As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steven Universe] oops all gems

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    New episodes on the CN App?

Are they

Just not airing it now?

Well think, where in the schedule could they possibly make any time?

Enlong on
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Also, the game came out I think!

Unfortunately from the reviews I'm seeing, it's a case of a studio that had never had a major console release before really showing that inexperience. Think the Polygon one started along the lines of "This would be a perfect imagining of the show if it weren't completely broken."

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Really pissed at the obvious Halloween episode in there not being out today

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Also, the game came out I think!

Unfortunately from the reviews I'm seeing, it's a case of a studio that had never had a major console release before really showing that inexperience. Think the Polygon one started along the lines of "This would be a perfect imagining of the show if it weren't completely broken."

Fortunately that means they can be fixed, but since its such a small studio, I'm not sure they'll bother

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Save the Light is out on PS4.

It is so good.

The worst part is picking which three characters to bring with Steven,

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    In case it wasn't clear by the text, yes those episodes are app-only on Nov 10

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Wait what. That seems...not good for the show overall.

Weird to see a show that packs a ton at comic con get pushed to the side like this

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Going the Korra "Exclusive on Nick.com!" route I see.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Audience must scew too old

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    God that is such an outmoded marketing strategy.

Sure, you want to target kids because that is the demographic you are shooting for, but any eyeballs that watch your show is a good thing. Also... guess what? Older people tend to have their own money which isnt gated behind a parent to spend on toys. shocker right?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    They can do the rest of the series on the app for all I care. Just let us FINISH the series at least. Release everything on iTunes. Do something to let us watch them already.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    but like... why not just air the show on the channel that you own, instead of a teen titans go rerun that's already aired 10+ times in the past week?

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    what are the odds some executive is straight up trying to kill the show

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Brolo wrote: »
    but like... why not just air the show on the channel that you own, instead of a teen titans go rerun that's already aired 10+ times in the past week?

that way lies madness, what if somebody wanted to watch teen titans go and they turned on the teen titans go channel and it wasn't playing teen titans go?!

sometimes I wonder if they're just trying to kill their own channel

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Maybe kids just stream everything these days. Most channels barely have any consistent scheduling and rarely rerun new episodes. It's been hell trying to DVR animated shows. Star Wars Rebels has had new eps this season mislabeled as repeats and I missed a crap load of Tales of TMNT because checking on wikipedia they apparently aired those on the fucking Nicktoons channel. Which isn't HD on my cable package. Relying just on TV broadcasts makes you miss a lot of stuff so you have to either go to their apps or your cable provider's on demand services.

Naphtali wrote: »
    sometimes I wonder if they're just trying to kill their own channel

After what they did to Regular Show and Adventure Time, I'm not really surprised by this. Eventually you start to notice when they don't care that much about a show anymore, regardless of how close the end is. For RS it was a year away, for AT it was years, but both times you just all of a sudden saw a big drop in airtime on the show. From entire marathons one month to going weeks or even months without even a rerun.

There was a big TTG schedule image I posted in the previous thread (I believe from July), and on the side it said SU hadn't been seen in well over a month at that point. Would have been absolutely unheard of a year ago

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It could just be a limited time thing to try to bump up app usage. I would assume at some point they'll air with an event promoting them - but obviously I could be wrong. It was rather nice over Halloween to see them re-running Regular Show again even if it was temporary.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    It might also be related to the CBS app getting a huge spike in users when Discovery started airing their exclusively.
    All the other channels with their own streaming apps trying to follow suit, boost their numbers by making their content only available there.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular

I legit think this is actually the case.

They are airing these episodes throughout December.

They’re just going up early on the app because they know Steven Universe episodes will get devoured as soon as they’re offered.

It will get the app a lot of downloads.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Aw, man.

This sucks because I watch new episodes with my brother, we have no device that can get the app and is also big enough for us to both enjoy the episode, and I also like having discussions about episodes when they're current.

I don't suppose this app can be found on the PC, Wii U or PS4, or that they'll also be putting this on a website?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    If you have Android, a Chromecast is a relatively inexpensive option

don't you have to have a cable sub to watch them on the app, anyways?

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    What is going to happen is im going to a not youtube place to watch them because i cant be arsed to download yet another app that will attempt to datamine something from me

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Yeah, I don't have a way to access the app on a mobile device

Guess I'm done with the show if this is its only future. Sorry friends :/

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Someone will definitely put it on a website

Yeah, I don't have a way to access the app on a mobile device

Guess I'm done with the show if this is its only future. Sorry friends :/

I mean, you just gotta wait a month for them to air on cable & then online storefronts. It sucks, but it is what it is.

If anyone else is playing Save the Light the only area I haven’t gotten 100% complete is one section of the forest with a chest high up on a ledge on the right side of the zone with no perceivable way to reach it.

I’ve scoured every other zone of the forest and couldn’t find any other alternate paths to it or anything. It’s driving me nuts.

In other gay cartoon news the latest episode of OK KO was about two girls with great abs going on a date:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSu9221Dq2c

edited November 2017
    I appreciate OK KO on an artistic level but I dont enjoy it as much as I feel like I should

King Riptor on
    edited November 2017
    Do you not appreciate ABS?

Gundi on
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene?
    Meh, I can take it or leave it.

Gundi wrote: »

I don't know like Adventure time and Steven clicked immediately but something about KO just feels off to me.

Well I like it, although it is super different in tone and content from either of those two shows so it's not surprising you could like SU and Adventure Time and not like it, despite a bunch of the staff having worked on aforementioned shows. Like, they're incomparable. Steven Universe is by far the most ambitious cartoon I've seen since... ever.

The main stuff that OK KO takes from Steven Universe is overall competency in the animation medium and its relatively nice (both in the sense of being good comedy and being kind-natured towards the characters) humor. But, like, that's about all they have in common.

The two things that initially drew me to it were the comedy and the gorgeous animation. The stills might not always look good while static, but man the animation is fluid and creative all the time. Oh and it's also riffing on like stereotypical action cartoons which I still have fond memories growing up with.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Grumpy face games said they're aware of the issues and will be pushing out a patch, which will also address stuff like Smoky Quartz being referred to as 'she/'her rather than 'they/them'

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I caught up on OK KO and A) That Red Action episode was super duper gay like whoa. B) This show really like putting the Cool S™ everywhere.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Grumpy face games said they're aware of the issues and will be pushing out a patch, which will also address stuff like Smoky Quartz being referred to as 'she/'her rather than 'they/them'

That's heartening. I blitzed through most of the game this weekend, and it IS fun, but I've definitely had issues. From debilitating (I think I'm up to four soft-locks in battle) to more annoying (I died on the first boss, and when I continued and got back in the room, the engine sound it makes was still present...and then persisted in EVERY area until I closed the game)

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Three of the four trophies relating to the final boss and the various endings are broken as well.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

How cabley does your cable sub have to be? I technically have a TV sub from Cox that consists entirely of local channels and free HBO.

steam_sig.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

How cabley does your cable sub have to be? I technically have a TV sub from Cox that consists entirely of local channels and free HBO.

Pretty sure you need to have the channel.