As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hey question
    I have a slot for "auras" but it's locked and I've never seen anything in game telling me what those are or where I might get them
    What the hell is that

Complete the prestige nightfall or raid to get an aura.

It’s basically just a glowy blue or fire crown that is above your characters head.

Also it resets every week.

Nothing. Matters.
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I wish there was a way yo easily see in the vault that I have five of the same gun

https://app.destinyitemmanager.com

Search for "is:dupe" or "is:dupelower"

Hm that is neat

Thank you!

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If you go flawless in Trials you get an aura as well.

They did say that there would be Iron Banner specific loot that you could buy from Saladin, instead of relying on the token RNG. I don't know if they said the same for any other vendor or game mode.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I want an ability to pay shards or something to merge two ghosts together and let me pick which two abilities transfer over. I got too many ghosts with one good thing and one trash.

Also no one in the PA clan has done the raid this week. I want my free engram!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    2 people wanna do the prestige Nightfall?

• PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    @Kadith sorry im gonna go ahead and drop out for tonight. Seems we werent gonna quite get there with the numbers either way.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hmm

Not digging Sweet Business

I hate the way if feels aiming down the sights and the reload time is too killer

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Yeah the sweet business is not a gun for me

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    100 bullets

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    100 bullets

More than enough to kill anything that moves

(Except shielded enemies, I guess)

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Think some of this adventure dialogue is out of sequence. There was just a line saying something like “The Red Legion is shook after you defeated Gall” and I’m like “ummm pretty sure I haven’t done that yet”.

Geez, game... SPOILERS.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Think some of this adventure dialogue is out of sequence. There was just a line saying something like “The Red Legion is shook after you defeated Gall” and I’m like “ummm pretty sure I haven’t done that yet”.

Geez, game... SPOILERS.
    Hit 20 before finishing the story?

cB557 wrote: »

Geez, game... SPOILERS.

Oh well before. I hit 20 before Io. But anyway, story is now complete.

cB557 wrote: »

Geez, game... SPOILERS.

Man I hit 20 on Titan The first time through the game

edited October 2017
    Hmmm. Endgame spoilers?
    I am now very much not on the farm, but I guess this is my new hub. There are factions here that it looks like I should be able to join, but I don’t have the option. Is it a power level thing (I’m 245)? Can I join all of them or is it limited to one?

Ceno on
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Hmmm. Endgame spoilers?
    I am now very much not on the farm, but I guess this is my new hub. There are factions here that it looks like I should be able to join, but I don’t have the option. Is it a power level thing (I’m 245)? Can I join all of them or is it limited to one?
    You've missed the faction sign up. It was a limited event from the other week. It'll be back some time but for now you can safely ignore them.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Faction joining, as well as several other things, is per-character, so you might want to get around to running to other characters through the story eventually as well.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Sweet Business is possibly the funnest gun in the game
    Did my second strike tonight and it was... the same as the first. Are there multiple strikes or does it rotate out weekly?

Bought that gun, seems pretty cool, but I went back to using Sunshot with a really good purple auto rifle (something starting with an O, I think, I can’t remember). Now that I seemed to have moved closer to endgame, I’m having more fun with it. I see the loop more clearly now than I did during the grind to 20. I have one or two more story missions to do, but I’m intent on clearing out adventures before I do.

Are strikes the best way to get exotics if you’re not raid-capable? I’m power level 235.

I am really vascilating about this same call right now. I have lucky pants with Sunshot or Sweet Business and my bird mask whose name I forget. Can't make up my mind which is better.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    @Ceno I would say the best ways to get exotics are public events (exotics can drop from the chests, higher chance from Heroic versions maybe?) and powerful engrams.
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Sweet Business is possibly the funnest gun in the game
    Did my second strike tonight and it was... the same as the first. Are there multiple strikes or does it rotate out weekly?

Bought that gun, seems pretty cool, but I went back to using Sunshot with a really good purple auto rifle (something starting with an O, I think, I can’t remember). Now that I seemed to have moved closer to endgame, I’m having more fun with it. I see the loop more clearly now than I did during the grind to 20. I have one or two more story missions to do, but I’m intent on clearing out adventures before I do.

