Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] 2e is Shipping?!

1111214161727

Posts

  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Registered User regular
    Gimmie all the droid fighters and battle droids for Legion, please and thank you.

    Preacher wrote: »
    There are plenty of people out there that believe in white supremacy and sweet sweet big foot dick.
    ElvenshaeIanator
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    Gimmie all the droid fighters and battle droids for Legion, please and thank you.

    I kind of figured eventually they'd run out of OT material, so CW would be the next place to go.

    Man, imagine the CW ships in Armada. Or heck, even in X-wing Epic!

    iLaXVZ7.png
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry

    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    ElvenshaeExtreaminatus
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Oooh ... Clone Wars Y-Wings might be a thing.

    I like that idea.

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I care so little about Droid Army ships for X-Wing, but Republic forces, Pirates, and Mandos are something I'll be excited for.

    Like, part of the allure of the game is having named pilots. Do any TIE swarms run without at least one unique?

    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2
    Glad to hear they're looking into the PT material. It always irritated me that they passed it over because "OH NO THE PT SUCKS!", when there is a lot of great content to be used.

    Edit: Like I hope the print a Jar-Jar Crew that is absurdly OP just to make people have to run him, but hate it. :)

    MNC Dover on
    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    ExtreaminatusFuselage
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I care so little about Droid Army ships for X-Wing, but Republic forces, Pirates, and Mandos are something I'll be excited for.

    Like, part of the allure of the game is having named pilots. Do any TIE swarms run without at least one unique?

    Who says there won't be named Droids?

    Preacher wrote: »
    There are plenty of people out there that believe in white supremacy and sweet sweet big foot dick.
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    there's also like, a good half dozen sith and a bunch of named commanders running around as per the clone wars cartoon, so I think there won't be issues finding enough named pilots for the CIS

    some of the best names that FFG has come up with for the game are just the goofy tie pilot callsigns, anyways

    ExtreaminatuscrimsoncoyoteElvenshae
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Glad to hear they're looking into the PT material. It always irritated me that they passed it over because "OH NO THE PT SUCKS!", when there is a lot of great content to be used.

    Edit: Like I hope the print a Jar-Jar Crew that is absurdly OP just to make people have to run him, but hate it. :)

    Jar Jar. Crew, 0 points, all factions. When you recieve a stress you may discard Jar Jar (out an airlock) to remove it.

    Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    italianranmaFuselageElvenshae
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2
    Polaritie wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Glad to hear they're looking into the PT material. It always irritated me that they passed it over because "OH NO THE PT SUCKS!", when there is a lot of great content to be used.

    Edit: Like I hope the print a Jar-Jar Crew that is absurdly OP just to make people have to run him, but hate it. :)

    Jar Jar. Crew, 0 points, all factions. When you recieve a stress you may discard Jar Jar (out an airlock) to remove it.

    LOL! Nice! But let's one-up the wackiness in honor of everyone's favorite Gungan.

    Jar-Jar Binks
    Crew, 2 points
    You may assign Stress Tokens to Jar-Jar. They do not affect your pilot. Tokens assigned this way cannot be removed.
    At the start of your turn, roll one Attack die for each Stress Token on Jar-Jar. On a Crit result, destroy this ship.


    Go crazy with all the PTL and crazy stressful moves you want. But beware that Jar-Jar can't handle it and will eventually hit the wrong buttons or control panels in his panic with disastrous results.

    MNC Dover on
    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    Elvenshae
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Glad to hear they're looking into the PT material. It always irritated me that they passed it over because "OH NO THE PT SUCKS!", when there is a lot of great content to be used.

    Edit: Like I hope the print a Jar-Jar Crew that is absurdly OP just to make people have to run him, but hate it. :)

    Jar Jar. Crew, 0 points, all factions. When you recieve a stress you may discard Jar Jar (out an airlock) to remove it.

    LOL! Nice! But let's one-up the wackiness in honor of everyone's favorite Gungan.

    Jar-Jar Binks
    Crew, 2 points
    You may assign Stress Tokens to Jar-Jar. They do not affect your pilot. Tokens assigned this way cannot be removed.
    At the start of your turn, roll one Attack die for each Stress Token on Jar-Jar. On a Crit result, destroy this ship.


    Go crazy with all the PTL and crazy stressful moves you want. But beware that Jar-Jar can't handle it and will eventually hit the wrong buttons or control panels in his panic with disastrous results.

