Options

[PUBG] Now On Mobile: Chicken Dinner On The Go!!!

• Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Been playing standard and I had my first moment when I wished I was on the test server. I was a passenger and couldn't heal.

But in general I prefer crouch jump to vaulting.

I've never managed to heal as a passenger despite of what the patch notes said. And neither has any of my friends. We just assumed it is bugged out

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Movitz wrote: »
    Been playing standard and I had my first moment when I wished I was on the test server. I was a passenger and couldn't heal.

I've never managed to heal as a passenger despite of what the patch notes said. And neither has any of my friends. We just assumed it is bugged out

It cancels your healing if you go over a bump or something. So considering how bumpy the offroad is on the test server, that could be it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

It cancels your healing if you go over a bump or something. So considering how bumpy the offroad is on the test server, that could be it.

However it really gives a bonus to using the really long straight roads on the new map. Heal all day on those.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

However it really gives a bonus to using the really long straight roads on the new map. Heal all day on those.

Yeah, the healing + the extremely hilly nature of the map makes driving on roads a much preferable option on that map.

Unless you're on a motorcycle. God that map is fucking amazing on motorcycle. Sick flips for days.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Buyer beware on the Xbox version. Early reddit impressions are pretty negative, even ignoring issues with connecting to the game. They're saying the framerate is inconsistent and hits 30fps at best. The lack of aim assist combined with the low framerate makes for a lot of firefights where nobody is hitting anything. There are some odd control scheme choices, like holding down X to reload (a quick X press is reserved for picking up loot) and double tapping left trigger to aim down sights. Inventory management sounds clunky.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    The latest DearSomeone is out, and holy shit the AndyPyro clip that starts at 4:55. Don't skip this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evMIiN-7Pe0&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    Has anyone figured out how to select map now on the test server, or is that not an option outside custom games?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Buyer beware on the Xbox version. Early reddit impressions are pretty negative, even ignoring issues with connecting to the game. They're saying the framerate is inconsistent and hits 30fps at best. The lack of aim assist combined with the low framerate makes for a lot of firefights where nobody is hitting anything. There are some odd control scheme choices, like holding down X to reload (a quick X press is reserved for picking up loot) and double tapping left trigger to aim down sights. Inventory management sounds clunky.

Jackfrags put out a video last night of him playing a match on the Xbox...and it's definitely caused me to pause on plunking down money for the game. Even playing on an XboneX, framerates aren't great and inventory management makes looting bodies a deathtrap.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Has anyone figured out how to select map now on the test server, or is that not an option outside custom games?

It's random.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I thought the Xbox version came out suspiciously fast. Guess I was right.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    It needs a hefty amount of optimization. Just from watching videos of the Xbox PUBG it's pretty clear that the inventory UI needs reworking as well.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bloody hell that end clip from kritikal...

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited December 2017

Crowbcat works his usual magic.

Though I think a lot of the problems shown the vid are present in all PUBG games, whether on a good PC or Xbox. You can't give Xbox all the blame for PUBG being shit.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    I'd say it being rushed out for the holiday is to blame and that the Xbox isn't really at fault at all. I'm sure it will get better, but that is way too rough to be out in the public.

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    I'd say it being rushed out for the holiday is to blame and that the Xbox isn't really at fault at all. I'm sure it will get better, but that is way too rough to be out in the public.

At least as far as the textures are concerned, isn't that how the game looked for a bunch of people several patches ago? I'm pretty sure that Bluehole said that the current Game Preview version that's available on Xbox is a build of the game from about 6 months back.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Afaik none of the patches since I bought the game in August has done anything about improving textures

They've tried to improve performance, but the graphics are mostly the same

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Oh you mean the melty buildings?

Yeah that happened to people a few months ago if you had the game on a slow hard drive

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    Anyone else had the issue of being ejected from the plane at the same time as EVERYONE else? Only happened to me the once, test servers on Miramar. *NOT* fun.

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    Trust wrote: »
    Anyone else had the issue of being ejected from the plane at the same time as EVERYONE else? Only happened to me the once, test servers on Miramar. *NOT* fun.

Yeah twice. Actually I wish they would make that a feature. Like once in a while the engines would cut out and the plane nose dive. You gotta jump before it hits the ground.

• Options
    That'll show those afkers a thing or two!

• Options
    Someone made this awesome collection of cats doin PUBG stuff and it's both awesome and adorable. Too much to embed everything, so I'll link the album here:
    https://imgur.com/a/1fX0f

dh5kgRM.jpg

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    So I'm one of the plebs playing on Xbox. It's admittedly rough, but on my Xbone X with the game on an external HD it's not terrible. Well, the beginning kind of is, but once you're out of the plane it's perfectly playable, and I have to imagine it'll only get better from here. I'm just happy to finally be paying the game I've spent months watching other people play.

