As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Ghost in the Shell

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Having 0 mobility feels too turrety for me, but it rapidly reaches the point where I don't much mind anymore.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    https://vendorengrams.xyz/

Is an insane website. I've gotten over twenty items that are at item level 300 in a few minutes, some with the legendary mod to make them 305. I have now infused everything I've ever wanted.

oh god, i thought we were done with bullshit like this

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

Is an insane website. I've gotten over twenty items that are at item level 300 in a few minutes, some with the legendary mod to make them 305. I have now infused everything I've ever wanted.

If you feel better this is something you're gonna care about like once for each character that hits 305 and then you can just go back to mild disinterest.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Got 3/5 Optimacy set for Hunter, looks pretty fly
    j08ngpd0omhy.png

For a white guy.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Just went 13-0 in Clash. Vigilance Wing, man.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Had a match on Emperor's Respite on Control, started on good side. Kept saying over comms that we needed to keep A spawn for B to stay ours. Guy ignores me as we get ahead in points and takes C. We lose A spawn and then B. And then can't take them back, even after I burn a super to get A again, we lose the game. After being silent the whole game, a guy gets on his mic to mock me for my 1.1 k/d compared to his 1.7, and yet he was the one who took C and cost us the game.

Neat

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Just went 13-0 in Clash. Vigilance Wing, man.

It's a great gun for pvp. I couldn't use it in trials do to the nature of death in trials, but regular pvp is fine with it.

I hope everyone can get it eventually, I mean an actually functioning pulse, what will they think of next?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I run 0 recovery. Max mobility, I love strafe speed. 1v1 in CQ it is so good.

You guys are underestimating mobility.

That being said I just went recovery build on my Titan and did my best titaning.

Do we know of mobility impacts doddge distance?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I just realized that shaders will affect exotic weapons in the preview. What the hell, man?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Mobility is something folks adore or loathe.

Any argument about its merits will go completely off the mark as the value systems are incompatible.

As far as I'm aware, the dodge is similar to active melee abilities, entirely self-contained and unmodifiable.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    I proudly tout a 0 mobility. I still run around like a berserker shoulder-checking mans in both PVE and PVP.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Nope, Dodge is same speed and distance no matter what agility you have. I wish it had maybe like, 5 frames of invincibility to make it an actually useful ability.

Strafe speed is great, but if I can get away with a 3 or 4 and feel fine, why can't I have the ability to go heavier on other stats? "Because fuck you that's why"

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I proudly tout a 0 mobility. I still run around like a berserker shoulder-checking mans in both PVE and PVP.

The beauty of Shoulder Charge, yeah. My primary Titan armor has some on but only because it comes with the recovery gear.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Lot of stats discussion overlooks the fact that you're teamshooting 90% of the time.

The other 10% should be spent correcting the fact that you are not teamshooting.

Going to go out on a limb and say that class-specific stuff like abilities, supers and exotic perks are going to have a significantly bigger effect than any amount of tweaking stats.

• Options
    I'm not saying Mobility can't be useful for some or that stats ruin the game, it's just that for my playstyle mobility won't do what it did in D1 and therefore is a lot less appealing. I'd feel better if Sprint was increased too, or if rolling maybe had a perk to trigger shield regen at the cost of a longer cooldown.

Why bother even having stats to customize if you purposefully cap them anyways? The stat changes feel arbitrary and when compared to old Destiny, feels like a step back

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    From my incredibly incredibly limited time in trials of having booker cb and twitch drag me to 3 wins. It seemed tactics were the real deciding point.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I have found that the counter to a team cheesing on healing rifts is to shoot a cluster rocket up their ass.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    291 on my Hunter and Warlock now! Poor neglected Titan... gotta work on him tonight.

Also, Hawthorne gave my Warlock a 299 Merciless. Yisssssss

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    They need to make mobility more useful. I don't mind the classes having different strengths but if you're going to do that make all the stats equally useful.

Recovery is fine where it's at. Resilience is mostly fine, though the diminishing returns hit it so hard it's kind of pointless past 5 or 6.

Mobility is the worst. Maybe let it affect sprint speed and slide distance.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The difference between 4 recovery and 7 recovery feels enormous, in this man's opinion. Low recovery in PvP suuuuuuucks.

Punching however, rules. Please ignore my slightly derpy gun skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNB7qUD0OtA
    That guy was probably pretty mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AL4Cmvb8Dg

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

If you feel better this is something you're gonna care about like once for each character that hits 305 and then you can just go back to mild disinterest.

