As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] FF13 Event tonight! Or tomorrow, if you're watching Star Wars instead

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    32 mythril from VIII and some Ultimates in 2 more.

Ughhhhhh. So much refreshing to do.

I have refreshed 12 times already!

I am 3 banners into V, wheeeeeee

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    We still have a long time before they expire, you think you won't have stamina?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm so psyched to use a character from a game where they spent the entire time in their deathbed

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Better than Dorgann who spends the whole game dead.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    I'm a little tempted to do 1 pull here, mostly for synergy, but a bit of a tilt at Scott's BSB. I have little II stuff, and little fire stuff.

But so much good shit comin down the line...

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    New event is super short? How much stuff are we getting on Sunday?

Yeah, there's only 8 mythril in the dungeons instead of the usual 10 plus 2 mythril for the 3* stages of MP. What gives? Is it because of the daily and monthly mission mythril?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    We get more stages and mythril in 3 days.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Better than Dorgann who spends the whole game dead.

I mean hell having Braska be in the game at all surprises me considering he's only ever seen in flashbacks.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I'm so psyched to use a character from a game where they spent the entire time in their deathbed

Kelgar?

Oh, Scott.

Well, Soul of Rebirth is a thing.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    New event is super short? How much stuff are we getting on Sunday?

Yeah, there's only 8 mythril in the dungeons instead of the usual 10 plus 2 mythril for the 3* stages of MP. What gives? Is it because of the daily and monthly mission mythril?

Daily missions we're supposed to end yesterday.

Oops.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017

I have 15 full events + like 6-8 Ultimates to do so far.

Yes, they're going to risk expiring, especially when factoring in next week's Magicite runs still and this week's event and one crack at Torment trying for the CM3.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Kelgar?

Oh, Scott.

Introducing Rachel in FFVI!

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I did a pull on II-1 because my only SBs are for Maria, Gordon, and Leila.

Gordon LMR, Gordon BSB. This is not the synergy I was looking for, game!

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    0/8 in 100 gems on renewal banners so far.

But!

FF2 100 gem: Minwu USB

For when you really, really, need to heal the CRAP out of your party

• Options

Kelgar?

Oh, Scott.

Lucrecia and Reeve in FFVII.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Kelgar?

Oh, Scott.

You joke, but they're going to have to go somewhere, now that all the playable characters are taken.

Don't be surprised if they give us Gestahl, Daryll, Biggs, Wedge, or Maduin at some point.

Enlong on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    100 gems Laguna imperil ice SSB and Scott SSB. Not bad

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Kelgar?

Oh, Scott.

You joke, but they're going to have to go somewhere, now that all the playable characters are taken.

Don't be surprised if they give us Gestahl, Daryll, Biggs, Wedge, or Maduin at some point.

Biggs and Wedge from each game!

• Options
    Nada from my 100 gems, but that's alright. Once my current stock is out that'll be it until more Google credit appears.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I want Dio from VII

Boco from V

And I unironically want the Tantalus crew from IX

• Options
    They have a deeeeep reservoir they can draw a ton of water from and its name is Final Fantasy XIV.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I want Dio from VII

Boco from V

And I unironically want the Tantalus crew from IX

Let me make some calls, I think I can pull this one off for you.

• Options
    edited October 2017

Yes, they're going to risk expiring, especially when factoring in next week's Magicite runs still and this week's event and one crack at Torment trying for the CM3.

Hmm I'd put the events ahead of magicite which are always there and torment which come back, but that's me. I don't have anywhere near that amount of events though.
    I wonder if its worth doing 60+ stamina stages for no mythril. Orbs just keep getting easier to get.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    100 gems on both new banners: 3*

Haven't had a 5* since probably August

• Options

Hmm I'd put the events ahead of magicite which are always there and torment which come back, but that's me. I don't have anywhere near that amount of events though.
    I wonder if its worth doing 60+ stamina stages for no mythril. Orbs just keep getting easier to get.
    Crystals and accessories and whatnot all the way at the top.

We need a billion magicite to cap everything and I refuse to use a dropsniffer so I can't pass up the weekly at least.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I'll take it.

cubcfyrsn9sf.png

Now where will I go to get unreasonably frustrated?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    So I did a last minute attempt at the Dissidia MP fights solo, and I actually managed to pull it off after repeatedly banging my head against them over the past few days. Nothing tricky in those fights, just ridiculous amounts of incoming damage.

