As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2017 - Complete! See you next year!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Rank, you have good taste in music

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    @Rankenphile can I get a sticky on this thread, just to make sure people don't miss it?

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Hey, Satan!

I am not the easiest person to shop for, since I'm not a very needy person, but I'll do my best to make this easy for you.
    If you want to give me clothes, I'm currently a 4XL. My shoe size is 13. I'm not real big into getting clothes, but I could definitely use more shirts that fit.

The brands I'm pretty into include: Transformers, Madoka, Dresden Files, Cowboy Bebop, Mouse Guard, MCU (I'm a big fan of the Hulk), DCAU (as in Batman TAS, Justice League Unlimited and so on. Not their current movies), etc.

If you want to send me food, that's just fine. Snacks are good. However, I'm diabetic, so I'd prefer you not send me any sort of large quantity of anything sweet. Beyond that, knock yourself out.

Beyond that, I have an amazon wishlist.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/140BMYOAJVO1M?&sort=default

I'd be happy with anything, there. The only items I really really want right now would be the replacement office chair base, a new pair of joy cons, or the blue yeti pro mic. Buuuuuuut those are probably out of your price range. :P

I've got plenty of items around $20-$30 or lower if you don't have a lot of money to spend on a gift. Just go with whatever's comfortable for you. Hail Satan!

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Brolo wrote: »
    @Rankenphile can I get a sticky on this thread, just to make sure people don't miss it?

Most definitely

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Rank, you have good taste in music

I know right?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Oh hell yeah!

Nothing feels better than reading a post your Satanee makes about how excited they are about their new swag!

I need to sort out some banking stuff but you better believe I'm signing up this year!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    well hello, Secret Satan. you are lucky to have gotten me, an individual of unique and unparalled sophistication. i enjoy only the finer things: video games that i binge on way too much, oversized clothes from sci-fi series that were cancelled years ago, drinking anything fermented. sophistication.

do not misunderstand, i will entirely appreciate the understandably pedestrian yet well-intentioned bauble you send to my location. just know that it is you who benefit, from Making Christmas Great Again, by receiving the ILLUSTRIOUS PRIVILEGE of gracing my personhood with your offering. bra-VO!
    ok for realsies though, thanks for being a part of Secret Satans! things like this we all do together makes our little corner of the internet all the more awesome. i'm truly, honestly happy to be a part of it, and i am honestly looking forward to whatever you send.

a bit about me: i'm in my thirties and work in immigration (work visas and family green cards). i live in the San Francisco Bay area with my wife and our pup.

so you've probably guessed from the bombast above that i play video games. surprise? i mainly play PC games (Steam or GOG or Blizzard or, er, even the dreaded EA Origin). i also have a 3DS, although it seems like that system is on the outs.

i dig action RPGs, FPSes, and RTSes. think Witcher 3, Borderlands, Bioshock, and XCom. i'm fairly curious about Elite Dangerous and that genre, just haven't gotten to trying that yet. main problem is finding the time to play all these dang awesome games, so if you can gift the power of additional time: 1) what are you doing here? and 2) would you kindly share a cup or two? :)

i also enjoy video game themed clothing! i'm a male, about 5'5" on a good day. i generally wear size Small shirts/tops. i do have the Mass Effect N7 hoodie, but am always down for more N7-themed goodness.

i like pro Basketball! i'm a fan of the Boston Celtics (yes please fight your urge to spew) but have also full on joined the Warriors bandwagon (aww damn i guess you can't really stop barfing at that one). give me a break, i live in the Bay Area now! anyways, point is, i enjoy apparel and stuff from those teams.

i am an admitted weeaboo, and yes, i am getting help. in the meantime though, i do enjoy Dragonball-based goods, clothes, and action figures (those Figuarts are pretty cool!). i also have a soft spot for Transformers and Macross stuff.

NSFW is A OK, but if you go this route, please have it sent in a SFW kind of packaging.

last, i am known to enjoy the drink. i like whisky and cocktails involving that particular liquor. i also enjoy drinking wine, reds mostly, but i'm trying whites and others as well!

for some specific ideas, here are my Steam wishlist and Amazon wishlist. if you buy through Amazon, please consider using the smile.amazon.com link. you buy awesome stuff AND Amazon donates to a charity. capitalism kinda doesn't suck a little! hooray!

again, thank you for being a part of this. if i've met you before, awesome! if i've not met you yet, nice to meet you this way! happy holidays, and HAIL SATAN!

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hi, Satan, you sly dog, you.
    http://a.co/5KTbtAT - This is my Amazon wishlist. If you purchase through Amazon, please use the smile.Amazon version so that a portion of the purchase goes to charity.

I have tight living quarters (really just a room in a home, and most of that is taken up by a queen size bed and my dresser and desk) so unless it's something that can hang on the wall, carried with me in my bag, worn on my person, edible, or small enough to fit on my desk at work (PS I work at an elementary school so it should be appropriate for that setting), it would be best not to buy it.