    Action: You may move Jar-Jar to any other ship within range 1 with available crew slots. Stress on Jar-Jar stays with him.

    Build him up, give him to the enemy.

    jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1og83npmjgeii.pngT298pV7.pngSteam:ArcSyn
    MNC DoverElvenshae
  • FuselageFuselage Bantha Three ValhallaRegistered User regular
    General Grievous crew that Boba Fett's force users?

  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Glad to hear they're looking into the PT material. It always irritated me that they passed it over because "OH NO THE PT SUCKS!", when there is a lot of great content to be used.

    Edit: Like I hope the print a Jar-Jar Crew that is absurdly OP just to make people have to run him, but hate it. :)

    Jar Jar. Crew, 0 points, all factions. When you recieve a stress you may discard Jar Jar (out an airlock) to remove it.

    LOL! Nice! But let's one-up the wackiness in honor of everyone's favorite Gungan.

    Jar-Jar Binks
    Crew, 2 points
    You may assign Stress Tokens to Jar-Jar. They do not affect your pilot. Tokens assigned this way cannot be removed.
    At the start of your turn, roll one Attack die for each Stress Token on Jar-Jar. On a Crit result, destroy this ship.


    Go crazy with all the PTL and crazy stressful moves you want. But beware that Jar-Jar can't handle it and will eventually hit the wrong buttons or control panels in his panic with disastrous results.

    Action: You may move Jar-Jar to any other ship within range 1 with available crew slots. Stress on Jar-Jar stays with him.

    Build him up, give him to the enemy.

    "Meesa bomba!"

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It was the faction issue that kept PT out of Xwing. There was no good way to map Galactic Republic onto Empire or Rebellion, which in Xwing 1 you HAD to do. Now that they got rid of the mapping, it was possible. It might even have been WHY they got rid of it. The other issue was, why would you ever take the N-1 over a Z-95 or Tie fighter? Especially with their rule that no ship could be cheaper than a Tie Fighter, so there were several ships in the low teens already. But again, now that you can't access those ships, the N-1 becomes the Z-95 for your faction. And with the points stretch there is more room in that low point ship zone to differentiate ship design.

    signature.png

    Elvenshaecrimsoncoyote
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    some of the best names that FFG has come up with for the game are just the goofy tie pilot callsigns, anyways

    Has FFG come up with many of the callsigns? I recognize most of the awful TIE callsigns from the old Decipher CCG, and I think most of those were from canonical sources.

  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    Yeah. A lot of the 2nd edition changes, like force powers, make much more sense in a clone wars environment.

    iLaXVZ7.png
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry

    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    Fuselagecrimsoncoyote
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I care so little about Droid Army ships for X-Wing, but Republic forces, Pirates, and Mandos are something I'll be excited for.

    Like, part of the allure of the game is having named pilots. Do any TIE swarms run without at least one unique?

    Who says there won't be named Droids?

    All the droids acted exactly the same, with the exception of like TX-20, and whatever the name of the General Droid that came back for Rebels was. THey can make up some new ones! That's fine with me! Just gonna be a bit weird. Like keeping track oft he various IG-88s.

    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited August 2
    Uhh, Black One is giving the T-70 a SLAM action!
    And T-70s can equip a cannon, missile, or torpedo!

    qz8kb285jlwv.png

    crimsoncoyote on
    ElvenshaeShorty
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Omega Leader is I6.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    crimsoncoyoteElvenshae
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2
    Uhh, Black One is giving the T-70 a SLAM action!
    And T-70s can equip a cannon, missile, or torpedo!

    qz8kb285jlwv.png

    Huh, so they gave Poe a PtL ability. I like it but I am going to miss his old ability.

    Turkson on
    We missed a few places...
    crimsoncoyote
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Oh, and the Resistance and First Order conversion packs are only $30. That was another question I had.

    We missed a few places...
    FuselageDarkPrimuscrimsoncoyoteElvenshae
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I like Poe's ability change. I felt his old ability was way too strong and a power creep on Luke's ability.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    PolaritiecrimsoncoyoteShorty
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Crossposting

    I played some 2E today and I really like it, all of the changes work really well and are super smart, especially the quality of life stuff like making all of the spendable tokens flippable instead of moving them around, or the way upgrade cards are set up to sort of fan out around your pilot card

    But I’m not a competitive player so maybe it actually ruins the game and I’m just too much of a peasant to see it

    6F32U1X.png
    crimsoncoyoteElvenshaeMNC DoverExtreaminatus
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    One small thing from it I found a little odd, though: it seems like the 2E core set includes a lot less pilots than it used to?

