Options

Don't be afraid to catch feelings [love thread]

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    My friend persuaded me to install Tinder, which I did, and I've ignored it totally ever since.

The pool here is... Small, I think. You always know someone who knows someone you know. And I guess that's not bad, necessarily. Mostly I don't feel good about myself these days so I can't really imagine someone feeling good to be on a date with me.

But now I do have the app, at least!

E: Blake if I had known I would've let you be me on Tinder in Melbourne.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh man.

The chances missed Sandra.

I mean I'm sure, much like the rest of dating. It's a trash fire, but it is just something I feel so removed from having never participated in it, but so many other people have, I have a weird wanting to know what I am missing out on. (answer: something people don't particularly enjoy)

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I may have to give Tinder a shot. I'd be easier to meet someone in my line of work but I don't think thats gonna happen. And I am currently married to the sea my studies.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    My fool-proof method for success on Tinder: Get messaged by a cool person when you're slightly drunk and can carry on a fun flirty conversation without overthinking every word. Then marry them.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Y
    Liiya wrote: »
    I may have to give Tinder a shot. I'd be easier to meet someone in my line of work but I don't think thats gonna happen. And I am currently married to the sea my studies.

You'd probably get swiped right by every guy around so you could be picky about it

I feel like a huge problem is finding people willing to actually have a conversation

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Y
    Liiya wrote: »

You'd probably get swiped right by every guy around so you could be picky about it

I feel like a huge problem is finding people willing to actually have a conversation

Funnily enough I had bumble for nearly a year and got very few matches, all of which ghosted me. Maybe tinder is different though??

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I've come to the conclusion that Bumble is just shit, really

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    People say good things about bumble but it seems really shit and like it's full of fake profiles.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    At least I didn't come in here with an Oedipus complex

I'll take grad school jokes any day

I don't have an Oedipus complex!

Shut up!

yeah i'm mean oedipus didn't know he was macking on his mom

a person who the god's spoke to straight up told him he was gonna bone his mom

yes. that does not invalidate my statement, you adorbs pupper you

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    People say good things about bumble but it seems really shit and like it's full of fake profiles.

Desperate men are easy to dupe when they think they might be finding love.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    My friend persuaded me to install Tinder, which I did, and I've ignored it totally ever since.

The pool here is... Small, I think. You always know someone who knows someone you know. And I guess that's not bad, necessarily. Mostly I don't feel good about myself these days so I can't really imagine someone feeling good to be on a date with me.

But now I do have the app, at least!

E: Blake if I had known I would've let you be me on Tinder in Melbourne.

I feel the same way all the time. Last time I had tinder installed most of the ladies I didn't swipe were what I considered "too attractive/interesting for me"

Uriel on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    You've gotta swipe on whoever seems interesting to you, leave it up to them to decide whether or not they'll reciprocate.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Naw. I'd be swiping on everyone who doesn't seem too outdoorsy or right wing in that case probably.

Granted that is a rather large pool of people in this part of the country.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Naw. I'd be swiping on everyone who doesn't seem too outdoorsy or right wing in that case probably.

Granted that is a rather large pool of people in this part of the country.

This is one of my problems right now. I'm getting matches that are new again and if I do get matched with someone it's often someone who is really right wing, to the point where there's no way I could compromise with their political views at all judging by how their profile is focused on it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I have had better success with Bumble than Tinder.

Which I couldn't explain to you because I look like the primary henchman of a Harry Potter villain.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah it's kind of a nightmare out here for that. Like my ex was the most left leaning person I know besides myself in town. And even she wasn't as far as me in some ways.

There are ladies on OKC who are obviously into the lefty stuff but then the problem is they are also super successful and smart to the point it is incredibly intimidating to me.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Yeah it's kind of a nightmare out here for that. Like my ex was the most left leaning person I know besides myself in town. And even she wasn't as far as me in some ways.

There are ladies on OKC who are obviously into the lefty stuff but then the problem is they are also super successful and smart to the point it is incredibly intimidating to me.

Yeah but can any of them make a better wizard in D&D 5E than me?

