As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

An adventure in Caracas - cover

Mr HerringMr Herring Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Artist's Corner
Hi!
I know, the title is kind of silly, but I' m only drawing this one. It' s a cover of a second issue of a serie, that I' m working on in Poland. I tryed to make this in Miami/Vice/City style. C & C are welcome. Hope, you will digg it.
Mr. H

my.php?image=zbik2okladkaflatwo6.jpg

fakesignaturejh6.jpg
fakesignaturejh6qh0.jpg
Mr Herring on

• Options
    EntrYEntrY Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That's tight.. Cliché maybe, but none the less tight.

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:
    hang on, i need to go put an adult diaper on before you continue explaining.

Flickr ... Myspace
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy crap, this is incredible. I like it! Don't you think the guy's forhead is a bit big though?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    A little bit... maybe... but now, he' s like... kinda... japanese :D

Mr Herring on
    fakesignaturejh6.jpg
    fakesignaturejh6qh0.jpg
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I like it a lot, but that lady's hand under her chin looks weird

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007

The lady just looks weird period. Her chest seems odd - just a big flat expanse and then two boobs - her face is a mess (but then...maybe she's just ugly) and her pose looks very unnatural.

The guy looks very well proportioned and drawn though. I wouldn't say his forehead was too big, I get the impression his head is tipped forward to look over his glasses, so you'd see more of his forehead anyway.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

The lady just looks weird period. Her chest seems odd - just a big flat expanse and then two boobs - her face is a mess (but then...maybe she's just ugly) and her pose looks very unnatural.

The guy looks very well proportioned and drawn though. I wouldn't say his forehead was too big, I get the impression his head is tipped forward to look over his glasses, so you'd see more of his forehead anyway.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, I really love how you handled the background. Good stuff! :^:

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for the critic. Now I know, I have to work more on the girl, so I will do it after the weekend. About forehead of the dude, Szechuanosaurus has "read" the picture in a right way. Dude' s just looking down and forehead is bigger to make the perspective right. Thanks again.

Mr Herring on
    fakesignaturejh6.jpg
    fakesignaturejh6qh0.jpg
  • Options
    beelowbeelow Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I like it. The overall design of the piece is really nice. Composition is good, and I think the placement of shapes is acceptable. I think that the depth is kinda blown and I am wanting to see more of that in this piece. Try making the foreground a bit saturated and have more contrast. Background is less desaturated and has less contrast. Establish a middle ground. I don't really mind the woman too much, personal taste comes into place when it comes to proportions anatomy seems to be correct. I do think the angle of the hand may be out of place of the perspective and may need to be down more. It makes her look like she is leaning back. i think you should consider adding a bit more value range into her to help with the depth. Background less contrast and less saturation, that is if you want to make that move. Definitly less saturation though. Interesting use of the colors. Kinda reminds me of James Jean. Again design and placement of shapes, It can be pushed further though. Good luck with finishing this. XD

beelow on
    "No one is trying to keep the secrets of good drawing from anyone, the secrets of drawing are the ones we keep from ourselves." Karl Gnass
    Spectacular:
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=274320