Options

Don't be afraid to catch feelings [love thread]

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    The key to dating is to be good at coming up with questions.

Thankfully, as a history student, those are endless and so I have practice with those questions.

• Options
  • Options
    aaaaaaah i'm dying

m25gzxho4bvz.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Do you think Katie verified that quote with her pocket bible?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    What the heck

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    At least I didn't come in here with an Oedipus complex

I'll take grad school jokes any day

I don't have an Oedipus complex!

Shut up!

yeah i'm mean oedipus didn't know he was macking on his mom

a person who the god's spoke to straight up told him he was gonna bone his mom

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    At least I didn't come in here with an Oedipus complex

I'll take grad school jokes any day

I don't have an Oedipus complex!

Shut up!

yeah i'm mean oedipus didn't know he was macking on his mom

a person who the god's spoke to straight up told him he was gonna bone his mom

Gods are always sayin' shit like that though

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It's not like the Gods are any better at not boning their mums.

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    I've no problem starting conversations(unless their profile is empty, which it usually is on Tinder). I've gotten matches, messsages, and people asked me out before. Never went out with anyone cus I feel and look poopy and don't like going on dates with strangers. They would not like me anyway.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck yes! I'm moving to Svalbard after new years. Be there for six months. See the light come in March. Gonna be the best.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm taking my girlfriend to see the Zelda Symphony this friday for her birthday!

I can't wait!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Gosh, sometimes I realise how freakin’ exhausting date hunting must get.

It makes me really appreciate how stupidly lucky I got with my current relationship more or less just happening suddenly and skipping right past the seeking part.

Because holy crap I’m pretty certain I would be no good at doing the song and dance that I’m seeing so many of you strong folks doing. Kudos.

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    It makes me really appreciate how stupidly lucky I got with my current relationship more or less just happening suddenly and skipping right past the seeking part
    You are lucky! Haha, that is precisely why I've been single most of my life. I never actively searched, never went on dates, and I need to know the person well and like them *before*going out with them. Recipe for dying alone in modern society :P

• Options
    grrmusha wrote: »
    It makes me really appreciate how stupidly lucky I got with my current relationship more or less just happening suddenly and skipping right past the seeking part
    You are lucky! Haha, that is precisely why I've been single most of my life. I never actively searched, never went on dates, and I need to know the person well and like them *before*going out with them. Recipe for dying alone in modern society :P

I hear that, I'm extremely shy and it makes meeting new people crazy difficult.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

It makes me really appreciate how stupidly lucky I got with my current relationship more or less just happening suddenly and skipping right past the seeking part.

Because holy crap I’m pretty certain I would be no good at doing the song and dance that I’m seeing so many of you strong folks doing. Kudos.

Almost everyone I know, and all of my friends, found their SOs this way.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I am beginning to suspect that I'm going to need to date someone in my industry if I have any hope of not being single for the rest of my life, given how much time my profession demands of me and how irregular my hours are. Problem being I have no desire to dip my pen in the company ink and I don't want to deal with post-breakup gossip about me flitting about like so many loose packing peanuts.

This is a conundrum.

i also worked in theater and i will pm you my number plus i don't gossip unless you have a tiny weenar and problems with random ejaculations

because then i will narrate all the tales

If he turned out to be a surprise 9/11 truther, I totally dated this guy.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Online dating right now is the worst

its just person after person who will respond in the worst way

Just a bunch of short answers that dont actually say anything

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    The worst way to start an online conversation with a stranger is to say only:

"hi"

This shows me you put in literally zero effort, and after getting multiples of these I have zero interest of having to put in the effort to start a conversation when the other person clearly can't be bothered.

(this has not happened to me with online dating, but rather dudes-who-can't-take-a-hint on social media). Still, though. Reading something from the person's profile and bringing up a topic is such a better method.

• Options
    wait

do dudes hit on girls on twitter and facebook and shit? That seems like not the right place to do that.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    wait

do dudes hit on girls on twitter and facebook and shit? That seems like not the right place to do that.

dudes hit on girls via literally every available mode of communication
    baby you like it in Morse code? lemme talk some of those dirty dots and dashes to you

• Options
    so you're saying I should learn morse code and dot-dash some hotties on instagram

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Consensual dot-dashing only, please

• Options
    •••• ••

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Halp

I got a message back on OKC. What do. My instinct is to crawl under a rock. Please advise.

(what is with my response rate. Looking at my messages I probably get a reply one in four or so. Granted I basically never get dates out of it but that seems high.)

That's about what I get. Might actually be a little lower, I haven't crunched the numbers.

Just, uh, y'know, talk about stuff.

Ask her if she likes mudkips.

(Do not ask her if she likes mudkips.)

• Options
    The best is when one dude doesn't get a reply from the first "hi" so he just repeats it over and over again every time he decides to message again

I really don't understand this tactic at all.

It's also a quick way to get blocked!

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    za08xsmsmnt1.png

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I don't understand why people do that.

I'm usually mortified and crawl into a hole for a while, it's like waving at someone and realizing they're not who you thought they were or going up for a high five and the other person doesn't notice and now you look like an idiot.

Doing it over and over can only make it worse, you gotta cut your losses and pray to Jesus nobody else saw it.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    za08xsmsmnt1.png

I see what you did there

• Options
    Radius wrote: »

Where's the "seething anger" react button, dammit

• Options
    The best is when one dude doesn't get a reply from the first "hi" so he just repeats it over and over again every time he decides to message again

I really don't understand this tactic at all.

It's also a quick way to get blocked!

it's a numbers game, which... is unfortunate

it wouldn't be a numbers game if guys didn't do that though

so it's kind of like a feedback loop

• Options

Here I made one for you:
    btdlHLp.png

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

Here I made one for you:
    btdlHLp.png

uh, mods?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

only angery reacts plz

• Options
    only the finest of comic sans that paint.net can deliver

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    needs more yellow background

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    aaaaaaah i'm dying

m25gzxho4bvz.jpg

And then you shagged her right?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

I met Vivienne before all of this online tinder and dating jazz (well maybe not online dating, but I never tried it) and I would never trade her for the world and I know people complain about it, but I've always had this innate fascination with it and it is not that I don't want to be with Vivienne, but I kind of want to stare into the abyss and give all this online dating jazz is so I know what it is firsthand.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I met my fiance on Tinder so I am very pro tinder.

However, I should add that when I was on Tinder, I was in my mid/late 20's in one of the trendiest parts of South London.

The singles pool was massive there so I had major geographic privilege.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    My favourite part of online dating is when I stop doing it

This discussion has been closed.