If you're going to buy me a game or a movie, I would prefer the digital version of the media over physical for this reason. Sorry to be picky, it just makes more sense space-wise for my current living situation. Hopefully in the future when I can afford to live on my own I can have all of the sweet stuff I want.

Anyway, moving past that, I am 30 (will be 31 January 3rd), I am 6' tall, I weight 300 lbs, so sizes would be 3XL, 48 waist, 30 length in clothes. I like sports a bunch! I still somewhat watch the NFL (NY Giants fan), love MLB (Yankee fan), NBA (Knicks fan), and even soccer (NYCFC and USMNT). I also play video games! I own a PS4, a Nintendo Switch, a modded Raspberry Pi, and a gaming-capable laptop. My steam wishlist is linked in my amazon wishlist. As for kinds of games I play: RPGs, Sports games, strategy/simulation games. I also like board games, but can't really own any (more) right now because of space reasons.

I have a Spotify student account so music isn't really sometihng I lack for, I also have Hulu through that. I have a shared family Netflix account.

Oh and I am a writer, kinda, but I get massively blocked all the time. But still, stuff about writing/for writing is good.

Here in this nested spoiler, are games I have played/enjoyed over the last 2-3 years, to give you a better idea of what I'm into on that end:
    Football Manager 2017 & 2018, Out of the Park Baseball 16, 17, & 18, Overwatch, Diablo 3, Rocket League, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Legend of Zelda BOTW, Snipperclips, Civ 6, PUBG, Divinity Original Sin, Mini Metro, Game Dev Tycoon, Punch Club, The Witness, The Banner Saga, FIFA 16 & 17, Madden 17 and 18, Undertale...that's all I can think of for now

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Hail Satan!
    The time has come, Satan said, to talk of many things, of shoes, and ships, and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings!

I don't think the sea is boiling hot, but you never know.

As for ideas, here's a few:
    Board games, no CAH please.
    Star Wars books, trinkets, jewelery, etc
    Doctor Who things
    Disney
    Old PS2 games
    Laser Disc movies
    Books. Any books. SciFi and fantasy mostly, but if you like a book, I'm willing to give it a try.
    RWBY statues

I'm a chef so if you happen to live outside of Washington, any local cookbooks, ingredients, cooking tools, etc are awesome.

I have more nerdy shirts than I know what to do with, but if you find one you think I should have, I wear a men's Large or women's 3x.

Nerdy jewelery is always nice, and socks. I love socks.

Also, if you are so inclined to send homemade goodies, I have no food allergies or dietary restrictions
    Amazon
    ThinkGeek

DashD on

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    I just reviewed my wish lists.

I got shit on here going back to 2006.

And you know what? Everything on there is fuckin awesome.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I just reviewed my wish lists.

I got shit on here going back to 2006.

And you know what? Everything on there is fuckin awesome.

I feel that way about my wish lists, though I just went through and reorganized them since a friend of mine complained that too much of it was "practical bullshit"

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I mean, you could make the argument that practical stuff is the provenance of Solid Saints, but I can think of a few practical things that I could use in the kitchen or around the house that'd be fun to have.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Some people like practical gifts.

• Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    I mean, you could make the argument that practical stuff is the provenance of Solid Saints, but I can think of a few practical things that I could use in the kitchen or around the house that'd be fun to have.

he was trying to buy something to cheer me up after family drama, he compromised by sending me $50 Etsy gc because "nothing is practical there", but I figured I'd head it off in the future so I don't have to hear about how boring I am for having multiple cable management things and food storage tubs on my wishlist and nothing 'fun'

also screw that the little goldfish charger that holds the cable around its little fishy body is practical and fun

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Okami wrote: »
    My favorite time of year

satan post coming soon

ha!

I just noticed your sig <3

We both love that pillow <3

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Some people like practical gifts.

Absofuckinglutely. I'd LOVE a two-post car hoist.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I've had a Dremel on my wishlist for years.

I just really want a Dremel, but it's hard to justify the cost as a present for yourself when you CAN do the job without one...

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ok... My wife just changed her mind and told me to sign up so I'm back in!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

I just really want a Dremel, but it's hard to justify the cost as a present for yourself when you CAN do the job without one...

I got a Dremel and some polishing/sanding attachments for my dad for his birthday and it was only $45. The air compressor though...

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

I got a Dremel and some polishing/sanding attachments for my dad for his birthday and it was only $45. The air compressor though...

Yeh, it depends a bit on what you want with yours and attachments etc. The basic one isn't so bad.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I bought a Dremel to trim my dog's nails but it didn't work very well so now it sits somewhere in my garage.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I cannot imagine a dog not freaking the fuck out at the sound of a Dremel that close to its feeties.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

My santa last year got me this Dremel SET and it has an engraver and a soldering iron and regular Dremel and a buncha tips and it's real good and I hope you get one! If not you can come.hang out and borrow mine

• Options
    I cannot imagine a dog not freaking the fuck out at the sound of a Dremel that close to its feeties.

