As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Neo-[Tech Thread] for the cyberpunk present where Net Neutrality has been murdered

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Any other ram specs or brands I should look for? Obviously I’m getting DDR4.

I’ve been using Corsair for almost ten years on a couple different builds - I’ve had consistently good results.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I've used G.Skill in the last two gaming PCs I've built, no issue with them. Even have good ol' Kingston Value RAM in my servers (one HP microserver, one an old desktop that's (ab)used as an ESX server) with no issues.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    NZXT and Corsair are good anything.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I'm not a fan of Corsair cases, but that's aesthetics

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Okay fine. I've officially started a new PC build. The Define R6 case was 20% off on newegg.

I recommend the i5 8400 though I understand a 8500 is already out as well

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Plus, sometimes when you order Corsair parts they come in a sweet little drawstring bag. It's like a Crown Royal bag, but it's black and has a picture of a ship's sails on it.

I use mine to hold all my spare change.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    A good way to check the value of your idea is to post to the reddits for building PC's. It was rude and haughty, but man those nerds loved finding me deals just to say I was "wrong". Worked great.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Our PC build thread here is great too. Those guys built my last three PCs, and one of them went through my BIOS with me line by line over Skype when there was a problem.

• Options
    Karl wrote: »
    Okay fine. I've officially started a new PC build. The Define R6 case was 20% off on newegg.

There's also 8600 and 8600K - each one is faster than the last, though also more $$.

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    A good way to check the value of your idea is to post to the reddits for building PC's. It was rude and haughty, but man those nerds loved finding me deals just to say I was "wrong". Worked great.

Like how the best way to figure out a problem with Linux is to post on stack exchange saying that "windows is better because you can just do X"

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Our PC build thread here is great too. Those guys built my last three PCs, and one of them went through my BIOS with me line by line over Skype when there was a problem.

I posted my PC part picker list on that thread to see if anyone can point out any glaring flaws.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Like how the best way to figure out a problem with Linux is to post on stack exchange saying that "windows is better because you can just do X"

I did something similar on the Ubuntu forums. It was hilarious and also incredibly helpful.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »

There's also 8600 and 8600K - each one is faster than the last, though also more $$.

Ah the non overclocked 8600 didn't exist when I built my PC.

My I5 8400 kicks ass and got really good reviews so I'm very happy with it

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    If that even works close to the claim then dear God is that wasting some energy. Let's make sure to be as inefficient and possible when charging our devices. I'd also be curious how well their wafer thin mint adapter dissipates heat.

• Options
    Did you know that Acer gives away a free comic book if you buy their high end Predator peripherals?

And the comic book is about en elite team of superhuman GAMERS called the PREDATOR LEAGUE?

9a8d096f-6ad5-46c3-a28d-1573f11a25af.png

13d995f8-adca-4a2a-9484-bbe2f078e031.png

645291ab-2e2c-4b5b-8282-ccf68b1df1a4.png

d588f6c9-a953-4201-af70-2558abb781f2.png

6b578aa3-1a5b-4fcc-ac76-7116db669c75.png

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/05/29/acer-predator-story-lore/

• Options
    This looks fucking amazing I must have it

• Options
    If my skills as a darkweb ninja earned me an invite to the "predator league" I would have some real "how sold are we on that name" type conversations

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Clicking through that link and poking around on RPS, I found this case:
    04.png
    It doesn't just look like a Rubik's Magic:
    220px-Rubiksmagic.jpg
    It apparently can cool things down a lot:
    Superior Cooling
    PANZER EVO RGB allows you to create impressive cooling solutions: Up to eight fans and four water cooling radiators

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    just in case you have a rig you want to double as a toaster oven by turning the fans off

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    That case is communicating less "dangerous darkweb superhacker" and more "gay pride".

Which is really nice!

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    If that even works close to the claim then dear God is that wasting some energy. Let's make sure to be as inefficient and possible when charging our devices. I'd also be curious how well their wafer thin mint adapter dissipates heat.

do not even talk to me for one second about how inefficient my magic charge ball is, that shit is magic

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    That case is communicating less "dangerous darkweb superhacker" and more "gay pride".

Which is really nice!

How do you know all the dangerous darkweb superhackers aren't gay?

• Options
    That one guy does work out a lot...

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think I want to become the kind of person who uses the phrase "mortal body"

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Lol, look at this skinjob over here...

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I prefer the phrase, "my flesh prison"

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

that sounds like a name change request to me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've started ordering PC parts. I am excited!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I'm running a now 7 year old Mobo and CPU OCd and have only upgraded the case (better airflow and purely aesthetic) the GPU and hard drive to an ssd

• Options
    Okay fine. I'm going to get this dumb light up ram.

• Options
    If my skills as a darkweb ninja earned me an invite to the "predator league" I would have some real "how sold are we on that name" type conversations

.. Especially given the last two panels.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

If you get all corsair stuff it has a single software control center so you can sync up all your fancy lights.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »

If you get all corsair stuff it has a single software control center so you can sync up all your fancy lights.

I’m not that fancy. I’ll just wing it.

• Options
    All PC Parts ordered!

Now to wait.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    All PC Parts ordered!

Now to wait.

Oooh, now comes the fun part!

All the stuff you ordered will now be discounted an extra 5%-15% over the next couple of weeks.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SMH.com indeed

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    amazon really knows how to throw a shit-fit

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Amazon doesn't want to collect and/or pay taxes? This is brand new information!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
This discussion has been closed.