As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    "it's true that some of our players actually reach level 50 without even touching half of the game"

*checks stats* 53% complete, level 49. ... yeah, I'll plead guilty to that.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Transmogging is a cool thing for sure. Sidenote: does anyone know how or when you get the "+5% all damage" engraving? Is that an enigma thing or...? The highest I had available was 3% :S

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I wish I could turn off the level scaling

Just spend a bit absolutely stomping suckers

• Options

chain those rush assassinations, son!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

It should have been an option like in Origins

I am a goddess, I should be dismembering Kephalonian guards by looking at them funny

By the way uh...when does this game end? I beat the main Odyssey quest and got the trophy and it felt like a place where credits should have been but...guess I gotta do the other two big quest likes too? Oh jeez that’s so much I love it

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    There are three Odysseys.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Transmogging is a cool thing for sure. Sidenote: does anyone know how or when you get the "+5% all damage" engraving? Is that an enigma thing or...? The highest I had available was 3% :S

it should tell you in the engravings menu, but kill leaders.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

The easiest way to kill leaders without getting a giant obnoxious bounty and five mercenaries up your butt is Ghost Arrows of Artemis.

• Options

Ohhhh...thanks! Time to max out my damage when the update hits

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    At a point I stopped weakening the regions before going after the leader because assassinating the leaders while they had 4 elite guards around them was ALWAYS funny

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    So far, at level 46, I have done 2 conquest battles

Both to progress the plot

It’s good that if something doesn’t interest you it’s possible to largely avoid it

Mrs Rhesus is the same with the ship stuff

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    At a point I stopped weakening the regions before going after the leader because assassinating the leaders while they had 4 elite guards around them was ALWAYS funny

I killed at least one leader for no reason other than that they were in the little tent outside the city with their guards and I wanted to see if I could get close enough to target them with the teleport assassinate without aggroing the guards.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

It’s good that if something doesn’t interest you it’s possible to largely avoid it

I turned the difficulty down to easy while hunting down The Gods of the Aegean. I do not have time for those bullshit three on one fights

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I used to hate the conquest battles and ship stuff. Dunno if it's due to gear/ship upgrades or what but I'm fine with them now.

Boarding a ship to regain ship health in the middle of a multi ship fight amuses me though. It's like those movie fights where instead of dogpiling the lone hero, they fight you one at a time instead.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I've got four legendary lieutenants, so boarding isn't especially difficult for me.
    I just spend the whole time kicking people overboard.

(I've got one blue lieutenant that I can't dismiss, is that a bug, or does it force you to have him for some reason?)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I probably boarded ships a single digit amount of time. Cleaving them in two instead and getting the same health boost was a lot more fun.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I would turn off the boat combat if the game would let me, I hate it, always have. I just wanna sail to where I'm going stop hassling me.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Rainfall wrote: »

I turned the difficulty down to easy while hunting down The Gods of the Aegean. I do not have time for those bullshit three on one fights

I can usually pull the important ship off of their buddies, but it's always pretty touch-and-go.

spoilers for that chain
    for Sokos, I actually lost the conquest battle because I sailed too far out of the area. Fortunately the cultist ship stuck around after and I got that kill.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The only thing I would change about the boats is that I would like a mixed crew as the dudes are terrible at singing, so I have had a crew of women since the start, but I also want a change from the current roster of shanties.

Ok maybe double the shanties and we'll call it good.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I love my singing Olympian ladies. But I'm looking forward to having a crew of Mermaids.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Where can I get this breathe underwater engraving/weapon thing I'm hearing about?
    And what sort of level do I need to be to get it?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    If you go into your inventory and click the engravings symbol, you can look at all the engravings you have as well as the ones you don't. The ones you don't have tell you how to get them.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Where can I get this breathe underwater engraving/weapon thing I'm hearing about?

The weapon
    is on a very small island
    south of Chios

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

The weapon
    is on a very small island
    south of Chios
    You can get it anytime. It's in a chest in the middle of a ruined temple, but there are a bunch of 40+ enemies and animals surrounding it.

• Options
    I'm not sure I understand the way crit chance is subdivided. Does the base crit chance get added to one of the others, depending on current health?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure I understand the way crit chance is subdivided. Does the base crit chance get added to one of the others, depending on current health?

You always have your regular crit chance which is 5% + whatever other crit modifiers you have.

If you have max health you get that bonus added.

If you have low health you get that bonus added.

• Options
    cool. Getting a bit unlucky, I guess.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I absolutely adore being able to read a mercenaries bio and go " hey this guy isn't such a bad guy", then fight him unarmed and recruit him

Also I recruit all those animal ladies rather than kill them cos mad respect, they're my sisters from another mister

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    ... I haven't been paying a great deal of attention, but it seems to me that all the leaders I've encountered have been men. Can the system generate a woman leader?

after a dozen or so hours of ship-to-ship combat; after upgrading the ship most of the way

I have discovered that you can 'charge' arrow volleys. This has the primary effect of getting Barnabas to stop insisting every volley is a miss, but it also raises the damage output by ~40K ... and significantly increases fire build-up.

maybe that was explained somewhere. I dunno. If so, I missed it.

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    yeah I didnt know you could that either, neat

Looking at the new total war game I really want an assassins creed set in Qin unification period China or some similar period in the region

The armour sets would be awesome, and so many brightly coloured flags and pretty fortifications

Also, STEALTH:

Prohass on
  • Options
    So I finished the Thera portion of the game and I absolutely loved how that ended.

Now I have to finish the Cult and Sparta stuff and it kind of feels like low pressure problems to solve.

Like, hey I just did all this crazy mythological shit but now I have to go kill some random captains? Psssh, no probs.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So is the transmog stuff actually not in today?

Weird that they say it's November but not actually having a date for it yet.

Hrmm. I would like to play this game again. I guess I'll have to start something new while I wait.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    There's a new boss; Mrs Rhesus just stumbled across him
    It's another cyclops. Meh.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    I really like the one region where for story reasons you can't pay off the mercenaries, it creates a really awesome sense of tension and that the region is dangerous and you're actively being hunted rather than just being able to kill and run off Scott free

• Options
    I uhh, never paid off a bounty. Should I have been paying it off?

Just a non-stop crime spree and eventually the bounty holder gets a spear through his body and look no more bounty!

Maybe I should crank up the difficulty.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I pay them off if the bounty holder is on like a different island, or if I'm in the middle of trying to sneak in somewhere and don't want a random merc showing up and spoiling my fun. Otherwise yeah stabbing solves the issue quite nicely.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I love the idea of killing the guy who organised the bounty. Like aha it's me!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i always found it funny when i managed to get caught killing the bounty dude and then ended up with an even bigger bounty

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Man the whole helix credits thing is so dumb, lik I don't care about the xp boosters but some of those armour sets I'd actually like in game, and they ridiculously expensive, like 15 bucks for one set. It should come with the season pass or something.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    Man the whole helix credits thing is so dumb, lik I don't care about the xp boosters but some of those armour sets I'd actually like in game, and they ridiculously expensive, like 15 bucks for one set. It should come with the season pass or something.

you can get store items from Sargon.