1636465666769»

• Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Not with you.

Ew.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    You motherfucker

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 18
    I’ve been playing the ezio trilogy which I haven’t played since they first come out, it’s funny in my mind they were all kind of smooshed together, but it’s really interesting how different each one is and how much they improve game to game. Revelations especially was the franchise really hitting its stride, it’s so colourful and rich and very graphically detailed for a 360 game. It doesn’t hurt that the setting really just works. It also has a kind of Indiana Jones vibe that I love, and I love old ezio

I wonder if they’ll ever do an instalment where they have like multiple characters you can switch between and do missions with, like gtav. I enjoyed switching between siblings in syndicate, but I’d love a wider cast of characters, like a band of assassins

Prohass on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    So far what stands out about playing AC Rogue is that they really expected you to come straight from Black Flag to Rogue, both story wise and just gameplay in general. There are tutorials, but the setup of everything is very truncated, like you know why you're doing this. You've just played 30 hours of Black Flag, let's not mess about, just get right into it.

That and I swear the main characters moustache disappears from time to time.

steam_sig.png
    PreciousBodilyFluids
    David_T wrote: »
    So far what stands out about playing AC Rogue is that they really expected you to come straight from Black Flag to Rogue, both story wise and just gameplay in general. There are tutorials, but the setup of everything is very truncated, like you know why you're doing this. You've just played 30 hours of Black Flag, let's not mess about, just get right into it.

Whenever something like that happens a Precursor did it. Or a glitch in the animus. Didn’t code the moustache DNA

Rhesus PositiveAndy Joe
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Rogue was really cool. Seeing things from the Templar perspective was neat and the way they tie the game into Unity was great.

Kinda funny how Unity was the big AC game that came out that year with all the marketing whereas Rogue was the "last gen" game that was just on the side only for Rogue to wind up being the better game.

The Paris they made for Unity deserved a better game than it got.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    FencingsaxPreciousBodilyFluids
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited May 18
    Prohass wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »

Whenever something like that happens a Precursor did it. Or a glitch in the animus. Didn’t code the moustache DNA

Sometimes the protagonist forgot they had a moustache, so that memory doesn't include one

Rhesus Positive on
    Andy Joe
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Just to make sure (and sorry if I asked this before and forgot the answer) but: is there a functional difference between Rogue 360 and the Rogue remaster, it was it just a graphical update?

I own Rogue 360 (and no DLC, if there was any) but haven’t played more than 10 minutes of it yet, and wasn’t sure if I should go ahead and play it or try to grab the remaster on sale at some point.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Just graphics

QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
    Perrsun
    Man revelations in the ezio collection is broken as shit on Xbox. It freezes all the time and hard resets your Xbox. I looked the issue up and lots of people have had the same problems since launch, and the official thread in the Ubisoft forum goes from complaints at launch to complaints still being posted now. So way to release a broken game Ubisoft.

Everyone says the exact same thing too, the first two games are fine, never froze once, whereas revelations freezes constantly, and resets your Xbox. There must be something very broken in the game itself

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It's probably Juno

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Prohass
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts KABOOM Splooooosh...Registered User regular
    edited May 23
    I've been tooling around in a NG+ on Odyssey

I did the stuff up through the Wolf of Sparta, and then just spent like a week and a half grinding shit out, and I now have a very broken build

I've got 98% chance to crit at full health, with each crit doing roughly +350% damage at full health, the full Amazon armor so I regen health per hit, a weapon with a perk that does +50% more damage after a parry, and the sword that gives me adrenaline like crazy

I'm going to be an unstoppable golden god

SirEtchwarts on
    -Tal
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 23
    inspired me to double-check. I can get to 90% ctc if I give up fire arrows, or 100% if I do that and cut my crit damage in half. Hmm...

edit: what does your loadout look like?

Tamin on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited May 23

Possibly the craziest Assassin's Creed 1 related thing I've read and it's not about the lore.

Edit:
    Edit edit: And now the tweets are protected. Long story short, none of the Templar hunts or flags or any of the side stuff outside the assassinations existed in AC1 until the CEO's kid played a build and said the world was boring, so the team had to make all that stuff, get it in the game and send the game off for release with no time to bugfix in five days.

David_T on
    steam_sig.png
    ArteenSirEtchwarts
    edited May 23
    Tamin wrote: »
    inspired me to double-check. I can get to 90% ctc if I give up fire arrows, or 100% if I do that and cut my crit damage in half. Hmm...

edit: what does your loadout look like?

Mine is based on this video

I ended up at 98% instead of 100% because I opted for the Amazon armor, which already had 8% crit chance on it, but it's been worth it to keep topped off at full health

SirEtchwarts on
    Tamin
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 23
    oh neat! I had no idea that the later levels of Weapons Master increases chance to crit. That should maybe have been mentioned in the tooltip?

guess I'll pick that up, get to 90%.

I don't really want to give up my fire arrows or cut my crit damage in half... but I might drop it to 85% ctc and use the Nemean Lion engraving. Hmm...

Tamin on
    Tamin wrote: »
    oh neat! I had no idea that the later levels of Weapons Master increases chance to crit. That should maybe have been mentioned in the tooltip?

guess I'll pick that up, get to 90%.

Not sure I want to give up my fire arrows or cut my crit damage in half, so I'll stick at 90% for now.

I was at 94% for a little bit, I'm sure 90% is high enough

For me it's basically just "cool now I'll assassinate in one hit like 90% of the time"