As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2017 - Complete! See you next year!

1242526272830»

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    ceres wrote: »
    Haha, okay, this is kind of funny because the note with my name on it was actually meant to be with the light saber. When I went to order Ragnarok, my four-year-old son Miles asked what I was doing, and I told him I was ordering a present for a friend. He said I should get the friend a light saber. I said well, I don't know if he would like a light saber.. I think he might like this book though. And Miles said the friend would like it, and it has to be like his but green. He even came by later to make sure I'd gotten it for you, which I had. He seemed to feel everything was in order, and it didn't come up again.

So the green light saber is from Miles.

The beard beads were also from me, yes. And would you believe I had the tracking number for those on the 30th of December? Six days to go 30 miles. I don't know if the beard beads are your thing, they seemed thematic, though. I assume they can decorate things besides beards.

Well hell, that's hilarious and adorable! Thank you so much for the book (been on my list for a while), and tell your son the lightsaber will certainly be put to good use. :D

Heh, he actually mentioned it again this afternoon, said I had to remember to get it to you. I told him you had it but amazon sent it so I didn't have to. For some reason this really stuck with him.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I believe we're done here!

Raijin Quickfoot => Tonkka
    Ladybug2332 => Rayze
    Rayze => N1tSt4lker
    TheRoadVirus => Uriel
    N1tSt4lker => Raijin Quickfoot
    ceres => Quicksnap
    Rorshach Kringle => Schide
    Uriel => Sir Fabulous
    Sir Fabulous => Brogey
    Schide => ceres
    Tonkka => Lasbrook
    Lasbrook => TheRoadVirus
    Brogey => Rorshach Kringle
    Quicksnap => Ladybug2332

Tofystedeth => Bucketman
    Bucketman => Tynic
    Perrsun => Romanian My Escutcheon
    Jimbobthemonkey => Fig-D
    Lalabox => Perrsun
    Nullzone => Lost Salient
    Virgil_leads_you => Lalabox
    Fig-D => Virgil_leads_you
    A Dabble of Thelonius => Fightin Filipino
    Madican => Nullzone
    Fightin Filipino => Madican
    Tynic => Jimbobthemonkey
    Romanian My Escutcheon => A Dabble of Thelonius
    BlakeT => Tofystedeth
    Lost Salient => BlakeT

Naphtali => Noggin
    Xaquin => Goatmon
    Skeith => . / plut
    Pinfeldorf => godmode
    Penguin Incarnate => Rankenphile
    . / plut => Naphtali
    Marathon => Skeith
    Okami => Xaquin
    Noggin => Goose!
    Rankenphile => Marathon
    godmode => Okami
    Goatmon => Penguin Incarnate
    Goose! => Pinfeldorf

DashD giving to Hyperballad
    Veldrin giving to DrZiplock
    Straightzi giving to Grobian
    Grodian giving to Elaro
    Hyperballad giving to Kadith
    Kadith giving to Rainfall
    Ketbra giving to Slacker71
    Rainfall giving to #pipe
    Brolo giving to Ketbra
    Drziplock giving to Blackhawk1313
    Elaro giving to Veldrin
    Slacker71 giving to Nogs
    #pipe giving to Brolo
    Nogs giving to Straightzi
    Blackhawk1313 giving to DashD

Thank you all SO MUCH for participating, everybody! Another year with a perfect gifting record! Thanks especially to @lonelyahava and @ceres for helping out, and to @Goose! for keeping the chains updated!

A big round of applause to all!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Ever the completionist, here are my....

Completed Chains
    Merry Satans, y'all!

Goose! on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Thank you Okami!

In addition to being awesome, you're also my favorite zelda!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    wait

my satan was @Brogey???

what up my dude

you rule

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My suspicions were correct, I see.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Satan bless us, every one.

• Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2018
    Wait, did you reveal all the Satans, Brolo? Or did everyone sign their names/claim the gifts already?

Also yay! Perfect record!

. on
    Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    As it turns out, Satan was in our hearts the whole time.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    PS thanks for running this Brolo

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Have we done away with the anonymity aspect of Secret Satans? I know some people love sleuthing out who gifted who, but I also think there are folks who wish to remain secret when they intentionally don't claim their gifts. Just something to keep in mind going forward!

