As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Happy 1st Anniversary!

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    That's still pretty good for Lukas. He's going to end up with 43 attack and 40 defense taking Fortress Def into account.

Swap a Brave Lance, Threaten Def, Ignis and baby, you got a stew going.

Thank you for that reference Kelor.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Those Warrior maps are really good for leveling your level ~25 units up to 40 too. I got about 9 or so units from mid twenties to 40 last night so now I have a better pool of max level units to choose from.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well, guess I need to think of a different project then with Arvis finished.

Suggestions for Leo? Summer Robin?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Young Tiki was one of my earliest units, and she's been a workhorse. She's like red Hector. Whoever arrives with hone dragons can fill the empty slot on my dragon emblem team, alongside YTiki, Ninian, and Fae (I have adult Tiki and FCorrin but haven't invested time or skills in any of them.)

Falchions don't seem that common to me in upper arena, though Julia is pretty popular and now Deidre has another naga tome.

s7Imn5J.png
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    So... someone talk me out of making a dragon emblem team?

I'm tempted to do Corrin, Ninian, Fae, Tiki (Adult) as a "facetank every-fucking-thing" build. This means sinking 40k feathers to promote Corrin and Tiki.

I did it. It's awesome. You should totally do it too.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I looked into it the other day but all my dragons have terrible IVs, almost exclusively minus attack or speed.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I chased ninian twice, during her release and during the hero fest, to no avail. Probably did like more than 200 orbs towards not getting her :(

steam_sig.png
    Kelor wrote: »
    I looked into it the other day but all my dragons have terrible IVs, almost exclusively minus attack or speed.

Minus speed is fine on adult Tiki I think?

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I don't have any Tiki's currently, from memory I used her Bonfire on someone.

Never gotten Young Tiki.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I fed Nowi to Arvis for Threaten Res. When I have the spare feathers I'll get one of my spare Tharjas to 5* to try a Blade build.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I think I've finally got a really solid A-team that's not Blyn dependent.
    OKfMRw9.jpg

I haven't decided what to do with Ryoma yet. I've got another one with better IVs at level 1, but I want to eat up some of that SP first. Problem is, I don't have any of the skills he really benefits from. I've got a 3* Lon'qu which could be used for Vantage 3 if promoted, but I'm still kinda wanting to hold onto that in case I get a Hector randomly. I've got a bunch of 4* Subakis for Quick Riposte, but I'm not sure it's worth 20k feathers. I may end up giving him a hodgepodge of readily available spurs/stat+/threatens until a better option presents itself.

Ryoma's got unit support with Nephenee thanks to the last TT, and Olivia's got unit support with BLyn which I'm not sure I want to break up until this team proves itself a bit more, but it's been amazingly adept so far.

Delzhand on
    edited October 2017
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I've got a bunch of 4* Subakis for Quick Riposte, but I'm not sure it's worth 20k feathers.

Quick Riposte is one of those skills where often it's not worth taking it to 3 because the increments are only 10% as opposed to 25% for Vantage/Desperation. For your Ryoma, QR3 is only an improvement for first attacks dealing 9 to 12 damage (or, less likely, multiple combats that total 9 to 12 damage). More than 12 and it's still inactive afterward, less than 9 and QR2 would work just as well.

At 38 speed, quick riposte isn't as valuable since he'll double a lot of people anyway, though with -ATK he might like the help. It'll still give him doubles over the speedsters/honed, but it's not as big a return as it is on, say, Ike. But if you're drowning in Subakis and don't plan to vantage him anytime soon, why not.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    OKfMRw9.jpg

I haven't decided what to do with Ryoma yet. I've got another one with better IVs at level 1, but I want to eat up some of that SP first. Problem is, I don't have any of the skills he really benefits from. I've got a 3* Lon'qu which could be used for Vantage 3 if promoted, but I'm still kinda wanting to hold onto that in case I get a Hector randomly. I've got a bunch of 4* Subakis for Quick Riposte, but I'm not sure it's worth 20k feathers. I may end up giving him a hodgepodge of readily available spurs/stat+/threatens until a better option presents itself.

Ryoma's got unit support with Nephenee thanks to the last TT, and Olivia's got unit support with BLyn which I'm not sure I want to break up until this team proves itself a bit more, but it's been amazingly adept so far.

