Options

Donald Trump Attacks [The US Military]... Again

2456740

Posts

  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Trump couldn't remember her husband's *name*? Presumably he had a "crib sheet" in front of him for the phone calls - including details like soldier's name, hometown, wife's name, kids, circumstances of death, etc. Guess he didn't read it.

  • Options
    knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    Guess he didn't read it.

    I think I found the problem.

  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    The conversations that go down at my VA every day have shifted dramatically since his inauguration. President Trump would do best to stay clear if he doesn't want an earful.

    HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    It’s insult to injury that the media has to call this grieving widow again and say, “Just to be clear, tell us again how the President insulted you? He’s a known liar and we have to keep checking these things.”

    ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    I swear this administration is trying to weaponize hypocrisy.

    They are. It's white power dick-waving. Reveling in the power to perpetrate the hypocrisy is very much intentional.

  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Trump couldn't remember her husband's *name*? Presumably he had a "crib sheet" in front of him for the phone calls - including details like soldier's name, hometown, wife's name, kids, circumstances of death, etc. Guess he didn't read it.

    It didn't say Trump enough times so he ignored it

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Trump couldn't remember her husband's *name*? Presumably he had a "crib sheet" in front of him for the phone calls - including details like soldier's name, hometown, wife's name, kids, circumstances of death, etc. Guess he didn't read it.

    He doesn't care. He's doing this because someone told him he has to.

    Also, the conversation might have occurred later in the day after he had begun sundowning.

  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).

  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Astaereth wrote: »
    It’s insult to injury that the media has to call this grieving widow again and say, “Just to be clear, tell us again how the President insulted you? He’s a known liar and we have to keep checking these things.”

    The media aren't exactly sensitive about such things. They are probably camping on her lawn and phoning her work.

  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).

    I think the media should directly portray him as a liar until he does.

  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).


    This doesn't even make a top 10 list of things he has promised proof for.

  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »


    Less than four hours later:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/
    Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post on Wednesday that she was in the car during the call from the White House and that "President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband."

    Jones-Johnson, speaking to The Post via Facebook Messenger, declined to elaborate.

    But asked whether Wilson's account of the conversation between Trump and the family was accurate, she replied: "Yes."
    He has no understanding of how to act. Even an ordinary person should have some gut level instinct on how to handle this.

    Wilson is saying Johnson's mother said Trump did not remember Johnson's name.
    Wilson told MSNBC on Wednesday that Johnson's widow, Myeshia, was shaken by the exchange.

    “She was crying the whole time, and when she hung up the phone, she looked at me and said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ That’s the hurting part.”

    ....it would have literally been in front of the fucker. Like everybody understands they hand the president a brief memo on the soldier who was killed so he (appear) to be a caring human individual. Apparently that memo didn't mention Trump enough for him to fucking read it while on the phone with the lady.

    What a fucking dick head.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).

    He's done this before, and nothing came of it.

    Remember his tapes of his meetings with Comey?

  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    I swear this administration is trying to weaponize hypocrisy.

    They are. It's white power dick-waving. Reveling in the power to perpetrate the hypocrisy is very much intentional.

    I really, really, really think this is true in some way, whether directly or not. A big part of what's going on is them demonstrating that we are literally powerless to stop this shit. It's been going on for months to brazen levels where I imagine over half the country DOES figure he has both alzheimers AND is a sociopath. And yet we have no power to do anything about it. At all.

    So when he says, 'That's a lie and I have proof." I don't think he thinks he has proof. I think he knows he can say that and... that's it. What're we going to do about it?

    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    We should make future Presidents sign a prenup.

    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    I swear this administration is trying to weaponize hypocrisy.

    They are. It's white power dick-waving. Reveling in the power to perpetrate the hypocrisy is very much intentional.

    I really, really, really think this is true in some way, whether directly or not. A big part of what's going on is them demonstrating that we are literally powerless to stop this shit. It's been going on for months to brazen levels where I imagine over half the country DOES figure he has both alzheimers AND is a sociopath. And yet we have no power to do anything about it. At all.

    So when he says, 'That's a lie and I have proof." I don't think he thinks he has proof. I think he knows he can say that and... that's it. What're we going to do about it?

    It extends the story, which means more time for it to seep in, and more time for it to penetrate the collective consciousness, as well as more time spent in the news needling him.

    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    I swear this administration is trying to weaponize hypocrisy.

    They are. It's white power dick-waving. Reveling in the power to perpetrate the hypocrisy is very much intentional.

    I really, really, really think this is true in some way, whether directly or not. A big part of what's going on is them demonstrating that we are literally powerless to stop this shit. It's been going on for months to brazen levels where I imagine over half the country DOES figure he has both alzheimers AND is a sociopath. And yet we have no power to do anything about it. At all.

    So when he says, 'That's a lie and I have proof." I don't think he thinks he has proof. I think he knows he can say that and... that's it. What're we going to do about it?

    Yep. Because he is a eugenicist alongside all the other things.

    He believes that Donald Trump is a born winner because it's in his genes, and that all politicians lie but his lies will always pay off because he is a winner and they aren't.

