As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hunter jumps are just jumps!

Titan jumps took some getting used to but are good

Warlock jumps feel random and bad

Man it's just

It's a rocket pack. You're wearing a rocket pack.

I have never had a problem figuring out the warlock jump.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I was doing some crucible to finish my Clan XP milestone and I just killed the entire enemy team in about two seconds while using an auto rifle and not reloading or removing my finger from the trigger.

I feel like I should get a special reward or something.

I think I just won Destiny.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Warlock jumps are great

IKknkhU.gif
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Hunter jumps are just jumps!

Titan jumps took some getting used to but are good

Warlock jumps feel random and bad

Man it's just

It's a rocket pack. You're wearing a rocket pack.

I have never had a problem figuring out the warlock jump.

See this is how I feel about the Titan jump

The Warlock jump feels weird though!

Like, does it go where I'm moving before I jump? Or is it based on where I'm looking as I jump?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    It creates a set of momentum in the direction that you're looking

If you already have a certain amount of momentum in a direction, that momentum may not be enough to move in a direction - for example, jumping immediately after a boss does a "slam and knock everyone back" attack isn't going to get you anywhere but in the direction they knock you, because of how much momentum they put out

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    jwalk wrote: »
    Gear drops I can understand being random, but tokens?
    those should be pretty set. 3-4 for a win, 1-2 for a loss

Tokens are set
    5 for a win, 2 for a loss

clearly they are not because I got 1 for a loss, the 2nd game we won and I had 4 tokens afterwards.

unless I dunno, it penalizes you for being really bad. because both games I played like hot farts, and one of them I fell off into the infinite hurty abyss at least 4 times.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Warlock jump bases your direction on your trajectory when you hit jump the second time. If you hit it quickly at the beginning of your first jump, you'll continue to float directly upwards. If you hit it at the apex of your first jump while most of your momentum is directed forwards, you'll float mostly forwards. If you're falling, it will mostly halt you in place for a couple seconds. It seems to be a temporary Zero Gravity effect where your original momentum is preserved in all cases except with regards to where regular gravity would have been taking you. It's pretty fiddly, but once you get used to it you'll have a lot easier time staying airborn for long periods than you would as a Hunter. The downside being that a Hunter is moving much more quickly, and their jump is better for regular evasion. And then Titans fall kind of in the middle, but with more straightforward lift physics.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    edited October 2017
    weapons in the video game Destiny 2 are more about the perks, the recoil, the ammo usage and clip size, the reload speed, the range, and THEN the damage. in that order.

like a powerful weapon that's ass to use or aim well, or blows thru ammo like a vegas hooker thru coke (Sweet Business looking at you) will not be as good as one that has far less recoil, or has some sweet perk like "blows up everything in the room" (Sunshot).

also, you're going to use purple weapons because you can only have 1 exotic equipped.

jwalk on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    We talking PvP or PvE weapon choice? Because for PvE I'd say it's usually fuck it, use whatever as long as one of your guns is a scout rifle, but for PvP, kill time is really important.

edited October 2017
    my favorites right now are
    (PVE)
    Nameless Midnight - a purple scout rifle with "Precision Frame" (recoil is more vertical, ie predictable) and exploding rounds which not only does AOE damage, meaning you'll damage multiple enemies that are close, you can hit the wall next to something and still do damage, AND is like getting an extra bullet even on single targets - VERY nice scout rifle that does a lot of damage for the amount of ammo it uses..

