As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

mister police. you could have saved her. I gave you all the [MOVIES]

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Steven DeKnight says that there have been "a lot" of discussions about crossing Pacific Rim into the Kong/Godzilla MonsterVerse and while it isn't a sure thing he says it "could happen" and that as a fan he would love to see it.

God yes

Have them bring in Good Kaiju to fight the Bad Kaiju and pull in Godzilla and Kong through a breach

CYpGAPn.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hey horror movie buffs

Are there any examples of say, a slasher movie, where the killer starts in on some group of victims and it turns out one or more of them are actually like, really competent and dangerous, and all of a sudden the killer is the one on the run? A reversal like that?

It's only an approximate match, but The Perfect Host is somewhat along those lines.

I wanted to love that movie but it really shits the bed

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Now I'm watching Baby Driver

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Hey horror movie buffs

Are there any examples of say, a slasher movie, where the killer starts in on some group of victims and it turns out one or more of them are actually like, really competent and dangerous, and all of a sudden the killer is the one on the run? A reversal like that?

It's only an approximate match, but The Perfect Host is somewhat along those lines.

I wanted to love that movie but it really shits the bed

I was confuse-cited until about halfway through, from what I recall, and then I was disappointed, but it's pretty close to what was asked for even if it really doesn't stick the landing.

Plus it's definitely a side of David Hyde Pierce you don't get to see much.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Still early in Baby Driver...

Driving scene at the beginning was pretty awesome.

Now I'm just kind of bored waiting for the next action scene.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i cannot unsee the choclety milk spider.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Steven DeKnight says that there have been "a lot" of discussions about crossing Pacific Rim into the Kong/Godzilla MonsterVerse and while it isn't a sure thing he says it "could happen" and that as a fan he would love to see it.

God yes

Have them bring in Good Kaiju to fight the Bad Kaiju and pull in Godzilla and Kong through a breach

If this happens it could seriously stand a chance of dethroning Destroy All Monsters as the ultimate kaiju movie. But only if it's really silly.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    My prediction for movie of the year twenty eighteen.

https://youtu.be/AncfCEfT9VI

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I did research, apparently this is a slightly worse (as in not mainstream released) Geostorm

5PUd6xc.jpg

Already disagree with the critics, this has a better and not Inception ripoffy poster than Geostorm, more psyched to see this now

Sweeney Tom on
    Fuuuuck Baby Driver is booooooooring when it's not balls out action.

Dan Stevens no

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Did you like his other movies?

I liked the quieter scenes especially with his adopted dad.

I usually love Edgar Wright movies.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    ugh what kind of movie title is that

that movie isn't even about palindromes

KalTorak wrote: »
    ugh what kind of movie title is that

that movie isn't even about palindromes

OR is it?

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Redivider is another title for Kill Switch, right? If so, it's free on Amazon Prime in the US right now.

And my cinemasochism really does have some limits as I've watched the trailer for it a couple of times while looking for something to watch on Amazon and kept going each time.

Alright. I didn't hate Baby Driver. The action was really awesome and I enjoyed the musical connection.

I just wasn't into any of the characters. I don't know if it's because Ansel Elgort is bleh or what but I just couldn't get into it.

I still give the movie a solid B

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Redivider is another title for Kill Switch, right? If so, it's free on Amazon Prime in the US right now.

Yep and yesssss

I thought the music and dialogue were still plenty fun between the action scenes in Baby Driver

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I thought the music and dialogue were still plenty fun between the action scenes in Baby Driver

I thought the dialogue was fairly paint by numbers for the most part, but it just oozed charm and chemistry.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
    Mozart in a go-kart

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I wanted to like Baby Driver a lot more than I did. It's far from the most disappointing movie I saw this year, though

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mozart in a go-kart

Paganini in a Lamborghini

The dialogue in BD was super hammy (just like one of the actors, hah!) but it was done with so much style, it was enjoyable.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the most disappointing movie i saw this year was the book of henry

like, yeah, it was terrible

but i couldn't laugh at it

all i could do was rage

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Mozart in a go-kart

Paganini in a Lamborghini

Salieri in a Daewoo Lanos.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    fate of the furious is the worst movie I saw this year by a wide margin

edited October 2017
    the worst movies i've seen this year so far are:

xx
    68 kill
    baby driver
    wind river
    the void
    a cure for wellness
    it comes at night
    another you
    the belko experiment
    the book of henry

edit: how the HELL did i forget wind river

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I think i haven't seen any truly disappointing films this year (homecoming was a bit ho-hum, but it was fine). But I also stopped going every week for a while. I'm probably just forgetting something as well.

Lalabox on
    I saw the dark tower last night.

Vivienne and I were trying to talk about the good points and we both said the same thing for its high point which was that it was a short movie.

if it wasn't for letterboxd, i'd forget so much more than i do.

but never just how much i viscerally hated some of the movies on that list.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I saw the dark tower last night.

Vivienne and I were trying to talk about the good points and we both said the same thing for its high point which was that it was a short movie.

it also had a pretty good trailer

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Wind River didn't make the list? It seemed like you hated that one.

shit i forgot wind river

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I got bored and left Valerian after 40 minutes

I sat through Atomic Blonde and finally realized I don't like Bond movies unless they're of the Roger Moore variety.
    I feel like that's a very helpful insight to have

Other than that I think I avoided all the movies I didn't trust to be watchable. Which includes The Dark Tower :(

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    The action bits were OK too, and it looked nice, but I just could not give a shit whenever the characters were talking. That and the bad guy seemed really boring, everyone just did what he said and it didn't seem scary at all.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am starting up 13 Assassins

I think this is my first Takashi Miike film?

CYpGAPn.png
    that is an interesting one to start with

might i suggest zebraman then the happiness of the katakuris next

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Just started Fateful Findings

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
This discussion has been closed.