    It's also why he keeps picking fights with gold star families who don't genuflect to him. He is bristling at their inferiority.

  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I don't know if my mental and physical health are going to be able to make it to 2020 with this rotten piece of fuck as president...

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-trump-purple-heart-george-bush-perspec-20160803-story.html

    Could you imagine Trump doing ANY of these things?

    There is a dignity at taking abuse from the loved ones of people that have been hurt by your decisions....

    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).

    He's done this before, and nothing came of it.

    Remember his tapes of his meetings with Comey?

    Tax returns, health report...

  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Disco11 wrote: »
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-trump-purple-heart-george-bush-perspec-20160803-story.html

    Could you imagine Trump doing ANY of these things?

    There is a dignity at taking abuse from the loved ones of people that have been hurt by your decisions....

    I can't imagine GWB doing those things either. Except in a movie that Perino seems to be writing in that article.

  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).

    He's done this before, and nothing came of it.

    Remember his tapes of his meetings with Comey?

    Tax returns, health report...

    Obama being born in Kenya

  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).

    He's done this before, and nothing came of it.

    Remember his tapes of his meetings with Comey?

    Did he ever actually say he had tapes there, or just imply It?

    And yeah, he's fallen through on claims of proof before. I still want the media to call the bluff every time. Maybe create an infographic about all of the instances.

  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).

    He's done this before, and nothing came of it.

    Remember his tapes of his meetings with Comey?

    Tax returns, health report...

    Obama being born in Kenya

    Obama having Trump wire-tapped.

    There is no end to the lies he's told that the media has just moved on from.

  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    At this point he really should just be titled as president and known liar. What's he going do? Sue for slander? You get right on that Donny, I'll wait.

    In the meantime, good on Wilson for sticking up for her constituent and the military. It's rough to do in the current political climate (amazingly) but it's the right thing and that's what counts.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).

    He's done this before, and nothing came of it.

    Remember his tapes of his meetings with Comey?

    Did he ever actually say he had tapes there, or just imply It?

    And yeah, he's fallen through on claims of proof before. I still want the media to call the bluff every time. Maybe create an infographic about all of the instances.

    He implied it with Comey because “he better hope their aren’t tapes” but I believe he said he had proof that Obama tapped his phones at Trump tower.

  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).

    He's done this before, and nothing came of it.

    Remember his tapes of his meetings with Comey?

    Did he ever actually say he had tapes there, or just imply It?

    And yeah, he's fallen through on claims of proof before. I still want the media to call the bluff every time. Maybe create an infographic about all of the instances.

    Pretty sure John Oliver could fill his half hour with that bit (and probably go well over), but it would be nice to see it coming from media that Trump actually acknowledges.

  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    At this point he really should just be titled as president and known liar. What's he going do? Sue for slander? You get right on that Donny, I'll wait.

    In the meantime, good on Wilson for sticking up for her constituent and the military. It's rough to do in the current political climate (amazingly) but it's the right thing and that's what counts.

    Wilson?

  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Trump couldn't remember her husband's *name*? Presumably he had a "crib sheet" in front of him for the phone calls - including details like soldier's name, hometown, wife's name, kids, circumstances of death, etc. Guess he didn't read it.

    He doesn't care. He's doing this because someone told him he has to.

    Also, the conversation might have occurred later in the day after he had begun sundowning.

    If anything when people force him to do things he intentionally does a bad job out of spite

  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    At this point he really should just be titled as president and known liar. What's he going do? Sue for slander? You get right on that Donny, I'll wait.

    In the meantime, good on Wilson for sticking up for her constituent and the military. It's rough to do in the current political climate (amazingly) but it's the right thing and that's what counts.

    Wilson?

    Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-FL).

  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »


    Less than four hours later:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/
    Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post on Wednesday that she was in the car during the call from the White House and that "President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband."

    Jones-Johnson, speaking to The Post via Facebook Messenger, declined to elaborate.

    But asked whether Wilson's account of the conversation between Trump and the family was accurate, she replied: "Yes."
    He has no understanding of how to act. Even an ordinary person should have some gut level instinct on how to handle this.

    Wilson is saying Johnson's mother said Trump did not remember Johnson's name.
    Wilson told MSNBC on Wednesday that Johnson's widow, Myeshia, was shaken by the exchange.

    “She was crying the whole time, and when she hung up the phone, she looked at me and said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ That’s the hurting part.”

    Come on, go easy on him: he clearly has dementia.

  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    He said he had proof that the story was false. I want every media person to hound this administration until they produce the proof or admit Trump is a liar (and when the latter happens, continue to harp on that).

    He's done this before, and nothing came of it.

    Remember his tapes of his meetings with Comey?

    Did he ever actually say he had tapes there, or just imply It?

    And yeah, he's fallen through on claims of proof before. I still want the media to call the bluff every time. Maybe create an infographic about all of the instances.

    He implied it with Comey because “he better hope their aren’t tapes” but I believe he said he had proof that Obama tapped his phones at Trump tower.