Devoutly is wise. Yes, you utilize the website once, maybe twice, get what you want, and then you're set until the expansion / light level gets raised.

That being said, I still think the rotating Power level is stupid.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    so two things happened to my warlock.

i randomed into a crucible match on the side of 3 clanmates on vostok who just sat back and held the upper stone courtyard the entire game of clash. It was the most boring win I've ever gotten. It's the first time i've played with or against a team doing that.

and with the raid clear last night and most of my week's milestones except crucible/nightfall, my warlock is now 305 everything but boots and bond. getting those last two is just luck on powerful rewards at this point right? or hoping an exotic engram turns into boots at least for that slot. so basically that could happen tomorrow or never.

At least i have a small pile of 300 guns now all my characters can use

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    What stat setups are you guys running in Crucible?

I have 4/4/8 on my Warlock which feels really nice, especially with the added sprint speed and slide distance of Transversive Steps.

My Hunter is . . . a work in progress. I don't have enough recovery gear to create a dedicated PVP set yet. I think the last game I went into I had 2 Recovery and it was awful.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    On Hunter I managed a 6/4/5 which feels like a pretty good mix. I still can survive that extra Mida shot, my regen isn't glacial, and strafe/jumps feel more than good.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    2/4/7 on my main PvP set-up. The higher I push recovery the more I like it but I don't want to bottom out the other two.

Edit: also the Vigilance Wing is no joke, two guys were using it in that Midtown match I clipped up there and in the midrange it's a real fucker to try to duel.

Peen on
  • Options
    I haven't put too much into it except to make sure i'm not going under 4 resilience

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    On Hunter I managed a 6/4/5 which feels like a pretty good mix. I still can survive that extra Mida shot, my regen isn't glacial, and strafe/jumps feel more than good.

I was just about to come in here and say I run a 6/4/5...

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    So about stats.

How does my Hunters NM Arms have 5 stat points, and my titans FWC arms have 4 stat points? Where is the balance on that? Why the difference?

It looks the same across all the gear actually. All the hunter gear has one more stat point that my titan's gear.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    titans are better so it's like a handicap

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i didn't not just make that up

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    so two things happened to my warlock.

i randomed into a crucible match on the side of 3 clanmates on vostok who just sat back and held the upper stone courtyard the entire game of clash. It was the most boring win I've ever gotten. It's the first time i've played with or against a team doing that.

and with the raid clear last night and most of my week's milestones except crucible/nightfall, my warlock is now 305 everything but boots and bond. getting those last two is just luck on powerful rewards at this point right? or hoping an exotic engram turns into boots at least for that slot. so basically that could happen tomorrow or never.

At least i have a small pile of 300 guns now all my characters can use

Lucky for you. I'd say that approximately 50% of my games on Vostok in the form of Clash OR Supremacy end up with this happening. I know it may be the best thing to do but boy is it boring as hell.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    gah. DIM showing me my max base power is 299.4 is tilting.

• Options
    does anyone know how to disconnect Destiny Sets so i can switch between my ps4 and xbone accounts?

preferably other than clearing my cookies and cache every time i want to do this

• Options
    edited October 2017
    gah. DIM showing me my max base power is 299.4 is tilting.

p5ilop75p9k1.png

I don't know what you mean... I'm not frustrated at all...

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    does anyone know how to disconnect Destiny Sets so i can switch between my ps4 and xbone accounts?

preferably other than clearing my cookies and cache every time i want to do this

Open Incognito Window?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

Open Incognito Window?

i always forget incognito window solves everything

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    So about stats.

How does my Hunters NM Arms have 5 stat points, and my titans FWC arms have 4 stat points? Where is the balance on that? Why the difference?

It looks the same across all the gear actually. All the hunter gear has one more stat point that my titan's gear.

If you're looking at your armor in DIM, it's because DIM is bugged.

Helms, Arms, and Legs all have 3 stat points, Chests have 4, and Stat Mods add +1. So 13 base points for each class, +5 if you use up all armor slots for stat mods. Though I'm not actually sure every class had a stat mod available for each armor piece.

• Options
    apparently it does not solve everything because the lack of cookies gives me an authentication error

balls

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    So about stats.

Don't trust DIM! For some reason it totally reports inaccurate info on this. I had the same problem, it reported my warlock with like 21 total stat points when he only actually has 14

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    Well that's good to know then. I've been using cooldown and reload speed mods more than stat mods.