As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

mister police. you could have saved her. I gave you all the [MOVIES]

• TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    The baby in American Sniper was a prop, not special effects. Maybe you could say its badness was the complete lack of special effects, though!

Tenzytile on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    They special effects a baby? Were we short on babies that month?

No, it was a doll. And it's blatantly obvious that it's a doll when you watch the scene.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You're thinking of Twilight

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    You're thinking of Twilight

And that's a damn shame. No-one should ever think of Twilight.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    just popping in here to say that all these revelations about the snowman have only made me wanna see it more

so i am

on saturday

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    bp5dpap41lb9.jpg

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    ...not nearly as cute as Elora Yogurt.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The Twilight baby is a delight and that scene with it and Jacob is the best part of the fourth movie

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Is that the same baby prop from mother!

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Variety wrote:
    The “Inglourious Basterds” director said that although he was aware of those instances, he didn’t put them together into an overall pattern of behavior by Weinstein, and continued to make films with him — which Tarantino said he now regrets.

“What I did was marginalize the incidents,” he recalled. “Anything I say now will sound like a crappy excuse.”

he's not wrong!

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Is that the same baby prop from mother!

This is a joke based on how bad the actress Kristen Stewart is in the movie series twilight

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    They special effects a baby? Were we short on babies that month?

Apparently, the real baby they had hired was sick, and the back-up baby was a no-show. Eastwood had them use the dummy, and apparently Eastwood isn't a fan of using CGI.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    the more of will forte I see, the less I like him

Are you sure on that?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m-m7mBSw-5k

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    I want to post the pic of the face Jacob gives that baby but if both of those pics are on the same page it breaks 11 laws.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    This is a quality pun. And I hate puns.

dyivxcj5l8gy.jpg

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I just finished watching Raw

Very good, although I found the gore to be significantly less than I was expecting

Like, that's not really a bad thing, it's just from all of the stories of people throwing up and passing out at screenings, I expected worse

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    What's the purpose of making that kind of directorial/editing choice?

I mean, yeah, some studio goose probably made it happen, but...

to what end?

what's the meaning of this?

Like... Val Kilmer is a Good Actor

what does it mean?

one of those articles mentioned Kilmer said at some point during production that he was "healing from cancer," and maybe it was interfering with his speech maybe?

well he was talking like this about a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JVj_oqPdI8

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Tenzytile wrote: »
    The baby in American Sniper was a prop, not special effects. Maybe you could say its badness was the complete lack of special effects, though!

I will never see American Sniper because while in Iraq when someone brought up his name or the things he did while there someone would say
    He's an asshole and several others would agree with him. I only remembered this because when the ads for the movie came out it came back to me. I had totally blocked out a lot of stuff that happened while there {trust me it's bonkers and would make a very unfun horror movie}
    Two it brings back like I said things I wish not to remember

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    The Twilight baby is a delight and that scene with it and Jacob is the best part of the fourth movie

"Someday I'm gonna fuck that baby."

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Tenzytile wrote: »

I will never see American Sniper because while in Iraq when someone brought up his name or the things he did while there someone would say
    He's an asshole and several others would agree with him. I only remembered this because when the ads for the movie came out it came back to me. I had totally blocked out a lot of stuff that happened while there {trust me it's bonkers and would make a very unfun horror movie}
    Two it brings back like I said things I wish not to remember

That guy was a piece of shit and no one should watch a movie that lionises him. True human garbage.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey horror movie buffs

Are there any examples of say, a slasher movie, where the killer starts in on some group of victims and it turns out one or more of them are actually like, really competent and dangerous, and all of a sudden the killer is the one on the run? A reversal like that?

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hey horror movie buffs

Are there any examples of say, a slasher movie, where the killer starts in on some group of victims and it turns out one or more of them are actually like, really competent and dangerous, and all of a sudden the killer is the one on the run? A reversal like that?

Predator?

Well, you ain't wrong

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Hey horror movie buffs

Don't Breathe has that style of reversal, but the (initially portrayed as) bad guys are thieves rather than killers

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Hard Candy?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hey horror movie buffs

Death Proof

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Hey horror movie buffs

Don't Breathe has that style of reversal, but the (initially portrayed as) bad guys are thieves rather than killers

And it turns unfortunately gross by the end.

Hey horror movie buffs

You're next?

Man I guess I gotta watch You're Next eventually, huh

Yes. You should.

You're Next was gonna be my number one pick for that too

I feel like there was a movie called something like Final Girl with that gimmick but I didn't get through it.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I still can't remember the difference between final girl and final girls

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I still can't remember the difference between final girl and final girls

Final Girl is bad

Final Girls is good

Nah watch the remake Your Next

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I prefer the spinoffs their/there/they're next

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Final Girls is a underrated gem. I definitely recommend that if you're in the mood for a less serious horror flick.

You're Next is one of my favourite movies of all time and that director has only just run out his credit after a really underwhelming run.

My only critique is that they gave the heroine an explanation for being badass that seemed unnecessary when the answer could have been "is Australian"

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Ok, ok, even more sold on Geostorm with alcohol.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Youre next is VERY good.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.