As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PUBG] Now On Mobile: Chicken Dinner On The Go!!!

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    nu6khlajcr26.png

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I may have taken a small, brief break from PUBG to utterly overdose on PoE's 3.0 release. ARPG's, man.

Rius on
  • Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    I've played with Rius! We've gotten quite a few chicken dinners in squads. He's a mighty fine fellow.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Man, I hope Rius got that budget.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    First time I've seen teaming in person. We were doing a squad game, got super lucky, sitting on a cliff edge with circle after circle being on us. Got into a bit of a fight with another team further along the cliffs. Then a line of 8+ people crest the hill in front of us and kill us.

• Options
    I've had it happen a few times where people were obviously teaming, including a bridge camp. I honestly don't care and don't think it should be against the rules. As far as I'm concerned, anyone not on my team is on one big enemy team any ways. I mean I can't count the number of times that my squad seemingly is priority #1 when multiple groups enter an area, just impromptu. Really that ends up hardly being any different than if they were actually teaming or not.

It sucks of course, and it's pretty cheesy, I'm not really condoning it. Just don't think it should be punishable.

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Top 3 for the first time. Landed, got nearly punched to death until I managed to load the S12K and that was that. Second kill was a dude that drove up, rounded the corner into the warehouse and ran directly into the barrel. Very convenient!

Got one more at long range with a Mini-14, then nothing until the last few circles around the mansion area. The mansion was knocked out of the circles and I got a 4th as he ran from it. Then nothing for a while- the usual hiding in the grass listening to the orgy of gungfire as we dropped from top 25 to top 10. It ended up with two main groups...and me in the middle. Oh and one guy had a M24 and one a machine gun. Fun. So I hid until the two groups massacred each other and it was down to 3.

The next circle was on the other side, across a clearing. I spotted one dude behind a tree and went fuck it, charge. Got all the way to the tree and *then* the dude with the M24 drilled me from behind. The death cam showed me the end- I guess the sniper was out of ammo, because he managed to close the distance and grenade the tree hider.

• Options
    Just had a thoroughly undeserved win. Went to spawn island, got shit loot, went to south of Mylta Power, got shit loot. Holed up in a wizard tower near the lumber camp and then the circle never stopped being on top of us. We never left the tower and won the game. And everyone else killed each other for us as they were all fighting over the only building worth a damn in the circle. To be fair to us, we did have to survive multiple squads worth of grenade lobbing. The best part was shit talking all the aussies.

Very weird game, an undeserved win, but I think it's a part of why I like the randomness. It can screw you when you have good loot and location, and it can give you a win when you have shit loot and a bad location (90% of the time a wizard tower is a death trap, but that 10% of the time? woof).

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Mm, silenced Groza. First time I've used a Groza in a match and it help secure the win.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    Speaking of undeserved wins. I just won one where we were scoping out the last 3 guys (2 vs 1) battling it out around a Harry Potter house. We're chilling to see who wins the fight and then go in to finish the match. They are really duking it out in there, we're just watching this whole great show. Then the guy outside the house is tries to flush the other two out with a grenade, but somehow manages to kill them AND himself. Chicken dinner without firing a single shot in the last 3 circles. 8-)

• Options
    I make a great loot pinata sometimes. Knew someone was in the building, went upstairs, rounded the corner and found them where I expected.

Died because I forgot to switch the SMG to auto.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Boy,
    I had some weird games this weekend.

Pretty much every one followed the same trajectory:

1: Oh shit oh shit I got no loot early. Ok, I've got a P1911 and uh... a Micro-UZI stock?
    2: BAM BAM BAM
    3: Got a kill and... oh, they had an UMP 9. Well, it's not nothing
    4: BAMBAMBAM
    5: Ok, they had a shotgun. Well I'm super deadly 2 feet away from stuff
    6: KAPOW BAMBAMBAM
    7: Finally, an AKM. Put my 2x on it because that's all I got, and.... uh... hm. Quickdraw mag and now I have a helmet? And 3 energy drinks. And 20 rounds of ammo.
    8: PLUNK PLUNK
    9: Holy shit, yes. Mini-14, M16, all the ammo I could ever want, a 4x, an 8x, a level 3 helmet, this house had a military vest, I got med items, I'm a fucking MONSTER OF DEATH NOW. TIME TO KILL EVERYTHING. I AM A G--
    10: Oh I'm dead now.

