Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] 2e is Shipping?!

1252627282931»

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 29
    I believe the reason high-initiative cost on coordinate is high is because it gives lower initiative ships the ability to use reposition actions at a much later time than they usually can. High initiative repositioning is very strong. It also allows them to get target locks on higher initiative ships they wouldn't normally be able to.

crimsoncoyote on
  • ChaosHatChaosHat HelloooooooooRegistered User regular
    edited March 29
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ahsoka has 2 cap though?

Coordinate imo is strongest at both very low and very high initiative, so cost scaling with initiative doesn't seem right for it.

Oh, they apparently announced epic 2.0 is coming and won't require buying new ships at Addpticon.

You're right, I misread it. Still though, it's kind of low considering if she's spending it to enable other ships, and using her own for modification or fine tuned controls that's not much at all.
    I believe the reason high-initiative cost on coordinate is high is because it gives lower initiative ships the ability to use reposition actions at a much later time than they usually can. High initiative repositioning is very strong. It also allows them to get target locks on higher initiative ships they wouldn't normally be able to.

Maybe to prevent that coordinate should give a token that allows the user to use a second action. I mean it's not going to happen but that's almost certainly the reason it's so pricey. It just seems like one step too far. If you could coordinate limited ships, okay. If it wasn't a force coordinate, okay, etc.

ChaosHat on
    crimsoncoyote
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    Finally played our first 2.0 game. I was Republic opponent was Seps. We just used the prebuilt cards.

It did not go well for my opponent. Apparent me not playing for a while caused the dice gods to store up my rolls. I always rolled at least one hit and multiple times rolled natural all hits/crits.

I took two shield damage total. It was rough for him.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

BetsuniPolaritiecrimsoncoyoteH3KnucklesElvenshae
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Do the sep prebuilts do the thing where they stack a bunch of mods of questionable value on to inflate the cost? Tie fighter ones had that issue.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    TheColonel
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    Wave 5 announced. Two new ships, lots of reprints... Including the ghost being remolded to dock with the Phantom II!

Also, epic play style for up to 8 players, including tools for moving wings of ships at once... And epic ship rerelease, with redesigned bases and measuring tools!

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    BetsuniPolaritiecrimsoncoyoteDarkPrimus
  • ChaosHatChaosHat HelloooooooooRegistered User regular
    I think this will be the cheapest wave yet for me! Like a couple of those Y-Wings maybe? The Ghost could be interesting but I'm kind of mostly interested in the Sheathipede as a cheap crew carrier but it's probably not worth the price tag for just that. I don't think I'm really a large base person. The paint job is cool though.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Epic conversion kit is a must-get.

Also I look forward to that new separatist fighter. It looks delightfully gimmicky.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    crimsoncoyoteElvenshae
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/4/13/the-fate-of-the-galaxy/

The link if anyone is curious. I really like the paint job on the Scyk.

We missed a few places...
    crimsoncoyotePolaritieDarkPrimusH3KnucklesElvenshaeExtreaminatus
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    From my local X-wing organizer who was at the panel:

ooDP3CSh.jpg

This raises so many questions.. like if all formations will be straight lines like that, or why the markers are blue (probably because EIGHT PLAYERS!)

qKK6ALOh.jpg

According to my friend, they did say all the old epic ships will be back, they can be used across factions(!?!?!!!), and they will have upgrade kits to get the new bases and movement templates.

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    ElvenshaeElbasunu