As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars]: The Last Jedi - A completely uncontroversial film. TAG SPOILERS

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    okay but the progression still sucks

6F32U1X.png
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    What a shit show

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    okay but the progression still sucks

If they drop the price of crates (using in-game credits) down to close to beta levels it'll be fine. I progressed like a mofo all through the public beta, and was totally fine with the rate I was adding cards.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I literally had a reaction to that like I imagine I would if it came down that Congress voted to impeach. And I'm not going to play the game regardless. I think I need to get my priorities sorted.

Shadowen on
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    So they only really intend to remove it until the controversy blows over.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I would love it if we could count this as a win.

However small, however temporary.

In a shit year of nothing but awful shit, this is a good thing that has happened and has salvaged my anticipation of this game. I was really looking forward to it until all the loot box drama, and now I can just enjoy the game for a while without feeling like a dirtbag for wanting to play the new Star Wars game.

When it comes to unlocking things I'm up to over 29,000 credits at less than 7 hours played. At this rate I could unlock Palpatine, Leia and Chewbacca after another match or two. Unlock Iden with credits from playing the campaign when I get to that. And then it would be another 15k each for Vader and Luke. Even if the next 30,000 credits took 50% longer that would be all character unlocks within about 18 hours, plus however long I spend on the campaign. Though at this rate it would be faster to earn the credits in multiplayer. I want to play the campaign soon anyway though, so whatever.

In any event, seems like something must have changed drastically because this is nothing at all like any of the calculations that were being talked about. Granted, spending everything on character unlocks would mean very little progression elsewhere - not zero, since some challenges include crate rewards - but I don't feel any great need to get star cards just yet. Maybe if it starts to feel like I'm falling behind, but everything's going great so far. My last starfighter match last night I finished with 28 kills and 4 kill assists to only 5 deaths, and the most points by far because I was on target almost the entire time working on objectives and not just flying around dogfighting, and I had zero cards for any of the ships I flew.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    In non-BF2 news, if anyone out there uses Disney Movie Rewards, the Sphero BB-9E is available for 7500 points.

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I guess Rian Johnson said at a thing that TLJ is gonna be the longest Star Wars at 150 minutes, including credits. RotS was 140 by comparison.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I guess Rian Johnson said at a thing that TLJ is gonna be the longest Star Wars at 150 minutes, including credits. RotS was 140 by comparison.

Awesome

More Star Wars per Star War

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Not surprised. From the trailers it looks like there are a lot of wars packed into this star, they need time to tell that story.

I’m watching A New Hope for the first time in probably 5 years

It is uncharacteristically brutal that they show you the charred skeletons of Owen and Beru

6F32U1X.png
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    That really caught me off guard when I watched it as an adult, yeah

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    it's ok, they lighten up the mood in about 6 minutes with a closeup of a dismembered arm laying in a pool of blood

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    It was a different era to be fair,

Like Gremlins was commonly shown to kids lol, I was a mogwai for Halloween when I was 8

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I like to imagine that the stormtroopers blasted Owen and Beru with their blasters so much that they burst into flames rather than the stormtroopers attempting to dispose of the evidence post-blasting

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I think those early tonal shifts are normal for most franchises

There's a lot of stuff which is unexpectedly brutal when you go back to the beginning, especially things which weren't originally "for kids"

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I always figured the storm troopers questioned them and then just dropped a thermal detonator.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Which I always imagined to be basically a hand held fuel-air bomb, and not just a grenade as the games treat it.

No I'm pretty sure like six stormtroopers stood in a little semicircle and blasted Owen and Beru with blasters until they combusted

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    No I'm pretty sure like six stormtroopers stood in a little semicircle and blasted Owen and Beru with blasters until they combusted

There's precedent:

Screen-Shot-2015-07-28-at-2.37.31-PM.png

Oh man Laura Dern's character in Last Jedi sounds kinda rad
    She's the new leader of the Resistance (presumably Leia has taken a step back in the wake of Han's death, maybe to focus on stuff with Luke?)

