As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Happy 1st Anniversary!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I'll also accept a joke hero. Smash bros Robin. A dagger unit where you throw the book at them.

The attack animation will be Robin quickly flipping the book open and through its pages as magical effects go off, then just tossing the book at the enemy.

I was actually just thinking of a crazy way they could emulate Smash Robin, not that they'd ever do this in a million years. But start him out with a tome, let's say a blue tome. But the catch is it has a limited number of uses, after which he automatically swaps to Levin Sword which is a *different color*. Imagine sending Juila up to kill him, but maybe he has Vantage, doubles her, and the second hit suddenly becomes red and destroys her. Haha

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I think it could be cool to have staff uses that were not healers but more offensive

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    I think it could be cool to have staff uses that were not healers but more offensive

I like the idea but sadly staff users can't use any real specials.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options

That's basically what Wrathful Staff does. The weapon refinery actually made staff users pretty amazing in combat.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

That's basically what Wrathful Staff does. The weapon refinery actually made staff users pretty amazing in combat.

Truth, my Absorb+ Lacheis does WORK, y'all.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Make it a brave weapon, one magic hit and then one physical hit for the book :D

I love it.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I wish I could build a battle-staff person, but I don't really have a good character/IV for it, and the builds are too expensive to half-ass. Maybe someday I'll pull gray on a legendary banner and get something decent.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

I like the idea but sadly staff users can't use any real specials.

Right well maybe adding specials that are decent for that or skills that can be used on allies for healing or enemies for damage /debuff.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I wish I could build a battle-staff person, but I don't really have a good character/IV for it, and the builds are too expensive to half-ass. Maybe someday I'll pull gray on a legendary banner and get something decent.

A very cheap thing you can do - give one the dazzling staff refine, especially with a Pain+ staff. Then give them the Savage Blow 3 C skill (you can get that off 4* Camilla if you pull one) and maybe even the savage blow seal. Watch them absolutely murder units with chip damage (Pain+ plus SB3 plus SB3 seal = 24 damage to all units including and surrounding the unit you attack, plus whatever extra small damage the staff itself does to the one you attack. That's at least half a life bar on even the tankiest units and ignores resistance). And Dazzling Staff means you don't take any retaliation damage.

Of course, chip damage will only bring them down to 1 hp, but still. The splash damage is insane with this.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular

A very cheap thing you can do - give one the dazzling staff refine, especially with a Pain+ staff. Then give them the Savage Blow 3 C skill (you can get that off 4* Camilla if you pull one) and maybe even the savage blow seal. Watch them absolutely murder units with chip damage (Pain+ plus SB3 plus SB3 seal = 24 damage to all units including and surrounding the unit you attack, plus whatever extra small damage the staff itself does to the one you attack. That's at least half a life bar on even the tankiest units and ignores resistance). And Dazzling Staff means you don't take any retaliation damage.

Of course, chip damage will only bring them down to 1 hp, but still. The splash damage is insane with this.

I wanted to do this, but I'm unwilling to 5 star an Azama. And THEN refine the staff...

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »

I wanted to do this, but I'm unwilling to 5 star an Azama. And THEN refine the staff...

Haha. Lucius comes with Pain+ as well. I randomly pulled him as a 5* on one of my summons so I've been trying to build him this way (he's still hurting for SP - so hard to farm it on staff units since there isn't even a staff valor skill...)

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular

I've considered this, since +SPD Clarine is my best candidate and her ATK is crap, but it's soooooo expensive. 20k feathers for Pain+, 20k feathers for Savage Blow (because I only have Narcian). Azama and Clarine both share the Martyr line so I don't need to spend a third 20k on a heal, at least, but all my Clarines are 3* so I'd probably end up spending 6k-10k on 4* promotions for merges. And it wouldn't really quell the urge to do a Wrathful build on somebody else later on, which would be just as expensive.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options

I've considered this, since +SPD Clarine is my best candidate and her ATK is crap, but it's soooooo expensive. 20k feathers for Pain+, 20k feathers for Savage Blow (because I only have Narcian). Azama and Clarine both share the Martyr line so I don't need to spend a third 20k on a heal, at least, but all my Clarines are 3* so I'd probably end up spending 6k-10k on 4* promotions for merges. And it wouldn't really quell the urge to do a Wrathful build on somebody else later on, which would be just as expensive.

Don't waste promoting Narcian. 4* Camilla is so common you are bound to pull her eventually when trying for something else green. But yeah, there is some expense. But at least it's largely IV independent

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Man, I'd pay orbs for an IV neutralizer. I've been sitting on 4* -ATK Reinhardt and Nino for fucking ages.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Man, I'd pay orbs for an IV neutralizer. I've been sitting on 4* -ATK Reinhardt and Nino for fucking ages.

Yeah, I'd like to fix all my -ATKs. I'd settle for a neutralizer if that was the only way to do so without merging.

Surprised you can't find a good Nino though. Did you dump the free one? I'm still trying to pull a good Reinhardt - I think mine right now is like +HP/-SPD which is *ok*... but I can't seem to pull any +ATK ones :/ I've also been trying forever to get a perfect IV Sophia to promote for a Raurraven tome user. I pull her so much but god forbid I get a -SPD IV :/ (and she's so common it feels like a waste to promote anything else but perfect IVs)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    What's Nino's boon? Really all that she wants in is a speed boon. Atk doesn't matter as much with Nino since blade tomes are kinda op and tend to get dozens of bonus points of damage stapled on. An attack bane is certainly annoying, but a +SPD/-ATK Nino is imo probably still superior to any Nino with any other type of boon.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Nino is probably one of the least IV dependent units around, tbh. Lots of random IV sets on her are very close in matchup outputs when ran through the simulators. My unmerged 5* Nino is just +HP/-Res and still carries my arena team to bounce between tier 18 and 19 just fine, for instance. Fury, Desperation, +3 Speed seal does wonders for her.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    From Reddit:
    5p02b2j7v8k5.png
    What's this about bonus orbs?