Are strikes the best way to get exotics if you’re not raid-capable? I’m power level 235.

I am really vascilating about this same call right now. I have lucky pants with Sunshot or Sweet Business and my bird mask whose name I forget. Can't make up my mind which is better.

I don't think Lucky Pants are really that good in general tbh. A dual HC build with them is definitely fun but I just don't think they add enough benefit in pve as to be worth a slot, especially ahead of Nighthawk which is a flat DPS increase for you super.
    However Nighthawk generally isn't worth wearing until you're looking to put out big single target damage with your super so you might as well run the pants until that comes up.
    Like, assuming we're talking pve here, I'd probably run Sunshot+Pants until hitting a boss and then switch to SB+Nighthawk for the superior single target damage.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Very close to 300 total light right now.

Really need some high level auto rifles to infuse into my Origin Story and Uriel's Gift.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Engrams only drop from heroic events.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Phasen wrote: »

Are we still going this?

Sorry earlier I posted that I would not be able to tonight. Woulda flagged you down but only saw kadith was added as of 2pm est.

psn: PhasenWeeple
    Aw butts.

A bunch of randos joined the listing in the100

Is there a way to turn on heroic public events?

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    3 more days til PC

I can do... this

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    You have to activate them during the event

https://youtu.be/sxq5NrQvc2k

Is there a way to turn on heroic public events?

Each different event has a trigger, a thing you have to destroy or activate to make it into a heroic.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    @#pipe if you're looking to do a nightfall or raid i'm down to party

Are the recommended power levels that the game presents for different activities about right? It’s saying 240 for nightfall and I’m 253.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Are the recommended power levels that the game presents for different activities about right? It’s saying 240 for nightfall and I’m 253.

The in game listing is correct for everything but the Raid. In the case of the Raid, if you joined one at minimum Light Level, you'd be fine at the start, then overpowered as you progressed. For Nightfall, the enemies will all be at 240, so you're good now.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I completed my set of Warlock exotic armor this weekend with the Nezarec's Sin, and finally got around to completing the Sturm quest, which got me a 305 gun and pushed my total power to 301 with it equipped.

For weapons, I only need a Tractor Cannon. I don't have Rat King or Legend of Acrius either, but I'm thoroughly disinterested in their quest requirements, so I've pulled them off the list. For armor, my Hunter still needs a Celestial Nighthawk, Young Ahamkara's Spine, The Dragon's Shadow, Lucky Raspberry, and Orpehus Rig. My Titan still needs Mask of the Quiet One, Actium War Rig, Crest of Alpha Lupi, and Lion Rampant. My goal is to have a full set of exotics, discounting the two guns with especially obnoxious requirements, before Season 2.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'll tell you, if you want a rat king, it is VERY easy to get in the current nightfall. You could absolutely do it before reset.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Thanks, but I'll pass. I've tried Nightfall a couple times, and I did not have a good time at all. I really don't anticipate ever setting foot in one again.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Thanks, but I'll pass. I've tried Nightfall a couple times, and I did not have a good time at all. I really don't anticipate ever setting foot in one again.

This week's is "throw grenades constantly and occasionally super". It's pretty dang fun (and easy).

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    This weekend in raid adventures:
    -Calus repeatedly pulling the entire suck realm team over the barricade for no discernable reason.

-2nd suck phase of a really good run, one of the suck team member's 1 year old turns off his TV while toddlering around.

The second one had us all laughing for a couple minutes.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    Speaking of the Nightfall, some of y'all should get at me and do the prestige Nightfall this afternoon or evening!

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I'd be down to try it like now, rest of my day is pretty full though.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Augh I still need to do rat king, I got into that quest but I dunno if I’m at the point where I need to do a nightfall.

Either way @Ah_Pook I’ll be on in a few hours lookin to nightfall if you’re still around

This discussion has been closed.