As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I have no idea what I just ordered from the [Bad Food Thread]

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    the real lesson here is to come to seattle and eat Dick's, which has been exactly as good all of the hundred+ times I've been there, and is both cheaper and better than every other fast food joint

Shorty on
  • Options
    you also get to make a lot of really fuckin' stupid jokes

i.e., "man I can't wait to get some Dick's in my mouth"

"this bag of Dick's is going directly inside me"

and so on, constantly, forever

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    In N Out is a top pick when I want a delicious burger for good cost. $8.41 gets me a Double Double with fries and drink and it's just enough to properly fill me without being bloating. I recently tried the burger animal style and it was great, but never have I had an In N Out burger, and I've been to them across the state, that I would have ever considered bad.

Burger snobbery is just as irritating as steak snobbery.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Shorty wrote: »

I'm not sure why but this reminded me that I had a bag of sour gummy worms in the pantry

they have now been ate

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    When it comes to chicken, I was super unimpressed with CFA the one time I went there.

However, Zaxby's has some truly good chicken.

Zaxby's is OK, but probably my...4th or 5th choice for tendos in the immediate area.

• Options
    Also I live in So Cal and have never laid eyes on a Raising Cane establishment.

• Options

I'm not sure why but this reminded me that I had a bag of sour gummy worms in the pantry

they have now been ate

you're welcome

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Also I live in So Cal and have never laid eyes on a Raising Cane establishment.

There are five, that have all opened within the past 12 months. They're in Costa Mesa, Aliso Viejo, Orange, Laguna Hills and Downey. There's one "coming soon" in La Habra.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Cane's is good. Overpriced, but pretty good.

I also used to work there and I know of one secretish menu item. Ask them to "bob" your texas toast and they'll put butter on both sides before grilling it.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So that map from several pages ago,

There are only 10 chic-fil-a's in the entire state and 3/4s of those opened in the last 6 months.

I call that list BS.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    In N Out is a top pick when I want a delicious burger for good cost. $8.41 gets me a Double Double with fries and drink and it's just enough to properly fill me without being bloating. I recently tried the burger animal style and it was great, but never have I had an In N Out burger, and I've been to them across the state, that I would have ever considered bad.

Burger snobbery is just as irritating as steak snobbery.

I dunno, im usually up for a bit of light steak snobbery, rare new york strip represent. If I hate myself ill dive down the "which style off bbq is best" hole.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »
    I regret not going to In-N-Out when I had the chance but my group only had time to go to that or a gun range.

How does it compare to 5 guys?

You were in Vegas weren't you.

Yes I was.

That is a place not designed for pedestrians. Food was good though.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I keep doing a double take because down here Foursquare is like a convenience store/grocery store that you find in the smaller rural areas and towns that don't have bigger food stores.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think this Foursquare is some kind of geolocating phone app that tracks what stores you visit and sells that metadata to advertisers? I'm not sure why anyone uses it, there must be some other purpose to it that I don't know about.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I think this Foursquare is some kind of geolocating phone app that tracks what stores you visit and sells that metadata to advertisers? I'm not sure why anyone uses it, there must be some other purpose to it that I don't know about.

It’s just another Yelp

I use it instead of Yelp because years ago I was in line at Chipotle and there was a sign that you would get a free bag of chips if you checked in on Foursquare

It’s come in handy for finding local restaurants when in a new area

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Didnt foursquare let you be "king" of a place if you checked in there more than other people?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    the real lesson here is to come to seattle and eat Dick's, which has been exactly as good all of the hundred+ times I've been there, and is both cheaper and better than every other fast food joint

Imho Dick's is exactly as good as in n out but 50% cheaper and with no bullshit lines. I really love some hot Dick's inside me.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

I mean, it works even better for Five Guys.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Five Guys...Dick's...In'N'Out...I'm beginning to sense a theme here. I'm almost afraid to google what A&W actually stands for.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

Somebody needs to buy both chains and combine them.

Five Guys Dicks

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Maybe even pick up In 'n' Out as well?

• Options

nah

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Back before I knew how shitty their corporate practices were, I would go to Chic-fil-a as I really liked the food and the customer service was beyond great, but I honestly haven't been back in almost 9 years.

I went to McDonalds last weekend and tried their chicken select strips and asked for the house sauce, and I wanted it for there, not to go, but they gave me a bag instead of a tray. I still ate it there, and I didn't say anything because I realized they were also trying to put together and organize like, thirty full meals for Uber Eats which is still relatively new in my area.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    http://www.delish.com/food-news/news/a56214/in-n-out-whataburger-texas/

Apparently Texas is really angry about that Foursquare map.

• Options
    Dateline: Everywhere, probably. A company applies data in a shitty haphazard manner and is subject to the haphazard wrath of citizens shitty at analyzing data. Film at 11.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I think Limp Lizard is better, but still not really... good.

Still much too heavy on their sauces.

When your bbq needs a cup of sauce with it you've fucked something up along the way (unless it's carolina pulled pork with that vinegar mustard sauce mmmm)

FTFY.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Oh shit yeah! When I was looking for a can of soup to crack open and drink in the kitchen I found some jelly beans I bought that don't expire until April.

I have been blessed tonight.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    http://www.delish.com/food-news/news/a56214/in-n-out-whataburger-texas/

Apparently Texas is really angry about that Foursquare map.

Well there is the phrase "Don't Mess With Texas." I guess it has broad sweeping applications?

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Five Guys...Dick's...In'N'Out...I'm beginning to sense a theme here. I'm almost afraid to google what A&W actually stands for.

Amburrgers and wootbeer

• Options
    Tracks.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Uriel wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »

Amburrgers and wootbeer

The scene from the Steve Martin Pink Panther where he's working with an accent coach and he keeps fucking up the pronunciation of hamburger still cracks me up.

That movie isn't great, but I love that scene.

MalReynolds on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

nah
    Are you saying you're not down for Five Guys in your mouth?

sig.gif
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Maybe he just wants some Dick's in his mouth and doesn't want to be limited to an arbitrary number. Don't burgershame.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    why can't I hold all this Dick's

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    The best thing about Dick's is that if you go to them and say "I NEED AN UNREASONABLE QUANTITY OF BURGERS RIGHT NOW", whether it's the lunch rush, ten minutes before closing, or whatever time of day, they'll have them for you before the cashier is done counting your change.

They're not amazing burgers on their own, but factoring in the price and the speed of production, they're an incredible value.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The best thing about Dick's is that if you go to them and say "I NEED AN UNREASONABLE QUANTITY OF BURGERS RIGHT NOW", whether it's the lunch rush, ten minutes before closing, or whatever time of day, they'll have them for you before the cashier is done counting your change.

They're not amazing burgers on their own, but factoring in the price and the speed of production, they're an incredible value.

I wish we had a Dick's burgers out here. Just so when I told someone to eat a bag of dicks, I could offer directions on where to pick them up.

Closest we got is Dickey's BBQ.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

ouroboros of cock

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    got taken out for korean bbq again

it was really really good

also i'm really tempted to go back to that area and actually try a bunch of the korean fried chicken places. I constantly walk past them but I've never actually tried them.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Huh. In-N-Out is only in six states. Guess that explains why I have never seen one.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited October 2017
    You know who makes a really decent Smashburger-style burg? Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers. If you're into the kind of burger that's juicy in the middle but has a doily of crispy bits around the edges, I recommend checking it out.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.