Options

[PUBG] Now On Mobile: Chicken Dinner On The Go!!!

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Yeah I know there was an incident a long time ago where a guy killed a guy team killing him and his friends and bluehole was like "you should have just walked away." Like what is this? 4th grade? I'm not sure if they have reviewed their policies since then.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The answer is to never automatch.

Sometimes our group will automatch for the fun of it. The worst that happens is the person just fucks off and does their own thing. I also don't like automatching as there are people who use automatching and go afk to farm team points.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Yeah, my group regularly goes 3 in teams, we do fine. More loot for us.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    A coordinated 3 man team is infinitely superior to that same 3 man team and an out of sync rando. They should just outright remove auto match, or at least uncheck that checkbox by default

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    I think definitely it should be unchecked by default, but there are a lot of people who like playing with randoms. I'm not one of them really, but we've taken a 4th on occasion and we've met some decent people. It's usually not worthwhile but I can totally understand that some people either don't have 3 other people to play with regularly or just like the social aspect so I think it should always be an option.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Yes I do enjoy the yucks of having a wildcard in the group.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've had mixed experiences playing with randos, but the times I've been carried to victory by someone I've never met while my real life friends on mic are going nuts from the sick plays really makes it worth it.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I absolutely adore the Padded Jacket (Beige) that I bought on the marketplace for like $0.40. When the circle is closing in and there is no cover, it's pretty much the same color as all of the wheat, dirt, and dry grass.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    anyone playin this fine friday night

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    anyone playin this fine friday night

Yep!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I've been permanently banned from driving all vehicles by my team.

https://youtu.be/txLg0hEiCjU

EDIT: fixed!

MegaMek on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2017
    MegaMek wrote: »
    I've been permanently banned from driving all vehicles by my team.

You should reconsider the language you keep in your videos.

bombardier on
  • Options
    @bombardier Shit, sorry about that. I'll clip that out and replace the link in a bit.

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2017
    Thanks, and I know it wasn't you who said it.

Oh and the reason I came in here was to post this game of duos I had with @Larlar where I had the luckiest game of anything ever. Oh and it was my first crossbow kill EVER even having played the game almost 200 hours. I yelled very loudly but I didn't have my mic recording in shadowplay :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOg_5pfB3tQ

bombardier on
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    You totally could have had an easy 2nd x-bow kill and saved on 5.56 ammo!

• Options
    Did some very rough estimates and I think that you get more on the market from opening and selling crate contents than you do from selling crates. Which would probably explain why the price of crates is currently going up despite there being more players/crates.

• Options
    I watched a bit of this at IEM. I'm not sure if this will ever be a big esports thing. I'm a huge fan of playing it but trying to watch so many players simultaneously ends up being confusing and boring. Most the time I watch they were just in the top down view where you couldn't really see what was happening.

• Options
    Yeah I think it's gonna take a skill unto itself to cast those things, they have to really be on it with the camera work. The little bits I've watched in the past are just watching gun icons get deleted in an aerial view like you say. There's so many people to try to keep track of and fighting is fairly spontaneous.

I think PUBG is supposed to eventually get "3d replays," which I'm hoping means you can replay a whole match and spectate the entire thing yourself. I could see downloading replays of tournaments to just check them out that way if that's the case, but that doesn't really do much for the scene surrounding it with commentators and all that junk. Which admittedly, I personally don't care about at all, but I understand that's the whole esport thing and a job for these folk.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's gonna take a skill unto itself to cast those things, they have to really be on it with the camera work. The little bits I've watched in the past are just watching gun icons get deleted in an aerial view like you say. There's so many people to try to keep track of and fighting is fairly spontaneous.

I think PUBG is supposed to eventually get "3d replays," which I'm hoping means you can replay a whole match and spectate the entire thing yourself. I could see downloading replays of tournaments to just check them out that way if that's the case, but that doesn't really do much for the scene surrounding it with commentators and all that junk. Which admittedly, I personally don't care about at all, but I understand that's the whole esport thing and a job for these folk.

Doing it live is...yeah good luck with that til the final groupings, and even then it can get real chaotic real fast. Doing it after the fact removes some of the fun, but you can highlight fun spots much easier.

• Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I admit it would be awesomewatch a match after its over in replay mode wih that aerial view. I bet me and my squad often are close to others and nobody notices them.

Lind on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I'm catching up on the VoDs from ESL this past weekend and the last 4 circles of game 4 were insane. And the ending was also insane, a smoke grenade filled smash and scoot and shoot battle between like eight teams all advancing on three houses in the middle of a valley on the northeast side of the map.

• Options
    Lind wrote: »
    I admit it would be awesomewatch a match after its over in replay mode wih that aerial view. I bet me and my squad often are close to others and nobody notices them.

My theory on PUBG from a strategic point of view is that you can imagine a circle/sphere around each squad (probably about 150m-200m at most) and happening into that "sphere of influence," as it were, usually results in an engagement. I think very much at any given time, most squads are actually pretty closely encroaching on each other, especially after the first circle. The map is big but it's not that big for 100 players.

• Options
    Weird story, we play PUBG in a discord with friends. Or friends of friends... And now apparently some random Indian guy? He seems nice. I think one of the other players met him in a automatch game and added him?

• Options
    I've taken a perverse joy in playing random squad, I can just be a wildcard and not feel bad about wasting people's time! Not to say I do anything untoward, but I do go hog wild instead of playing conservatively like normal.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    Did they do something with the sound? I can suddenly hear shots from miles away.

