Options

Don't be afraid to catch feelings [love thread]

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Girls should ask guys out way more frequently than they do.

Last time I asked a guy out it wasn't a for a date so much as I was going to be in town for a weekend and did he want to join me in my hotel for no-strings-attached sex before I flew back to my home state. A kinda-one night stand but for 2 nights.

We'll have been together for 12 years in January.

This did not go as planned.

From what I've seen when girls make the first move this is almost always the result.

Literally the only relationships I've had were ones where things were escalated past wherever we'd been at by the lady involved.

I suspect I'm an outlier, but as far as I'm concerned it's a good system.

Also apparently I was supposed to already have a registry before we had an engagement party??? This is (pretty late) news to me.

My longest relationships have been those.

One of them was because I made her jealous since I never really took her out on a date and just met her a few weeks before hand but she found out I was going out on a date with another lady.

That's just me, Bowen, a regular ladies man over here.

I've always had better luck attracting women when I'm in a relationship though, it's weird.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV6-oNRSqCk

OWL PARROTS

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    grrmusha wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

I suppose swipe and send a message if you have the potential to be attracted to someone based off their pictures and profile text? Like you'll probably need to chat with them and meet them in person before you can decide if you're attracted to them.
    Most just have pictures and don't wanna talk besides a few "how are you/where you're from"type of lines after which convo abruptly stops, OR they ask you to have sex and if you refuse, they unmatch immediately. Even if they did have some text, I can't be attracted to people based off a picture and a few lines?I just see that someone is attractive(not to me, but to most probably), but it does nothing. If I go out with people, it wont be cus I see "potential". I'll just fake it all and hopefully become a different person who can soon jump from a penis to penis and not give a damn.

Maybe Tinder isn't the dating tool for you.

I know Okcupid was good (I met my wife on Okcupid!), not sure how it's holding up now, but it allows for much longer form answers, as well as compatiblity tests with questions/answers that you can use to decide if people are a good match for you. You can at least find people who share compatible lifestyles/interests/philosophies as you, which can help you get over that hump of "I'm not sure I find this person attractive".

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Brolo wrote: »
    Maybe Tinder isn't the dating tool for you.

I know Okcupid was good (I met my wife on Okcupid!), not sure how it's holding up now, but it allows for much longer form answers, as well as compatiblity tests with questions/answers that you can use to decide if people are a good match for you. You can at least find people who share compatible lifestyles/interests/philosophies as you, which can help you get over that hump of "I'm not sure I find this person attractive".
    Yep. I used to always recommend OKC to people. That's how I met my ex, the only guy I've ever met from the internet. We were over 90% match, and irl one of those couples you see and think they're really good together. Just have no energy for that anymore :( Chit chats, getting to know person, and then soon enough they're avoiding to meet cus they'd rather sit on their butt and game. Tinder men are more proactive, outdoorsy and sports types, while the ones on OKC are extremely passive and more nerdy. I love nerdy, but if they don't wanna do anything with you or see you?

grrmusha on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

But we doooooo

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »

But we doooooo

It's like a 100:1 of guys:girls doing the asking though. At least around here.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Of the 3 women I've ever dated, I only asked one of them out. Very awkwardly. Then we had 1 sort of date, and were "together" for about a week before she broke it off. Probably for the best.

The other two Id been friends with for about 6 months first, then it sort of escalated to casual sex just for funsies. Which remained casual for like 18 hours.
    One broke my heart later.
    The other took 8 years.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

But we doooooo

But I want girls to ask meeeeee out

*whine*

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    last person i matched with, he had a photo of himself bottle feeding a kitten, so i swiped right. his first message was "hi". i said "hi"back. weeks after that, he messaged again asking if i want sex for one night. my answer was "no thanks, good luck with that". summary of pretty much every convo i've ever had on tinder. I'm not gonna be jumping on any penises this way, am I?

• Options
    maybe if he did hi in morse code he'd be better off

• Options
    last person i matched with, he had a photo of himself bottle feeding a kitten, so i swiped right. his first message was "hi". i said "hi"back. weeks after that, he messaged again asking if i want sex for one night. my answer was "no thanks, good luck with that". summary of pretty much every convo i've ever had on tinder. I'm not gonna be jumping on any penises this way, am I?

yikes what a creep

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    .... . -.-- / --. .. .-. .-.. / .... --- .-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- .. -. --.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Also, hi love thread. The other day I realized I might still be in love with an ex and that fun realization ruined my whole fucking week.

booooooo

• Options
    I think I'm going to try morse code as a joke message and see if it gets me anywhere in OKC one day.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Magic Pink wrote: »

yikes what a creep
    at least he asked. better than being dragged forever only to find out you were used. btw, using pics of pussy to attract pussy, how effective is it?

grrmusha on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »

I'LL KILL YOU

• Options

yikes what a creep
    at least he asked. better than being dragged forever only to find out you were used. btw, using pics of pussy to attract pussy, how effective is it?

are we talking a tabby here or maybe a norwegian forest cat?

• Options
    edited November 2017

yikes what a creep

any. hairy or bald pussy. it certainly works on me, until I find out they don't even like cats ha

grrmusha on
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »

.. .----. .-.. .-.. / -.- .. .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..-

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options

yikes what a creep

any. hairy or bald pussy. it certainly works on me, at least until I find out they don't even like cats ha

wait are we still talking about cats

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    We better be, this is a 13+ forum

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

hmm

• Options
    edited November 2017

yikes what a creep

any. hairy or bald pussy. it certainly works on me, at least until I find out they don't even like cats ha

-.-- . ...
    wasn't there talk about tiny ejaculating weiners few pages back?

grrmusha on
  • Options
    edited November 2017

yikes what a creep

-.-- . ...

-. .. -.-. .

bowen on
  • Options

yikes what a creep

-.-- . ...
    wasn't there talk about tiny ejaculating weiners few pages back?

i was absolutely talking about ejaculating weiners when i was 13

tiny and otherwise

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    13+!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I wonder who the actual youngest forums regular is right now

• Options
    edited November 2017
    me

i'm so damn young

look how fucking young i am

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    MP is 13 I think

• Options
    me

i'm so damn young

look how fucking young i am

you're very spry and young at heart

• Options
    MP was like 40 when I first joined the forums back in like 2001

• Options
    Well I know I'm an old fogy

• Options

I'M 29

*sob*

• Options

I'M 29

*sob*

oh shit you're younger than me how the fuck did that happen

• Options

I'M 29

*sob*

oh shit you're younger than me how the fuck did that happen

honestly he's got a lot of fucking nerve being younger than us

• Options
    Thank goodness I'm only 4 years older and not like, 10+

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm a couple months away from 34. Just roll me into a retirement home already.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm a couple months away from 34. Just roll me into a retirement home already.

Same. All of my body hair is going grey and I can now gain weight by simply imagining food.

• Options
    Just roll me into a retirement home already.

same but seriously

• Options
    Thank goodness I'm only 4 years older and not like, 10+

hey!

This discussion has been closed.