Also, I guess this is why I do that google survey thing. Does using that survey credit disqualify me from being FTP?

Edit: it's already available. I just used the survey credit to buy it and it gives 6 orbs immediately, 6 in the mail for some reason. Maybe for people that play on more than one platform?

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Does this disqualify BK as a F2P unit? Is he now the most pay to play unit?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I'm here to report that QR seal/ wary fighter Hector is as good as advertised.

Holy Crap

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Does this disqualify BK as a F2P unit? Is he now the most pay to play unit?

You can pay $4 to get him for free with some half-price orbs, while the average 5* focus hero costs around $60. Seems like the least pay-to-play to me.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    To randomly snap back to this morning's conversation, I kinda hope Nino wins CYL 2.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I wonder if they might only include characters who aren't in the game yet.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Where do we vote for these choose your legends characters? I don't see the site address on the bulletin board and a cursory search is just returning other people asking where the site is?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Somehow I totally missed there were new arena quests offered today. So I pounded them all out at once :) Like 30 coins, quite a few orbs, not bad. Plus I managed to top my previous arena score (still not deathless.. grr...) which should be a guaranteed move to tier 20 (I think I was going to anyways but it was starting to get scary.. was something like rank 7700 out of 11000 or so.. now I'm in the 2000s).

Forced me to do some arena assault too, but a good excuse to just do the item farm one hero team cheese a few times :P

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Well I decided to go ahead and try to get ATK/RES bond for my Sanaki. 114 orbs later and I've got a lot of Virions. :(

At least my pity rate is still intact. I'm in this until the pity rate breaks. I'm saving back up to 20 orbs first though, lest I get 5 on-color orbs.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Vote Caineghis! King Lion needs to be in the game. I wouldn't forgive them if a laguz won and they turned them into an axe user or something...

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Ugg, I just realized ages ago I inherited Steady Breath on my Black Knight and stupidly never actually learned the skill -_- Well, fixed now. Just in time for the February quests I suppose :P

I also went ahead and built my OP Wary Fighter QR3 Seal Hector for funsies. And finally gave all my armors Swap which is way better than Pivot (always annoyed me when I'd want to swap but some of my armors still had Pivot)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    In a similar vein I got around to putting reposition on the rest of my flyers and it's kind of dumb.

Starting with a unit four spaces away in a straight line, reposition them closer, they attack and kill, move back from hit and run/drag back, dance the reposition unit, reposition the attacker again to pull them back, reposition dancer back to safety too if needed with the 4th unit. I can kill stuff so deep into threat areas without ending my turn with anyone threatened this way and it's nuts. Especially if I have any terrain to abuse since I have Airzura.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    In a similar vein I got around to putting reposition on the rest of my flyers and it's kind of dumb.

Starting with a unit four spaces away in a straight line, reposition them closer, they attack and kill, move back from hit and run/drag back, dance the reposition unit, reposition the attacker again to pull them back, reposition dancer back to safety too if needed with the 4th unit. I can kill stuff so deep into threat areas without ending my turn with anyone threatened this way and it's nuts. Especially if I have any terrain to abuse since I have Airzura.

Yeah reposition is nuts on fliers. It's basically OP

• Options

Have you tried it with horse emblem? You can kill an enemy 7 spaces away and reposition to safety.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Have you tried it with horse emblem? You can kill an enemy 7 spaces away and reposition to safety.

I'm... not seeing how you manage to pull everyone back any further in that case.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

I'm... not seeing how you manage to pull everyone back any further in that case.

You can't pull back any more than fliers, but with one reposition you can hit almost anything on the map (assuming there aren't obstacles in your way). Literally 3/4 of the map is in range.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    So as I pass off my old -ATK Hector with all the skills, which -SPD one should I merge him into? DEF, RES, or HP? The SPD probably doesn't matter with the universal breaker, and his special is Bonfire, so that's a point for DEF, though RES might help him survive some mage first strikes.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    I would like to thank this tempest trial for helping Alfonse earn over 4000 SP. The experience of grinding sp on Alfonse was bearable thanks to auto battle.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I would like to thank this tempest trial for helping Alfonse earn over 4000 SP. The experience of grinding sp on Alfonse was bearable thanks to auto battle.

Just did the same with NY Corrin. With Guard Bow+ and his normal skillset, he's basically an armor unit who moves 2 spaces. :razz:

Durinia on
    For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    So as I pass off my old -ATK Hector with all the skills, which -SPD one should I merge him into? DEF, RES, or HP? The SPD probably doesn't matter with the universal breaker, and his special is Bonfire, so that's a point for DEF, though RES might help him survive some mage first strikes.

I might hold off until after the next patch. I've seen a few people speculate whether universal breaker is the intended result of stacking two quick ripostes alongside wary fighter. If the behavior survives through a patch, then I'd probably proceed with building around that behavior.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I'd trade -SPD for -ATK even without the double riposte—it just happens that all three of my alternatives are -SPD, and he's had WF3 forever so I'm not investing anything in light of his new glory.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    "I'm just gonna do one yolo pull on the Hinoka banner for her." First blue, Hinoka. Ha. I am now up to +7 Hinoka. She is officially insane.