I tried using one support - didn't work, way too much damage. I tried using two supports and two DPS - still too much damage. I even tried a team with two supports and a hybrid dancer/secondary healer, and it still didn't work because I couldn't sustain the breaks. What finally worked was:

Raines - Wrath/Dark Zone, BSB, +13% MAG
    Irvine - Wrath/Entrust, BSB/SSB, Ace Striker
    Rikku - Heathen Frolic Sarabande/Exhausting Polka, USB, DMT
    Rosa - Wrath/Curaja, USB, Battleforged
    Y'shtola - Wrath/Ultra Cure, BSB/Wall, MM
    RW Wall

As it turns out, I didn't use Dark Zone or Entrust at all. Rikku did nothing but dance and use her USB every few turns. Irvine Wrath-cycled between his BSB entry and his pentabreak SSB, switching to his BSB commands once at least one of the bosses was down. Raines did his BSB thing and occasionally w-cast for 45k damage a turn. Rosa did most of the healing, with Y'shtola dropping Asylum preemptively whenever Rosa didn't have meter available.

It was a slog, but both stages beaten with -1 for actions and -2 for damage.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    They have a deeeeep reservoir they can draw a ton of water from and its name is Final Fantasy XIV.

Alisae, Gosetsu, Yugiri, Arbert, Hildibrand, Merlwyb, and Raubahn, just to name a few.

And I want them to add Hien and have him occasionally get flavor text interactions with Cyan, perhaps whenever we have to fight Wrexsoul.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Green Dragon U++ does not mess around. Turn 1 3.5k AoE before buffs.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I have the distinct feeling I'm not going to get the Cid Mission done. I have no relics for FFII characters.

Well, maybe the +++ I could try. I just wish I could bring Leon and have him just go Dark Mage.

Enlong on
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Did a pull on the FFVI banner, sadly just 1/11

How good is Mog BSB? Seems a little odd but potentially good on a magic team

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

Alisae, Gosetsu, Yugiri, Arbert, Hildibrand, Merlwyb, and Raubahn, just to name a few.

And I want them to add Hien and have him occasionally get flavor text interactions with Cyan, perhaps whenever we have to fight Wrexsoul.

Will whale out for Yugiri when she finally makes it in. Alisaie as well.
    MummBrah wrote: »

Mog BSB is very very good. He's a hybrid Healer/Dancer like Penelo but his BSB is a billion times better than hers.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

VERY good. I use it on nearly all of my mage teams, with Mog either carrying a pair of White Magic spells (Shellga and Curaja, usually), or Multibreak and Exhausting Polka, so that he can debuff all the important stats and then get on with using his instant healing spell.

• Options

I love that thing! I use it all the time on my mage teams, and honestly I prefer it over Yuna's BSB2. It's got the best healing command (instant Curaja+high regen), a built-in holy magic breakdown command, and Mog's got 5* dancer to help out your main support.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

Since mage teams need two or possibly even three buffs to work well, role compression is very important. Mog is a buffer, debuffer, and off-healer crammed into one slot, which can be a huge help in composing teams. Especially if you don't have Raines, Rapha, or OK BSBs.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they would ever consider adding Gilgamesh (XIV) as a character alongside the rest of that wonderful storyline.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

Since mage teams need two or possibly even three buffs to work well, role compression is very important. Mog is a buffer, debuffer, and off-healer crammed into one slot, which can be a huge help in composing teams. Especially if you don't have Raines, Rapha, or OK BSBs.

What does OK usually do for teams? I have Raines and Rapha BSB's but nothing at all for him

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

What does OK usually do for teams? I have Raines and Rapha BSB's but nothing at all for him

His BSB has been one of the two best in the game ever since its release (Party ATK/MAG+Haste and with good NE commands) and he can basically do most anything you want him to do on top of that (off healing or slinging ninja skills are most common and with his dive he is also a good Celerity or BLM user).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular

His BSB has been one of the two best in the game ever since its release (Party ATK/MAG+Haste and with good NE commands) and he can basically do most anything you want him to do on top of that (off healing or slinging ninja skills are most common and with his dive he is also a good Celerity or BLM user).

I most commonly use OK as 1) black mage (Meltdown r3 especially), 2) Ninja, 3) White mage

All of these usually involve a FB or breakdown of some kind as well

I can't remember the last time I used him as an actual physical DPS

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    I wonder if they would ever consider adding Gilgamesh (XIV) as a character alongside the rest of that wonderful storyline.

I would say no, but Gogo and Gogo exist.

This discussion has been closed.