As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I have no idea what I just ordered from the [Bad Food Thread]

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Deep fried pizza is the bad food thread summed up in one meal.

In bad food-related news, the double down from KFC is now available in the UK.

I'm tempted to try it, but only to find out if I die from a heart account or an extreme bowl movement.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Deep fried pizza is the bad food thread summed up in one meal.

In bad food-related news, the double down from KFC is now available in the UK.

I'm tempted to try it, but only to find out if I die from a heart account or an extreme bowl movement.

I'm going to take a withdrawal from my heart account and spend it on bowls that don't move.

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Guys, I am really pissed about the McDonald's dipping sauce situation. Like, livid over here. I mean, how dare they...oh look a squirrel.

• Options
    Reginald wrote: »
    Guys, I am really pissed about the McDonald's dipping sauce situation. Like, livid over here. I mean, how dare they...oh look a squirrel.

The rick and morty szechuan sauce debacle proved that people are fucking morons.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm still surprised BK hasn't capitalized on this PR snafu yet. It'd take them a week at most to mobilize a dipping sauce to all their restaurants I bet.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I'm still surprised BK hasn't capitalized on this PR snafu yet. It'd take them a week at most to mobilize a dipping sauce to all their restaurants I bet.

BK would first need something that was actually edible to dip into those sauces.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

BK would first need something that was actually edible to dip into those sauces.

... Is McDonalds considered higher quality?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I love Mcdonalds burgers though.

They're garbage for you but tow the line between good value and taste.

• Options
    I think BK is overpriced.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    It'd only take them about a week to ship a sauce to their restaurants, maybe.
    I feel like it'd take them probably a couple months to develop a recipe for a sauce, run it through the corporate hierarchy of approvals, and then another few weeks to months to set up and get production running on the sauce though.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

... Is McDonalds considered higher quality?

Than BK? Yeah probably.

• Options

they're about the same here, they're both overpriced for what they are

• Options
    edited October 2017
    BK burgers are better but McDonalds has better chicken and fries.

McDonalds burgers taste like they are made from ground up newspaper.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    My budget-tier fast food burg hierarchy:

Hardee’s < BK < McD < Wendy’s = Sonic < Whataburger

(Hardee’s might actually have better burgs but I won’t eat there still because of their grossness over the years. Also JitB is still kind of psychologically stricken from my fast food list because they weren’t around in the area I grew up and thus I can only associate them with that 90s E. coli scare.)

rhylith on
  • Options
    Wendy's has the best chicken nuggs though it is known.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Wendy's has the best chicken nuggs though it is known.

Well, they did until they discontinued the spicy nuggs.
    Now I live a sad, nuggless lifestyle, occasionally supplemented by chicken fingers and/or tenders.

This is no way for a disgusting hambeast to live.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    The spicy nuggs weren't as crisp on the outside.

I will now fight you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dnZHea_TI0

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Wendy’s nuggs are my favorite.

• Options

BK burger meals are always more expensive than mcdonalds ones. Honestly for the cost of a BK meal, I might as well go to a 5 guys if it's available. It's so much better for not a lot more.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    BK is doing a spicy chicken nugget promotion to compete with the other chains. People named wendy get a free order tomorrow at participating locations. ^.^

https://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2017/10/11/fast-food-news-burger-kings-spicy-chicken-nuggets/

• Options
    Burger King chicken nuggs are gross though. Somehow their chicken is only good in fry form.

• Options

BK burger meals are always more expensive than mcdonalds ones. Honestly for the cost of a BK meal, I might as well go to a 5 guys if it's available. It's so much better for not a lot more.

Up here the cost is like maybe 50 cents between the two though.

And yeah, for like $4 more I can get more fries than I know what to do with (also cajun styled too!) and a burger that tastes worlds better than even what any fast food joint can churn out.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    My budget-tier fast food burg hierarchy:

Hardee’s < BK < McD < Wendy’s = Sonic < Whataburger

(Hardee’s might actually have better burgs but I won’t eat there still because of their grossness over the years. Also JitB is still kind of psychologically stricken from my fast food list because they weren’t around in the area I grew up and thus I can only associate them with that 90s E. coli scare.)

gotta go with

McDonalds < Burger King < Sonic < Checkers < Five Guys < Wendy's

at least around my area

fries would be:

Burger King < Sonic < Wendy's < McDonalds < Five Guys < Checkers

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Wendy's
    Burger King
    McDonald's

Five guys really isn't the same type of place, at least here

• Options
    Wendy's
    Burger King
    McDonald's

Five guys really isn't the same type of place, at least here

it's a couple bucks more so I lumped it in

• Options
    That ain’t budget tier.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Dairy Queen being criminally underrated in here.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »

I always think of Dairy Queen as a blizzard restaurant.

• Options
    That ain’t budget tier.

A whopper costs as much as a burger from 5 guys

• Options
    I can't understand a world where 5 guys is even in the same neighborhood as BK or McDonalds quality wise.

You guys must have a shitty 5 guys franchise where you live.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    5 Guys is horribly overrated. They have good toppings and good fries, not good burgers.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    In terms of social media output, Wendy's is the top tier queen.

screen%20shot%202017-04-13%20at%20103936%20am.png

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    That ain’t budget tier.

A single whopper costs 2-3 dollars less than a 5 guys single burg

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    5 Guys is horribly overrated. They have good toppings and good fries, not good burgers.

I've never run across that, fortunately.

And I can imagine, even in a worst case, it'd still be better than what any of the fast food chains can churn out.

Maybe the issue is locally sourced beef instead of regional/national.

• Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular

Yeah, their burgers and chicken tenders are pretty good. My favorite is the Flamethrower burger, which has spicy barbecue sauce, pepperjack cheese and jalapenos. Makes my scalp sweat just right.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    That ain’t budget tier.

A single whopper costs 2-3 dollars less than a 5 guys single burg

A single Whopper at my local BK is $4.99. A Little Hamburger at the local 5 Guys is $5.19.

• Options
    A large whopper meal at BK is something like $9 here after tax. McDs is like maybe $8.70 for their big mac.

Double burger with small fries (still enough to feed a family of four) and a drink is only like $13 after tax.

Obviously if you're on a budget that's a huge price difference, but you probably shouldn't be eating at fast food if you're on a budget.

But I guess if 5 guys has such a shitty level of quality in your area I can see why you'd not want to pay the slight premium for it. The cajun fries are my jam though, can't get those anywhere else, not around here anyways.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Robonun wrote: »

Yeah, their burgers and chicken tenders are pretty good. My favorite is the Flamethrower burger, which has spicy barbecue sauce, pepperjack cheese and jalapenos. Makes my scalp sweat just right.

Mine too! One of the very few times when something that's advertised as "hot" from a fast food joint actually has some heat to it.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Ketar wrote: »

I've never run across that, fortunately.

And I can imagine, even in a worst case, it'd still be better than what any of the fast food chains can churn out.

Maybe the issue is locally sourced beef instead of regional/national.

I’ve had 5 guys in a few places around the country and their burgers are always dry. I’m pretty sure people elevate the place because of unlimited toppings, and when they overload the burger with those toppings with like 4 sauces and 20 veggies on it you don’t notice the dry burg. I like a pretty minimalist burger so I pick out when the meat isn’t prepared properly.

rhylith on
  • Options
    I mostly stick to just ketchup and mustard, maybe onions. It's never been dry to me. I've had DC, PA, and NY franchises.

This discussion has been closed.