As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Super Bowl, PHI vs NE, Now On NBC.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    So, the team I root for is garbage, but at least they aren't the growing dumpster fire that is the Giants.

Giants Twitter: Coach McAdoo: DRC came in today and decided to leave. We will suspend him.
    Mike Garafolo: Giants demoted CB Eli Apple for DRC Sunday. Apple wasn't happy and basically said he was a scapegoat. Now DRC leaves the building today.
    Mike Garafolo: Landon Collins said it was something between DRC and McAdoo that he believes stemmed from Sunday. He even called it an "altercation."

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I think they hate McAdoo.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    I dunno. I think it's McAdoo about nothing.

Recycled jokes are the best jokes, right?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wells it out of character for DRC to just blow up suddenly.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    https://deadspin.com/woman-who-released-video-of-dolphins-coach-snorting-lin-1819367221

The woman who was on the recieving end of the cocaine snorting video outed the coach because of equality. This is amazing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    I dunno. I think it's McAdoo about nothing.

Recycled jokes are the best jokes, right?

Dollar in the jar!

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://deadspin.com/woman-who-released-video-of-dolphins-coach-snorting-lin-1819367221

The woman who was on the recieving end of the cocaine snorting video outed the coach because of equality. This is amazing.

This is the worst justification hahahaha I'm not crying any tears for the coach but man. It's incoherent

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

This is the worst justification hahahaha I'm not crying any tears for the coach but man. It's incoherent

I dunno. This seems pretty much on point to me.
    “How do we have someone who is paid millions to be a leader for a team doing blow when we can’t have blacks kneeling for the anthem. After I realized his habits and who he was and everything going on the system, he was going to get exposed.”

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

“How do we have someone who is paid millions to be a leader for a team doing blow when we can’t have blacks kneeling for the anthem. After I realized his habits and who he was and everything going on the system, he was going to get exposed.”

She admitted previously that she released the video because he stopped paying her. She's a hooker who admits she was planning on blackmailing him anyway well before the kneeling thing. I mean sure OL coach gets his comeuppance but she wasn't doing this to expose inequities in the system. Invoking racial injustice doesn't mean she's not a garbage person too

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

She admitted previously that she released the video because he stopped paying her. She's a hooker who admits she was planning on blackmailing him anyway well before the kneeling thing. I mean sure OL coach gets his comeuppance but she wasn't doing this to expose inequities in the system. Invoking racial injustice doesn't mean she's not a garbage person too

I'm just going by what she was quoted as saying in the article. If there's something else out there where she states that she was blackmailing him, please share it.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

People can have multiple reasons for doing what they do. Even if she says she was originally going to blackmail him, in the end that isn't what she did. She ended up going with "fuck the blackmail. This is for equality."

In the end, she did this for the right reasons and for equality. Don't shame her because of the lifestyle she lives and downplay her actions.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

People can have multiple reasons for doing what they do. Even if she says she was originally going to blackmail him, in the end that isn't what she did. She ended up going with "fuck the blackmail. This is for equality."

In the end, she did this for the right reasons and for equality. Don't shame her because of the lifestyle she lives and downplay her actions.

Its not the right reasons though. What double standard did she shine light on? The fact that if your employers dont know about your drug use, they won't fire you?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20990443/dallas-cowboys-coaches-players-hold-meeting-national-anthem-comments-jerry-jones

What a load of bullshit.

FRISCO, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, in a meeting Wednesday with players and coaches, said his stance on the national anthem protests was rooted in a desire to play the bad guy and deflect attention from the players, according to a source.

In the meeting, Jones sought to ensure players also saw the bigger picture regarding the business side of the situation, including concerns over TV ratings and sponsors, the source said.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Sorry, Jerry, but the role of racist, rich old white dude in a position of power who thinks he's playing the tough guy has already been filled.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    Yes. Because the players need to be concerned about the ratings. And the owner's profit margins.

Oh, and Jerrah? Demanding that they stand for the anthem or you'll suspend them kind of doesn't deflect attention from anybody. It rather topspins the ball right back at them.

edited October 2017
    "Rich white man would prefer his indentured servants abide by things that make him the most money."

