As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The influx of new players has done wonders for great names. I can't remember if it was on here or out in the field I saw "Microsoft Edge Transit".

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    so is 900 the light level where things start to slow down, you stop getting blues higher than that, etc?

thinking about doing some infusing if so

900's the soft cap, when you hit that your Rare and Legendary drops are no longer guaranteed to be higher level than your current gear.

At that point, you need to complete Weekly Bounties (vendors like Ikora and Eris carry those) or Pursuits (the activities marked by a gold sunburst) to get Powerful drops that are guaranteed to be higher level than your current gear.

Then there's a cap at 950 where you need to start doing Raids and other Pinnacle activities to hit 960, then you hit 980 by leveling the Gate Lord's Eye.

I also forgot to mention you'll occasionally pick up Prime Engrams which are guaranteed to have higher level gear when you take them to the Cryptarch in the Tower for decryption.

Because despite having played this game for two years at this point, I have apparently not achieved Basic Competence.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Hrm

Hmm

No one ever told me that the third tree for solar titan let them chuck their hammer all willy nilly that. That's fun.

Better yet is since it's being used for the class' melee, the Super instead uses a much bigger hammer which can be seen here in my 'first Army Of One medal' video.

https://youtu.be/6XZCDuuRuds

So much fun to use.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    finally have a physical and energy bow for my Hunter, time to use those exclusively (and probably a sword I guess), toss a purple shader on everything and live my best Kate Bishop Hawkeye cosplay life

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Full crucible Titan armor with the metallic crucible shader is exactly my shit, for when I want to look like a dark and edgy dumbass.

It’s great.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man as uninteresting as the Infinite Forest was, the mission where you go to past Mercury was pretty neat.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Man as uninteresting as the Infinite Forest was, the mission where you go to past Mercury was pretty neat.

Yeah, Curse Of Osiris did bring some neat stuff to the table. For example, checking out the Lost Prophecy weapons' lore-tabs via the Collections tab is worth a read. Like Shaxx writing a letter to the Speaker revealing that the Crucible was inspired by Osiris or someone raising the question on how Osiris created the Lost Prophecies in the first place. Not to mention the lore-tab for Perfect Paradox.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    aw yis, got a neat new cloak and my gear level is 902 B)

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Joining in on the Vex Offensive a little bit each day has done wonders for my LL. Usually get at least one piece of better season armor, strap it on, dismantle the old one and reapply shaders and vex eye mods. Very quick and easy.

Also a good spot to do the Opulence daily for multikills.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    You know, I'm quite fond of my warlock's current look. I'm glad universal ornaments are a thing now.

7HFrS5s.jpg

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I did exactly one thing with my opulence chalice as soon as I got it and promptly forgot it was there

There is too much shit to track in this game

• Options
    9xJL4wW.jpg

Finished the Lost Prophecy collection last night. The emblem I got tracks kills with said weapons like the ones from Warmind do.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I did exactly one thing with my opulence chalice as soon as I got it and promptly forgot it was there

There is too much shit to track in this game

It's extremely easy to lose track of the chalice even if you're looking for it

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I did the Whisper of the Worm thing last night with some friends. Good ol' platforming puzzles.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I didn't realize how limited the new ornament system is. I really wanted to make my gear look like the complete FWC set.

august on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I had initially thought I'd be fine with just doing the Shadowkeep campaign on one character and ignoring it on my other two, but there are actually multiple powerful gear drops locked behind the campaign. Plus, you get an exotic armor for doing it.

• Options
    @Grey Ghost just woke up, hope I didn’t miss your timeline for playing this a bit tonight

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Alright, turns out we couldn’t finish the shattered throne tonight, had to get ready for work, right around when we got to the Big Fight. We’re going to try again about 7pm EST on Tuesday, and could potentially use a third PS4 player, if any are available.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    it's not even THE big fight
    that thing ain't messing around

• Options
    Oh.

OH.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    that's the mid-boss

• Options
    Yeah, I found the guide you were using. Looks like fun.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    the flip-side is that the opulence chalice is the only thing you should remember because even though it doesn't drop powerful it drops 0-3 under your average PL when you're above 900 and is the easiest way to avoid getting slot screwed

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    I just can't find anything good looking that allows me to use the season mods for my hunter.
    Also it's almost impossible to get armor mostly colored purple or pink.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    I just can't find anything good looking that allows me to use the season mods for my hunter.

