As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - Toyed With

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - Toyed With

Toyed With

Toyed With

http://campcomic.com/comic/468

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I keep forgetting that Linus is in the Deep Woods.
    Yikes.

Every time I try to defend Neiman’s issues, he has to go just a little bit further into Misery territory. I just want him to get help while he’s stlll a kid!

briguy on
  • MechaBillMechaBill Registered User regular
    If we hadn't become accustomed to the cats by now, it would be difficult to make out since it's just a blob with oversize ears. But now we know that this is what cats look like.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    "It makes the rock be Neiman or else it gets the hose again. . ."

• tabletable Registered User regular
    If I'm reading this correctly, the person who can't read is in the library, the person who specifically dislikes Neiman is stuck with him, and the person who was most definitely terrified of the deep woods might be lost there.

But at least Neiman and Brian are in their elements I guess.

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    You know, I've completely forgot to look for a hidden cat in the last few tens of comic strips. As they say: they come for the cats, they stay for the strips!

• xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    pixel of a cat, if you ask me!

• MIJackelMIJackel Registered User regular
    He should tell him he wants to play tag...

• BrobBrob Registered User regular
    The only way this could get any creepier is if Neiman was able to throw his voice and get rock Neiman to talk back to him from Malachi's lap.

• The GorchThe Gorch Registered User regular
    The creep factor has been cranked right up for this one. Shades of 'Misery' here.

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Well, that made MY toes curl. Tree? WHAT tree??

http://campcomic.com/comic/233

• LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    I wonder if Neiman would look less batshit crazy if his pupils pointed in the same direction.

• Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    All I can figure is he's always been "broken". There doesn't seem to have been some defining moment that drove him to being obsessed with things that aren't his, he's just always been like that and never cared about those he hurts to get his obsessions. He is... unsafe. Reminding me of the tree incident just solidified it for me. This place needs a prison forged of cardboardiam alloy. NO ONE could escape that! I mean, really this boy needs therapy, most likely in the form of medication, but since this is a camp and the only medication they are likely to get is a random assortment of sky pills delivered from the uncaring god-plane, stick the kid in a prison. Give him a mirror so he thinks he's got company. People are birds right?

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »

That kid has some serious mental health problems. Like, he needs to see a psychiatrist ASAP. Seriously. :|
    Or more bow & arrow therapy.
    027_tell.jpg

• JReynoldsJReynolds Registered User regular
    The only kind of sky pills we've seen are the 'Elephant Candy.' I'm not sure that they would help Neiman, though.

• Jack Is DeadJack Is Dead Registered User regular
    The whole obsessed thing seems kinda like autism to me. Like autism mixed with antisocial disorder.... Also, yes, easily some of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

• MechaBillMechaBill Registered User regular
    Here is the strip where we first saw these toys...
    http://campcomic.com/comic/tiny-dancer

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular

briguy wrote: »

Peter Rogan wrote: »

Well, as they say in court, this speaks to the issue of intent, which is not only wrong, but Neiman knows it was wrong. Which may mean Malachi is under no compulsion to act according to Neiman's wishes. Putting his face by Malachi's untied feet invites the next logical, legal action.

• CandlewhisperCandlewhisper Registered User regular
    My god, The level of planning. It is insane. Brilliant.

I'm talking about the writing here, not Neiman. That Tiny Dancer strip was two years ago, and it all fits!

Bravo.

My god, The level of planning. It is insane. Brilliant.

I'm talking about the writing here, not Neiman. That Tiny Dancer strip was two years ago, and it all fits!

Bravo.

Yeah. I wanted to ask exactly how far in advance did you guys plan this?
    I know Adam is a brilliant writer, but this is some Batman level planning.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    I came up with the idea of Neiman having known Malachi before camp sometime during volume one. A lot of the finer details (i.e. the action figures) were filled in later, knowing that bigger piece of the puzzle.

AdamRW wrote: »
    I came up with the idea of Neiman having known Malachi before camp sometime during volume one. A lot of the finer details (i.e. the action figures) were filled in later, knowing that bigger piece of the puzzle.

Kudos. You guys make such an amazing team and I’m always astounded by how much thought is put into this comic.

• Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    "Hi I'm Malachi. Hi hi hi." That's the funniest thing for some reason. Actually you can't spell Malachi without the word "hi" (though tbf there's the spelling Malachai...)!

• cucumbercucumber Registered User new member
    neiman really is malachi's biggest fan huh

• Yayer2020Yayer2020 Registered User new member
    This is the most interesting thing I've met