She's apparently a very "divisive" leader, and her and Poe will butt heads because Poe is still fiercely loyal to Leia

That sounds like it'll be so cool

6F32U1X.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

what a terrible statement

"we've listened to you and are turning off in game transactions. we are truly sorry. *pause* we will be adding in game transactions at a later date"

edit: or do they mean purchasable with currency earned by playing the game?

Xaquin on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    it's ok, they lighten up the mood in about 6 minutes with a closeup of a dismembered arm laying in a pool of blood
    Which was an excellent return to the hilarious hijinks and shenanigans we had left behind with piles of burning jawas.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Top secrecy from Disney to keep everything from the movie under wraps

Leaked on a movie cup

Hell yeah

CYpGAPn.png
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Woof he does...not look great

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    'e's two inches tall on a cheap plastic cup

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Leaked on a movie cup

Hell yeah

This was actually debunked as a small theater's particular cup. They just pasted an image of Alden Ehrenreich's head on an old publicity photo.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
    Was taking a look at tickets for TLJ and am very strongly considering buying a single matinee ticket for after opening weekend so I can go enjoy it all on my own. Can’t imagine a noon screening on a Tuesday would be that packed...

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Was taking a look at tickets for TLJ and am very strongly considering buying a single matinee ticket for after opening weekend so I can go enjoy it all on my own. Can’t imagine a noon screening on a Tuesday would be that packed...

Consider the potential school breaks likely to be going on at the time.
    Maybe it won't be too crowded.
    Maybe a bunch of worn out parents have dropped their spawn off at the movies unattended so they could enjoy an hour of quiet in the seasonal insanity.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The 2 1/2 hours is enough to put me off seeing the film.

Gustav wrote: »

Leaked on a movie cup

Hell yeah

This was actually debunked as a small theater's particular cup. They just pasted an image of Alden Ehrenreich's head on an old publicity photo.

That seems like a fair bit of effort in service of something that is both terribly pointless and might also get you smote by the terrible wrath of Disney Corp.

see317 wrote: »

Maybe a bunch of worn out parents have dropped their spawn off at the movies unattended so they could enjoy an hour of quiet in the seasonal insanity.

All of the school districts around here will still be going that week. If I like it enough after catching a crowded matinee with my son the first Saturday I'll go back and see it again during the school day that following week when it should be quieter.

edited November 2017
    see317 wrote: »

This is worth investigating. It's either that or go any night of opening weekend (I work Friday through Monday during the daytime) and deal with the mayhem that would involve.

edit: Last day of classes is Dec. 22 here 8-)

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

Leaked on a movie cup

Hell yeah

That looks like a Harkins cup (unless there's some small theater that's copying their font), which is one of the two biggest chains in Arizona. I'm pretty sure their loyalty cups are all fairly uniform across all the locations (though I could be wrong).

But also their loyalty cups are usually pretty dumb, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Also I just checked their locations online, and I realized that basically all of their locations are in AZ, with just a few in a small selection of neighboring states, so I guess that's why other people would consider them a "small" theater. I've always lived in AZ, so I guess I just assumed they were a much larger chain.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    The 2 1/2 hours is enough to put me off seeing the film.

Why?

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Because it is a silly time for a movie I don't particularly care about. I'll watch a long film if I really want to, but any long film is going to have to be something special to justify its length. And for me, TLJ isn't.
    edit- not wanting to clutter the thread up, but the heart knows what the heart wants, or in this case, doesn't want. Though tbf, I was gonna say that TLJ ought to be short like ESB, but that film is 2 hours.
    For me, Star Wars is fine. And that's fine, but fine isn't enough to get me in a seat for 2 1/2 hours.

Gvzbgul on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    But you're in the Star Wars thread?

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    My mind is sorta breaking at “a star wars film isnt something special to me”. I guess that’s fair but its so weird to say.

Anyway I love me some long ass good movies so Im down.

Quire.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    But you're in the Star Wars thread?

suck it, nerds

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.