Options

[GT Sport] More comfortable than sitting in an actual supercar. Out now!

LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild ChairmanIn the ShadowsRegistered User regular
edited October 2017 in Games and Technology
How are we not talking about this yet?
file_13857_GTSport01.jpg

Gran Tourismo Sport is the next installment of the venerable racing franchise. Known for its gritty realism, the GT line has been a staple of PlayStation's exclusives for years and it is finally back!

And it is gorgeous:
GTSport_Feat.jpg
Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_12-03-16_166-638x359.jpg
gtsport_desert.jpg

As stated, GT is known for its realism in the simulation and Sport is no different. In fact, it is so real you can earn an actual FIA racing license with the game. Thats right, this is the only game that let's become a real racecar driver for reals.

Having said that, this game has a ...robust... online requirement. To be blunt, the game is completely hamstrung if you play offline. That will probably bother a few people.

Anyway, this is a pretty great racing game! It also has a spectacular photo mode that allows you to superimpose your car over actual photos with surprising results:
6Qoen0

Did I mention there is a VR mode? No? Well there is.

Note: this is a "starter" OP. I'll improve it soon!

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
LutExIV on

• Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    Reserved for future shenanigans.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I have never enjoyed any of the other racing franchises, and I didn't play GT6, so I was really hesitant to pick this up. Racing games just aren't my thing.

But of course I eventually pulled the trigger, and when I sat down and started playing, the old Turismo joy came back instantly. It felt exactly like all the GT games I've played and loved, just much prettier. I don't know what it is about GT games but they feel great. Plus they gave me a WRX right off the bat. Well played.

9 hours later I completed the driving school, and a bunch of the missions, so I think it's pretty safe to say I'm hooked. Again.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    So very tempting. My biggest regret about going to playstation from Xbox was losing Forza. (but bloodborne + naughty dog more than make up for it)

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Sweet merciful crap this game is somehow so under the radar it's scraping stalactites. How did this happen?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I think part of it is how different a GT game this is compared to the rest of the series. It's really geared toward people who want an online racing sim, and there's a lot of very obvious esport aspirations as well. There's still enough production models to make me happy, but far fewer than previous installments. There's a ton of race cars though if that's your thing.

So far the online racing is really fun, and it still has all the customization I'll ever need. The bottom line is it still feels great so I'll have fun for a long time. I'm not holding my breath for more cars.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    It feels great. I still haven't finished driving school (I keep at them until I gold them) but the few races I have played are really good.
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Sweet merciful crap this game is somehow so under the radar it's scraping stalactites. How did this happen?

IDK! I searched twice when I made the thread, sure that one already existed.

LutExIV on
  • Options
    I keep getting docked SR when people ram me, so my new plan is to just qualify as high as I can and either hang at the front if I place high, or wait for everybody to spin out on the first turn if I place poorly.

People have assured me it's easy to get into a matchmaking category of people with brains if you just drive carefully for a while. I reaaaaallllly hope they're right.

• Options
    Hey so does anybody want to race? The organized events are actually cool but I'd love to blast around the Tokyo expressway or something for funsies. Let me know, I'm thewheelz on PSN

• Options
    I wouldn't mind a race sometime... gotta actually play the damn game from time to time!