• Options
    I was gonna ask if anyone has tried the vaulting stuff on test yet, but I see it's not actually on there yet. I wonder if they'll meet their deadline.

• Options
    When has an early access game ever met it's deadline?

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    To be fair, they have gotten closer, faster than most early access games.

• Options
    Like, say, for instance, Day Z.

• Options
    Hey DayZ is on track for Soon™ =P

I think there were a couple games that actually perfectly hit their deadlines, but I can't remember what they were any more. I think they were largely complete before entering early access though.

• Options
    Top 3 again...having a fully silenced loadout is fun. Lost a duel where we were both lying down in the grass this time to lose.

I keep getting pinned between people towards the end which I guess means I'm playing too close to the middle of the circle.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I still play this a bit, and am usually on the PA discord, GGs tonight @GSM

8E0AF7765F22CD9FEC1E9142D09FA0F41E58AD4B

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Top 3 again...having a fully silenced loadout is fun. Lost a duel where we were both lying down in the grass this time to lose.

I keep getting pinned between people towards the end which I guess means I'm playing too close to the middle of the circle.

Yes, its best to try to end up at the edges of the circle in order to hopefully not take fire from all directions. Late game and getting that chicken dinner can be quite tricky and a little bit of luck never hurts.

• Options
    For those who don't check the PUBG subreddit, they've got an image up of the new desert minimap, link here (it's big). Judging from the size of it, it does seem smaller than the island map, but look at all those buildings!

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    What is up with those names?
    -edit: Not a fan of those names, I prefer more realistic ones that you can turn into fun nicknames, rather than places that are given fun nicknames by the devs. You get more variety and different groups i play with have different names for Novo, Primo, Pochanks etc.

They ought to have gone with Russian style names again, or do Spanish or Arabic or something other than "Murdertown". What a boring name.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    What is up with those names?
    -edit: Not a fan of those names, I prefer more realistic ones that you can turn into fun nicknames, rather than places that are given fun nicknames by the devs. You get more variety and different groups i play with have different names for Novo, Primo, Pochanks etc.

They ought to have gone with Russian style names again, or do Spanish or Arabic or something other than "Murdertown". What a boring name.

Pretty sure they are just placeholders .

• Options
    I hope so.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    What planet are we living on where "Murdertown" is a boring name?!

• Options
    edited November 2017
    It's generic and videogamey.
    edit- one of the reddit posts said it's like they got a edgy 14 year old to name the towns, and yeah, I can see that.

Another said that maybe these are just the placeholder names, and they'll eventually be translated. "Estrangular," "Soledad" or "Castigo" don't sound so bad. If the place is meant to be Central/South American.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Murdertown sounds like some poorly designed custom TF2 map.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Yes so the test servers for PC 1.0 were released today, and while I don't think the desert map is in there, vaulting and a ballistics/physics overhaul is supposedly in there. See the link here.

Spoilered for copy/paste:
    Players,

Today, we would like to give you an update about the test servers. Many players were disappointed that the first test server schedule was delayed last time. Right before opening the test servers, we concluded that the test build was not stable enough and decided to postpone the test. Although the current test build is not completely stable as of now, we still would like to open the test servers this week even for a short period of time and allow players to test the long-awaited feature - vaulting & climbing. We were planning to run test servers for about three days but this week’s test will be shorter because of the build’s current state.

Please note that you may experience client crashes on the test servers. This is normal as the build we are using for this test is not completely stable. This may not be the best condition to test all the features. At this time we ask for your understanding as we continue to fix the issue.

The test will begin tomorrow and last for about a day. If we decide to extend the test schedule, we will make an announcement on our official social media channels.

