As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Narwhal just does as he's told [chat]

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am about to go to a Public Service Broadcasting gig. I am culturally virile.

• Options
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Spoilers for really sad
    I’m at lunch and there’s an old couple. Fairly sure the wife has dementia. Husband keeps trying to guide her, honey you need to use a spoon for that. Please, take off your jacket. You’re sweating dear, can I help you take your jacket off? And she’s kind of muttering and vacant-staring. And occasionally he snaps a command in frustration and then apologizes to her and holds her hand

Well

It’s fine

I never wanted to be happy ever again anyways

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    https://youtu.be/hc--UKwxUV4

@Evil Multifarious @Sir Landshark did this week’s prestige on the second attempt. Look at the time remaining on bottom right as we beat it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Spoilers for really sad
    I’m at lunch and there’s an old couple. Fairly sure the wife has dementia. Husband keeps trying to guide her, honey you need to use a spoon for that. Please, take off your jacket. You’re sweating dear, can I help you take your jacket off? And she’s kind of muttering and vacant-staring. And occasionally he snaps a command in frustration and then apologizes to her and holds her hand

Well

It’s fine

Querry's grandmother recently died of Alzheimer's, and I went down to visit with her and her father the last time she did. Similarly, her other grandmother has slowly progressing dementia, and her grandfather is very good to her, but he's not a superhero. All of every bit of that is harrowing.

• Options
    In fact Claudia is on my TV right now in a blousy white shirt and what may be an untied tie or loose braces. Plus that amazing fringe.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I don't want to get out of bed :/

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Spoilers for really sad

Well

It’s fine

How beautiful though that one human could care for another that much, to try to take care of them in those circumstances

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    13ytau5ocwhi.jpg

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Spoilers for really sad

Well

It’s fine

Focus on the fact that such love exists that the husband has stayed with her to try and help and now I'm crying into my cherry perry

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    til my neighbor has a three month old staffie puppy and now I want one too

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I think I want to marry Claudia Winkleman

When told that a man actually wrote a 10,000 word novel out of a mnemonic for the first 10,000 digits of pi, she said "Is he in the audience? I'd like to mount him."

Well the bar has been set

You must surpass that man

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    That’s a precipitous drop for one decade.

FT_17.10.16_adoption_decline.png

I knew the Russia story, but apparently domestic laws are tightening up everywhere where Americans used to adopt internationally.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    There were a total of 89 outgoing adoptions from the U.S. in 2016. Canada adopted 39 American children, followed by the Netherlands (25) and Ireland (13).

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I've heard you can chart data to say whatever you want it to say. Maybe the gate to the baby dimension closed in 2008.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Patience is a virtue.
    bACLEdPl.jpg

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    A friend of the family adopted a baby boy from Guatemala about 10 years ago. I've wanted to ask them if they're sure they weren't involved in any of the scandals that cause Guatemala to shut everything down but that would be kind of rude.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Work is distributing new laptops

With each laptop you obviously get a power cable, but they also can use these hub/dock things with an integrated usb hub and extra video out that have been set up on the hot desks (the idea being that if using a hub/dock, you don't use the laptop's power cable, the laptop instead draws power from the dock through the single multi-cable that extends the usb and video connections)

The hub/dock itself has a power cable which has the same physical connector as the laptop power cable, but delivers a much higher voltage

According to this strongly worded email from IT, we're at four fried laptops so far

@japan

What brand are these laptops?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

@Duke 2.0 Fucking major kudos to you for intervening!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I think I want to marry Claudia Winkleman

When told that a man actually wrote a 10,000 word novel out of a mnemonic for the first 10,000 digits of pi, she said "Is he in the audience? I'd like to mount him."

Well the bar has been set

You must surpass that man

Just add a five word epilogue to that guy's novel and call it your own.

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    I've heard you can chart data to say whatever you want it to say. Maybe the gate to the baby dimension closed in 2008.

Aka "the baby gate"

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Did SNES classic fix bugs? Like will my evade or sketch work in FF3?

• Options
    Also how did that man's mnemonic pi novel deal with The Forbidden Five? Was that section censored by the ministry or did he just skip over it like a coward?

