Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Fighting] thread Arcade Edition featuring Cody from the Final Fight series.

19394969899101

Posts

  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY im alucard Registered User regular
    Speaking of DBFZ, anyone up for some matches tomorrow evening (EST)? I need someone who can help coach me out of green square hell.

    3715dce84e531295d5cf9e9c7b7c0b5c.png
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    I'm willing to try but I am still in matchmaking purgatory with dbz so dont hold your breath re: it working

    ALZff8o.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY im alucard Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Finding useful character guides seems so much more difficult than most games in DBFZ

    If I want to learn a Tekken character, there seem to be a plethora of good guides for each character, but actually learning new stuff for a FighterZ character that isn't Cell, Gohan, 16, or Goku Black feels like such a chore

    I'm over here doing 40-50% combos while even at my level in ranked I am getting destroyed by ToDs and disgusting resets, but none of them are for the characters I play other than Black, but I can't find a single worthwhile bit of info about SSGSS Vegeta without scrolling through twitter or praying for a single useful match on Rock the Dragon

    THESPOOKY on
    3715dce84e531295d5cf9e9c7b7c0b5c.png
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Finding useful character guides seems so much more difficult than most games in DBFZ

    If I want to learn a Tekken character, there seem to be a plethora of good guides for each character, but actually learning new stuff for a FighterZ character that isn't Cell, Gohan, 16, or Goku Black feels like such a chore

    I'm over here doing 40-50% combos while even at my level in ranked I am getting destroyed by ToDs and disgusting resets, but none of them are for the characters I play other than Black, but I can't find a single worthwhile bit of info about SSGSS Vegeta without scrolling through twitter or praying for a single useful match on Rock the Dragon

    Well, it's important to consider that DBFZ is a lot newer than those games. Tekken character guides have the benefit of largely being adapted from existing knowledge and previous versions of the characters.
    For Tekken 7 you can literally look at guides from T6 or TTT2 for those characters and it'd still probably be relevant.

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • DeMoNDeMoN Registered User regular
    Oh god so many rumors flying around.

    SRK put up an article about a bunch of rumors from a dude who got the Injustice 2 dlc right and was also right about broly and bardock.

    He's saying that someone told him French Bread is currently working on a Jojo game. We might actually be living in the best timeline.

    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    vagrant_winds
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    You have to play wait and bait in dbfz so much more than any other game.

    If I get a nappa knockdown in the corner and plant a monster, people will psychotically mash anything invincible to not deal with it. Ive actually never got to run my nappa corner dirt on another human because they all mash dp or super in the face of little green men

    Same with 16 hard knockdowns. People do not want to sit still and guess for that.

    Dragkonias
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Yeah at my current rank its hard to practice pressuring folks cause people just like...get hit by stuff.

    templewulfKreutz
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @THESPOOKY I need some game time, let me know the platform. Typically not available until 8 CST

  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    You have to play wait and bait in dbfz so much more than any other game.

    If I get a nappa knockdown in the corner and plant a monster, people will psychotically mash anything invincible to not deal with it. Ive actually never got to run my nappa corner dirt on another human because they all mash dp or super in the face of little green men

    Same with 16 hard knockdowns. People do not want to sit still and guess for that.

    I was going over to dustloop to see which moves had invincibility frames, and I discovered amazing commentary about the show built into the game mechanics:
    Ki Charge (L+S)
    Hold down to charge your Ki Gauge. Timer is paused while charging.

    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
    RadiusBahamutZEROKreutzStiltsThe Cow KingKwoaruDyvim TvarSCREECH OF THE FARGBurnageMoth 13Munkus BeaverReynolds
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    holy shit

    BahamutZERO.gif
    TransporterReynolds
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    What is the theoretical longest match possible in wall-clock time if the two players do nothing but Ki Charge and cinematic supers given a match timer of 300?
    I don't think it's possible to have a match longer than two Gohans doing just Ki Charge and the father/son kamehameha, but maybe somebody can prove me wrong!

    l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    if you're on PC SFV watch out for a bug on the airplane stage

    all game audio stopped about 3/4 through a match, and the game hardlocked at the next loading screen

  • ZxerolZxerol HOW MANY POUNDS IS CAT POOP Registered User regular
    Yo, if you missed that Tanukana v Yuyu match on Daigo's channel, you done fucked up son

    l_gBrolo
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I was slightly disappointed in that. I wanted it to go down to 9-9, final round, then have a Double KO. Two out of three is okay, I guess.