Test schedule

PST: November 13th 06:00 PM – November 14th 06:00 PM
    CET: November 14th 03:00 AM – November 15th 03:00 AM
    KST: November 14th 11:00 AM – November 15th 11:00 AM

Region & Modes

NA SOLO First-person / Third-person
    ASIA SOLO First-person / Third-person

Two major changes were made this time. We added vaulting & climbing and overhauled the ballistics system. To read more about vaulting & climbing, please read our previous blog post.

Regarding ballistics, we made changes to bullet drag effect, accuracy and hit areas to give them a more realistic touch as well as improve the balance of weapons. We have described the changes in detail below. We will be using a more advanced equation to calculate damage which will be shared in detail after this test.

Ballistics overhaul

We are constantly looking into improving the balance of the weapons while adding a little bit of more realistic, albeit reasonably balanced touch. As a consequence, we are now working on a ballistics balance pass. We have been announcing upcoming changes to the way the projectiles and weapons behave for some time and now the first iteration is finalized.

The overhaul consists of multiple elements. The most essential one is the addition of a bullet drag effect that affects the trajectory curve of a projectile. Due to this effect the bullet now loses its velocity over time - similar to what happens to it in real life. As a result, with gravity still acting on the projectile, at the same distance as before the bullet drop will be bigger. For most assault rifles the change will be hardly noticeable at short range. It will become increasingly obvious above the range of 300 meters.

Secondly, we’ve tweaked the MOA (accuracy) of the weapons basing the new numbers on their IRL counterparts. While some weapons may experience slight accuracy nerf, others will become more accurate than before.

Following the changes to the trajectory of the bullet, we have looked into the usability of iron sights and sight attachments. To accommodate the new ballistics, we have changed the way zeroing works to be slightly more realistic. As a result, each weapon will have unique set of zeroing ranges while using the iron sights. Red dot and holographic sites will allow for zeroing in on short ranges. You will now also be able to adjust the intensity of the reticle (by default using the Mouse Wheel). 4x's tip of the chevron is zeroed in on respectively 50 and 100 m for submachine guns and other weapons. Bigger scopes will additionally allow you to change the zoom level (by default using the Mouse Wheel).
    * Zeroing for 4x is the same as before in the 1st test servers and will be updated in the next test build.

Finally we have introduced changes to the hit areas of the characters. We felt that the initial system was a little bit too simplistic and punishing to the players. With the new system, the problematic neck area will be protected by the helmet. Shooting hands and feet is now also less effective than it was before. On top of regular bonuses and penalties to the hit areas, the damage will be also modified by weapon class.

These changes allow us to further balance the use and functionality of different types of weapon classes. Please bear in mind that the changes are not final, many are, in fact, experimental, and we are still working on more features to be included in the game.

f913770cc5a2c9f4057e988a8c55ddb4bf4d8af2.png

Client Optimization

Optimized terrain data to reduce memory usage
    Reduced the lag issue when terrain is loading
    Reduced the lag issue when multiple players are in sight

Server Optimization

Optimized server performance by adjusting network throughput

Action

Added vaulting & climbing action

Game Play

Vehicle driving balance is modified
    * We are adjusting driving sounds to be more realistic. Sources of vehicle sounds will be improved.
    Vehicle driving is adjusted to be more realistic
    *This is an early stage of balancing. We need your feedback to improve driving.
    Improved the vehicle and passenger animations

Ballistics overhaul

Projectiles fired from firearms are now affected by air drag. This means that projectiles will now lose velocity over time leading to greater bullet drop and longer travel time
    Large scopes (8x, 15x) now have variable zoom that can be adjusted using the Mouse Wheel (by default)
    Red dot, holo and 2x sights can now have their reticle's brightness adjusted using Mouse Wheel
    Hit areas have been modified
    - Neck is now protected by the helmet
    - Damage to the chest area is increased
    Base damage is now modified by weapon class
    - The actual damage is now taking into account following multipliers
    -- Base damage stat of the weapon
    -- Distance traveled by the projectile (damage decreases over distance)
    -- Hit area damage multiplier
    -- Weapon class multiplier