• Options
    The investigation into who closed the baby gate continues.

Babygategate

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Well life continues to pile the shit on me

It's getting comical at this point

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Also how did that man's mnemonic pi novel deal with The Forbidden Five? Was that section censored by the ministry or did he just skip over it like a coward?

What's the forbidden five?

Google does nothing

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Did SNES classic fix bugs? Like will my evade or sketch work in FF3?

Na they are just Rom dumps all that stuff should work

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Google does nothing
    I think he just made it up. Can you believe someone would post incorrect information in chat? What a psycho

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Well life continues to pile the shit on me

It's getting comical at this point

:bro:

I know that feeling

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options

With each laptop you obviously get a power cable, but they also can use these hub/dock things with an integrated usb hub and extra video out that have been set up on the hot desks (the idea being that if using a hub/dock, you don't use the laptop's power cable, the laptop instead draws power from the dock through the single multi-cable that extends the usb and video connections)

The hub/dock itself has a power cable which has the same physical connector as the laptop power cable, but delivers a much higher voltage

According to this strongly worded email from IT, we're at four fried laptops so far

japan

Dell. Mine is a Latitude 5580, so i assume the others are as well.

I think the docks are TB16s, from a cursory look on the Dell website.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    did @elki ever tell us what was off in that picture of assorted containers

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    My voice is shot from singing all night. There were around a dozen or so people for this birthday celebration. We started at a bar called The Grand Tavern, which had this neat long-table and throne at the end. We joked that the throne was CURSED. Eventually, the night progressed, and we ended up at this dive bar called The Alley, which had a piano bar, an affable fellow playing the keys, and several mics. The mics are passed around the piano clockwise, and everyone gets a turn to sing. I ended up pretty much ignoring my friends and singing at the piano bar all night. All of the songs were 1940s-1960s standards, which vexed my millennial friends and made me feel rather old for knowing them (even though I wasn't even born in that era!). It seemed exactly my wavelength.

Also, sat next to and chatted with a cute girl at the piano bar, and we talked about music. She has pretty good pipes and sang Patsy Cline and Etta James. Also, she was dressed in the glasses + long hair look that I find incredibly attractive. I had more chemistry with her than I had with my actual date two nights ago. We exchanged Facebook friend requests at the end of the evening (midnight, ugh). She's probably half my age or something.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Although looking at the spec sheets, the DC voltage from this laptop supply and that required by the dock are the same...

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    spool32 wrote: »
    THE TAUNTING LOLOL

TILT FAKER, FK IT LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS

oh so

what happens when you tilt Faker is he goes 4-0 in the early game and singlehandedly saves his team a half dozen times, so much so that even when you catch him 1v3 and you have baron, you still ult on him just to be sure he's dead.

spool32 on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    XCOM2, streaming later, @ me if you wanna be a soldier. I don't know how to make people start as certain classes because then they can't show up as rookies. So everyone's a rookie but I'll try to take preferences into account where possible. Got a decent list built now though, should be enough soldiers to get us to the point where sectopods dissect us all.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    @SniperGuy
    Hello
    Yes
    I would like to be meat for the grinder, please.

• Options

japan

Hmmmmm

Weird

I know from experience that Dell adapters downregulate.

Not sure what to make of this.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Google does nothing
    I think he just made it up. Can you believe someone would post incorrect information in chat? What a psycho

This is both libelous and hurtful. I did not make it up.
    Bogart did. My post to start, and then Bogart's posts in particular on this page and the finale with Fuzzy on the next one. https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38259280/#Comment_38259280

For some reason it was the funniest thing in the world to me and I still think about it and chuckle.

• Options
    SniperGuy make me a soldier. My preference that I'd like you to take into account is to kill all the aliens but never get hurt.

• Options

japan

Hmmmmm

Weird

I know from experience that Dell adapters downregulate.

Not sure what to make of this.

The thought occurs to me that they may be trying to keep people from nicking the DC adapters from the docks

For an office full of mobile workers, it is weird how many people don't carry them around

This discussion has been closed.