As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox Live] Morrowind! Jade Empire! Panzer Dragoon! Oh and the best version of RDR!

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I had a great time playing Vermintide for many hours, although at some point it gets a bit grindy. Good selection for gold.

Is it something that you can play by yourself? Or is it only or best coop?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    the impression I got from their posts was that the AI isn't very good.

But, the skill of the AI is seriously a YMMV situation.

edit: the but applies to most squad-type games where bots pick up Co-Op slack.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Any Xbox One X sales this Black Friday?

I am waffling back and forth between it and the Pro and I am leaning towards the Pro now that is another $50 less at Best Buy + others.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »

I guess it knows if you try to buy two on separate orders from the same login, so I made a second login to buy a second card

I hope they keep both orders, one is for me and one is a gift

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

I guess it knows if you try to buy two on separate orders from the same login, so I made a second login to buy a second card

I’m doing this on my phone, so I’m not sure if that’s the problem, but I can’t see anywhere to put the BF20 code for the discount. Where did you guys do it?

Edit: or do you need to sign in as a member for the code to work?

shorttimin on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

I’m doing this on my phone, so I’m not sure if that’s the problem, but I can’t see anywhere to put the BF20 code for the discount. Where did you guys do it?

You have to create an account, it won't let you use a coupon as a guest

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    anoffday wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I had a great time playing Vermintide for many hours, although at some point it gets a bit grindy. Good selection for gold.

Is it something that you can play by yourself? Or is it only or best coop?

It’s playable solo, but it also has matchmaking if you don’t have a full group assembled.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular

You have to create an account, it won't let you use a coupon as a guest

Thanks! I’ll do that now.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

I am waffling back and forth between it and the Pro and I am leaning towards the Pro now that is another $50 less at Best Buy + others.

There are a few. Xbox One X with COD:WWII and Battlefront 2 for $550. Not a great deal, but if you want those two games.

I'd keep a close eye on eBay.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

Everything I’ve heard about the pro has been middling and having the X for two weeks, it is amazing. $150 is worth a huge upgrade IMO. I wasn’t sure what to expect but final fantasy 15 is just insane now. Every game runs better whether enhanced or not.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I think my xbone is dying. It randomly freezes and then hard resets. I don't have it like in a box or without poor ventilation.

So uhhh how do you upgrade to an x when you get one?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think my xbone is dying. It randomly freezes and then hard resets. I don't have it like in a box or without poor ventilation.

So uhhh how do you upgrade to an x when you get one?

You should know that you potentially have other recourses, right up to bringing your console to a Microsoft Store if there's one nearby, and depending on the state/time since purchase, they may replace the console at no charge.\

(Not right now if you're in the US. I went to a mall outside Atlanta to just try a Samsung Oddyssey at a Microsoft store, and spent an hour trying to find a parking space between two attempts. Fucking hell on earth.)

But if you want to join us cool kids, the upgrade process is really easy if you have an external drive--move your settings over (and your installations), then have it plugged in when you start the new console. The instructions even mention as much.

Everything I’ve heard about the pro has been middling and having the X for two weeks, it is amazing. $150 is worth a huge upgrade IMO. I wasn’t sure what to expect but final fantasy 15 is just insane now. Every game runs better whether enhanced or not.

The PSFro reception has not been great, and holy crap, does FFXV look fantastic (and considering what it'll take to run it well on PC, at least to begin with, this might be as good as it looks for the vast majority of us). It is, however, a lot cheaper, though the PS4 is held in such high regard the PSFro seems doomed to be seen as a bigger, louder, uglier piece of hardware that runs some games perceptibly better--considering we're a year in, update support is still pretty poor (if the same were true about the XB1X in one year, I'd be mad as hell).

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Yeah it was super easy, I'm so glad I had an external harddrive from before. Origins runs so much cleaner now. I'll probably bring my old one in after the holidays to see if they could see what the issue is.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah it was super easy, I'm so glad I had an external harddrive from before. Origins runs so much cleaner now. I'll probably bring my old one in after the holidays to see if they could see what the issue is.

You can back you profile up, too, in case your Xbox gets wiped, or you upgrade.

I upgraded to a X, and it was super easy. Once it had patched, I logged in, and was ready to, all pins in place.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Anyone else using Crunchyroll and having some new issues with it?

Its always been an unreliable piece of shit app but lately its started to just close itself within 10 seconds after I activate it and it gives no reason why, so its pretty much unusable for me right now, its been like this for a week and I've reinstalled it a couple of times with no changes.

Edit: Apparently clearing a bunch of stuff from your queue list fixes this.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Crunchyroll regularly has a LOT of problems--though strangely it's consistent Saturday evenings (I use it literally every week for anime viewing parties at my apartment).

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    I don't believe it's strange, Dragon Ball Super new episodes come out every Saturday. It's been causing problems for a couple months now.