Fixed the excessive aim-punch while leaning in ADS mode
    Removed the blurring effect of the weapon and objects close to camera that appeared in non-ADS mode

Vehicles

Unified the sizes of all UAZ models, the number of seats decreased to 4

UI/UX

Improved the backpack capacity UI in the inventory screen

When we prepared to release the first Early Access version of PUBG earlier this year, we were not fully prepared to respond to the issue of cheating. Since then, our traffic grew exponentially and it became an even bigger issue.

Earlier this month, we noted that we have been adding new measures and detection methods to address the cheat issue more effectively. To provide a healthy environment to our players, addressing this issue is now our top priority. We are constantly improving our anti-cheat measures and adding new ones.

With our recent efforts to strengthen the measures, the volume of players who use cheats has been reduced by 25% overall, and the volume of malicious, extreme cheaters has been reduced by 50%.

However, we know that this is not enough, which is why we are approaching this in multiple ways - monitoring 24 hours a day, strengthening security systems and applying additional anti-cheat solutions. Regarding other measures that our players have suggested, we are looking into a few that may be quite effective.

The battle against cheats may be endless. But we will do our best to create a healthier, better environment for everyone and take strong actions against distributors and sellers of cheats as well as those who use them.

Lastly, we would like to again ask for your understanding regarding client crashes you may experience during this test. We’d like to also thank the players who have been patiently waiting for an update. Although we may not leave comments on every piece of feedback we see, we are always monitoring and reflecting on it. We appreciate it very much. In one of the subsequent dev blogs, we will be addressing the issues that are being discussed in the community, bugs that are not fixed in this test build and issues that were not mentioned in today’s dev blog. We are also preparing to share more about the damage equation later as we noted above.

We are looking forward to getting your feedback on our first PC 1.0 test build.

Thank you.
    The PUBG Development and Community Team

This table has some of the more important changes:
    f913770cc5a2c9f4057e988a8c55ddb4bf4d8af2.png

Again, this is on the test server so some of it may change.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Unified the sizes of all UAZ models, the number of seats decreased to 4

Awww. Now how can I wait inside a UAZ for someone? If they've removed the centre seat I've lost the ability to shoot the driver.

Better driving sounds seems good. Currently the transition between idling and driving can sound like two vehicles.

If zeroing is particular to sight, could you zero a sight for 1000metres and drop it to troll other players?

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    those are some significant range and accuracy changes

numbers sure would be nice

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    It's buried in the post, but there are some rough numbers: "The overhaul consists of multiple elements. The most essential one is the addition of a bullet drag effect that affects the trajectory curve of a projectile. Due to this effect the bullet now loses its velocity over time - similar to what happens to it in real life. As a result, with gravity still acting on the projectile, at the same distance as before the bullet drop will be bigger. For most assault rifles the change will be hardly noticeable at short range. It will become increasingly obvious above the range of 300 meters."

So, I'm thinking that <200 meter range shots from an assault/sniper rifle will be negligible difference, maybe up to 300, but definitely after 300 it's probably a pretty sharp drop. For most fights, it shouldn't be much of a difference - in my experience, the most long-range fights that I get into have been at ~150 meters.

The differences between the AK and 5.56 rifles is probably going to be a lot more noticeable, though.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    So long as the scope's 100, 200, 300m markings are still accurate I'm happy.

• Options
    Looks like one of those obstacle courses all the fitness hipsters are into these days.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I want Mad Max town names

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I team killed a guy for trolling my team, he was running around looting shit with us but shooting off all his ammo around us. Let's see if I get banned.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    No way you get banned for one tk.

• Options
    You can definitely get temp banned for tking if they report you. There's a post where a guy kills a hacker on his team and he's the one who gets banned.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    There has to be hard evidence, like a video, to get banned from one instance I believe

If your stats show lots of team kills, they might believe the reporter with less proof

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb