Options

[PUBG] Now On Mobile: Chicken Dinner On The Go!!!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I was referring to the barrel clipping stuff.

Ahhh...gotcha. I will say that I would find a bit of ironic mirth in the gun if it does indeed work that way. I mean, guns that you can find inside buildings clip through wall and reveal your position while inside...but the guns that are ideally suited for indoor use are ones that can only be found by running around outside.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    That new machine gun is neat. It's very inaccurate standing, but deploys a bipod prone, so it's more accurate. Also only takes a sight attachment, nothing else.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    The length of the weapons are modeled into the game, it's much less finicky to fire out of some window positions with the groza than other rifles.

This is why shotguns are annoying to use inside buildings, because while they are awesome at fighting in some staircase they have a tendency to get stuck on some railings or some shit. Especially the 2-shot one.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    I'd imagine the DP-28 isn't going to take optics and be not unlike the tommy gun but higher caliber. I think that's a pretty decent addition.

I think the AUG should have had the integrated scope instead of rails and be a world spawn, I'm bored of how similar the majority of weapons in this game are. I guess it remains to be seen what the differences actually are with the AUG but it'll probably just end up something like the GROZA and barely get used any ways.
    - Added DP-28. DP-28 will be spawned in world. It has a 47-round pan magazine for 7.62mm. Sights and a 4x scope can be attached. It has low firing rate but a long effective firing range with high damage
    Also, you can't put 8x & 15x on the M16 anymore.

Also, official english patch notes now, not just badly translated version;
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1469725882177008623

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I got the AUG, it takes all attachments except the tactical stock. Didn't really get to shoot it enough before I died to give my impressions.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    I got the AUG, it takes all attachments except the tactical stock. Didn't really get to shoot it enough before I died to give my impressions.

If it took the stock, I'd have just hung my head in shame and gave a sorrowful chuckle.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    I was pleasantly surprised to see the DP-28 got the 47 round mag instead of just rounding it up to 50. The rail for sights is a bit silly, but I really hate using iron sights in the game, so I'll let it slide.

• Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I'd imagine the DP-28 isn't going to take optics and be not unlike the tommy gun but higher caliber. I think that's a pretty decent addition.

I think the AUG should have had the integrated scope instead of rails and be a world spawn, I'm bored of how similar the majority of weapons in this game are. I guess it remains to be seen what the differences actually are with the AUG but it'll probably just end up something like the GROZA and barely get used any ways.
    - Added DP-28. DP-28 will be spawned in world. It has a 47-round pan magazine for 7.62mm. Sights and a 4x scope can be attached. It has low firing rate but a long effective firing range with high damage
    Also, you can't put 8x & 15x on the M16 anymore.

Also, official english patch notes now, not just badly translated version;
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1469725882177008623

That's a bit disappointing about the dp-28 but oh well, I think it's still an interesting addition to the game. I think removing 8x and 15x from the m16 is pretty weird, its role has sorta been a cheap DMR.

Wow there's a lot of changes in those notes. Kar98 no longer crate, being able to shoot through water, some damage modifications to name a few. I recommend reading them for anyone who hasn't.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Kill cams are on test. It saves up a good amount of time too. It does seem to have the same lag as spectator cam, so expect to see some aiming that clearly isn't exactly what happened.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    bombardier wrote: »
    Thanks, and I know it wasn't you who said it.

Oh and the reason I came in here was to post this game of duos I had with @Larlar where I had the luckiest game of anything ever. Oh and it was my first crossbow kill EVER even having played the game almost 200 hours. I yelled very loudly but I didn't have my mic recording in shadowplay :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOg_5pfB3tQ

That dacia is the real mvp.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Map names are no longer placeholder names on the desert map. Link because the image is too big.

Edit: Also the map itself is called Valle Coronado. Does the current map have a name?

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    The current map is named Erangel.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Right! I'll still probably forget that in a week or so.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Map still is a bit funky, look at the cliffs on the South West.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Just got a solo win with the VSS. #2 and #3 both had an M24. #2 was wearing a ghillie suit but #3 was shooting at him, or what he thought was him, exposing himself. I fired off a whole clip in #3's direction killing him, leaving just me and #2 prone in a field. He made the mistake of leaving what looked like a tommy gun equiped which gave away his position when he started to crawl. Again I fired a whole clip, landing a headshot and winning the game.

and of course my shadowplay screwed up and the last 30 seconds of the game is garbled

TheStig on
  • Options
    People sleep on the VSS, but it has its niche.

• Options
    VSS is life!

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    VSS is pretty op, as long as you get over the fact it takes like 3-4 times as many bullets as the m16

but its soooooo goood

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    People bash it because they keep using it head to head engagements. You've messed up if the other guy knows where you are.