• Options
    Ok so origins looked similar just ran better, but holy shit battlefront 2? Almost like next gen versus prior gen. Not even joking.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

There are a few. Xbox One X with COD:WWII and Battlefront 2 for $550. Not a great deal, but if you want those two games.

I'd keep a close eye on eBay.

Apparently Target is having 15% everything on on Cybermonday, if this applies to the X it would be $75 off.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    As a heads up for any Xbox one X owners, my friend just found out that his 4K TV by default had HDMI2.0 switched off on its outputs. So he was looking at the XboneX thinking it looked okay but it could have been better but It wasn’t even playing it in 4k.

god knows why that's the case but worth a look if you find yourself underwhelmed by the presentation

• Options
    For all you Project Cars 2 fans--I know you're out there, I keep hearing about it--some bad news. Slightly Mad Studios half-assed the XB1X patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r81jUOvULQY&t=0s

Given that the game genuinely doesn't look that good on either console (2D wheel covers on other cars? Really? Jesus, what is this Need For Speed 2?) The DF guys are genuinely surprised, and to me it just sounds lazy more than anything, but I don't know enough about the game. I guess there's probably some reason for the rather poor job.
    Prohass wrote: »
    As a heads up for any Xbox one X owners, my friend just found out that his 4K TV by default had HDMI2.0 switched off on its outputs. So he was looking at the XboneX thinking it looked okay but it could have been better but It wasn’t even playing it in 4k.

god knows why that's the case but worth a look if you find yourself underwhelmed by the presentation

A lot of TVs will require you turn on 60 hz at 4K, bizarrely enough.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Project Cars devs did something shitty?

I'm shocked!

Shocked I say!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Yeah, my TV only outputs 4k and HDR on HDMI 2 and HDMI 3, but not HDMI 1 or 4, and you have to go into the options to turn on HDMI Enhanced mode. My Xbox One X kept telling me my TV wasn't 4k capable until I googled and found out I had it on the wrong port.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I have a bunch of "Xbox X Enhanced Games" ready to play.

And the Xbox X is delayed.

Woe is me.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    If you, like the sitting president, have an unhealthy obsession with killing North Koreans, guess what--Xbox One X and Deep Silver/Dambusters got your back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-L6Svjh-Lg&t=0s

Basic takeaway: versus PSFro, higher resolutions (1800p vs 1440p), more consistent framerate (well, by a different of 1 FPS in scenes with lots of fire anyway), but otherwise no differences. Both versions use the same detail settings as on the PS4 and Xbox One.

I'd be a little surprised if anyone was still playing this game, considering how it was received on review ("Hey! It's that sequel no one asked for! U-S-A! U-S-A!"), but it's nice to see the improvement, which was a little more consistent than Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare...

• Options
    Hopefully this thread is idle because everyone's too busy playing games.

Anyway, Quantum Break got a new patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54JNEYt3q94&t=0s

To sum up: far more consistent 30 FPS, and improvements to the game's starkly-bleak photorealistic style, but some unfortunate interior graphical glitches. Considering how much time you spend indoors in the game, that's kind of a problem, though I'll confess I didn't really notice in my recent hard-difficulty playthrough so far (I also may have confused them with the deliberately stylized graphical artifacts already in the game).

Then, Ark: Survival Evolved!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PAzqVJytbc&t=0s

Unsurprisingly, it's the best version on console, with better performance and graphical refinements. Too bad it still runs somewhat badly (it doesn't do great on a GTX 1080 either, to be frank), especially with anything resembling a busy screen.

Fallout 4 is getting an XB1/PSFro analysis. Considering the game is kind of a poorly optimized wreck on PC (It's gotten better), I'm not too optimistic, but I'm sure a lot of people have been looking forward to it.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

Anyway, Quantum Break got a new patch:

*snip*

To sum up: far more consistent 30 FPS, and improvements to the game's starkly-bleak photorealistic style, but some unfortunate interior graphical glitches. Considering how much time you spend indoors in the game, that's kind of a problem, though I'll confess I didn't really notice in my recent hard-difficulty playthrough so far (I also may have confused them with the deliberately stylized graphical artifacts already in the game).

Then, Ark: Survival Evolved!

*snip*

Unsurprisingly, it's the best version on console, with better performance and graphical refinements. Too bad it still runs somewhat badly (it doesn't do great on a GTX 1080 either, to be frank), especially with anything resembling a busy screen.

Fallout 4 is getting an XB1/PSFro analysis. Considering the game is kind of a poorly optimized wreck on PC (It's gotten better), I'm not too optimistic, but I'm sure a lot of people have been looking forward to it.

Why is Lara Croft in ARK?

But anyways, to the bolded: this makes me sad to hear. I was on the fence between scooping up Fallout 4 (double-dipped from PC) or Skyrim (triple dipping)...and went with Fallout.

On a brighter note, I also picked up The Division to see how plays on the XbonX. Unfortunately, my eyeballs aren't nearly discerning enough to tell the HDR difference...but I can definitely say that the framerate is feeling way better than what I get on my PS4 (original release version). Like, it just feels smoother to the point where it's getting difficult to aim properly (since I'm so used to a little lag in my aiming)

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    But anyways, to the bolded: this makes me sad to hear. I was on the fence between scooping up Fallout 4 (double-dipped from PC) or Skyrim (triple dipping)...and went with Fallout.

It's not as bad as I make it out to be. I'm running it at 2160p, with ultra textures and high settings, on a GTX 1080--with SSAO on, etc., and I get pissy when it drops from 60 to 40. Certain outdoor areas do, in fact, scale very badly, draw distance isn't that good even on the maximum settings.

More disappointing, I suppose, is the fact that even if you had a GTX 1080ti, the game just doesn't look that good. I'm of the opinion that the Elder Scrolls series' aesthetic is much
    more manageable than the crowded, object intensive nuclear hellscape of Fallout 4, and the Creation Engine as an offshoot of Gamebryo is showing its age. Even when you're getting 60 FPS, you can expect lots of jarring pauses as the game loads in outdoor data, or animations stuck on loop, or other issues. I use mods both to improve the game's appearance (color palette, DOF, things like that) and to sometimes improve performance (on the fly shadow drawing, since it sucks no matter what). But I can't play a Bethesda game without modding the hell out of it, I refused to play FO4 until the pip-boy was replaced with a tablet.

If you had a meaty GPU, and lowered the visuals to 1080p, and maybe compromised on SSAO, you'd fix most of these problems. You wouldn't do it any favors.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Not a lot going on right now, it's the Holidays.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    What does the lady in the Ark video have on old school Lara Croft's outfit?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    What does the lady in the Ark video have on old school Lara Croft's outfit?
    Why is Lara Croft in ARK?

I picked up the base Ark game much earlier in early access (as oppose to...now, in late early access) on PC, and for this particular create-your-character game, the cover character is consistently a fair-skinned, fairly buxom woman in a leather tank top and some sort of tight pants. usually not shots, and with short hair. Usually riding a dinosaur, holding an American-looking assault rifle.

I think by now, you can actually make a character who looks like that, though you spend most of the game in considerably less flattering rags. The game deserves some credit for not putting a generic white guy on the cover, and instead...going for a generic white girl, I guess.

I don't think I've seen a mod that let's you dress up as classic Lara Croft, surprisingly enough.

• Options

It's not as bad as I make it out to be. I'm running it at 2160p, with ultra textures and high settings, on a GTX 1080--with SSAO on, etc., and I get pissy when it drops from 60 to 40. Certain outdoor areas do, in fact, scale very badly, draw distance isn't that good even on the maximum settings.

More disappointing, I suppose, is the fact that even if you had a GTX 1080ti, the game just doesn't look that good. I'm of the opinion that the Elder Scrolls series' aesthetic is much
    more manageable than the crowded, object intensive nuclear hellscape of Fallout 4, and the Creation Engine as an offshoot of Gamebryo is showing its age. Even when you're getting 60 FPS, you can expect lots of jarring pauses as the game loads in outdoor data, or animations stuck on loop, or other issues. I use mods both to improve the game's appearance (color palette, DOF, things like that) and to sometimes improve performance (on the fly shadow drawing, since it sucks no matter what). But I can't play a Bethesda game without modding the hell out of it, I refused to play FO4 until the pip-boy was replaced with a tablet.

If you had a meaty GPU, and lowered the visuals to 1080p, and maybe compromised on SSAO, you'd fix most of these problems. You wouldn't do it any favors.

Yeah, I'm running FO4 on PC in 1080p with everything else set to the highest setting I can (GTX1080 as well). Now, I don't use mods or anything, and the graphics look better than New Vegas...which is enough to keep me happy.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Yes this can be read as a set up for a crude joke, but has anyone touched their X when it's been dormant/standby for about 12-15 hours and it still feels a bit warm to the touch? Not worryingly so, but just odd compared to the previous models. I know it's got all the power in there and such.

• Options
    Wait is the fallout 4 patch out?

• Options

According to the list, yes!

7gxws98has7q.jpg

• Options

7gxws98has7q.jpg

Fuck yes. Fallout 4 is one of my all time favourite games (I know everyone hates it it bums me out), so stoked to check it out with new bells and whistles.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Hey, Below is on that list.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I remember there being a lot of complaints about Ark early on on PC. How does it run on the regular xbone?

• Options

7gxws98has7q.jpg

Fuck yes. Fallout 4 is one of my all time favourite games (I know everyone hates it it bums me out), so stoked to check it out with new bells and whistles.

I like it more than New Vegas, though the mod scene on NV was of course stronger.
    LostNinja wrote: »
    I remember there being a lot of complaints about Ark early on on PC. How does it run on the regular xbone?

Really what you'd expect. Worse than a high-end gaming PC, at a comparable framerate. The game is gradually getting better on both platforms, but really, really slowly.

This discussion has been closed.