As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars]: The Last Jedi - A completely uncontroversial film. TAG SPOILERS

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Man Star Wars is one of the few franchises where I’m sure even if the movie isn’t the greatest I know I will have a blast.

That Han Solo origin film is really going to test out this claim.

Sir I went to all the prequels in theaters and still managed to have fun , challenge accepted. That said the only parts of the prequels I remeber are scenes from revenge of the sith, the first two have mostly faded from memory other then Darth maul and duel of the fates .

The Obi-Wan/Jango fight on the waterworld was pretty cool.

Christopher Lee tried really hard.

It's a testament to the problems the prequels had when someone who made their name working on stuff for Hammer Films or with movies like The Wicker Man struggled to make the material sound good.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I find this Star Wars kind of strange since, I haven't seen the trailer that came out in September or whenever, it doesn't actually feel like it is coming out any time soon.

We do have tickets to see it opening night of course, but I don't know, I feel going in blind has robbed some of the build up for me.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuck I'm excited for this.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hype levels rising

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Are these random internet people? Reviewers?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Reviewers. Jeremy Conrad is freelance as far as I can tell. Conner Schwerdtfeger writes for CinemaBlend. Terri Schwartz writes for IGN. Anthony Breznican writes for Entertainment Weekly.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    And now i'm out till I see the movie
    See you next year

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Shit I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to get tickets, and I missed out on my friends' group seeing it. Gotta figure out if I wanna squeeze into a terrible seat Thursday or try avoiding spoilers all weekend.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Guess it's time to back out of this and all other Star Wars threads.
    At least until Thursday.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Wow, I can't believe they decided to bring back Jar Jar!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The Last Jedi will deconstruct your mind and reassemble it into a 4th dimensional configuration

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Marketing is having fun...

Seen two teasers today, both say, “Don’t let anyone spoil this”

Followed by bits that have been seen in previous trailers and that most agree have been edited to fake us out

First:
    Luke on the ground, cut to Rey raising up her lghtsaber

Second
    Rey, cut to a hand being offered, cut to Kylo

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Merry Christmas! And other holidays!

PK4r0BD.jpg

https://manwiththemachinegun.imgur.com/

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay time to bail. See everyone on the other side.

I love you all!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I just partook in a game of Star Wars trivia at one of the bars in town

We came in second but the first place team was, I shit you not, a garrison of the 501st Legion so that wasn’t gonna happen

But we all entered a prize draw at the start and at the end of the game my friend got his name drawn and long story short I’m going to a private screening of TLJ on the 18th

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Just had a thought about Poe's X-wing. The black and orange one is his custom special one, since his call sign is Black Leader - but the one he loses in the intro is a regular grey and blue one. The black and orange is a replacement. So did he get the unique one later on short notice, or did he always have it and chose to take a boring one in the intro for some reason?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    The latter. He has the black one in pre-TFA comics.

I haven’t read far enough to find out why he goes with the vanilla X-wing to Jakku though

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    he flew a standard t-70 while on his secret mission so as to draw less attention, is what I went with for explanation

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    he flew a standard t-70 while on his secret mission so as to draw less attention, is what I went with for explanation

Yeah he was flying covert. It aint that covert to take the ship you are famous for with you.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    54 more hours

feels weird to think of it in that way.

i'm glad i'm going to the midnight launch again, since last time had a real nice energy to it. just an all round positive vibe.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

Yeah he was flying covert. It aint that covert to take the ship you are famous for with you.

oh duh, this makes sense

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    speaking of spoilers, i do remember fucking up with the avengers, and accidentally clicking quote, rather than spoiler, back when they were separate buttons

i still feel bad about that.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brother loves X wings even in the Xwing mini game he gets sad when they go down in flames
    But he hates the t-70

• Options
    I like both

I like that the t-70 has a few nods towards common sense, it feels like a reasonable iteration on the x-wing

and the t-65 is always going to be the ship I flew most in x-wing alliance

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    If Han did the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, and you use parsec as a measurement because it is full of black holes and if you can do it in less distance it means you are going closer to black holes, shouldn't time dilation kick in because time slows down as you approach a black hole and from the observer it would actually take longer?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Huffhuffhuff

Hey guys I felt a disturbance like someone was trying to apply real science to Star Wars and had to come back quick to laugh at them.

Hahahaha

Okay. Peace.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I've been teaching Time Dilation to kids, then with a seperate class we had a speaker come in today who did the science of Star Wars, and I started thinking about it today and since there is not much work on, I have thought about it way too much, leave me alone.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    So apparently this movie is basically coming out Thursday? Went on Fandango and there are a ton of regular price tickets. Grabbed one for a Thursday evening showing for on the way home.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    so i was on youtube and one of those unskippable ads before the video came on

it was for Star Wars and said

DON'T

LET

ANYONE

SPOIL

THIS

at which point i close my browser

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »

DON'T

LET

ANYONE

SPOIL

THIS

I clear my browsing history from YouTube every day for this exact reason, especially because you can not turn off (easily) recommended videos or auto-play.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    So apparently this movie is basically coming out Thursday? Went on Fandango and there are a ton of regular price tickets. Grabbed one for a Thursday evening showing for on the way home.

Seems that most movies anymore (at least the ones I'm interested in seeing) have early releases on Thursdays. Used to be midnight showings for a small handful of big movies, then the midnight showings started getting earlier. I'm guessing it helps them boost that opening weekend box office take by giving the weekend an extra day.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »

Seems that most movies anymore (at least the ones I'm interested in seeing) have early releases on Thursdays. Used to be midnight showings for a small handful of big movies, then the midnight showings started getting earlier. I'm guessing it helps them boost that opening weekend box office take by giving the weekend an extra day.

The opening weekend has become more and more important

It helps them goose that number a bit

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    the only premiere impression that I can trust is the one I saw that says "it's too long and the middle act is kind of boring but other than that, great movie"

I'm really hesitant to trust the first people in the world to see the movie all saying "it's amazing!" without reservation

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    the only premiere impression that I can trust is the one I saw that says "it's too long and the middle act is kind of boring but other than that, great movie"

I'm really hesitant to trust the first people in the world to see the movie all saying "it's amazing!" without reservation

I saw a bunch of "verified" Twitter account impressions and just thought "this is all fluff. . ." However Rainn Johnson has done two movies I really loved and one movie that people say is OK. And dude has just been given his own trilogy. It's entirely possible that this movie doesn't live up to the hype, but I honestly, don't see Johnson dropping the ball so spectacularly that TFA is regarded as the better movie (not a knock on JJ, but his style was all over that film).

And Ava Duvernay (who is the only pro I recognized in the impressions) seems to be really sold in the film.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Rian Johnson has directed the best science fiction movie in years, and two of the best hours of television in history

So I fully believe these impressions

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    looper is probably the best movie I've seen with a title that bad

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

DON'T

LET

ANYONE

SPOIL

THIS

It’s tongue-in-cheek. If you’ve seen the trailers, there’s nothing new. And I’m 99% sure what they show aren’t real spoilers anyways.

This discussion has been closed.