As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

mister police. you could have saved her. I gave you all the [MOVIES]

• TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    I kinda love Margot at the Wedding for how mean; borderline apocalyptic all the relationships feel. I felt like it was taking its characters to task more than his other (lighter) stuff has. Also Savides' photography is really excellent. Maybe it's just the Baumbach/Savides factor that had me enjoying Margot and Greenberg the most out of his stuff. Baumbach's not a very visual director, and a lot of his more recent stuff just looks bland.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    You know what movie fucking rules? Rachel Getting Married.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

That's the movie I was thinking of when Tenz said Margot at the Wedding. That movie is great. Anne Hathaway is great

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Also, to get a grasp on how little I feel about Kylo Ren, his entire storyline is Rich People problems, but In Space to me.

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Tenzytile wrote: »
    I kinda love Margot at the Wedding for how mean; borderline apocalyptic all the relationships feel. I felt like it was taking its characters to task more than his other (lighter) stuff has. Also Savides' photography is really excellent. Maybe it's just the Baumbach/Savides factor that had me enjoying Margot and Greenberg the most out of his stuff. Baumbach's not a very visual director, and a lot of his more recent stuff just looks bland.

God damn I miss Savides. His work is huge inspiration for me.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I fucking hated The Squid and the Whale

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Poltergeist scared the shit out of me when I was a kid and because of that it still does.

I could never deal with a TV with static on it after that movie. The move to digital from analog signal was a great day for me.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Was just reading about Jungle.

Sounds good. I usually enjoy Danielle Radcliffe.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

That's the movie that made me say "Dang, Anne Hathaway is actually a really good actress"

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I don't think I've watched any other Noah Baumbach but good christ do all of them lean on the "people are having a conversation but not actually addressing the thing the other person said, just raising new points" over and over and OVER AND OVER like Meyerowitz Stories does

Yes.

Frances Ha works pretty well, but it might seriously be because there's less characters in it to talk over each other.

yeah I liked that movie a lot

Greenberg was a movie with a lot of problems and some very good moments, and a nice reminder that Ben Stiller, like Adam Sandler, can do really good work when he wants to

I don't think noah baumbach is quite good enough to make me want to suffer through rich people problems

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Frances Ha is a great movie and Adam driver is very good in it. It's a shame Girls ended up not being a very good show because he was incredible in that first season.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah frances ha sold me on adam driver, for sure

I want to see Adam Driver and Paul Dano In buddy cop flick.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

I want to see Adam Driver and Paul Dano in a remake of Face/Off

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    ph blake wrote: »

I want to see Adam Driver and Paul Dano in a remake of Face/Off

They wouldn't even need to change faces!

FACE-ON: APPLY DIRECTLY TO FOREHEAD

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I just saw The Foreigner. It was kind of a mess, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    I just bought Get Out on iTunes for $10 because I still haven’t seen it.

I might see Happy Death Day tomorrow.

American Made has been sold out at my local theater every damn day so far, every showing.

Life was alright.

There was so much more they could have done with it though!

I just saw Get Out, finally

that movie was fuckin' dope

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am filling a very grievous gap in my film knowledge by watching 12 Monkeys for the first time

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Life was alright.

There was so much more they could have done with it though!

stop subtweeting me

6F32U1X.png
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    mister movie thread

you could have seen this before me

it has all the reviews

I saw The Snowman and boy howdy what a complete fucking misfire on every goddamn cylinder except maybe cinematography.

The movie a: is way too long, b: tells an incredibly uncompelling story with c: a cast that is extraordinary but d: has no likable characters and e: the mystery is so disjointed and uninteresting and it borders on nonsensical and f: has one of the worst sex scenes ever filmed.

It is so, so bad.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    i am filling a very grievous gap in my film knowledge by watching 12 Monkeys for the first time

Follow it up with Iron Monkey.

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Does anybody around here work in the industry? I think I remember there being a few, but then I stopped posting much for a few years.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Follow it up with Iron Monkey.

nah i think i'll stick with brass monkeys

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I can't think of any other movies with monkey in the title, so I will instead insist on a Gorilla Triple Feature of Congo, Mighty Joe Young and King Kong.

I can't think of any other movies with monkey in the title, so I will instead insist on a Gorilla Triple Feature of Congo, Mighty Joe Young and King Kong.

Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas

Monkey Shines

Monkeybone

Pulp Monkey Fiction
    Jackie Brown Monkey
    Don’t Start The Monkey RevolutIon Without Me
    Much Ado About Monkey
    Schindler’s Monkey

There are so many.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Hey hey.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Hey hey.

WHAT is going ON here?!

Jedoc wrote: »
    Hey hey.

WHAT is going ON here?!

Much ado

about monkey

Look, I was quoting Mr. Belding.

Mad Monkey: Fling Road

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The Snowman sounds like it turned out to be even worse than I expected. I'm super excited to see it.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    mister movie thread

it has all the reviews

I saw The Snowman and boy howdy what a complete fucking misfire on every goddamn cylinder except maybe cinematography.

The movie a: is way too long, b: tells an incredibly uncompelling story with c: a cast that is extraordinary but d: has no likable characters and e: the mystery is so disjointed and uninteresting and it borders on nonsensical and f: has one of the worst sex scenes ever filmed.

It is so, so bad.

How is there a worse sex scene than Watchmen

Best sex scene was Casa De Mi Padre

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    All of this posting is heavily misrepresenting my brand.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    Keith wrote: »
    mister movie thread

it has all the reviews

It is so, so bad.

How is there a worse sex scene than Watchmen

the crazy thing about Watchmen is that it has the worst sex scene

and then later in the movie it has one that's worse than that

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I'm almost positive @Rorshach Kringle introduced me to the movie with the worst sex scene last night.

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.