Purple:
    53PbKemh.jpg

Pink:
    yp6a6d6h.jpg

Purple and Pink:
    LOCAkreh.jpg

• Options
    I went through a real heavy Nebula Rose phase a while back
    Everything kinda looked like Patrick Nagel drew it

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Cool thing about shaders now, not sure how long it’s been like this, but if you don’t have enough of one you’re using, find it in Collections -> Flair -> Shaders and you can just... buy more for a pretty low cost.

It’s neat.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Fuck, really??

• Options
    I've never left my Nebula Rose phase

• Options

Purple:
    53PbKemh.jpg

Pink:
    yp6a6d6h.jpg

Purple and Pink:
    LOCAkreh.jpg

Do those take seasonal mods?

• Options

Purple:
    53PbKemh.jpg

Pink:
    yp6a6d6h.jpg

Purple and Pink:
    LOCAkreh.jpg

I'm going to be honest with you I don't know what that means. I played a bunch of vanilla and just started again with New Light, haven't even picked up Shadowkeep yet.

I wasn't aware there were any restrictions on when/where shaders could be used?

• Options
    There are no restrictions on shaders
    Armor that drops from here on out will also have an elemental type and can only accept mods of the same element, and that's a random roll just like other stats, but that is entirely separate from shaders

• Options
    edited October 2019

Purple:
    53PbKemh.jpg

Pink:
    yp6a6d6h.jpg

Purple and Pink:
    LOCAkreh.jpg

I'm going to be honest with you I don't know what that means. I played a bunch of vanilla and just started again with New Light, haven't even picked up Shadowkeep yet.

I wasn't aware there were any restrictions on when/where shaders could be used?

With the current season there are mods that make you take less damage from nightmare bosses (shadowkeep seasonal thing).
    But those go only on season armor, the stuff you get from season pass or from the latest expansion campaign, also on the stuff you get from Shaxx and Zavala for tokens, not sure about the gambit gear.

I could make good looking armor, i have almost all parts i need/want (could use better cloak and torso armor).
    bot mostly those don't take season mods.
    The shadowkeep campaign set is not necessarily bad looking, and colors nice pink and purple, but it's not a look i am going for.

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you can put the Dreambane mods on new versions of any armor set as long as they're new drops and not pulled from collections

• Options
    I'm pretty sure you can put the Dreambane mods on new versions of any armor set as long as they're new drops and not pulled from collections
    Pretty sure i can't.
    Because i have only been playing since steam launch, so all my gear are new drops.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Cool thing about shaders now, not sure how long it’s been like this, but if you don’t have enough of one you’re using, find it in Collections -> Flair -> Shaders and you can just... buy more for a pretty low cost.

It’s neat.
    Fuck, really??

You always could, but it used to cost Bright Dust for most of them, others cost glimmer and shards. Now they all just cost glimmer and gunsmith materials I think.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    You can't put them on everything, but you can put them on most things. I haven't figured out the pattern yet. I think maybe it includes some but not all older season drops. Or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    You can't put them on everything, but you can put them on most things. I haven't figured out the pattern yet. I think maybe it includes some but not all older season drops. Or something.

Quoting myself from the other thread:
    TamerBill wrote: »
    So what decides what gear has slot for season mods?
    Season armor obviously.
    But i have a single non season peace of armor that also has that slot, but none of the other ones do, and i'm not sure why, because the collections don't show it having that mod slot.
    Can i infuse season gear to non season gear to get the mod slot?

It's armour from anything 'current'. Basically if an activity has Powerful rewards associated with it this season then the armour from that activity can slot seasonal mods. So Vanguard armour, Crucible armour, Gambit armour, Moon armour etc.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    And i don't like the vex armour, moon armour is ok but not my style, crucible armour is straight out...
    So i'm just doing strikes and hoping Zavala hands me a chest piece that has not completely terrible stats.

I guess i don't really need the mods, it's not like i am running nightmare hunts or heroic nightfall (way too stressful with randoms).
    It is still something i find annoying though.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    It really feels like finding new armor is kind of a crapshoot, I keep getting the same pieces from the same sets over and over and most of those sets are pretty lame

Right now I’m rocking a sick prodigal leather coat but I envy some of these nerds running around the tower glowing from every pore

I guess that’s how they sell ornaments, huh

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
This discussion has been closed.