It's made for sneaki breeki.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Welp, just had my first definite cheater. He killed me with automatic fire from a Mini14. (either that or a bug where PUBG showed the wrong gun I suppose. I was indoors, so no line of sight from anyone else)

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    the best part of VSS is that since sound is only stereo, they literally cant figure out where you are shooting from

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    And now my first blatant team in a singles game (two people pulled up in the same car). Killed em both so hah.

Then got wasted by someone who was attracted to the gunfire and actually had a rifle while I was stuck with a shotgun and SMG.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    the best part of VSS is that since sound is only stereo, they literally cant figure out where you are shooting from

Is this definitely the case? I've read differing opinions on various other parts of the net. Should I just give up on my 5.1 surround?

• Options
    Sound is wonky for sure, you gotta spin circles to tell if shots are in front or behind you half the time.

• Options
    It's pretty easy to tell where shots come from for me. I think I might reflexively wiggle my mouse when I hear a noise and I use the "movement" of the noise to determine the direction. At least, I think that is what's happening, because I can usually just tell.

The sound I have the most trouble with is supersonic shots from a distance, because the crack of the bullet passing by drowns out the bang of the gun.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I remember that quite a few more dedicated players had issue with the sound engine.

Probably a lot of people knowing where shots come from is just intuition based on the terrain around them.

• Options
    from my understanding, the way sound works in this game is broken and is only reliable if they continue shooting, you can use the left right mix to see where its louder, but there isnt 5.1 programming to be able to tell (back left, or front right) etc

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Apparently this game's sound is also actually quite bad for your hearing/ears. If you're to believe this thread any ways: https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/76b2wa/friendly_reminder_that_this_game_is_seriously/

• Options
    Apparently this game's sound is also actually quite bad for your hearing/ears. If you're to believe this thread any ways: https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/76b2wa/friendly_reminder_that_this_game_is_seriously/

To be completely fair, shooting unsuppressed guns (or being anywhere near a C130) without wearing hearing protection is really quite bad for your hearing/ears, too. In Arma 3, IIRC, there's a key command to put in earplugs (or some kind of hearing protection). Honestly, the gun sounds are why I prefer PUBG over Fortnite.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

I mean, any game is bad for your ears if you put it up loud enough. Turn down your volume.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I think you can either have your sound up loud enough that you can hear footsteps from half a mile away like Superman, or you can be a reasonable person and have it set at a level where the gunshots don't damage your ears. The sound contrast between footsteps and gunshots is entirely reasonable/realistic, but players are choosing to set their volume at silly levels to get an advantage. People who have an issue with the loud gunshots should just turn their volume down.

An ear plugs button (or even electronic earmuffs) would be cool though.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    If you actually read the post, he says even at 30% volume the sounds in this game are loud enough to do damage to your ears. It's an issue of how they're mixed and the spikes being significantly louder than the lower end. I mean take it for what you will, I haven't adjusted anything, but it sounds like it's just poor sound systems all around.

It's a little silly to respond to something without actually reading it btw

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    If you actually read the post, he says even at 30% volume the sounds in this game are loud enough to do damage to your ears. It's an issue of how they're mixed and the spikes being significantly louder than the lower end. I mean take it for what you will, I haven't adjusted anything, but it sounds like it's just poor sound systems all around.

Or we read it and responded to it accordingly. Like I said, shooting unsuppressed weapons, standing anywhere near a spinning C130 (especially one that's low enough to be doing a supply drop), and sitting directly next to a buggy's engine are going to be loud af and will do damage to unprotected ears.

And yes, the person says that he "tested" at 30% volume...but what does that mean? 30% in-game volume? What's the out-of-game volume mixer set at? 100%? 50%? Also 30%? Personally, I run with 14% headset volume, 50% in-game. Ambient and footsteps are plenty loud...gunfire is startlingly loud, but tolerable in short bursts. I could probably stand to drop it down to 30% in-game and keep the general volume the same, though. But yeah...if 30% in-game volume was coupled with 100% out-of-game volume, I'd blow my eardrums out from hearing my own footsteps.

• Options
    Oh I've read it. I just don't agree with him at all.

• Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Or we read it and responded to it accordingly. Like I said, shooting unsuppressed weapons, standing anywhere near a spinning C130 (especially one that's low enough to be doing a supply drop), and sitting directly next to a buggy's engine are going to be loud af and will do damage to unprotected ears.

And yes, the person says that he "tested" at 30% volume...but what does that mean? 30% in-game volume? What's the out-of-game volume mixer set at? 100%? 50%? Also 30%? Personally, I run with 14% headset volume, 50% in-game. Ambient and footsteps are plenty loud...gunfire is startlingly loud, but tolerable in short bursts. I could probably stand to drop it down to 30% in-game and keep the general volume the same, though. But yeah...if 30% in-game volume was coupled with 100% out-of-game volume, I'd blow my eardrums out from hearing my own footsteps.