Promote the Lon’qu and feed to Ryoma. You’ll get another one before you get a Hector.

No point in waiting on skill inheritance!

Quick Riposte 2 is just fine vs. 3. No need to upgrade. But Ryoma wants Fury 3 from Hinata and Vantage, not QR. Melee units like him are going to take dmg, so Vantage is far superior. Do you have a Corrin or Camilla for Draconic Aura? Then all you need is Reposition from Selena or Barst and you are good to go.

With that HM, youre clearly using him a lot. Make him good!!! He doesnt even have Hone Speed 3 for instance.

By the way and this is too late now...for Olivia youre better off giving a Ruby Sword vs Triangle Adept. A lot cheaper! Just a note to anyone else thinking of what to do with her. Frees up her A slot for Fury as well, or whatever. Mine just has Fury 2 hehe.

General notes on your team (great units btw...just trying to think of how to improve team synergy). You lack magic dmg, which could get you into trouble against some tanky units. Also, you dont have anyone with magic bulk to bait someone out; if you dont kill a mage before they attack, you may be in trouble with all your low Res guys. And Cordelia with Goad Fliers is only benefitting Cherche...not terrible but you might want to give her a universal C skill when not exclusively using flyer emblem. If its doing the trick for you though, great.

In general...you eventually will get beyond th mindset of having a team and youll have multiple teams for different occasions. The idea is to build a swiss army knife of units, busting out the right tool for the job when you need it.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

But if you're not going all the way to TA3, you can just give her the silver sword she comes with much more cheaply (inherit wise, instead of skillwise). Though if you're going to to for ruby sword+, Palla is an excellent feed, since you can waste a random other unit to give her ruby sword+ and wings of mercy 3 at the same time

steam_sig.png
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Ok, so I'm starting to make a 4* merged Nino. I'm still waiting for one with ideal IV's, but I have a Nino with +Attack, so I'm using her as the prime unit for now.

Is there any point to leveling the other Nino instances, or can I just straight away merge them into Nino prime? I suppose that I'll need to set aside one to 5* and then merge down to inherit her Gronblade+ weapon.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Well, the merged copies only give 80 SP, regardless of how much they have, so if you want to level the mini Ninos and inherit the skills onto them, Nino Prime can get the skills without spending SP. You probably don't need that much SP, but if you have the skill fodder on hand, you may as well.

Smoogy wrote: »
    OKfMRw9.jpg

Promote the Lon’qu and feed to Ryoma. You’ll get another one before you get a Hector.

No point in waiting on skill inheritance!

Quick Riposte 2 is just fine vs. 3. No need to upgrade. But Ryoma wants Fury 3 from Hinata and Vantage, not QR. Melee units like him are going to take dmg, so Vantage is far superior. Do you have a Corrin or Camilla for Draconic Aura? Then all you need is Reposition from Selena or Barst and you are good to go.

With that HM, youre clearly using him a lot. Make him good!!! He doesnt even have Hone Speed 3 for instance.

By the way and this is too late now...for Olivia youre better off giving a Ruby Sword vs Triangle Adept. A lot cheaper! Just a note to anyone else thinking of what to do with her. Frees up her A slot for Fury as well, or whatever. Mine just has Fury 2 hehe.

General notes on your team (great units btw...just trying to think of how to improve team synergy). You lack magic dmg, which could get you into trouble against some tanky units. Also, you dont have anyone with magic bulk to bait someone out; if you dont kill a mage before they attack, you may be in trouble with all your low Res guys. And Cordelia with Goad Fliers is only benefitting Cherche...not terrible but you might want to give her a universal C skill when not exclusively using flyer emblem. If its doing the trick for you though, great.

In general...you eventually will get beyond th mindset of having a team and youll have multiple teams for different occasions. The idea is to build a swiss army knife of units, busting out the right tool for the job when you need it.

Mainly, I took Ryoma because he's my undisputed best red unit. Honestly, in testing the team out, he tends to sit at the back while Cordelia and Cherche get danced/repositioned around, since Cherche has more than enough power to chew through most greens. It might make sense to replace him with a red mage. I've got 4*/40 Arvis, 4*/40+2 Lilina, a 4* +SPD/-DEF Tharja.

