As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D Character Gif Hunt: Guitar wielding Heroes

EncEnc A Fool with CompassionPronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
edited October 2017 in Help / Advice Forum
It's time to start a new D&D game, and I'll be joining in as a player this time round. This 5th edition character will be a Eladrin Elf Bard, entertainer background, of the college of glamor. My spells are things like pyrotechnics, dancing lights, and charm spells. Pretty much everything to make me put on one hella boss rock and roll hero. As an added bonus, my GM is allowing me to treat my metal lute as a weapon (greatclub)!

As I play in Roll20, the next step is to find a bunch of awesome emote animated gifs that will help me show off my stuff. This is where i need help! I am looking for a list of media (anime, movies, shows, etc.) that I might find gifs of that have people using sonic attacks with their mouth or a guitar, physically ka-bonging with a guitar, and otherwise rocking out to great effect.

Things/ideas I already have:
  • El Kabong cartoon (hanna barbara)
  • Scott Pilgrim (of course)
  • FLCL

Help me find other things so that this bard can be truely radical!

Note: what the people look like doesn't matter in this, the emotes are used to represent what I am doing and for comedic effect. Any gender or medium is fine so long as it has them rocking out.

Enc on

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Search for Brutal Legend gifs. There are a number that should work for you. Metalocalypse as well.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Maybe also remember that "axe" is a slang term for guitar. Could be some good stuff there.

Oh also the flaming guitar from Mad Max Fury Road. You could use that when you cast Heat Metal.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Possibly look at cyberpunk, though it'll probably be electric guitars.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    It's not a "sonic" attack but Once Upon a Time in Mexico has several cool guitar attacks, including a guy shooting fire out of his guitar.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    +1 on the Brutal Legend art.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    These are fantastic, guys. Keep em coming!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I'm not sure about guitars as weapons, but the Bill and Ted movies or the old cartoon could probably be mined for material. As a child of the 80s and 90s, Wyld Stallyns are basically the platonic ideal of a bard winning hearts and minds with wicked guitar shredding.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I am a lazy man, but luckily many people love making lists. Maybe look around to what you can find here http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sound_Manipulation for yelling based attacks. The .gif attached to the page is already pretty good.

Other ideas: There may something you can get from The Pick of Destiny by Tenacious D (or https://giphy.com/gifs/win-rock-b09xElu8in7Lq which is from the Tribute video I think), and though I'm not sure much of it is animated, from Noise Marines from 40k

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    you can't go wrong with Val Hallen of the Justice Friends!

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    The music duel scene from "kung fu hustle" is one of my favourite fights in movies ever.

https://youtu.be/HQV2VQ_I68s