Honestly this moment is on everyone who isn't a racist scumbag, if you keep watching the NFL and providing monetary support then you prove them correct. Racists and white supremacists care more about having their opinions felt than everyone else.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Jemele Hill was absolutely right. Shame ESPN didn't have the balls to back her up.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    ESPN has no more balls. They traded them in favour of debate shows and wrestling highlights.

Broadcast Maps.
    Will you be graced with Romo this week?
    Click the link for one weird trick to find out!

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Maybe someone can help me understand the broadcast rules, CBS isn't showing an early game due to "NO GAME due to local team at home on FOX". What does that even mean? In Michigan we always seemed to have a game on CBS and FOX even if the Lions were on Fox. Here in DC it seems we don't get a CBS game if Washington is playing at home?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I don't know exactly, but it's something like:

The two networks alternate double header weekends. If your local team is on the network without the double header and at home, they knock out the game at the same time on the double header network to discourage you from staying home and watching both games because they want you to pay all of the moneys to go to the game. This will only happen about 4 times a year, which is why it usually feels like there are games opposite the local team games.

It's dumb and silly but it's something like that.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    NFL blackout rules exist only as a deal with Mephisto.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    I checked the Packers/Vikings game, and saw Thom Brennaman, and thought "Yay! Not the Aikman game!". And then... awwww dagnabit.

I guess Joebuck is off covering baseball?

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Please tell me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain that O-Line coaches aren't making $1M+. Just like the league median for players is on the order of $400k (fairly arbitrary number on my part) but, you know, they're ALL millionaires.....

Also, in case it isn't clear yet, ESPN is the sports incarnation that Disney will do everything in its power to avoid any and all conflict or controversy. There are way too many "OMG DISTRACT MY KIDS PLEASE!" dollars to be had.

Not necessarily. Disney is mostly looking for homogeny. And if that ends up family friendly then so be it.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Sorry, Jerry, but the role of racist, rich old white dude in a position of power who thinks he's playing the tough guy has already been filled.

Naw there's always openings in that spot

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    heehee, Roger Goodell's wife was all "DONT YOU BE MEAN TO MY HUSBAND" on Twitter, with an anonymous account, per the WSJ.
    When National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell is under attack, as he so often is these days, @forargument is there to fight back.

Wait, who?

The Twitter account, under the name “Jones smith,” has no followers, no profile picture and has been virtually dormant for long periods since its creation in 2014.

But @forargument has roared to life in the past few months, rising up to vigorously defend Mr. Goodell against perceived attacks on his handling of issues such as the national anthem protests by players.

The most frequent sparring partner for @forargument is the nation’s sports media. On Sept. 26, @ProFootballTalk, the Twitter account for the popular NBC Sports blog, tweeted that it was “on the commissioner” to solve the anthem issues.

In response, @forargument tweeted: “Please do better reporting. He is already doing this. You are behind.”

Who is this valiant defender of a man who has so few defenders?

It is Roger Goodell’s wife, Jane Skinner Goodell, The Wall Street Journal confirmed after an examination of the account.

:rotate:

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    feelin good about this one

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Sockpuppetry will save us!

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    pick up darren mcfadden not Alfred Morris

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    Which means that Elliot is now suspended pending the result of a temporary restraining order.

I just saw a commercial for "the cromarties"

My goodness

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Broadcast Maps.

I like Romo.

Am I in the minority?

SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Broadcast Maps.

I like Romo.

Am I in the minority?

We're usually sarcastic about announcers but in this case we're not.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Broadcast Maps.

I like Romo.

Am I in the minority?

He's the color commentary guy every other color commentary guy has wet dreams about being.

Veevee on
    Broadcast Maps.

I like Romo.

Am I in the minority?

He's the color commentary guy every other color commentary guy has wet dreams about being.

Except Chris Spielman, who is fantastic.

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    I just saw a commercial for "the cromarties"

My goodness

Holy Shit, it's going to be literally

K I D C E P T I O N

Bout eight layers worth of kids.

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Broadcast Maps.

I like Romo.

Am I in the minority?

He's such a doof, and yeah, sometimes he won't shut up, but he's super informative. I truly enjoy listening to him.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Broadcast Maps.

I like Romo.

Am I in the minority?

Yeah Romo makes every game better.

edit: Romo sounding genuinely surprised that he's covering the Pittsburgh KC game.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.