Arvis has pretty good RES, most other red tomes seem to be built as glass cannons. He does seem like the logical choice, especially at 5*. And since he's the only TT unit I've got, maybe it makes sense to slot him in.

edited October 2017
    Again it just depends on what you’re doing and what you need. There’s not really a main team youll have later on in the game. Like...when I max Hero Merit ppl I stop using them a lot even of they are really good...because it wastes potential feathers. But that’s a FE:H first-world problem, hehe.

Ultimately if your guys are getting you past the content you want them to, then keep it up. But always note more options is always better, especially for Arena, Chain Challenges, etc. And Ryoma is good enough to deck out fully. He’s arguably the best red unit in the game.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

Finally pulled an Ayra with the last few orb quests for October. I had to swap out Ryoma for Inigo to clear the lunatic PA paralogue quests with no deaths, which gave me enough orbs for 2 pulls, which netted me a -ATK +DEF Ayra. Not optimal, but she's certainly enough of a powerhouse that it shouldn't matter too much.

And this TT with the stat boost she will do work.

Smoogy-1689

I'm just glad I got her while the heroes maps are still up, because her base kit is super expensive, almost 1300 SP, plus whatever SP I can stockpile while I decide how to build her.

I just realized that I can get nintendo rewards points, and in turn an extra stamina potion, every week by logging in to Nintenod's website, visiting the miiiverse, and connecting to the Nintendo E-shop on a 3DS or WiiU (but not switch?)

3DS Friend Code:
    ji6R0OJ.png

edited October 2017
    I know that we won't get an official apology about the Ayra debacle and instead at best can hope that they avoid repeating the scenario in the future, but what if they apologized by extending warriors?

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Why would they apologize? They didn't break any official word or anything. Only the hardcore community that datamines and predicts based on that are up in arms, the rest of the userbase doesn't give a shit.

If the most passionate fans find that new banners with hot-shit new units can drop unannounced at any time, why would they pull on any new banners? If IS doesn't say anything about the situation, I suspect they'll face a strong dropoff in pulls the next time a new banner hits.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Summonable units added to the game: 73
    Summonable units added to the game without a trailer: 1 (Ayra)

I don't mind if y'all ain't paying that much attention to the game, god knows it's a colossal waste of time. But please stop acting like it was only due to datamining. She's literally right there in the catalogue with lines talking to Loki, she didn't sneak in. She should have been on the first banner, is all.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    edited October 2017
    Opty wrote: »
    Why would they apologize? They didn't break any official word or anything. Only the hardcore community that datamines and predicts based on that are up in arms, the rest of the userbase doesn't give a shit.

Because a LOT of customers were upset by the event and the customer is always right, even if customer is wrong. Public relations 101.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular

Because a LOT of customers were upset by the event and the customer is always right, even if customer is wrong. Public relations 101.

If by a lot, you mean "the most vocal 1%" then yeah. Cow-towing to vocal screamers is shitty policy.

Which MRobin should I work on? I have neutral, +ATK/-DEF, and +DEF/-HP.
    If by a lot, you mean "the most vocal 1%" then yeah. Cow-towing to vocal screamers is shitty policy.

They'll "cow-tow" to whatever affects their revenue.

I suspect power creep is pretty profitable.

s7Imn5J.png
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Summonable units added to the game: 73
    Summonable units added to the game without a trailer: 1 (Ayra)

I don't mind if y'all ain't paying that much attention to the game, god knows it's a colossal waste of time. But please stop acting like it was only due to datamining. She's literally right there in the catalogue with lines talking to Loki, she didn't sneak in. She should have been on the first banner, is all.

But look at what you're suggesting, that it would have been better to have a lower probability of getting her? If she was on the first banner, you only have a 0.75% base chance, while on this banner, you have a 1% chance.

I think its just communication that is the key. I'm not personally that affected by this, but I feel that just announcing the release schedule (which is what I think your argument is. If I'm incorrect, I apologize. I don't want to be seen as putting words into your mouth.) would have silenced critics.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

A very sizable percentage of those vocal players are the ones who are paying the bills, so that makes them more equal than the ones playing casually or throwing chump change at the game. The players who arguably take the game too seriously. The ones devouring every facet of information about anything new in the game. The ones who noticed the trend of summonable characters being introduced 100% of the time while un-introduced characters show up as event rewards, and planned their orb budget accordingly around that information.