    SabreMau on
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Oh man that fucking Daigo Tokido match, especially afterwards...eSports™ camera directors...I understand the need to capture the drama and emotional moments, but leave a man his dignity. It feels so...exploitative the way they focus sometimes.

    iG3kv1d.png
    Brolo
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular


    for those who missed the set

    templewulf
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »


    for those who missed the set

    It was a good set, and the final scoreline didn't reflect how close each game was. Daigo clutched out so many rounds and games.

    God, the interview after though...WHILE THE WINNER WAS BEING INTERVIEWED, the camera zoomed in on the loser's face as he hung his head and was crying and then it just STAYED there for like 15 seconds. Even after they switched away from the camera during the interview, they made sure to keep loser's face in frame. It was super........I didn't like it. Even in real sports, yeah, of course the camera will show the emotion on people's faces, both in the crowd and on the pitch, but like, there's a difference between doing that, and literally KEEPING THE CAMERA THERE, even during the actual winner's interview. It was fuuuuucked.

    iG3kv1d.png
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Why was he crying? Were there any stakes?

    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

    Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Why was he crying? Were there any stakes?

    Nah, just pride and a lot of pressure.

  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    its much more painful to not make any mistakes, but still lose

  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    its much more painful to not make any mistakes, but still lose

    Poor Tokido

    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Every time I get frustrated and think about dropping Kid Buu I fight someone who doesn't know a damn thing about Kid Buu and go "I can wait for DLC characters"

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Whoops I think I play akumer in t7 now

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    So every Them's Fighting Herds stage has custom variants of the Stage BGM for each character, and then a second custom variant for each character's final round.





    That is the coolest way to do music in a fighting game I've ever seen.

    Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    templewulf
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    So every Them's Fighting Herds stage has custom variants of the Stage BGM for each character, and then a second custom variant for each character's final round.





    That is the coolest way to do music in a fighting game I've ever seen.

    The Super Best Friends Play video noted that even the character select screen music changes subtly depending on who is selected.

    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The music is going a long way toward making me want o give my copy of the game a try.

    Alpake Highlands is an amazing song.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Does DBFZ remind anyone else of Psychic Force 2012 on Dreamcast?

    Also, what's the name of that Japanese 2d anime fighter that has bullet hell projectiles and super dash? (Not Senko no ronde)

    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Radius wrote: »
    So every Them's Fighting Herds stage has custom variants of the Stage BGM for each character, and then a second custom variant for each character's final round.





    That is the coolest way to do music in a fighting game I've ever seen.

    Killer Instinct has some really cool gameplay driven soundtrack stuff, probably the coolest out of every fighting game. The music seamlessly changes depending on what's happening on in-game, in terms of who's moving around/hitting hit/hitting/low hp/what stage they're playing on, etc. That shit is super cool.

    Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
    Perrsuntemplewulf
  • Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »
    Does DBFZ remind anyone else of Psychic Force 2012 on Dreamcast?

    Also, what's the name of that Japanese 2d anime fighter that has bullet hell projectiles and super dash? (Not Senko no ronde)

    One of the touhou fighting games? Immaterial and Missing Power? Scarlet Weather Rhapsody?

    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Only problem there is that it doesn't have the super dash in the way that DBFZ does. It's more of a freely-controlled dash/flight than a homing attack.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    templewulf wrote: »
    Does DBFZ remind anyone else of Psychic Force 2012 on Dreamcast?

    Also, what's the name of that Japanese 2d anime fighter that has bullet hell projectiles and super dash? (Not Senko no ronde)

    One of the touhou fighting games? Immaterial and Missing Power? Scarlet Weather Rhapsody?

    You know, the touhou fighters look right. That's the one with homing dash that goes through projectiles, right?

    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't know the touhou fighters' mechanics at all but there's two groups of them, the older ones where they're on the ground like this




    and the newer ones where they are floating in the middle of the screen like this

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    None of them have a homing dash, but they all have a dash that goes through projectiles.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular


    Broly is a BIG BOY

  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY im alucard Registered User regular
    HELL YEAH TIME TO TRAIN DBFZ FOR FINAL ROUND!!

    OOPS I BOUGHT FFXV!!!!! I'M DUMB!!!

    3715dce84e531295d5cf9e9c7b7c0b5c.png
    BahamutZERO
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    See, the key difference is that i don't like the Killer Instinct music.

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.