Sunshot - an exotic hand cannon that has shitty sights, is hard to aim, takes for-fucking-ever to reload BUT when you kill enemies with it they explode.. and if other enemies nearby also die from that explosion, THEY explode.. and so on. really hard to justify not using this weapon on large crowds of weaker adds because, yea kaboom..
    also like Coldheart for certain types of bosses..

and for power weapon, Blue Shift is a rocket launcher with a very large blast radius (very, very large)
    Merciless is a stupid-OP fusion rifle, very good against certain types, bosses etc..

for PVE, MIDA Multi is hard to pass up, exotic kinetic scout rifle. this has "high caliber rounds" which staggers the enemy (causes their screen to twitch and lose their aim) and the radar is active when aiming down sights, and Uriel's Gift is a purple auto rifle, again with high caliber rounds and precision frame (low recoil)

jwalk on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Sometimes I wonder if it gives better rewards to shittier performance to encourage players to keep throwing themselves into the meat grinder. My PVP record overall has been very poor, but also very lucrative.

Like the equivalent of the Mario Kart item system?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    This is for today,currently scheduled for around 730 EST! sign up if you're down, we're half full! https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1068445

I know the mechanics of the three rooms but I'm far from good enough to carry.

I'm just eating breakfast, will be on soon

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I use Origin Story and Uriel's Gift for both PVP and PVE. I do quite well with them both. Also I sometimes use the chest that keeps reloading them so I can fire them both for longer.

Sometimes in PVE I will use that FWC handcannon that has bullets that blow up after they hit a target. It is fun.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My non strike PvE loadout is Better Devils, Uriel's Gift and Curtain Call.

Better Devils explodes low level adds in one hit
    Uriel's Gift is headshot easy mode
    and Curtain Call is just a very good rocket launcher

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    This is for today,currently scheduled for around 730 EST! sign up if you're down, we're half full! https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1068445

I know the mechanics of the three rooms but I'm far from good enough to carry.

I'm just eating breakfast, will be on soon

Sounds good. If @DouglasDanger can make it I think we're just one short.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I could do 8est

edited October 2017
    I don't have Curtain Call :sad:
    I did recently get a Wardcliff Coil... haha fun, but not as effective as just murderblowing up the whole room. IMO.
    also got a Tractor Cannon aka the boop gun. funny, maybe good in the right situation (aka near a cliff) otherwise. nah. nope.

jwalk on
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I don't have Curtain Call :sad:
    I did recently get a Wardcliff Coil... haha fun, but not as effective as just murderblowing up the whole room. IMO.
    also got a Tractor Cannon aka the boop gun. funny, maybe good in the right situation (aka near a cliff) otherwise. nah. nope.

Near walls as well. Ever been murdered by a Cabal phalanx smacking you into a wall in D1? You can do the same thing to enemies in D2 with the Tractor Cannon, it's a tad fiddly though because if you push them into the wall at an angle they'll survive, you have to solidly splat them against it.
    It takes some effort but it's probably the most satisfying thing to accomplish in pvp just watching somebody go flying into a wall and then dropping dead. Of course you'll die immediately to their three friends but for that split second things will almost be fun :bzz:

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    I use Nameless Midnight in PvP and PvE

That gun and I are going places

I try to vary up my PvP and PvE loadouts, outside of the raid and trials. Variety is the spice of life and all.

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Hahaha holy shit the Giant Bombcast answered my email asking them if they thought Exo fuck

Turns out they agree

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Got hit with the empty treasure chest bug. Thought they’d have patched it out by now. Also got nothing but blues.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Did you recently loot a lot of stuff?
    Opening a bunch of chests (or apparently even looting those stupid ass items in the overworld that give a teensy amount of rep) in a short time frame gives you diminishing returns, and eventually nothing at all.

steam_sig.png
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    We've got room for one more for this raid if anyone wants in! (WheatBun01 on PSN)

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Just finished the Prestige Nightfall with @Cilla Black and @-Tal and oh my god that was some of the best Destiny i've played in a while

once again, the rig is broken

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I think night stalker is the best hunter for PVP, aside from it's super

Golden gun has the best super, but aside from that, not so much

I'm not really sure about arc staff
    Going by the stats nightstalker and gunslinger compete for best option across most modes.