It really doesn't matter one bit whether or not the devs did anything wrong. It doesn't matter if it was a cash grab, an intended surprise, or an honest mistake. What matters is that a lot of players were upset by the event and it created a lot of bad PR. I don't expect that we'll get an apology. Doubly so since it's a Japanese dev and they have a culture of being extremely reluctant to admit to mistakes even in situations where they are obviously at fault. However I don't expect a repeat of this. I expect that internally the devs will be DAMN sure that new summonable characters get announcements before being pushed out to the players.

3DS Friend Code:
    Does anyone know if anyone has written a utility for sorting your disposable units to determine which skills that are available for inheritance from within your current pool of heroes?

3DS Friend Code:
    Does anyone know if anyone has written a utility for sorting your disposable units to determine which skills that are available for inheritance from within your current pool of heroes?

You mean the search by skill button?

Japanese gacha laws are kinda draconian wrt making promises. Iirc PAD legally obligated to do a whole second series of evolutions for a series because a press release accidentally stated that they were adding a regular evolution instead of ultimate. @Madican do you remember that?

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2017
    Polaritie wrote: »

You mean the search by skill button?

No I mean something where you input a list of all of your heroes, and then peruse a list of weapons or skills with the thought of "Oh, who do I own that I can use as inheritance fodder for Axebreaker 3?" and then it would give you a list of all of the units that you own that can presently be used to inherit axebreaker 3 or alternatively can be promoted to become able to pass down axebreaker 3.

Also, after some digging, I see that someone has made exactly that.

Fire Emblem Heroes Keeper.

https://www.fehkeeper.com/

I've just now finished entering a list of all of my heroes. Spoilered is a picture depicting the first few entries when sorting by "A Slot" skills. For example, with Armored blow 1, I can pass that skill down by using my two Athena's, my Titania's, or my several 3* and above gunter's. The background of my 1* and 2* gunters is white to denote that they're capable of passing down armored blow after a promotion to a higher rarity level. With armored blow 3, I need a 5* gunter to pass the skill down, and feather icons are added to the white background to denote the severity of the feather investment. My titania's are still listed as green because they are 4*'s and she's capable of passing down that skill while at the 4* rarity.

rrbflr6uab1z.jpg

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I'm still confused. Doesn't the sort by skill button already give you all the units that either can learn the skill at a higher rarity, or can learn it now (grey or blue check marks?). Unless you're looking to have it be more user friendly/on your PC?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I use FEHKeeper! It's pretty useful but it's up to you to input all your Heroes and keep them up to date.

edited October 2017
    In my opinion the type of interface being presented by FEH keeper is superior. Most critically is that at a glance it shows me what my options are for all magnitudes of a given skill.

For example, let's assume that I don't have any Titania's and only have a single Gunter but still have spare Athenas. In this example I want to pass down Armored blow 3, but I'd also like to pass down Silver Axe+ if possible. If I use the skill search button in the app for armored blow 3, it's only going to display my sole Gunter. At a glance I'm shit out of luck for passing both armored blow 3 and Silver Axe+ down since I only have one Gunter and I'd need to burn all 3 inheritance slots on each magnitude of Armored blow. I'd need to perform separate checks to see if I have any candidates that can pass down armored blow 1 or 2 to make room for an inheritance slot for Silver Axe+ on the 5* Gunter.

With FEHKeeper's table, all of the candidates for all magnitudes of the skill are viewable at once. I don't need to perform multiple queries to see the full picture.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    edited October 2017

No...it’s good business for gacha game developers. Not sure why you’re being openly inflammatory when you know many of the people here were upset by how this all played out. And if you’re gonna try to use big words, maybe check a dictionary first.

I’m hoping they address it in some way. Not necessarily giving out apology in-game stuff, but acknowledging they rolled things out poorly would be a start. Maintaining the trust of their paying players is massive for their bottom line, and this sort of thing could lead to less vibrant in-app spending. Especially if similar things happened again. When some Japanese whales are spending thousands upon thousands based on the rules the game has played by up until then, but then those rules are changed, well...$$$ can dry up fast. Just like the stock market: no one likes uncertainty.

But hey I got my Ayra. Just not my Sigurd...yet!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689