Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

mister police. you could have saved her. I gave you all the [MOVIES]

194969899100

Posts

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Conan lives to steal and fight and eat and drink and bone, because he's a free man and that's what free men do
    Wanderlust is a thing. sometimes you just wanna get out and run and live and never stop, and Conan did that

    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
    GR_ZombieSolarMagellDyvim TvarZonugalWeedLordVegetaMidnitesarukunMysst
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    I would very much be down for a conan who actually enjoyed himself

    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    StraightziBlankzillaSirEtchwartsGR_ZombieMagellRorshach KringleMaddoc2 Marcus 2 RavensFencingsaxwebguy20DouglasDangerFawstDyvim TvarZonugalBear_thescondchrishallett83Darth WaiterWeedLordVegetaMidnitesarukunMysstAngelina
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I always liked that Conan basically left Cimmeria because it was a miserable rain-soaked grey shithole filled with barbarians that were constantly pissed off about living in Cimmeria.

    Like, it's a pretty understandable drive really, he heads out because he wants riches and action, to see the world and experience it's fleeting glories, to forget his melancholy in wine, women, gold, song and thrilling adventure.

    Solar on
    PhillishereGR_ZombieShortyKanaFencingsaxAndy JoeRainfallDyvim TvarZonugalSorce
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King Walls of Jakiro Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    My dads got conan #1 and some of the others I really should give em a read

    The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I always liked that Conan basically left Cimmeria because it was a miserable rain-soaked grey shithole filled with barbarians that were constantly pissed off about living in Cimmeria.

    Like, it's a pretty understandable drive really, he heads out because he wants riches and action, to see the world and experience it's fleeting glories, to forget his melancholy in wine, women, gold, song and thrilling adventure.

    Ah, so classic murder hobo.

    RainfallZonugal
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Oh hey this is where I say DC and Dark Horse are doing Conan/Wonder Woman right now by Gail Simone and it's real fuckin good so far

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    FencingsaxZonugal
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    Is Conan hanging dong yet?

    VnZ7Xbt.jpg
    KwoaruZonugal
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I learned a "trick" to eating dressed salads that really cuts down on the amount of dressing consumed and therefore the calories inside it: I ask for the dressing on the side and instead of pouring it over the salad I dip my fork into the dressing first, then stab into the salad.

    The salad is usually gone with well over half the dressing still remaining.

    OK I know this is like a 10 page late post on something that was already a side conversation

    But I will say that back when I was a cook I made a *lot* of salads, and invariably salads I tossed with dressing ended up having much less used than the servings we gave to people who asked for it on the side. It was always kind of a point of amusement, that the health conscious people were actually consuming more dressing than if they had just let us toss it for them.

    If you're making a salad at home just put in a little dressing and mix it thoroughly in a bowl and you can get a little bit to go a very long way, much farther than most people think.

    The worst is definitely just drizzling dressing over the top of a premade salad though, that uses waaay more dressing.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    FencingsaxDarth Waiter
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh hey this is where I say DC and Dark Horse are doing Conan/Wonder Woman right now by Gail Simone and it's real fuckin good so far

    I need them to fuck in that book to an extent that is honestly troubling to me.

  • Gustav wrote: »
    Is Conan hanging dong yet?

    Questions arise, is that Conan MMORPG still alive? Is Conan in it for real now? And do you see Conans cock

  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I think the MMO is dead, but Exiles is a thing. And there is definitely dong-hanging in that (at least on PC).

  • Schmimpy Pim- no god what am I sayingSchmimpy Pim- no god what am I saying Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Oh exiles is what I meant, is that not an MMORPG? Are your Rusts and your Arks MMORPGs?

    At any rate I hope to hear news of Conans dick in exiles

    Schmimpy Pim- no god what am I saying on
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    there are two Conan mmo's, are you talking about Age of Conan or Conan Exiles

    Exiles is the survival one where you can give your dude a big ol' donger and show it to everyone

    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    Mysst
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I want to play Exiles but will have to wait for the PS4 version, which will likely not have dong.

  • I enjoy the forced destitution of Exiles and Rust, like as a concept, I feel like most games where you can get your shit out and show it to people it's like a choice the player has to make, but those two games everyone starts with their shit out flappin in the wind

    DouglasDanger
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I saw Ragnarok last night. It was a lot of fun and easily the funniest film in the MCU, buuuuuuuut like so many others in the series I don't think much of it will resonate with me by month's end. I felt like this one suffered the same issue as Homecoming where the protagonist is laid low in the climactic final battle but comes back to finish the job for no real perceptible reason.
    Both Peter and Thor are about to die/get their ass kicked, are then faced with visions (or I guess voices in Peter's case) of their respective father figure uttering platitudes that give them an immediate power boost, but that reversal of fortunate isn't actually supported by any change in the character???

