As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PUBG] Now On Mobile: Chicken Dinner On The Go!!!

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Weird bug

I was running in solo and suddenly heard the whine of bombs right on me, checked the mini map and there was no red zone

It was kinda scary, lots of bombing sounds everywhere, but without the actual booms

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Oh wow, that is a good stats site.

25.7% headshot rate! I am a master.

Longest range kill: 115M. I am a shotgun/SMG master.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    I have a 50% headshot rate in duos 8-)
    Though I only have 4 kills :P
    Across an embarassing number of games :(

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Squads headshot percentage: 50%.

Hax! I'm reporting myself! K/D ratio: 0.38. wins: 0. Nevermind.

I'm absolutely shit at long distance shooting, my max is 34m on duos and squads. I haven't tried solo yet as I'm a huge scaredy cat baby.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    That's a fun site.

Longest kill 417.0m

Is that far?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Had a game earlier where me and another dude landed side by side but he didn't see me tight away. I gave him a flying punch and he took off sprinting. We ran for what felt like 6 minutes as he bobbed in and out of houses and up hills. Finally he went up stairs of a house and I followed him out the upper window. He had hidden to the side with a pan he grabbed while running, swung at me and missed, and fell off the side of the house. I jumped off the scaffolding and landed another haymaker on his some to kill him as he stood up. Finally happy, I bent down to get his melee weapon... and got immediately gunned down in cold blood.

10/10 GotY

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    That's a fun site.

Longest kill 417.0m

Is that far?
    Hey cool it gives you stats for pre-seasons. Gunned down a running guy at 988m with a kar across military base.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I just recently got gifted this from an awesome fellow PA'er and have been having fun! Feel free to add me on Steam, If your okay with a newbie running around with you! I'm generally always up for a Game if i'm online!

Playing Solo FPP yesterday i made it to second place! almost entirely by Circle luck... i only killed one guy, then spent the rest of the Match hiding/scrambling for circle placement... unfortunately the last guy had the high ground(tm) as the last circle closed in... i also mis-read the exact direction of the last shots so he gunned me down while i was heading for more cover as the blue closed in.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    IDGAF about anything in the new crates.

I sold a desperado crate for 4.95 (about 4.30 to me! :biggrin: )

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    ha my preseason 6 solo FPP longest distance kill is 1.0 meters away

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Then a friend of mine opened a desperado crate and pulled a hooded white hoodie out of it...

Sell orders of ~$1.3k, and buy orders of ~$800

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular

Welp... this'll probably put a hamper in my playing...

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Then a friend of mine opened a desperado crate and pulled a hooded white hoodie out of it...

That's...uh...that's quite the ROI.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Two dinners and a couple of final circles, FPP squad was pretty good tonight.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I like how they worded the ping limiter to "the majority of the players connecting to the server" so, like, since the majority are chinese the average allowed ping is going to be 250-300 instead of 50.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Congratulations to your friend for winning big at lootboxes.

Personally I'll be selling all my crates.

EDIT: Why the hell are keys going for this much on the market? Don't they know they're $2.50 from in-game? Or is this a money laundering thing somehow?

Peewi on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Those keys are for the gamescomm crates. I dunno if you can buy those keys in game.
    edit- hmm, so you can still buy keys i think. Weird. There's a sucker born every minute I guess.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Those keys are for the gamescomm crates. I dunno if you can buy those keys in game.
    edit- hmm, so you can still buy keys i think. Weird. There's a sucker born every minute I guess.

They updated the keys. You use em for both the Gamescomm crates and the new Desperado crates now.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    I find it a little worrying that the keys don't just say "will unlock a locked crate."

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I'm so bad once the player count gets down to 10 or lower
    From a Duos played yesterday
    https://youtu.be/R3kuPosFR3M

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    the key to the final circles is clearing out one small section at a time while staying as concealed as possible from others. Though I do appreciate a little mad max circle action.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Yeah I tend to play more cautiously than that but there were a lot of players I managed to run over that game so I felt safer in the car

I also lost a lot of health almost saving my friend who was just telling me to run

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Weird bug

I was running in solo and suddenly heard the whine of bombs right on me, checked the mini map and there was no red zone

It was kinda scary, lots of bombing sounds everywhere, but without the actual booms

I actually had the opposite. I was in the red zone, never heard the bombs or saw the explosions. But I died to it =(

• Options
    There's some kind of sound bug. I heard someone speaking Mandarin and footsteps nearby, but I couldn't find them. I checked the replay and there was nobody near me.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Our squad got second because the last 5 people left got mowed down by a laser targeting no recoil headshot bot. This isn't a shit game.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    When playing with a controller on PC (I know, I know), a peculiarity of it is that, when I die, there's no killcam button. I have to wait for the replay to unlock before I can see what happened. Given how many people probably play with a controller on PC, this may well have gone mostly unnoticed, even by the devs; even Google shows nothing. I've hammered most of the keyboard looking for it, with no luck.

• Options
    I know that I'm experiencing a bug where it gives me controller prompts despite playing with mouse /keyboard. My controller isn't plugged in.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    God, made it to #2 place twice last night in duos, every time the circle just loves to give us the worst positions

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Our squad got second because the last 5 people left got mowed down by a laser targeting no recoil headshot bot. This isn't a shit game.

Yeah I think I'll be catching up on my backlog while they do something about the hacker situation

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I love scrappy wins. Three of us drop into Mylta against two other squads. There is a little bit of fighting during the initial scramble, and one team gets taken out. We realize that the other enemy team still has 4 people, and they all have rifles. We have one AKM (with 15 shots), a UMP, a Micro-uzi, and a VSS (all low on ammo), 2 level 2 helmets (but the 3rd has no helmet), and no healing. It's only 5 minutes in, but we decide to take a car and bail. The first circle is centered on the Ruins, so we go out to a Gatka farm, flip the car, get nothing for loot. Run to another farm area and it has already been looted. Same thing with the 3rd set of houses and the Ruins. The circle is getting pretty small and is centered on the mountain side north of the river near the Ruins. We decide that if we just walk in with the circle, we are going to get caught fighting at a range we don't have the guns for. Instead we take a big risk and sprint across some open ground to the north west edge of the circle.

A couple of lucky things happen here. One, there were no enemies on that side of the circle. Two, the guy that should have spotted us scoped in with his 2x to scan the top of the ridge and the edge of the scope blocked out two of us moving up the hill. Had he looked without his scope, we would have been caught on the side of the hill with no cover. Third, a little later, I shoot at that guy with my VSS and by the luck of the gods, my shots are perfectly timed with some other random shots that are across the circle. From that guy's perspective, it very much sounds like he is getting shot at from a direction that is not where we are, and his squad moves to take cover from that direction. Thank you replay system, I would have never known without it.

This luck gets us in a good circle position. The next few circles are basically centered, so we slowly move up and pick off teams one by one and win the game.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Awesome, in a ghillie suit with my scope vision obstructed as I'm in long grass and am easily viewed from a distance and shot as long grass doesn't render at distance.

• Options
    BladeX wrote: »
    Awesome, in a ghillie suit with my scope vision obstructed as I'm in long grass and am easily viewed from a distance and shot as long grass doesn't render at distance.

Yea, it sucks. At least the grass render distance is consistent across graphic settings, so you know the distance where you are clearly visible. Going prone is also not great if anyone is looking at you from a higher elevation. Bushes are pretty decent until the circle gets small enough that grass render distance isn't an issue.

• Options
    Yeah, prone in grass is useless against elevation

High ground, Anakin, etc.

• Options
    Got a nasty long snipe last night in solo FPP
    https://youtu.be/xRWJ47zbCzA

also, for fellow xboxers
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/12/18/pubg-xbox-one-players-are-disabling-game-capture-to-improve-the-frame-rate/
    Not sure if i need to do this on my 1X but this should help my vanilla Xbone friends

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Already has been debunked for xbox, you dont actually have to do that.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Ah ok cool

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Had my greatest (double) kill last game. Duos and my buddy got shot down as the zone comes at him, but I manage to take revenge (and steal a ghilly suit). Only a few left in a very small space. I crawl and see two people standing behind eachother in a ditch on the slope. I take my last grenade, aim it slightly in front of and after 5 seconds throw it.

I see them try to run as they hear it but the grenade rolls with them and they're blown to smithereens.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I have discovered I severely underuse frag grenades.

Won my first ever chicken dinner in a squad game last night with PA folks. I think 3 or 4 of my five kills (including the final one we're due to frag grenading houses prior to pushing in. Or turning the last dudes rock into a tiny redzone.

I think I must have thrown 15 or so in one match.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Always throw your frag grenades. Better you use them early than never use them and give them to your killer.

• Options
    Speaking of, I had a real fun game last night. No hackers, I landed with an aussie guy, there was no guns so we yelled at each other as we ran around searching for weapons. I eventually found a gun, heard shooting (it was the aussie guy getting killed) attacked the shooter (who was n very low health) who killed me with a failed suicide grenade (it failed because he lived). Not a good game, but a very fun one, and the platonic ideal of what PUBG gameplay should be. No lag kills, no cheats, no gibberish or Chinese player names.