I've played maybe a half dozen games so far, and after what felt like a pretty poor start (I spent the first half of the game with nothing but a 9mm pistol) I got my very first chicken dinner.

98ulw1.png

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Any settings to help guns load while you are parachuting? It's pretty annoying to land first, find nothing and then get shot by a Johnny come lately.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Any settings to help guns load while you are parachuting? It's pretty annoying to land first, find nothing and then get shot by a Johnny come lately.

I think that's a server side thing.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Hmm. That is quite frustrating.

Especially when I play test servers and you can see weapons quite a ways off. But in the main one you can't see weapons and if you're jumping early and you're fast, you won't even see them when you land. I landed on C Section, had no guns around, was shot by someone and on my death the death cam revealed I was standing on a weapon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's similar with vehicles. I can see vehicles from miles away when I'm parachuting in test, but finding a vehicle on main is pure luck as you often can't see them until you've pulled your chute, and by then it's too late.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Yes sometimes it takes a little while for stuff to spawn in at the start of a game. I try to avoid landing in hot zones to avoid such bs.

• Options
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/3066253941346037760

Newest test server patch has added hold to ADS :drool:

Also, a full replay function (not the same as killcam), and some small Win94 buffs

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Yesss, full replay! That is what I've been wanting to deal with Chinese teamers.
    Adjusted the size of Miramar’s first blue zone, considering it was relatively large
    Win94
    ✔Bullet loops can now be attached to Win94
    ✔Added red tip for Win94 ironsights for easier aiming
    ✔Increased the zoom level on Win94 in ADS while holding breath
    Increased recoil
    Increased the drag effect on Kar98k
    Increased slightly the drag effect and reduced base damage of M24 by about 2%
    ✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔Decreased duration of camera shake while firing Vector (Vector should now be slightly easier to handle while shooting)
    The size of blood particle effects has been toned down at greater distance

The reduced recoil on the vector really is something else, that thing was already the most controllable gun in the game.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Changing ADS to Hold will improve my performance quite a bit. About half my deaths are due to me incorrectly using over-the-shoulder aiming when I really wanted to go into ADS; it's just instinctive for me to hold down that right click.

Over-the-shoulder seems almost worthless as an aiming method unless you're using a shotgun within a couple feet.

I haven't played much first person; what happens when you hold down right click in that mode?

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Rius wrote: »
    Changing ADS to Hold will improve my performance quite a bit. About half my deaths are due to me incorrectly using over-the-shoulder aiming when I really wanted to go into ADS; it's just instinctive for me to hold down that right click.

Over-the-shoulder seems almost worthless as an aiming method unless you're using a shotgun within a couple feet.

I haven't played much first person; what happens when you hold down right click in that mode?

Or unless you're using a weapon with bugged aiming stats (LevelCap(edit: my mistake, it was Anderzel) showed that the new revolver was more accurate with OtS aiming vs. ADS)

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    Over-the-shoulder is ideal in close quarters. My go to tactic is an automatic weapon with a large magazine, run in through the door and ots them to death. You keep your awareness and it's much easier to look around and shoot.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I seem unable to skydive straight down and get my speed above 200 km/h on the current test server.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Over the shoulder is when you want to aim down sights but the bush/grass is in the way.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    A neat tactic I saw Beagle use was to put his 8x on his Saiga as he always used ots for shotgun. It saves space as equipped items don't encumber you (though they should imo) and he can easily swap the scope with the one on his other weapon.

I've also seen beagle be a mean machine with the UMP ots. It was like a laser beam for him.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I happened to click on that Doc guys stream yesterday evening for the two minutes it was live. That was. Uh. Huh. Well.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Yeah, that was rough

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    For the record, I have a Winchester 94, and it has a scope on it.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »

We talking in game right? Also they need to bring back the 8x on the m16, it makes no sense that you can't put it on. If they feel it's too powerful, just nerf it in other ways.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Since it isn't obvious (or I just completely missed it in the control options), when you are watching a replay "J" opens up the time control. You can skip to different times, place marks on the timeline for your kills/dbno. Arrow keys up and down can speed up/slow down time, P is pause, spacebar goes into free cam, right click goes into follow 3rd person, and left click goes into follow first person.

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »

We talking in game right? Also they need to bring back the 8x on the m16, it makes no sense that you can't put it on. If they feel it's too powerful, just nerf it in other ways.

I'd say either put the 8x back on the M16 or take it off the rest of the assault rifles as well. It just feels so arbitrary. If they want to say, hey, assault rifles should be close to mid range, we don't want them engaging with an 8x and removed it from all of them, then fair enough.

Stabbity_Style.png