    The obvious implication was that Trump himself had the meeting recorded. When called on this bluff, Trump then implies that tapes would exist because Obama had him wire-tapped.

    It's just what Trump does: when caught in a lie, revise the lie. You never, ever admit you lied.

  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »


    Less than four hours later:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/
    Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post on Wednesday that she was in the car during the call from the White House and that "President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband."

    Jones-Johnson, speaking to The Post via Facebook Messenger, declined to elaborate.

    But asked whether Wilson's account of the conversation between Trump and the family was accurate, she replied: "Yes."
    He has no understanding of how to act. Even an ordinary person should have some gut level instinct on how to handle this.

    Wilson is saying Johnson's mother said Trump did not remember Johnson's name.
    Wilson told MSNBC on Wednesday that Johnson's widow, Myeshia, was shaken by the exchange.

    “She was crying the whole time, and when she hung up the phone, she looked at me and said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ That’s the hurting part.”

    Come on, go easy on him: he clearly has dementia.

    Even the senile can remember names if they are written down in front of them.

  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    It turns out that Trump's claim that he, unlike past presidents, made sure to call or send a letter to all killed soldiers... That too, is a bald faced lie.
    After her Army son died in an armored vehicle rollover in Syria in May, Sheila Murphy says, she got no call or letter from President Donald Trump, even as she waited months for his condolences, wrote to him to say “some days I don’t want to live,” and still heard nothing.
    ...
    He placed himself at the top of this pantheon, boasting Tuesday that “I think I’ve called every family of someone who’s died” while past presidents didn’t place such calls.

    But The Associated Press found relatives of two soldiers who died overseas during Trump’s presidency who said they never received a call or a letter from him, as well as relatives of a third who did not get a call. And proof is plentiful that Barack Obama and George W. Bush — saddled with far more combat casualties than the roughly two dozen so far under Trump, took painstaking steps to write, call or meet bereaved military families.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/despite-claims-trump-didnt-call-relatives-least-three-soldiers-killed

    He really is incapable of telling the truth about even the smallest things.

    ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    shryke wrote: »
    Disco11 wrote: »
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-trump-purple-heart-george-bush-perspec-20160803-story.html

    Could you imagine Trump doing ANY of these things?

    There is a dignity at taking abuse from the loved ones of people that have been hurt by your decisions....

    I can't imagine GWB doing those things either. Except in a movie that Perino seems to be writing in that article.

    Dubuya was inept and destructive in oh-so-many ways, but his face-to-face respect for military families really wasn't one of them. Outside of his bonkers habit of being too familiar with people's personal space, especially women, he generally was a nice guy when he went out on photo ops.

    Then, hours later, he would sign whatever monstrosity Cheney put in front of him making life worse for those he saw hours before and cried with. But during the visit he absolutely did the sort of stuff in that article.

    Enc on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i can't even be indignant or angry or have any emotion about this.

    i just feel incredibly tired.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    It turns out that Trump's claim that he, unlike past presidents, made sure to call or send a letter to all killed soldiers... That too, is a bald faced lie.
    After her Army son died in an armored vehicle rollover in Syria in May, Sheila Murphy says, she got no call or letter from President Donald Trump, even as she waited months for his condolences, wrote to him to say “some days I don’t want to live,” and still heard nothing.
    ...
    He placed himself at the top of this pantheon, boasting Tuesday that “I think I’ve called every family of someone who’s died” while past presidents didn’t place such calls.

    But The Associated Press found relatives of two soldiers who died overseas during Trump’s presidency who said they never received a call or a letter from him, as well as relatives of a third who did not get a call. And proof is plentiful that Barack Obama and George W. Bush — saddled with far more combat casualties than the roughly two dozen so far under Trump, took painstaking steps to write, call or meet bereaved military families.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/despite-claims-trump-didnt-call-relatives-least-three-soldiers-killed

    He really is incapable of telling the truth about even the smallest things.

    What a piece of human fucking garbage. Like not only did he lie about others, he lied about his own fucking behavior. And he'll get away with it because our fucking media.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/18/trump-fallen-soldier-widow-frederica-wilson-243899
    Trump, in a brief exchange with the White House press pool ahead of a meeting Wednesday, remained insistent that Wilson had fabricated her account, twice repeating to reporters "let her make her statement again and then you’ll find out."

    "Didn't say what that congresswoman said. Didn't say it at all. She knows it. And she now is not saying it. I did not say what she said. And I'd like her to make the statement again because I did not say what she said," Trump explained. "I had a very nice conversation with the woman, with the wife who sounded like a lovely woman. Did not say what the congresswoman said and most people aren't too surprised to hear that."
    He has not only has no proof, but he looks like he is going back to the lying about other people recanting well.

  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i can't even be indignant or angry or have any emotion about this.

    i just feel incredibly tired.

    As a vet, on the one hand it's kind of refreshing for the public to see how a lot of politicians actually somewhat treat veterans.

    On the other hand, this is beyond the pale and nobody will care in a week as is the usual for vets issues.

This discussion has been closed.