As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Democracy [Mini-Phalla] (Game over, mafia bloodbath, village victory!)

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    kill them all

Is this a Vig vote for Gamma?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    *Her
    It's a new thing since last Phalla, so no harm no foul or anything. Just wanted to make that correction while I saw it :)

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Oops, sorry.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Nah no worries! Like I said, I just wanted to get it out there so folks could recalibrate their brain entry for TRV :)

• Options
    kime wrote: Β»
    kill them all

Clarification Denied

• Options
    About an hour to go.

Depending on when the baby sleeps, I may not post a message right when it closes, but either way, votes on x:59 will count, any after will not.

Don't expect anything super interesting for a narration. I'm tired :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Don't expect anything super interesting for a narration. I'm tired :P

Just set the baby in front of the keyboard, and hit post after 20 minutes or so.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    kill them all

Ok

discrider

That was a reserve post not an actual post sorry

• Options
    discrider is not a player or valid vote target (yet)

Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    kill them all

Kime: Doesn't even read own OP :P

discrider on
  • Options
    kill them all

Kime: Doesn't even read own OP

this is true. Also I'm on my phone with a sleeping baby in one arm so I think I should get one break.

And I'm the boss in this thread so I do :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Night 1

Ahhhh people died! What are you doing this is a democracy, you should solve problems with your voices and votes not with violence! That's how this works, right?

Dead List
    TheRoadVirus - The Vote
    MrTLicious - The Mafia

PMs going out. Please no talking 'till that gets sorted.

Steam profile
  • Options
    PMs going out. Please no talking 'till that gets sorted.

Done. Have at the murdering and whatnot!

If you expected a PM and did not receive one, please let me know. I think I got everything covered though...

Steam profile
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Can we take the guns out yet?

VIG
    VIG
    VIG

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    !seer
    !seer
    !seer

i don't know who to vote for yet.

• Options
    also re: the guns out: not until we know who all the mafia are!

for example, i'm a villager and i didn't have any powers last night.
    if i did have the power last night, i could announce my results directly to the thread,
    without fear of being mafia vigged, because there's no guarantee i'll have the special power on any given night!

if i were mafia, i'd probably just... not announce the results? what a drag.

• Options
    !seer
    !seer
    !seer

Virgil

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Virgil's Day 1 Order!
    : Special Role Gamma: enlightenedbum

Guess who's Mafia

Boop Boop, also

I was thinking about waiting awhile to look at votes but naw!
    Lets avoid giving them room to maneuver and create fake claims and cause confusion.
    Post your stuff folks!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    !vig
    !seer
    !seer

Enlightenbumed

I'm putting a vig in there in case we wanna discuss a second target, since we have a baddie nabbed.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Since we are posting seer results, Grunts Ghosts is The Cheater. Sounds ominous.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    It just means that I can boost or reduce the chance of a power vote by 10%. So like I can say "Reduce Beta Seer" and the seers votes cost 10% less. It was useless last night when all votes were pretty much seers.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Interesting.
    Do you get color results on seering? If so, chamberlain what color was that role?
    Virgil what did ebum's role come up as color and anything specific?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    seer
    seer
    seer

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    You can't give the village a second kill with a vig because you don't know who you're giving it to. :P

!seer
    !seer
    !seer

!enlightenedbum

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbum

Going to keep all of my votes on seer unless a second mafia shows up from last night's results.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    !seer
    !seer
    !seer

!enlightenedbum

I will accept this seer result for now, but I have a bad feeling about this.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    I'm all for continued seerings, but I think we should swap at least one of those out for a guard. Certain people are going to end up becoming more likely targets and less likely mafia.

Enlightenedbum

Guard
    Seer
    Seer

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Interesting.
    Do you get color results on seering? If so, chamberlain what color was that role?
    Virgil what did ebum's role come up as color and anything specific?

I didn't get a specific role, just mafia in the color red and the name of my target Enlightenedbum.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Announce all seerings even if they're villager.

If they wanna kill confirmed villagers we'll win this war of attrition, we have three seers and they have one kill.

You have nothing to lose because your powers have already moved on. If this was a normal game, you'd protect the seer after a mafia call, but there's no point to that here.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I'm all for continued seerings, but I think we should swap at least one of those out for a guard. Certain people are going to end up becoming more likely targets and less likely mafia.

Enlightenedbum

Guard
    Seer
    Seer

I think guard is a wasted power in this game with the exception of maybe late game, but even then it would be more likely to be a hindrance with a mafia potentially getting it. Who would the guard even guard beside them self? No one with an ability should put themselves until the next day, and then they are unlikely to have another power the subsequent day.

• Options
    Thank you Virgil.
    Enlightenedbum

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Enlightenedbum

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    !seer
    !seer
    !seer

!enlightenedbum

I saw 2 seer results.. still waiting on the third?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    booOOoOooOoooOOoOOooooOOOOOoo

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I think guard is a wasted power in this game with the exception of maybe late game, but even then it would be more likely to be a hindrance with a mafia potentially getting it. Who would the guard even guard beside them self? No one with an ability should put themselves until the next day, and then they are unlikely to have another power the subsequent day.

A seer who successfully calls out a mafia and gets them killed is a likely target due to looking less suspicious than the rest of the village.

If a mafia gets the guard ability, then what exactly do we lose? It's not like guard can protect against the vote, and we're not empowering any vigs.

Is the vote a guaranteed kill? I can't read OP, OP says it is.

Megafrost on
  • Options
    enlightenedbum.

i suspect the third seer result was mafia-seering-a-villager.
    mafia has no incentives to target mafia (in case it becomes a vig / edge case they have a guard and village has a vig???).
    mafia has no incentive to declare someone seered a villager.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

!seer
    !seer
    !seer

!enlightenedbum

Seems pretty straightforward. If bum dies green, Virgil eats the vote tomorrow, so no point in not trusting him today.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    seer
    seer
    seer

enlightenedbum

I agree. And I suppose GG's explanation sounds reasonable.

• Options

A seer who successfully calls out a mafia and gets them killed is a likely target due to looking less suspicious than the rest of the village.

If a mafia gets the guard ability, then what exactly do we lose? It's not like guard can protect against the vote, and we're not empowering any vigs.

Is the vote a guaranteed kill? I can't read OP, OP says it is.

Eh, still seems like a waste to lose a potential seer to potentially protect a person who most likely isn't a special anymore.