    At least on the X-Wing side, you only get Luke, Porkins, and two generics, it seems like you still get the same number of TIE pilots

    I remember the original core having at LEAST Biggs in there, and I feel like maybe 3 more pilots, but I'm guessing those are all in the standalone X-Wing expansion now

    6F32U1X.png
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    One small thing from it I found a little odd, though: it seems like the 2E core set includes a lot less pilots than it used to?

    At least on the X-Wing side, you only get Luke, Porkins, and two generics, it seems like you still get the same number of TIE pilots

    I remember the original core having at LEAST Biggs in there, and I feel like maybe 3 more pilots, but I'm guessing those are all in the standalone X-Wing expansion now

    Original core set was Luke, Biggs, and two generics. This one just replaces Biggs with Porkins.

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


    MNC DoverElvenshaecrimsoncoyote
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I think standard is 4 pilots per ship?

    jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1og83npmjgeii.pngT298pV7.pngSteam:ArcSyn
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited August 3
    Unless it's the T-70 standalone, which is twelve

    (it doesn't really count, since it's likely pulling forward 3 1.0 expansions-worth of pilots)

    crimsoncoyote on
    Elvenshae
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I dislike Poe’s title “Trigger-Happy Flyboy”. Would have preferred “One Helluva Pilot”.

    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    FuselageElvenshaeFry
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Do we know if the old ships are going to all end up being rereleased over time, or are the 2E waves going to focus on new things and expect you to just buy the old ships and conversion kits if you're starting from scratch?

    6F32U1X.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Both, I think.

    There will be a rerelease of the old ships, eventually, but if you want to play with them straight away, you can do so with the conversion kits.

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    crimsoncoyote
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Hmm, I think I'll wait then

    I think I'll do much better with playing with a limited pool rather than the paralysis (and financial strain) of having everything available

    6F32U1X.png
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I think some of the models are being redone as well, such as the X-Wings (with working S-foils) and the TIE Silencer (to bring it more in scale).

    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    crimsoncoyoteElvenshae
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Do the Saw's Renegades and Tie Reaper packs come with quick build cards in them?

    I'm in the awkward position of owning 2E before the squadbuilder app is out, so I pretty much have to only do quickbuild unless I wanna do the kinda pain in the ass thing of checking back and forth between cards and pointlist PDFs

    6F32U1X.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited August 4
    Wait, no

    crimsoncoyote on
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    There's a 2.0 version of Yet Another Squad Builder (YASB) online now. Makes it a little easier.

    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    crimsoncoyote
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I think some of the models are being redone as well, such as the X-Wings (with working S-foils) and the TIE Silencer (to bring it more in scale).

    Do you have a source on the TIE Silencer? I haven't bought that one yet, so I'll hold off if there's going to be a 2.0 model.

    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Athenor
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    Yeah, I hadn't heard anything about the TIE Silencer getting a remold.
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Do the Saw's Renegades and Tie Reaper packs come with quick build cards in them?

    I'm in the awkward position of owning 2E before the squadbuilder app is out, so I pretty much have to only do quickbuild unless I wanna do the kinda pain in the ass thing of checking back and forth between cards and pointlist PDFs

    They did not, which was kind of disappointing for me, as I think they are the only ships without them. It kind of feels like an oversight. But maybe the quick build mechanic was a late addition to the game.

    iLaXVZ7.png
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry

    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited August 4
    I'll see if I can find it.

    EDIT: It was apparently mentioned during one of the twitch live streams when they announced 2.0. Finding a precise link is proving difficult.

    Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    italianranmacrimsoncoyote
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well, I brought 2E to my friends that love X-Wing, and one flipped out and says Luke’s new ability completely breaks the game and makes him unquestionably the best pilot in the game and you’d be insane not to use him

    That, the new first player rule, and the bumping rule where they both can’t shoot each other makes him very unenthused about 2E

    6F32U1X.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Huh?

    His ... his pilot ability is, like, almost the same one he had before, except now since it's now Force-powered, he can potentially get two F->D on the first attack to target him each round?

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    crimsoncoyote
Sign In or Register to comment.