Thanks to everyone who helped coordinate, act as elves, and all that good stuff. Can't wait for November for the next one!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Hey @Virgil_Leads_You i took the shoes out dancing and they did very well

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Rad! Burn up that dance floor.
    Thanks for the heads up!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    godmode wrote: »
    Have we done away with the anonymity aspect of Secret Satans? I know some people love sleuthing out who gifted who, but I also think there are folks who wish to remain secret when they intentionally don't claim their gifts. Just something to keep in mind going forward!

Thanks to everyone who helped coordinate, act as elves, and all that good stuff. Can't wait for November for the next one!

Sorry, there was still ambiguity as to who had sent what, so I posted the master list in order to make sure everyone was accounted for.

Next time around I'll make it more clear that you'll eventually get revealed at the end of the process.

• Options
    I'll be honest, that's a little disappointing. I've never revealed myself as a person's Satan, but you do what you gotta do, I guess.
    Thanks for running this, Brolo. And thanks again Skeith for the awesome gifts.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Yeaaaaa.....sometimes it's good to fly under the radar for a variety of reasons. I appreciate the hell out of you running this, Brolo, but I'm not sure why everyone needs to be revealed - especially if there are no deadbeats. I'd assume that people are pretty ok with there being ambiguity, what with "Secret" being in the title and all.

If there are deadbeats then by all means, we shall fong them.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Yeah my bad, multiple gifters made it difficult to figure out who had sent out what.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Yeah my bad, multiple gifters made it difficult to figure out who had sent out what.

No worries, duder! We all love this thing and are more interested to seeing it go smoothly than anything else. Hell, I think this is the second year in a row that we haven't had any problems? Maybe third?

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    But how will people know what good taste I have?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Rent a skywriter like everyone else obviously. I think they charge by the letter, so maybe shorten your forum name a wee bit.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2018
    . wrote: »
    Rent a skywriter like everyone else obviously. I think they charge by the letter, so maybe shorten your forum name a wee bit.

Could shorten it to an acronym, but then you'd have the same name.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    I acidentally left my forum name off of my gifts, but also I'm friends with the giftee and it's just all around funnier if he has to try and remember who the hell I'm supposed to be on the forum.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    . wrote: »

I meant to ask, why did you have them skywrite "SURRENDER DOROTHY" instead of ".", but I think I still got the message.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Cuz Dorothy's a punk who needs to get got. Also, I hired flying monkeys, they were cheaper and you get what you pay for. Happy Christmas, Dor.. I mean, Nap.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Good work everybody but holy smokes it's February and this is still stickied?

Yikes, to the abyss with you, thread.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Good work everybody but holy smokes it's February and this is still stickied?

Yikes, to the abyss with you, thread.

One of us, one of us

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2018
    A six-month late thread resurrection? This better be good!!!!

well shut up because it is.
    @Bucketman has been threatening to send me one more leftover Satan's gift for some time now, and had left various hints of what it was, so when a
    mysterious and very heavy package
    was found on my doorstep this evening, I thought I had a fairly good idea what was in it.

I was wrong. Well, half wrong. There was (as anticipated) an ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUSLY SIZED bag of Albanese gummies, which is great because I now know the precise cause of my death. BUT, that's not all! To whit: see photo

iyhxbjmz0j6i.jpg

it appears to be some kind of psychotic mid-western aperitif. Or a dare. The internet is unclear.

So now I not only know how I will die, I know what I'll be drinking when I do.

Bucketman: best Satan, or best Satan?

tynic on
  • Options
    chug the malort

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    chug the malort

get ye flask

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    YOU HAVE MALORT!

OH NO!

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Please live post your Malort experience @tynic

• Options
    Usagi wrote: »
    Please live post your Malort experience @tynic

I'll be saving it for a time when I can take off the three days following.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    chug the malort

or don't, and say you did

then you keep it around to use to help you get rid of unwanted house guests overstaying their welcome.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    definitely chug the malort

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    definitely chug the malort

Yes. Chug the malort and livestream it.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hooray! I'm glad it made it alright, hopefully the gummys haven't melted in transit

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hooray! I'm glad it made it alright, hopefully the gummys haven't melted in transit

nope, they're bouncy and bear-shaped.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Kind of glad this thread ended up getting bumped, as the other day I finally hung the sweet Bloodborne poster @. plut got me for Secret Satans as well as a few more posters I ordered from the same artist

wmjj9gjdhau9.jpg

Thanks again plut!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List