Arcstrider has difficulty keeping up in any mode.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I actually like nameless midnight better than mida

For a secondary you can never go wrong with uriels though. Sometimes i use the trials ar - i think its called the prosecutor? Its basically equivalent to uriels.

Al_wat wrote: »
    I actually like nameless midnight better than mida

For a secondary you can never go wrong with uriels though. Sometimes i use the trials ar - i think its called the prosecutor? Its basically equivalent to uriels.

I get killed by prosecutor a lot.

steam_sig.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

(PVE)
    Nameless Midnight - a purple scout rifle with "Precision Frame" (recoil is more vertical, ie predictable) and exploding rounds which not only does AOE damage, meaning you'll damage multiple enemies that are close, you can hit the wall next to something and still do damage, AND is like getting an extra bullet even on single targets - VERY nice scout rifle that does a lot of damage for the amount of ammo it uses..

Sunshot - an exotic hand cannon that has shitty sights, is hard to aim, takes for-fucking-ever to reload BUT when you kill enemies with it they explode.. and if other enemies nearby also die from that explosion, THEY explode.. and so on. really hard to justify not using this weapon on large crowds of weaker adds because, yea kaboom..

and for power weapon, Blue Shift is a rocket launcher with a very large blast radius (very, very large)
    Merciless is a stupid-OP fusion rifle, very good against certain types, bosses etc..

for PVE, MIDA Multi is hard to pass up, exotic kinetic scout rifle. this has "high caliber rounds" which staggers the enemy (causes their screen to twitch and lose their aim) and the radar is active when aiming down sights, and Uriel's Gift is a purple auto rifle, again with high caliber rounds and precision frame (low recoil)
    Regarding sunshot: its slow reload speed is a property of being a handcannon. However, relative To the space of handcannons it actually has a really fast reload speed.

I can’t believe there’s still no easy way to see what guns you already have

liEt3nH.png

It isn't in game but check out www.destinysets.com

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    (PVE)

Regarding sunshot: its slow reload speed is a property of being a handcannon. However, relative To the space of handcannons it actually has a really fast reload speed.

I am really digging Sunshot with Lucky Pants right now. I use Origin Story at long range as soon as something gets in close or I round a corner and bump into a large group is insta switch and that first round never misses and takes more than one mob with it

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.

The thing I'm looking is more "You have another copy of this gun, you can shard the weakest"

It's an extreme pain to go through the completely disorganized vault and track that

liEt3nH.png
    edited October 2017
    I don't know how the clan bonus that gives rep tokens when doing playlist activities shakes out for things like strikes, but it absolutely sucks for raids.
    Spending 2-3 hours in there and then killing Calus and getting a single fucking Io token is insulting.

If I wanted a single token I could have just gone to Io and spent 1 minute doing literally anything.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png

The thing I'm looking is more "You have another copy of this gun, you can shard the weakest"

It's an extreme pain to go through the completely disorganized vault and track that
    Use DIM and type is:dupe or is:dupelower into the search.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    So I was doing a public event on titan, the one with the spider tanks. A special shank called a 'repair shank' showed up, as well as a named knight called 'savathuns guy'. I don't know what they do.

Pretty cool! Guess Destiny still has some cool stuff in there.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Just finished the Prestige Nightfall with @Cilla Black and @-Tal and oh my god that was some of the best Destiny i've played in a while

once again, the rig is broken

Honestly I still hate the time limit on Nightfalls but that WAS extremely satisfying

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    So I was doing a public event on titan, the one with the spider tanks. A special shank called a 'repair shank' showed up, as well as a named knight called 'savathuns guy'. I don't know what they do.

Pretty cool! Guess Destiny still has some cool stuff in there.

since it's the flashpoint planet this week, heroic events have extra big enemies.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Alright, three prestige nightfall’s done.

No extra rewards but they felt satisfying to beat the timer.

It’s too bad other weeks are such a slog.

Nothing. Matters.
This discussion has been closed.