As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chickens mate using a move called a [podcast thread]

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Lup was pretty much the same thing as Dumbledore, only they announced it before the start of play instead of after the end

this is Good, well done

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Lup was pretty much the same thing as Dumbledore, only they announced it before the start of play instead of after the end

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    extremely good Alex sighting

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    extremely good Alex sighting

"There's your spy."

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    oh shit i missed a waypoint stream today where they played PUBG with perhaps the greatest UFC fighter of all time, Demetrious Johnson, and also got him on the podcast proper

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Holy shit Aphostile

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Holy shit Aphostile

Wait what?

OH HOLY SHIT I LOOKED AT THE DONATIOSN

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Dammit Ryan, right after I had to leave to get dinner

What'd he give

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    He gave a thousand

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Holy shit Aphostile

Wait what?

OH HOLY SHIT I LOOKED AT THE DONATIOSN

I haven't been watching since I'm sick, What happened?

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It's amazing how much this spy game improved by just adding one person.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    NETFLIX MONEY

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    NETFLIX MONEY

Need some meme magic up in here for that phrase now

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    oh shit i missed a waypoint stream today where they played PUBG with perhaps the greatest UFC fighter of all time, Demetrious Johnson, and also got him on the podcast proper

The PUBG stream was really short, I don't think it was even a full hour of play.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Boy, Errol Flynn was sure a piece of work

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

A prominent pansexual, yay!

Oh wait

Oh nooooooo

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Dan should pursue his newfound career in wizardry.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    MAGIC!

Dan is a master magician.

A masm... er... magister?

Oh shit is that what magister means? Magician Master?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    MAGIC!

Pretty sure it's just Latin for master/teacher

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    MAGIC!

Pretty sure it's just Latin for master/teacher

Sounds like wizardry to me.

• Options
    These bits with Dan and magic are pretty fucking hilarious and awesome

• Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular

I learned the other day that Norman Mailer once attempted to murder his wife and everybody just sort of shrugged about it. WTF everyone.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    William S. Borroughs shot his wife in the head while in Mexico and then bribed the court to say it was an accident and everyone just shrugged about it.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    These bits with Dan and magic are pretty fucking hilarious and awesome

I hope someone cuts them together because they are gold.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hahaha. Them being legitimately impressed by Dan's magic.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Dan will never be the Master Wizard that Jeff is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxl2gTsMQ90

(skip to ~50min)

Jeff's pronunciation of "prestidigitation" always kills me.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I felt there was kind of a weird vibe with Vinny talking about Wolfenstein on today's Beast. I kind of got the feeling he was trying to get Alex and Dan to talk some shit on it or perhaps engage in the "these Nazis are TOO evil" discourse. They didn't and it ended quickly but I had an eyebrow cocked at how he was addressing the game.

I don't know, probably just me but it just seemed a little weird.

MAGIC!!!

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Dan's allusion to ludonarrative dissonance :D

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Fuck I wish Austin was still on Giant Bomb.

He and Dan have such great rapport

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I gotta say this stream has made me want to do two things, build a gingerbread house and eat that fuckin' chip.

I've never built a gingerbread house.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I felt there was kind of a weird vibe with Vinny talking about Wolfenstein on today's Beast. I kind of got the feeling he was trying to get Alex and Dan to talk some shit on it or perhaps engage in the "these Nazis are TOO evil" discourse. They didn't and it ended quickly but I had an eyebrow cocked at how he was addressing the game.

MAGIC!!!
    Given that Vinny's wife and kids are Jewish, I doubt he has any problem with Wolf's portrayal of Nazi slime.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

MAGIC!!!
    Given that Vinny's wife and kids are Jewish, I doubt he has any problem with Wolf's portrayal of Nazi slime.

This reminds me, I was kind of surprised by something in the CoD quicklook
    There's literally a moment in the campaign where you and your fellow soldiers talk about how Not All Nazis you're fighting are bad, and that Germans are responsible for so many great inventions, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

MAGIC!!!

There's literally a moment in the campaign where you and your fellow soldiers talk about how Not All Nazis you're fighting are bad, and that Germans are responsible for so many great inventions, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing?

Oof, that's... not great at all. Is it specifically:
    Not all nazis you're fighting being bad? I could see not all German soldiers being bad. I mean, some of them tried to kill Hitler.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

MAGIC!!!

Oof, that's... not great at all. Is it specifically:
    Not all nazis you're fighting being bad? I could see not all German soldiers being bad. I mean, some of them tried to kill Hitler.
    From what I saw it was mostly the latter, which isn't awful, but it absolutely stemmed from the former

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I think a dude mentioned Johannes Kepler as an example of a German who was not bad and shut up, nerd, you just wanted to show you know who Kepler is he died in the 1600s or some shit that's not relevant to the war or ideologies currently being fought right now nerd

• Options
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Totally Reprise has started on the three-part third season finale, and there's a lot of new lore here.
    Ashley and Luke are singing happy birthday, and it is not in unison, and I'm not sure if that's because of the nature of podcasts or because they're bad at this.
    Ashley, certified Nintendo fan
    "I don't think it's a secret, Ashley." "But it's funnier if I act like it iiiiiiiiis."
    "Ashley, Ashley, is there a world where the dumbest movie in the world isn't my favorite thing?"
    "He's got a lot of abs." "He's got so many abs! He just put them all out there!"
    "If you replace the personas with cars you get Tokyo Drift."
    Luke is wrong, this episode is extremely good.
    "We open... somewhere?"
    "How can we make fun of them if they're good spies? The answer may surprise you."
    "This is just Alex discovering her true fursona, right?" "Oh yeah, absolutely." "Oh God, yeah."
    "Luke, I can hear you playing Super Mario right now."
    It is EXTREMELY just Lara Croft
    "WOOHP has to have so many cameras in so many places, and we've talked about it before, but, this is just a random family's home that they're surveilling, on the off chance that their child might be spy material."
    "This does also at least change the lore that we'd previously known, from Totally Spies: Totally Party" thank you for remembering that
    "Clover's already doing illegal shit." YEP
    "So WOOHP must employ half of the world population, to spy on the other half."
    "Listen, sometimes I can't stand on one foot."
    "I'm sorry, I know that that's what happens, but I can't deal with you just saying 'Lara Croft appears.'"
    "So they break the water main, and it shorts out all the electricity in the room" Oh, you wouldn't want that to happen
    "What if Dean's not even real?" another fuckin Troy Bayou situation
    "It would not be the first time Alex has fallen for a computer man." YEP
    "I would ask when he got a birth mark, but, birth, probably."
    "Because we don't want, you know, to have a short short episode like today, where it's only a measly hour of us talking about Totally Spies."
    "This may be the Rosetta Stone of Totally Spies."
    "I love you and you're my really good friend." "I love you too, Ashley."
    Luke is just describing horrible things Tuxedo Mask has done.
    "Code Lyoko sucks though."
    "You know, we talked a lot about what we're going to do after Totally Reprise... what if we just started over? Came at it with a fresh perspective?"
    There is not a live-action Code Lyoko movie, there is a live-action Code Lyoko sequel series.
    "Nope, you linked us the Code Lyoko photo again!"
    The youtube comment segment is good
    fuck I forgot about David
    OH NO SOMEONE HAS CONTACTED THE PODCAST THROUGH THE COMMENTS
    "We should end the podcast, we've just been defeated."

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "Code Lyoko sucks though" you're watching totally spies

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Code Lyoko is worse than Totally Spies and that's just a fact that's true

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Based on watching one episode of Code Lyoko, Code Lyoko seems worse.

This discussion has been closed.