    I think everything should've leaned even harder into the mundane Kiwi humour because Korg was far and away the highlight of the film for me.

  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    The fact that Cavill wouldn't shave his moustache and demanded they CG it out is so openly contemptuous of the film.

    Fake moustaches are a thing if you really need it for reshoots dude.

    I think the situation is he needs it for the Mission Impossible movie he’s concurrently shooting and is contractually unable to get rid of it

    He wasn’t supposed to be shooting more Justice League stuff by then

    Fake facial hair is very much a solved problem in film making.

    Have you seen him with the mustache? He looks like an old school gay porn star in the best way. I'd rather then cgi out his stache in Justice League

    Zonugal
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I saw Ragnarok last night. It was a lot of fun and easily the funniest film in the MCU, buuuuuuuut like so many others in the series I don't think much of it will resonate with me by month's end. I felt like this one suffered the same issue as Homecoming where the protagonist is laid low in the climactic final battle but comes back to finish the job for no real perceptible reason.
    Both Peter and Thor are about to die/get their ass kicked, are then faced with visions (or I guess voices in Peter's case) of their respective father figure uttering platitudes that give them an immediate power boost, but that reversal of fortunate isn't actually supported by any change in the character???

    I think everything should've leaned even harder into the mundane Kiwi humour because Korg was far and away the highlight of the film for me.

    I disagree!
    Thors big character topping moment is the throne room. He chooses to accept the responsibility of becoming king because even though he doesnt want it and doesnt think he's a good king he knows that all other options are worse. The lightning has been appearing all movie however because he already has his shit worked out. A lot of the movie is is about showing you how the events of Avengers through Avengers 2 have effected him. He runs circles around Loki in every encounter, talks people onto his side, and lowkey uses distraction and charisma to talk his way out of every problem he cant punch. In short the movie shows you that he has become wise enough to be a good king and his big moment is choosing to be king.

    Also Odins speech sounds a bit generic in places but its lowkey Odin putting a bow on the theme that Odin was basically young Thor and Odin is proud specifically of him coming into the wisdom that took Odin hundreds of years.

    Quire.jpg
    OmnipotentBagelPsykomaBear_thescondSolarSnicketysnicksarukun
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    I want Justice League to be good just to shut down the possible cottage industry of video essay takedowns that could spring from it.

    VnZ7Xbt.jpg
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I saw Ragnarok last night. It was a lot of fun and easily the funniest film in the MCU, buuuuuuuut like so many others in the series I don't think much of it will resonate with me by month's end. I felt like this one suffered the same issue as Homecoming where the protagonist is laid low in the climactic final battle but comes back to finish the job for no real perceptible reason.
    Both Peter and Thor are about to die/get their ass kicked, are then faced with visions (or I guess voices in Peter's case) of their respective father figure uttering platitudes that give them an immediate power boost, but that reversal of fortunate isn't actually supported by any change in the character???

    I think everything should've leaned even harder into the mundane Kiwi humour because Korg was far and away the highlight of the film for me.

    I disagree!
    Thors big character topping moment is the throne room. He chooses to accept the responsibility of becoming king because even though he doesnt want it and doesnt think he's a good king he knows that all other options are worse. The lightning has been appearing all movie however because he already has his shit worked out. A lot of the movie is is about showing you how the events of Avengers through Avengers 2 have effected him. He runs circles around Loki in every encounter, talks people onto his side, and lowkey uses distraction and charisma to talk his way out of every problem he cant punch. In short the movie shows you that he has become wise enough to be a good king and his big moment is choosing to be king.

    Also Odins speech sounds a bit generic in places but its lowkey Odin putting a bow on the theme that Odin was basically young Thor and Odin is proud specifically of him coming into the wisdom that took Odin hundreds of years.

    Hmm, OK, I can buy this. Might come back to it but you gave me something to think about.

  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Gonna see Justice League just because, well, I've liked all the new DC movies so far (aside from Suicide Squad which I haven't seen)

    I don't think it looks good, really, and hearing someone say that it reeks of "be more Marvel" is pretty concerning because I enjoyed how different the two franchises are

    But also critics have basically proven themselves to be worthless to me in regards to this particular series of films, so even if the Tomatometer was hovering in the teens I'd still feel pretty compelled to see it

  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    At least I'm still completely onboard for seeing Aquaman

    James Wan hasn't let me down yet, I've liked/loved everything of his I've seen (everything except Death Sentence) and he's like...the only DCEU director I can say that about
    I didn't like Cloverfield, before someone says "what about Matt Reeves"

  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Vow, I'm guessing you won't like Suicide Squad. I also liked the new DC movies, but not that one.

    I mean, based on purely that, clearly you'll hate it as much as I did. There are like two good scenes.