So... We all have our talents to show off.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I just remembered last night how ridiculously single I am and I'm sorta bummed.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I just remembered last night how ridiculously single I am and I'm sorta bummed.

Man I had one of those relationship dreams earlier this week and it's still kind of haunting me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Don't make decisions for people. If you find someone attractive, right swipe or message them.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    Think I'll turn the page and do opposite of how I am. I'll make myself go out with randoms and stuff, whoever asks me out and is objectively attractive, or I'll ask them. Not sure what that's gonna achieve though. Maybe I can train myself to be attracted to people more and get into habit of dating like normal people? Get some confidence boost? Feelings and relationships are gross and out of question, it's the only alternative I have. But, even then it will prolly just make me more lonely. I can try. One last ditch effort before I'm done with it all.

• Options
    Girls should ask guys out way more frequently than they do.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    I don't, cus I'm almost never interested in anyone. If I liked someone and thought they'd like me back, I'd ask. I realize this may sound extremely unusual for someone with diagnosed social phobia, lol. Not gonna jump into all the random attractive people's inbox going by"if it works it works"like men do. I can't judge attractiveness solely by pics either. I'm just going by what others/most would find attractive, swipe right, and pretend I'm interested. Oh well.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

I've been asked out by more girls than I've asked out. And since I'm married, that's not changing anytime soon.

Ketar on
  • Options
    grrmusha wrote: »
    I don't, cus I'm almost never interested in anyone. If I liked someone and thought they'd like me back, I'd ask. I realize this may sound extremely unusual for someone with diagnosed social phobia, lol. Not gonna jump into all the random attractive people's inbox going by"if it works it works"like men do. I can't judge attractiveness solely by pics either. I'm just going by what others/most would find attractive, swipe right, and pretend I'm interested. Oh well.

I suppose swipe and send a message if you have the potential to be attracted to someone based off their pictures and profile text? Like you'll probably need to chat with them and meet them in person before you can decide if you're attracted to them.

At the very least you can use the pics/profile to filter out the people you're definitely not attracted to.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

Last time I asked a guy out it wasn't a for a date so much as I was going to be in town for a weekend and did he want to join me in my hotel for no-strings-attached sex before I flew back to my home state. A kinda-one night stand but for 2 nights.

We'll have been together for 12 years in January.

This did not go as planned.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Decomposey wrote: »

Last time I asked a guy out it wasn't a for a date so much as I was going to be in town for a weekend and did he want to join me in my hotel for no-strings-attached sex before I flew back to my home state. A kinda-one night stand but for 2 nights.

2-night-stand, 4383-night-stand, close enough

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

it's just a no-strings-attached 4272-night stand

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Uh oh we've got a third of a year difference there...

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options

From what I've seen when girls make the first move this is almost always the result.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

I suppose swipe and send a message if you have the potential to be attracted to someone based off their pictures and profile text? Like you'll probably need to chat with them and meet them in person before you can decide if you're attracted to them.
    Most just have pictures and don't wanna talk besides a few "how are you/where you're from"type of lines after which convo abruptly stops, OR they ask you to have sex and if you refuse, they unmatch immediately. Even if they did have some text, I can't be attracted to people based off a picture and a few lines?I just see that someone is attractive(not to me, but to most probably), but it does nothing. If I go out with people, it wont be cus I see "potential". I'll just fake it all and hopefully become a different person who can soon jump from a penis to penis and not give a damn.

• Options
    Kadith wrote: »
    Uh oh we've got a third of a year difference there...

I projected out to their anniversary. What can I say, I got a feeling those kids are gonna make it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    This is the love thread, not the math thread.

• Options
    i've definitely definitely been asked out by more girls than i've asked

like 100000000000% more

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    This is the love thread, not the math thread.

love is math

math is love

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    1+1= <3

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

From what I've seen when girls make the first move this is almost always the result.

Literally the only relationships I've had were ones where things were escalated past wherever we'd been at by the lady involved.

I suspect I'm an outlier, but as far as I'm concerned it's a good system.

Also apparently I was supposed to already have a registry before we had an engagement party??? This is (pretty late) news to me.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.