As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    not much, who's Aunor with you?

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    sorry who is Aunor

Aunor Mahal, a member of the Praxis Fire group. She first popped up during Season Of The Drifter, being who you were actually siding with when givien the 'Vanguard Vs Drifter' choice and you pick Vanguard. She's got this 'Internal Affairs cowboy cop' vibe going for her since she refuses to drop investigating Drifter after the Vanguard told her to leave him alone.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I like The Drifter, he's definitely my kinda guy. Should probably be named The Grifter though, because he's running a pretty long con.

and the Gambit shaders are mostly pretty good.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I hate the Drifter. He's basically Destiny 2's number one incel

he's just really slimy and untrustworthy. I could never side with him

Cayde would've kicked him out long ago

Anzekay on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

EH. Incel should not be used as a catch all term for sketchy person. One of the few positive relationships that we know the Drifter has had was with the female Awoken Guardian who eventually became the Emissary.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The drifter is a massive dork

He’s the guy who hangs out at high school after he graduated

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    That said I sided with the drifter because whatever

Moriveth wrote: »

This is also a weirdly bad attempt at characterization. He's called the Drifter because he's drifted all over and has explored more of the system than probably any character we know of. The people who don't venture out at all are the Vanguard.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

This is also a weirdly bad attempt at characterization. He's called the Drifter because he's drifted all over and has explored more of the system than probably any character we know of. The people who don't venture out at all are the Vanguard.

According to lore, he plopped himself down in the tower and hasn’t left for months.

jnij103vqi2i.png

I mean, I'm making a joke?

According to lore, he plopped himself down in the tower and hasn’t left for months.

But he was actively running around all kinds of places since the days of the Iron Lords. Spending a year in one place isn't really such of a much.

EH. Incel should not be used as a catch all term for sketchy person. One of the few positive relationships that we know the Drifter has had was with the female Awoken Guardian who eventually became the Emissary.

the vibe I get every time I talk to the Drifter is the same vibe I get from talking to MRA or incel dudes

he's clearly a changed man from how he was in the past, in the flashbacks etc. but who he is now just gives me that vibe over and over and I thoroughly dislike him

I feel like The Drifter will offer to buy me booze or cigarettes

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah, he gives off the same energy as a dude who hangs out in the alleyway next to a convenience store who's "job" is buying booze/cigs/tobacco for underage kids. "Brother, if you're old enough and ballsy enough to ask me to buy you booze, then who am I to deny you booze? Just remember The Drifter here's got to get his beak wet too, you get me?"

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

Probably not. This is from the Ace of Spades quest with all of Cayde's recordings:

"This one's for the fellow calls himself The Drifter. You did warn me running with you would put a target on my back. Guess I'm in good company though, huh? After all, never had any fun without a little risk. That's the whole idea with the operation you're putting together, ain't it? MY idea by the way. Had it, like, a million years ago, back when you were still handsome. So, uh, you're welcome. You know, getting that up and running means coming out of hiding - giving you-know-who another shot at you. Hope I was around to see THAT showdown. Personally, my money was on the guy with the Golden Gun. But hey, what do I know? I'm dead."

So Cayde would probably be playing some Gambit, but maybe with a helmet on to be discreet

idk, like Drifter does give off a creepster vibe, but I always felt like he manufactures that vibe to make himself seem more harmless than he really is

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Apparently I just wandered into the quest to get The Whisper and wow I need a guide to get through that platforming

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Apparently I just wandered into the quest to get The Whisper and wow I need a guide to get through that platforming

Whisper is definitely one you'll want to do with friends. It's timed platforming + some fights and a boss.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, I had NO idea what I was doing!

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Even knowing the layout, I would hate to try soloing that final boss room

Duoing it was a nice challenge though

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I happened upon it by chance a couple weeks back, managed to get about half way in until the wall bursts made it too difficult to continue on the time I had left.

Might try to solo it if I get a few hours to myself for practice

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    I love doing Whisper, so @Moriveth if you wanna do it some time let me know!!

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    v7HqxcI.png?1

this enemy team was a group of 5 striker titans and one burning maul. fuck em. getting seismic striked every second of the game and running into fists of havoc every 20 seconds is the least fun thing in the world. guess it's good that they aren't very coordinated.

Adus on
    edited November 2019
    I love doing Whisper, so @Moriveth if you wanna do it some time let me know!!

If you're in PS4 i can lend a hand as well. Outbreak perfected is another timed jumping puzzle mission. It's harder, but pretty fun, and is a great gun to run with friends who also use it. My clan takes it into gambit and melts bosses.

Except for those times when we suck of course.

In related news, i unlocked to catalyst for Polaris Lance and finishing it also sucks a lot.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    I finished my Riskrunner catalyst the other day and man it shoots so far now

Also

ALSO

When you are super high it’s a bit of a brain wrinkler to wander into a lost sector in the Tangled Shore and hear Paul McCartney start playing??

I'm at almost 4000 kills with my RiskRunner since getting the catalyst. I like that gun a lot.

steam_sig.png
    It's great, especially if you can jump right into some arc damage and then you just spin around in a circle shooting lightning bullets

I might be able to wrap up at least one of the Iron Banner bounties tonight. Maybe two? I dunno. It'd be nice to get pinnacle gear!

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    At the very least I finally have a goddamn machine gun from the season level ups

I fucked around and got a Black Armory machine gun

and dang but machine guns are fun as hell to shoot

I've never used them much for the same reason I'm not into auto rifles, I prefer slow firing but hard hitting and precise guns

I tend towards the opposite, of mostly because I'm generally a poor shot so more bullet = more likely to hit, for me.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    It's great, especially if you can jump right into some arc damage and then you just spin around in a circle shooting lightning bullets

Throwing your own arc grenade at your feet also works for this. The titan pulse grenade is particularly good for this because only the initial blast will damage you.

Also I typically only really bring out the machine gun for bosses and such, since it tends to shred 'em nicely.

I fucked around and got a Black Armory machine gun

and dang but machine guns are fun as hell to shoot

The hammerhead is so good. You can basically treat it like an autofire scout rifle, getting medium/long range single bullet headshot kills.

It's not quite as slow and oomfy as raid LMG from Destiny 1, but still really good.

steam_sig.png
    I’m currently wondering if it’s worth trying to finish the Eriana’s Vow exotic quest before the season ends.

Then again I love watching numbers go up so I’ll probably give it a shot. Since it gets extra progress in Iron Banner maybe I’ll dick around with that for a bit.

Do you have to get the Eriana catalyst before the season ends?

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Do you have to get the Eriana catalyst before the season ends?

I don't think you have to complete the catalyst, but if you no longer get the rate bonus from the seasonal rewards, it will take a million years to finish up.

steam_sig.png
    Ha. Yeah. That ain't happening. I'm at like 4%

edited December 2019
    I hope that when the season ends they patch it to speed it up. Even with the rate bonuses it takes way too long compared to other catalysts. If you assume 5 minute PvP matches, or strikes (really fast for strikes) that's 500 minutes, or 8ish hours of using that gun. And that's not counting loading screens, or the fact that for PvP or nightfalls you might really rather use a more appropriate gun, or exotic.
    Compare to RiskRunner, which you can complete in 2-4 forge runs in that dredge forge, or 15 - 30 minutes of Altar of Sorrow.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    I’m at 9%, though granted I haven’t used it too much.

Also whose fucking idea was it to lock Iron Banner engrams behind completing their doofy-ass quest?!? I don’t like pulse rifles!

I don't even like Eriana's Vow that much. It fits all the things I just said I like but it kicks like a damn mule and doesn't hold nearly enough bullets

This discussion has been closed.