    Tube wrote:
    yes Chris Evans make a good smell in me
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Watching two towers bonus features
    Is that what Karl Urban really sounds like?
    That is adorable!

  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Hello Henry Cavill's mustache
    OP1B5FZ.png

    You could not be contained by mere CGI

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    AtomicTofuGustavVeldrinRorshach KringleFencingsaxBionicPenguinFearghaillPsykomaDarkPrimusGarlic BreadFawstKwoaruZonugalMuddy WaterBear_thescondSirEtchwartshonovereSolarSnicketysnickSorceWeedLordVegetaTheodore FlooseveltfurlionMidniteJoolandersarukunA Dabble Of TheloniusAndy JoeAngelina
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    best movie of the year

    VnZ7Xbt.jpg
    Rorshach KringleVeldrinDyvim Tvardarunia106The Cow KingZonugalSirEtchwartsTheodore FlooseveltMidniteAndy Joe
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I love that in its fight against being removed, it took a piece of his face with it.

    BionicPenguintynicKetarhonovereSolarSnicketysnickN1tSt4lkerKnight_Angelina
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens Registered User regular
    Matt Zoller Seitz, one of the few film critics I still consistently read, had some surprisingly nice things to say about Justice League.
    Like the recent “Thor,” it seems to have figured out that a mega-budgeted superhero picture can be serious without carrying on as if humor, sentiment, and even color are inherently childish. “Justice League” splits the difference between Snyder’s kinetic, cruelly funny “Dawn of the Dead” remake and “Sucker Punch” and his more dour, depressive epics like “300,” “Man of Steel” and “BvS.” It’s the kind of movie where The Flash can serve as wide-eyed, often bumbling comic relief, much as Spider-Man did in the second half of “Captain America: Civil War,” and Batman can bust Aquaman’s chops for bringing a “pitchfork” (actually a trident) to a battle. But it’s also the kind of film where every member of the Justice League—plus Lois Lane and Diane Lane's Martha Kent—can have a heartfelt “spotlight” moment in which they admit withdrawing from life or putting up a tough façade to cushion the pain of loss, and rest assured that the other characters, and the film itself, will take their anguish seriously.

    I'm not that keen on seeing it, but it sure sounds like what you'd want out of a comic book movie.

  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Wait, Sucker Punch was meant to be funny?

    GvzbgulKanaZonugalMidnite
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm pretty damn excited for Justice League.

    I'm sure it's going to be bad but I'm hoping it's also fun

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    They should have just painted his moustache chroma key green.

    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    9a6e65f14a74ab28494e4dc109f93ca5.jpg
    Cesar Romero wasthe best Joker, I don't see why Cavill can't be the best Superman.

    sarukun
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Okay last Justice League thing I saw:
    Superman comes back in a berserk rage and beats the crap out of the entire League

    He grabs Batman and says "Tell me...do you bleed?"

    He then throws him aside after WW gets his attention.

    Batman groans on the ground and delivers this like a sitcom go to commercial punchline

    " Well, something is bleeding."

    This movie sounds like they either went as cheesy corny as possible or hit the BvS dark melodrama with zero middle ground or transition between the two

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    Rorshach KringleVeldrinUnbreakableVowYaYaBionicPenguinDedwrekkaRaijin QuickfootZonugalSirEtchwartsSolarSnicketysnickSorceWeedLordVegetaFearghailldarunia106Andy Joe
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Zack this is all increasing my enthusiasm for this stupid movie tenfold.

    Raijin QuickfootZonugalLalaboxSnicketysnickdarunia106Andy Joe
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    I am probably gonna see it this weekend

    Going in expecting a dumb tonally insane garish theme park ride seems to be the way to go

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    MagellSnicketysnickAndy Joe
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    Oh I'm definitely seeing Justice League this weekend

    Even if the whole "shit, people hated our movies let's adjust" ends up with a tonally incomplete movie, I support them actually adjusting

    And I wanna see more Wonder Woman and Aquaman

    ShortySnicketysnick
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Oh I'm definitely seeing Justice League this weekend

    Even if the whole "shit, people hated our movies let's adjust" ends up with a tonally incomplete movie, I support them actually adjusting

    And I wanna see more Wonder Woman and Aquaman
    I'm bummed that I've read a fair bit of reviews that say Diana is a lot more boring and flat in JL (and the gross camera stuff).

    But yeah I'm all in on DCEU Aquaman

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Moviepass makes me a lot more willing to see it

    6F32U1X.png
    MaddocBlankzillaYaYaMidnite
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've already seen one movie this month, so thanks to Moviepass every other movie is essentially free except for time spent

    I'll see whatever garbage

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Moviepass makes me a lot more willing to see it
    MoviePass has me a lot more willing to see movies in general

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
This discussion has been closed.