No offense but the idea that something IRL can damage your physical being and the idea that the equivalent should be the same in a video game is the stupidest thing I've ever heard =P

• Options
    Or, maybe hearing footsteps isn't meant to be the baseline for what your volume is set for?

I'm sick of games where footsteps are a loud *crunch* *crunch* *crunch*.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I have my volume low enough that the in-game gunshots are tolerable. The footsteps are faint, but I can make them out in part because my sense of hearing is pretty good and I never deafened myself with loud headphones like my peers. Back in high school, when I shared my mp3 player, they thought that I had it on mute.

The footsteps in this game are ridiculously loud to the point where it sounds like there is an elephant waltzing upstairs, but I suppose that I'm limited to hearing people in my building and not the building across the block.

Edit :
    I'm definitely going to look into that sound lock program for putting an upper limit on the volume of sound that gets played. Impulse sound can be a bitch, and it's dumb to have gunfire even simulate realistic volumes when in a realistic scenario I'm either going to be doubling up on ear protection or fearing for my life.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Erlkönig wrote: »

No offense but the idea that something IRL can damage your physical being and the idea that the equivalent should be the same in a video game is the stupidest thing I've ever heard =P

Speaking of not reading things, did you even read the other paragraph of what I wrote (or the other post that I wrote, for that matter)?

The game is built off of Arma...which is a game that tries to be a more hard-core simulation of gunfire. Part of that simulation is hearing protection. So yes, if the volume is too loud by default (which it's supposed to be on the grounds of what the game is built on), then turn the volume down to meta-game simulate ear plugs. To me, the audio mixing is fine. Guns are loud. Guns are WAAAAAAY louder than footsteps. To mix the gun volume down would, literally, ruin a large part of the game for me (along with those who are looking for a more authenticate guns-in-game experience).

EDIT -
    I have my volume low enough that the in-game gunshots are tolerable. The footsteps are faint, but I can make them out in part because my sense of hearing is pretty good and I never deafened myself with loud headphones like my peers. Back in high school, when I shared my mp3 player, they thought that I had it on mute.

The footsteps in this game are ridiculously loud to the point where it sounds like there is an elephant waltzing upstairs, but I suppose that I'm limited to hearing people in my building and not the building across the block.

Heh, even after years of flying around in helicopters as a stupid teenager (i.e. without hearing protection) and the resulting tinnitus, I can still hear footsteps clear as day from a building or two over. The rifle caliber gunfire is pretty loud...but SMGs are at that perfect level of being loud, but not painfully so. But holy crap, the prone-crawl is just unbelievably loud to me.

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Going off the OP of that reddit thread:
    if you wanna be competitive and hear footsteps, other sounds like the plane, the buggy, the explosions, the windows breaking, your character screaming louder than dovahkiin when it takes damage, are extremely loud.

He has his volume up loud enough that the player damage sounds hurt his ears. He's the crazy person. He did this to himself. I'll admit that the gun sounds are loud, they are meant to be. But this person obviously has their sound up too loud.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Or, maybe hearing footsteps isn't meant to be the baseline for what your volume is set for?

I'm sick of games where footsteps are a loud *crunch* *crunch* *crunch*.

I mean that's the argument the guy is making right there. That it's bluehole's responsibility to equalize the sound to some extent so that there isn't such a wide gap between the low and high end. That you shouldn't have to put yourself at a disadvantage to save your hearing. That the volume shouldn't spike so significantly, even at lower levels, to cause damage.

Whether you like it or not (I actually agree, I don't like foot steps being such an emphasis) footsteps are a mechanic of the game. It's also not limited to foot steps as hearing faint vehicles, reloads, or even distant gunshots all plays a part. I play at something like 70% volume, primarily to hear mumble over the game. I often don't hear things my squad mates do and my hearing in general is pretty shit. In general I keep the volume low on everything I do because I just don't like loud things.

I don't have a strong issue with the sound in PUBG but the guy seems to have done his homework, and there's a significant amount of responses by people backing him up, so I believe it. I just posted the link in case anyone actually cares about their hearing health. I'm honestly a bit surprised by the responses.

Erlkönig you are just going off a little bit too much misinfomation for me to even want to address. PUBG is not based off arma and the sound mix of arma isn't causing anyone hearing damage that I'm aware of. It's also got the aforementioned mechanic of ear plugs.

I think a lot of you are misunderstanding the point that it isn't about volume levels on your end, it's an argument that Bluehole should have a responsibility to have a sound system without such serious difference in levels. This is a part of game design.

I don't think I'll be responding any more, this is taking a strange turn and I think I've made my stance clear.

Ash of Yew on