It's a common use apparently. She didn't mind the sound but it didn't work very well and it smelled bad.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

It's a common use apparently. She didn't mind the sound but it didn't work very well and it smelled bad.

Nail dust smells awful. Even just filing a bit off a human nail can smell pretty bad if it happens to waft towards you. Dremeling a dog's must put it everywhere.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Yo, I'll be updating the sign up list late Sunday, early Monday, currently moving so it's a little busy here!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well now my sister isn't getting back until the deadline.

Fuck it, let's do this thing.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

I use one of those pedipaws things for my dog, he thought it was weird at first, but he tolerates it better than nail clippers now.

He'll kick his feet a bit but otherwise I can lay him on his back and get his nails done without extra help.

Okami on
  • Options

it's not instinctive, you've gotta train them to be ok with it, but if you've got a really food-motivated dog like mine it took about ten minutes across two days to convince him the Dremel is his bff because it brings him lots and lots of treats. and now I don't have to worry about accidentally clipping his nail too short and causing him pain and blood all over the place and getting nervous about his feet, he just lays flat and gets his little pedicure

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hail Stan!
    I have been a moderately good boy this year, so here's some things you may find relevant.
    I love reading, science fiction and fantasy mostly. Though I haven't done much recreational reading lately, so I've not read most of the stuff that's come out in the last few years. I'm up-to-date on, Discworld the Kingkiller Chronicle, the Stormlight Archives, the Laundry Files, and I've read The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet and The Martian. If it came out, or is part of a series that came out before about 2006, I've likely read it. For more specifics please consult a proxy imp. Paper or a Nookable format is fine.

I love music, particularly vocal or piano. I have a piano. Genre-wise classical and video game stuff mostly, not a huge fan of rap or country or metal, but generally open to something someone thinks is cool being shared.

I love food. Pretty much will eat cuisine of any origin, though I'm not big on fish and hate shellfish. I like to cook to but generally am too lazy to do so for myself.

I love games and anime/cartoons. Generally for games I like puzzle games, roguelikes, strategy/4X, dungeon crawlers, RPGs, stuff that can be played with friends. I currently play WoW, Destiny 2, and a lot of OverWatch. I have a PS4 and PC that I do most of my gaming on, though I also have a 3DS that I like to take when travel. There's a link to my steam profile in my sig.

I have 2 cats. I wear a men's medium.
    Amazon wish list link, with not a whole on it, but it exists. Might add more later if I figure anything out.
    http://a.co/dwTpmhr

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I love my Dremel.

It's great for those projects that are too small for power tools, but using hand tools would take too long, I don't use mine a lot, but I am always glad I have it.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

I'm about 50% sure my dog would try to eat it

We got my father a dremel for christmas last year but it got put in a safe spot so he wouldn't find it, and naturally was never seen again.

maybe it will turn up this year.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My suggestions post:
    Hail and well met Satan. I tend to be a pretty easygoing person and really just enjoy getting gifts of any kind! I do like the idea of people from other places sending me something from their area thats unique, or handmade gifts are always nice. Beyond that I love to read all kinds of books, and really books with cool spines, I know thats weird but its what I like. I'm also in school to be a cyber security expert, and am really enjoying learning to code and work with networks so resources for those kinds of things are awesome. I play lots of roleplaying games, so new books or dice or accessories are always welcome. Other then that I play a bunch of video games, I have a PC and an Xbox One. Uh..thats about it.
    Oh! I love jerky! Just, love eating dried meats.

Steam Wishlist: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bucketman86/wishlist
    Amazon Wishlist: http://a.co/cA1vBiO

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Dear god of hellfire,

bring me

fire

duh-duh-duh-duh

Platy on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Hear me, oh lord of the grave mounds,

your voice is chaos and cosmic fire!

I'll keep it short and sweet this year

I like
    - history (dead people)
    - paleontology (dead animals)
    - fiction with any sort of fantastical bent
    - all kinds of strange and curious objects
    - things which you like and would like to share
    - things you created yourself

I also like to play vidyagames and my steam name is Platy, you can find me in the SE++ group. I've been eyeing the Wolfenstein games and I would probably also get a lot of fun out of Xenoverse 2. But whatever you might send me, it doesn't have to be expensive. If you want to save $$$ on shipping, please consider using amazon.co.uk or amazon.de, the last one probably offers free shipping.

Here goes my wishlist link once I'm done reorganizing it: >...<

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Shouldn’t this perhaps get a sticky instead of announcement? It’s drifting down the page...

• Options
    Announcements stay on top. It only moved down a space because I posted in the Saints thread.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Fun fact: My first year of doing secret satans I received four copies of Shaq Fu (I cannot remember who from).

...I still have four copies of Shaq Fu, like, 8 moves later.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Fun fact: My first year of doing secret satans I received four copies of Shaq Fu (I cannot remember who from).

...I still have four copies of Shaq Fu, like, 8 moves later.

Because you got your priorities right.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    So I guess what I'm saying is...

Satan, I'm already covered on the Shaq Fu front, I know you were considering it.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1