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    It would be neat if they made gun shot sounds carry a more realistic distance.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Some news: a bunch of stuff, but mostly:

They're adding a DP-28 machine gun to the game. With the 50 round disk magazine. Badly translated, but it sounds like it is a spawn weapon, not a crate weapon, which if so, is crazy. Even if it is a crate, it is yet another reason to never use the M249*.

*although I've heard plenty of complaints about the M249's recoil, I've found it to be very accurate and controllable, especially when compared to most ARs. My only gripe is that it only can load 100 rounds at a time. It ought to be 200 imo.

edit- oh, and they're also adding the AUG as a crate drop, and while I love the AUG, I can only think "why?" Because we already have 2 near identical 5.56 guns, we don't need another.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

They're adding a DP-28 machine gun to the game. With the 50 round disk magazine. Badly translated, but it sounds like it is a spawn weapon, not a crate weapon, which if so, is crazy. Even if it is a crate, it is yet another reason to never use the M249*.

*although I've heard plenty of complaints about the M249's recoil, I've found it to be very accurate and controllable, especially when compared to most ARs. My only gripe is that it only can load 100 rounds at a time. It ought to be 200 imo.

edit- oh, and they're also adding the AUG as a crate drop, and while I love the AUG, I can only think "why?" Because we already have 2 near identical 5.56 guns, we don't need another.

Depends on the implementation. Shorter barrel would be really nice for being able to hug walls while clearing rooms or shooting out of windows. Although, something that would be really cool would be to implement the advantage of the AUG (and Tavor, for that matter) when shooting out while seated inside a vehicle.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    I was gonna say that the AUG has an integrated optic which would be a nice toy for a crate rifle, but it looks like it's the AUG A3 which I think generally has replaced that optic with a rail for attaching an optic of choice.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    If they can do the two stage trigger, that'd make it cool. But I'm pretty sure they'll just give it a selector switch.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Test starts tonight, anyone else down for playing? Starts in about an hour and a half.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

I hope as the LMG category gets rounded out more we get proper LMG attachments with the 249 extended mag holding 200 rounds like it should, and maybe the DP-28 and 249 getting a separate bi-pod attachment. I'd throw in a BAR and m60 (with short barrel and pistol grip) if it were up to me. Maybe even an MG42 in the crate if they want a weapon that can burn through like 500 rounds in a few seconds.

TheStig on
  • Options
    Not having a bipod mechanic annoys me, especially as the M249 has a visible bipod already. I love setting up a machine gun on a bipod and going to town.

I wouldn't mind a MG42 with the 50 round drum mag. Very lethal, but quick to run out of ammo and slow to reload.

• Options
    The M249 is really stable when prone, I think the model they use just doesn't show any bipod in use. Hopefully it's something they work on as they expand the LMG class.

• Options
    Even standing it is pretty good. I find that weapons with higher rates of fire are more easily controlled. The devs made the recoil random to avoid people adjusting for the pattern, but I find that a higher rate of fire smooths out the kinks and makes it more predictable.

Also, confirmed that the DP is a natural spawn. Seems a bit OP.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I'd imagine the DP-28 isn't going to take optics and be not unlike the tommy gun but higher caliber. I think that's a pretty decent addition.

I think the AUG should have had the integrated scope instead of rails and be a world spawn, I'm bored of how similar the majority of weapons in this game are. I guess it remains to be seen what the differences actually are with the AUG but it'll probably just end up something like the GROZA and barely get used any ways.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    I'd imagine the DP-28 isn't going to take optics and be not unlike the tommy gun but higher caliber. I think that's a pretty decent addition.

I think the AUG should have had the integrated scope instead of rails and be a world spawn, I'm bored of how similar the majority of weapons in this game are. I guess it remains to be seen what the differences actually are with the AUG but it'll probably just end up something like the GROZA and barely get used any ways.

I know they're different games and what not...but if the PUBG stats are going to be anywhere near comparable to BF4's basic gun stats, the AUG looks like it'd be a more controllable Groza (AUG fires 5.56. vs 7.62, has a slightly lower fire rate (~700 vs. 725), and has a longer barrel (690mm for the carbine variant vs. 610mm for the Groza-1)).

...although, one thing that it might have over other ARs in the game is, due to the comparatively shorter overall length, the gun might not clip as much through walls when peeking out of buildings in TPP. Somehow, though, I doubt that would be the main differentiating factor.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I know they're different games and what not...but if the PUBG stats are going to be anywhere near comparable to BF4's basic gun stats, the AUG looks like it'd be a more controllable Groza (AUG fires 5.56. vs 7.62, has a slightly lower fire rate (~700 vs. 725), and has a longer barrel (690mm for the carbine variant vs. 610mm for the Groza-1)).

...although, one thing that it might have over other ARs in the game is, due to the comparatively shorter overall length, the gun might not clip as much through walls when peeking out of buildings in TPP. Somehow, though, I doubt that would be the main differentiating factor.

The Groza's a bullpup too, does it perform like that. If so, then probably yes. If not, then probably no.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

The Groza's a bullpup too, does it perform like that. If so, then probably yes. If not, then probably no.

The Groza is a bullpup that fires a larger round (heavier felt recoil) out of a shorter barrel (so, in theory, a lower muzzle velocity). Like I said, they'd be similar...but I get the impression the AUG will handle a little better.

• Options
    I was referring to the barrel clipping stuff.

3DS Friend Code: