As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In this World, It's Gift and Be Gifted. Stay Classy! [SECRET SANTA] & [CRYPTIC CARDS]

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Secret... Santa?

idgi
    Oh, I posted in D&D, that's why I got confused. I'll hold out for Secret Satan but y'all are cool Santas

Rainfall on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Okay so things I like

BUGS
    FOOD
    BOOKS

I don't really need clothes or collectible figurines or something like that, my house is super super tiny and I basically have run out of space. That being said, I love bug branded kitchen or home goods, something useful with bugs would be nice. I don't need like, preserved bugs or anything. I have enough of those already. But I love plushies also!

I really like gifts that let me know who you are (so, food or art or books that you like and would want to share with others)

On the other hand, if you want specific ideas, I would love the entire run of Rat Queens, the last volume of Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, or any of the new Squirrel Girl runs besides the first one.

I love sci-fi, my favorite author is Jeff Vandermeer, but I have all his books already. I got Ancillary Justice one year and loved that, though! I'll read most books once.

I like food a lot! If there's something regional to your area or something you like or made, that makes me rly happy. I live in Arizona though, so keep that in mind for shipping things. It will still be a million degrees even in December.

You could also get my cat some presents instead, she's a very good girl.

My favorite video games right now are Destiny and Dark Souls, but I've got most of the stuff from that I'd like.

I play a lot of Warhammer, Age of Sigmar, and play Skaven, but again I have most of the models I'd want. Maybe this can give you ideas tho idk. I am also looking to start playing Tyranids in 40k...

I have a Ps4, but my PC can't handle things more than like....indie games.

I'm not a hard guy to figure out, which is nice.

MERRY BUGMAS

Arch on
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Hm so wishlist. I do have wishlists posted in my signature.

I am slowly beginning to replace the library I lost when my house flooded, so book-purchasing gift-cards are always good. I'll put some of the ones I really would like to have replaced in my Amazon list as well. I'm trying to pick interesting or beautiful covers this time. Here is a list of what I currently have. The most recently entered are in one of my classroom libraries at a school that also flooded, so I'd also love some hand-me-down books for my students, too, honestly.

I love love all things Harry Potter and Doctor Who. Also Star Wars, but not the prequels. haha I love Bioware games and their assorted accessories for home and self.

I'm still working on home dec and outdoor plants. My design choices inside are all very mid-century modern. Things in grey, red, avocado, and various shades of teal will work. Outdoor plant pots in same colors or black. Outdoor plants even. Interesting posters are always good. I currently only have a Wonder Woman bombshell poster, so she may need company.

I sew, play guitar and piano, and do yarn crafts, so anything that would add to those hobbies is great.

I do enjoy the video games. I have a 360, a wii U, and a ps4. My laptop is a Mac, so that's important for the Steam options.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll add anything if I think of it later.

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    So just imagine this whole post is being read aloud by a slightly drunk wrestling announcer.

Okay so I'm pretty hard to buy gifts for because I have an impulse control problem and I usually just buy things for myself because I think they're shiny. So the list of things that I like is NOT the same as the list of things that you should buy me as a gift. SOOOOOO I will start with a list of things that I pretty much always love and then follow that up with a list of things you should buy for me because I probably haven't hyperfocused on it with my impulsive consumer brain. So, without further ado:

Things That Spawnbroker Pretty Much Always Loves But Has Probably Already Bought For Himself:
    • Board games! I love board games. Current favorite is Terra Mystica, I have a closet full of them from floor to ceiling.
    • Video games! Look I know you think you have found a video game that I'll love and that is a hidden gem but TRUST ME on this one, do not buy me a video game. I already own it and I beat it already. Yes, that one you're thinking of. That other one too. Don't try it!
    • Books! I love fantasy and science fiction, especially philosophical science fiction. Fantasy I'm a little bit more picky nowadays, but I read a lot of pulp fantasy novels when I was younger.
    • Comic books and super heroes! I am probably already a superfan of whatever you want to introduce me to.

So now that you have the list of things you should never buy for me, here's the list of things you should buy for me that I probably haven't thought to buy for myself:

Things You Should Buy For Me That I Probably Haven't Thought To Buy For Myself:
    • Food! I love all kinds of food, especially new foods that I haven't tried before. Anything local is great, homemade even better! I live in NYC and I love trying new experiences and new foods, so lay it on me! As a side note, I love hot sauce of all kinds.
    • Anything homemade! I love it when people put thought and energy into gifts way more than how much money they spent on it. Things I can hang on my walls, fantastic. Want to knit me a really sick scarf for the winter? Bring it. Want to bake me some cookies? FUCK YEAH I LOVE COOKIES, SEE BULLET POINT NUMBER ONE
    • Movie posters! I really want me some cool looking movie posters of some recent movies that I can hang on my walls, like Blade Runner 2049 or the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok.
    • This super sick Logitech gaming mouse! I actually already have one, but it's a few years old now and it's breaking and the buttons stick sometimes when I left click. Wired mice only, please! Get that wireless shit out of here.
    • Anything from where you live! I've only lived in Houston, NYC, and Arizona in my life and I haven't done a ton of travelling. So a care package of local stuff from where you live would actually be super neat! Tell me about where you're from and your what makes your hometown cool! Get me stuff from the local farmer's market down your street that has been open since the dawn of time or something!

Phew okay, I think that's it! I think I gave a good enough range of things for you to chew on. Woooo, secret santa!

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    List update! Come on in, the classiness is fine!

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I feel like I've inflicted a sufficient amount of my participation onto the forums to sign up for one of these. Very exciting!

I think what I'd like to get most is some small piece(s) of the local biota, largely excluding vertebrates. Pressed/dried leaves or flowers, mushrooms, insect husks, wasp nests, whatever. Preferably around 1.5" / 3.5cm in size, as they'll be set in blocks of resin, like so!

0q315rz7lt5l.jpg

I'd also be super interested in hearing why you chose that particular thing!

I'm also quite open to digital things; I have a Kobo ereader and a Switch that need to be stocked up but I don't know if/how exactly that can be done via gifts. I've also got a Steam account. I suppose physical objects are also okay, especially if they're a nice old fashioned hand cranked coffee grinder (but not any of the ones available on Amazon).

Instead of a wishlist, tho, I'm going to list some favorites:
    Board games!
    I love small, tightly designed things like Coin Age and Not Alone, big, sprawling things like Twilight Imperium, and non-standard interaction and/or pretty art stuff like Mysterium and (again) Not Alone. Malifaux is my favorite game I've almost never played and Netrunner is a runner up; I adore the art and theme and mechanics in both.

Video games!
    Majora's Mask is the best game ever and features the perfect mechanic to allow a variety of branching/intersecting stories without it feeling like you have to replay the game. The Witness is at least the best game of the last decade, an absolute masterclass in puzzle and level design. The recent Doom is one of my favorite shooters and is mechanically brilliant, Animal Crossing and Smash Bros. Melee remain two of the games I've put the most hours into, Breath of the Wild taught us that weapons breaking is good (it is good), Pan-Pan and Kingdom are my two most recent loves.

Books!
    I don't read anymore but keep pretending I will! Diamond Age is maybe my favorite book, and authorswise Asimov, Christie, Dostoyevsky, Gaiman, and Pratchett are all favorites. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime is good and important and made me cry. Watchmen is a good graphic novel, and Hark! A Vagrant, Scary-Go-Round, Gunnerkrigg Court, Achewood, and A Lesson Is Learned are all good comics.

Movies!
    My all time favorite is 1776: The Musical. It's got wit, drama, sex (metaphorically), and Franklin doing kicks. Other good movies that I like: Fury Road, Blade Runner, 12 Angry Men, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Transylmania, Crank and it's sequel, the Riddick movies but not the second one, and Star Wars: the good ones.

Music!
    Nine Inch Nails remains my favorite. Modest Mouse, Bloc Party, Florence and the Machine, July Talk, Talking Heads, Celldweller, Lady Gaga, Glitch Mob, Cake, and Tom Waits are all good stuff.

That's all the stuff I can think of off the top of my head; I've got a somewhat outdated list of things I own that I'll edit in here at some point.

Okay that should provide all possible insight into me as a person I think.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    !Sign up for Secret Santa'ing!

I like board games, but my group and I have a pretty substantial backlog of them already. I love Lego, Mass Effect, Marvel movies, Star Wars, Star Trek, Warframe, DotA2 (watching, not playing), the Dresden Files (I own all of them though), and Shadows of Brimstone (which I own pretty much everything for, but I'm hoping to at least point people in a general direction). I'm a larger dude, so 2XL is my usual shirt size. There's plenty more, of course, but hopefully that plus a little forum stalking opens up some ideas.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Oh Possum....

Oh Possum I hope I get you...

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Oh Possum....

I mean, if you want to send me stuff I certainly can't stop you.

It's not like I was thinking about adding "or one of AH's knives" after the bit about the coffee grinder or anything.

b-baka

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I'm glad we can sign up for Cryptic Carder and spread some christmas cheer!

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    !Sign-up for Santa Secrets!

I'll post an Amazon wishlist into my signature a bit later. The broad strokes for now - I'm a big movie fan, particularly classics. I've been dipping my toes into Korean cinema lately. About a year ago I was forced to liquidate much of my collection for a move. Along with about half my boardgame collection, too. Which I guess is a mixed blessing. Criterion has been re-releasing many of those films on Blu-ray now. So I no longer own Seven Samurai or Le Samourai, but there are shiny new high def versions. I'm also into board games, but since I have a full shelf space filled I've slowed down on that quite a bit. Still, there are a handful I'd still like to add to my collection. I've kind of played all the video games I've wanted to up until now on the consoles I own. If you plan on sending foodstuffs, know that I am hyper-allergic to onion.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Oh Possum....

No, he's mine

• Options
    We're up to 36 Santas! Don't forget to sign up before it's too late!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    (And you could always sign up for Cryptic Cards!)

• Options
    I'm crazy excited to find out who my Santee will be and spread some X-mas glee!

• Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    My first ever Secret Santa on PA! I can't believe it's taken me this long before joining in!

Like many people it seems I'd love to receive something local and/or homemade from my Santa - with a preference for food or drink (not so much of a fan of random knick-knacks). I'm a big gin and wine drinker and I do love a bit of cheese and cured meat (I sound horrifically middle class!). The caveat is that unfortunately I have coeliac disease, so anything you send will have to be gluten free.

The walls in my flat are rather bare right now, so I could do with some art work. What's caught my eye recently have been art deco re-imaginings of film posters as well as NASA 'Visions of the Future' posters but I'm open to anything cool (and appropriate).

Books
    I read a fair amount of Sci-Fi (not a fan of fantasy), but I don't read Sci-Fi just for the sake of sci-fi, the books still need to be good! Still happy to read any good books whatever the genre. Recent reads have been Gaiman, Le Guin and 1492 (a pop history book). The only graphic novels I've ever read are Watchmen and V for Vendetta so by all means introduce me to the genre!

Films
    I'm a bit of budding cinephile, so I'd welcome an interesting introductory/pop-film studies book. I've seen/own most of the films I want to own from the previous 5 years, however if there's a classic or overlooked film you think I need to watch/own by all means go ahead (I'm in the UK so make sure you get the right region!).

Music
    I like all sorts, the two most recent album purchases have been Radiohead and the National if that gives you any ideas. Currently I like listening to a fair bit of Synthwave and Post Rock.

My headphones are falling apart so wouldn't mind a new pair if you're feeling flush!

Edit: you've given me some more ideas - I loved Lego and model making when I was younger but just hadn't considered it as I got older. Would be more than happy to receive!

Anarchy Rules! on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Oh, it's me!

-I love board games. I also have a lot of board games. But I'm only not classified as a hoarder because I have shelves. You can see my collection here and my wishlist here.

-I also love to cook! I spend a lot of time in the kitchen making everything from scratch, brewing my own beer, making my own sauces and stocks.

-I have 2 cats and a wife. I'm a men's small, she's a woman's small, and I asked the cats and their shirt size is "I will literally claw you into confetti if you try and put that on me." Not sure about that, maybe it's European.

-Some more specific things I like: Doctor Who, the NJ Devils hockey team, the Dark Souls series, Game of Thrones, Rick & Morty, Brandon Sanderson books, Guardians of the Galaxy.

If you're hard up for ideas, my Amazon wishlist is here and as a last ditch effort or to make sure I don't already have what you're getting me (I have a lot of things) you can PM IrishRodent, my wife.

Edit: If you're buying me something off my BGG wishlist, please also go to Amazon and mark it as purchased on that wishlist. Thanks

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    So if you want to go above and beyond with your classiness, Secret Saints is now open!

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Merry Chrismuhkwanzaa

Since I will be moving soon, I'd rather not have a ton of stuff to take with me, so no big stuff

um

Don'ts:
    - Books
    - Erotica
    - Manga
    - Anime
    - Boardgames
    - hats (they don't fit)
    - Toys

Dos:
    - Giftcards to PSN, Steam, or LongTallSally
    - original art, by yourself or Darwyn Cooke or a commission from Blameless Cleric here on the forums
    - Acorn slipper socks, unisex size XL or XXL (the color isn't terribly important, but the more brightly-colored ones are preferred, and please don't pay more than $20-25 on these)
    - Donate in our name to HRC, National Center for Trans Equality, Transgender Legal Defense Fund, or Planned Parenthood
    - be good to each other

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I'll participate this year :).

I'm not really sure what I'd ask for. I'm always a fan of plushies (nothing huge though), or figurines (please nothing that requires assembly; I am AWFUL at that). Any cool RPG (or anything JRPGy) would be a solid buy game-wise.

Hmm....I'm sure there are other things I'd want, but nothing coming to mind at the moment.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Welcome aboard you two!

Reminder that signups close this weekend! Remember to decide before Monday Morning!

• Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    :)

1) Anything non-fiction, that's cool about the world we live in. I especially love science! And cool historical stuff!
    2) Anything that's awesome from your local area that you enjoy sharing with out of town visitors! Foodstuffs, gew-gaws, knick-knacks - whatever makes you say "Welcome to my homeland, you should see/try/ x!"
    3) Anything that's ideal for a cool bookshelf perch - art, statues - something cool. I still have plenty of empty shelf space I'd love to fill.
    4) Any awesome charitable donations - I'm a fan of EFF , Fisher House, Child's Play, Dress for Success, environmental causes, women's health, homelessness and STEM.
    5) Worst case scenario, steam gift cards can't go wrong :)
    6) Do you do awesome maker space things? It can be knit, soldered, or 3D printed - whatever's cool and you put effort into, s'all that matters. :)

:(

1) NSFW stuff
    2) Clothing - i'm awfully picky
    3) Coal. I swear I've been good this year

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Here's my wishlist, since i hadn't put it up before:

Interests:
    • I play a lot of videogame. PC, PS4, 3DS, or Switch. I play a lot of RPGs, MOBAs, and Metroidvanias. I'd prefer lesser known titles to mainstream ones, since I'll probably get around to most mainstream titles. Steam name Milski, avatar is Dr. McNinja. Don't focus on the wishlist; I dunno if you can stalk what games I've bought but that's a better metric.
    • Tabletop games: I own a lot of Dominion-likes (Dominion, Legendary, Puzzle Strike), but I'm interested in most games. Stuff that can be played solo would be appreciated so I don't have to convince other people to try it out.
    • Posters/Artwork/decorations: My house is relatively undecorated, so having some cool things in that respect would be nice.
    • Webcomics: I like OotS, Stand Still Stay Silent, Sleepless Domain, and Oglaf.
    • Food: I'm trying to expand my cooking knowledge. Recipes would be nice, as well as homemade/local food. I like spicy, but I don't really like jalepenos, if that matters.
    • Comics: I have read a bit but haven't really gotten into them. I tend to like more of what I've seen from Marvel, though. All the quirky new comics that get discussed in [Chat]? They tend to interest me.
    • Music: Point me in the direction of good music! Basically any genre is acceptable. Buying a physical album is probably not as helpful as some links.
    • Books: Good literature is a blast! Again, not picky on the genre.
    • Cool local stuff: Self explanatory!

Eh:
    • NSFW: I'm not opposed to the idea but I don't really use toys and don't want NSFW decorations.
    • Gift cards/cash: Kinda dull but if you don't want to risk gifting me something I already have a gift card+buy this wouldn't be bad.
    • Clothes: I don't really accessorize much and my wardrobe is passable. If you have a really cool T-shirt then an adult large works; I'm thin but broad shouldered, so super short sleeves tend to suck.

Uninterested:

• Prepackaged food/snacks: Aside from local/homemade food above.
    • Movies: I tend to just netflix/redbox movies I want to watch, or go in theaters.
    • Extravagant gifts: If you're somehow one of these miracle Santas, I'd prefer you give it to another forumer or make a charitable donation in my name.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, so I've been putting it off for a while - I really never know what to say for these things. So, the biggest thing that's changed since the last time I participated a few years back is that now I'm married (in fact, we just celebrated our one year anniversary not too long ago.) So, as for gifts:

Good:
    * The last time, I was leery of getting games through Steam because my computer was old and probably wouldn't handle most games. That's no longer the case - I have a brand new computer that can run most everything that can be thrown at it. So if you're interested in giving games through Steam, that would be appreciated. Neither of us are all that big fans of FPSes, so it's probably best to stay away from them. Interesting/quirky games that can be played in short bursts would be interesting, though. I'll try to get my wishlist filled in some more.
    * As for consoles, we both own PS4s, and as such games for the system are appreciated as well. We tend to get the big titles we're interested in, so if you're going to go this way, more niche titles are appreciated, as are PSN credits.
    * Books are a good choice as well, as the both of us (especially Mrs. Hedgie, she's a rather voracious reader.) We tend to prefer science fiction and fantasy, but interesting non-fiction is good too. Also, if you want to send Audible credits, those would be good as well, as she loves to listen to audiobooks.
    * Board games would be fun as well. I'd rather get something quirky that you think is good - we own things like Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, Dominion, and would like to broaden our scope. It would be preferred if you get things that have a two player setup.
    * Any local specialties or homemade gifts would be much appreciated. That said, foodwise, I have to ask for no mushrooms (they don't agree with her), and be aware that she can't really taste orange, so anything flavored with it won't do much for her.

Okay:
    * Gift cards will work, though since we live somewhere relatively rural, it's best to stick with Amazon or such if you want to go this route.

Please Avoid
    * NSFW gifts just wouldn't work, so please avoid such.
    * Prepackaged food, aside from local favorites.
    * Movies/Collectables/Etc. - we're trying to slim down our ownership, in preparation of buying a house.
    * Alcohol - neither of us drink, so it would just wind up being regifted.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So wishlist, partially torn from last year.

*I like comics. I have a good collection. I have gotten awesome comics in previous years. I am always up for a new set though.
    *Tea. I drink tea a lot. Like 5 cups+ a day sometimes
    *Whiskey, I prefer Scotch over Bourbon
    *Beer-I am a snob. I am from Colorado. And I am not a fan of IPAs.
    *Books. I love books. I will read mostly anything. But read mostly sci-fi, history, or international relations books
    *Vidya-I tend to not play as much anymore thanks to life, work, and bros.
    *I have an Xbone. I don't play it a ton though.
    *I like art and could use some for my condo
    *Mazzxx needs warm blankets if you knit or so. I keep my place too cold it seems.
    *Any sort of knit or warm thing like hats and scarves and stuff are welcome
    *Board games-I like them just don't get a lot of play time anymore.
    *40k-I play Chaos Space Marines, looking at starting another army at some point maybe
    *Something for the pup, he has a grumbly tummy so avoid grains if possible
    *Cooking gear, I cook a lot
    *Local food is cool if it is edible when it arrives, I am allergic to bee stings and nothing else

Do not want:
    *NSFW stuff
    *tomatoes

Steam profile.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/remmek/

I might add more later.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Sure, last minute sign up because I still hate wishlists so I just copy/pasted from last year.
    DA likes:
    Tabletop RPGs (though I have a fair amount so it needs to be odd for me to not have it if it interested me and I knew about it.)
    Board games
    Books (though I'm kindle based nowadays)
    House stuff? (I have no idea OMFG what am I doing.)

DA dislikes:
    Hops
    Physical media, I'm not a caveman!
    Not cool stuff?
    Wishlists apparently.

In all seriousness though I like trying new things. Local foods/specialties, art you especially like, whatever. I'm horrible at finding new authors and that sort of thing. I generally have the vidja games I want and not enough time to actually play them. Oh yeah, comic book trades are an exception to physical media. I read them and then pass them around to friends so they don't clutter stuff up.

Uh, probably no NSFW stuff as I found it mostly weird to get from random folks and don't know what I'd really do with it. I am of course American so stuff like oglaf (NSWF) is mostly what I'm referring to rather than say stuff like KillSixBillionDemons.

Also also, yeah, I guess I like webcomics too.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Wishlist! I am mobile posting so let’s see how this goes:

Stuff I like:
    [*]I'm a standup comedian in my spare time, so anything that might be useful for that is incredibly appreciated. A cool watch with a digital timer, unique stationery or an iPhone mic would be great, and genuinely useful! Anything you think might be useful for long journeys would be great too since I regularly spend 3+ hours each way on buses to shows.

[*]I love stuff from people's local sports team. I'm a huge football (soccer) fan and watch as much of it as I can. I love hearing from people who are passionate about sport, and why you go out of your way to watch a live game in the freezing cold in the middle of winter or travel for hours to go see your team play in some arena. Any sort of cool merch your team might have (I'm an XL in tshirts/2XL in Addidas jerseys) and any sort of stories you have about supporting your team would be amazing. I’ve been amassing a collection of football scarves lately, so an addition to that would be cool!

[*]Games! I mostly just play WoW and FIFA, but anything off my wishlist would be cool. [this will be edited in later when I’m not on an iPhone]

[*]Vinyl! I like punk, emo and metal. I also have a special place in my heart for standup records. Any albums by Kyle Kinane, Patton Oswalt or Mitch Hedberg on wax would be an amazing present.

[*]Candy (not chocolate, I gave it up in April :) ) and alcohol are always cool.

[*]Charities! Pieta House and Free Safe Legal are very close to my heart and could do with some love.

Stuff I'm meh on.
    [*]I'm not really a huge book reader. The only exception to this is books by or about standups.

[*]Movies. Pretty much anything I want to watch is on Netflix and I don't really have a collection.

[*]Decorative stuff. I don't have too much room for models and the like.

[*]NSFW presents. I don't mind if something is nsfw but like, not something that’s just nsfw for the sake of it.

Edit: there’s no list option on mobile, I’ll edit this to make it pretty later :P

Tav on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Wants:
    I recently got big into running table top RPGs, particularly D&D and Apocalypse World - thought I own pretty much all the books for D&D and the AW2.0 book. Cool dice are always welcome, though! As are stuff people don't think of that is fun for playing in, or running, table top games.

Related to that, I've started painting minis. All my minis are Reaper Bones (1st kickstarter, and in a couple years the fourth, most recent kickstarter).

I'm big into homebrew, and I brew beer and mead.

I'm a big fan of the MCU, but I tend to get the blu-rays that are out (See amazon wishlist. Any I don't have end up there until I get them).

Amazon Wishlist
    Steam Wishlist

Do not want:
    CDs as I get all my music through Google Play. That's about it off the top of my head.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Stalking has commenced!

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Gifts away! (The internet makes this so easy)

For my Santa - I'm moving Dec 1 so it's best to send your gift such that it will arrive after that. I sent RMS both my current and new addresses but it'll be easier to just send it to the new one (with an apartment number, not a letter)

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    stalker information:

oh jeez

I'm really bad at being given gifts

uh my steam is the same name, there are games on there

I like legos

I like your weird local foods

I like home-made crafts and arts if you're into that

I like board games

I like scifi books and weird indie comic collections... what are you into? share it with me!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Wishlist that gets smaller every year;

COMIC/BOOKS! Sci-fi/Fantasy fare still preferred but a light-hearted/comedic tone is more appreciated than The Walking Thrones kind of stuff.

GAMES? I'm more receptive to gaming swag than games at this point as the few things that manage to drag me away from FF XIV I usually just get for myself. But if you've got something you just know I'll love, feel free!

KNICK-KNACKS! Again this is just kind of whatever you think is neat and think I think is neat! Being about nerd shit not a prerequisite. Nothing too large though, I am still in an apartment.

Subject to future additions.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    GIT GIFTIN'!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Let the gifting games begin!

Celebration-GIF-Image-Download-1.gif

May the odds be ever in your favor...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    It begins!

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Santee, I'm all for a bit of stalking but you're one of the people without a list in this thread.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    Santee, I'm all for a bit of stalking but you're one of the people without a list in this thread.

Yeah, change that please

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I have moved fast. The internet claimed it could deliver gifts quickly. I have accepted its challenge.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Wishlist:

I fucking hate writing these things:

Don't send booze. I've been sober a long time, and while I will appreciate the thought I will just regift it..
    Clothing is something I tend to like to personally handle. I'm weird that way.
    I travel for a living, so when it comes to travel gear I tend to be really particular.

Things I like:

I may be a film nerd. I love Westerns. I love everybodies Westerns. If you find an Ostern you'd be a hero to me. But hey, if you find a curry Western like Sholay or a Thai Western like Tears of the Black Tiger, I'm down for that. Horror isn't great for me. I respect the genre but my PTSD doesn't play well with horror.
    Also history. A preference for the history of conflict. Usually this means military history but also tends to include various civil rights movements, protest movements and other things along those lines. If you're an international Santee then some local history would be great.
    Cars are fun.
    Planes, also pretty fun.
    Video games are pretty cool.
    Someone to write wishlists for me.

If you aren't sure if I'll like something, I would suggest messaging Jacobkosh or Elldren. They both know me pretty well.