Options

[Overwatch] #12: OWL Stage 3 Returns, Retribution Soon

19495969798100»

Posts

  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    So am I the only one who likes Mercy as is and thinks she's fine?

    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Really? I like it much better than uprising in comparison. Or maybe you meant halloween?

  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    Really? I like it much better than uprising in comparison. Or maybe you meant halloween?

    I meant both, but opinions and all.

    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    She's my last choice for healer because i like better tools to deal with flankers and she's kind of boring, but yeah she's fine.

  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I like Retribution but it does suffer a bit from a lack of varied objectives. It's pretty much just a leisurely walk from A to B and ends up feeling very short. Could have used some sort of a midway objective that changes the gameplay a little.

  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    And my first legendary skin out of the Uprising boxes is my third legendary Hanzo skin, and it's not the new one, and I cannot emphasize enough Jeff I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY HANZO EVEN IF HE IS THE ONLY ONE I HAVE THREE LEGENDARIES FOR. I haven't even opened a recolor for 4 heroes!

  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Not a single skin so far, 6 boxes in. Also had several Genjis end up killing us because they jump into the last fight you don't do.

  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Lost my first game of Retribution because they wouldn't get in the transport..

  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Lost my first game of Retribution because they wouldn't get in the transport..

    Was it a Genji?

    It feels like it's almost always the Genji

  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Things I've learned:

    Using Genji's blade dash or Moira's fade ability causes the Assassin to go stupid and just stand there if it targets them. McCree can obviously flashbang, haven't quite figured out Reaper but I think it's his teleport (she stuns him through his wraith form).

    Bastion isn't terrible at it, but he's very vulnerable to the Assassin and can be to the Heavy.

    Brigitte is just silly as she can shield bash to stun the Assassin every time it comes in and her shield can come in handy for the Sniper

  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    It was neat realizing Hog eats heavies because they can't get knocked back by his ult.

    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Nobody wrote: »
    Things I've learned:

    Using Genji's blade dash or Moira's fade ability causes the Assassin to go stupid and just stand there if it targets them. McCree can obviously flashbang, haven't quite figured out Reaper but I think it's his teleport (she stuns him through his wraith form).

    Bastion isn't terrible at it, but he's very vulnerable to the Assassin and can be to the Heavy.

    Brigitte is just silly as she can shield bash to stun the Assassin every time it comes in and her shield can come in handy for the Sniper

    This also happens when you fire up Orisa's Fortify ability when the assassin tries to tackle her. So the assassin just stands there and eats every round from the minigun.

    Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Okay, I didn't do uprising last year because I didn't have the game, but was it always so difficulty on normal and it's just an issue of me needing to find a group that coordinates better instead of pugs or did they mess up something. Given that was done last year and they've tweaked things, I could see how they dropped the ball. I did it on all heroes and we failed at the very end because people decided to rush and spawn all the orisa null sector bots and bastions, but that seems so much easier than when we I did it with the locked characters. Also got to say, I'm not a ran of playing Mercy, the play style just doesn't line up well with how I like to play, so I feel for the people that get stuck with her that aren't very good at playing mercy.

    Edit: Oh and Reinhardt can pretty much break the team, having one that just runs off away from everyone else doesn't help at all. It's like Tracers fall quick and Torb isn't much better.

    Mill on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Lost my first game of Retribution because they wouldn't get in the transport..

    Was it a Genji?

    It feels like it's almost always the Genji

    Literally everyone except me.

  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I still hate getting clubbed to death by brigitte

  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    I still hate getting clubbed to death by brigitte

    I love punishing them as McCree when they get complacent.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    She's a harsh mistress. Although frequently they get over-cocky and way over-extend.

    soylenth on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Oh my. So I joined a Deathmatch game, and we got probably the best worst POTG in a while.

    The Junkrat won with a 4-kill tire, which in deathmatch is totally POTG worthy. And that's the play we got! Mostly. Kinda.

    What we actually saw was the player fidgiting around in cover, laying a trap, waiting, waiting some more, letting the tire go...and then the POTG ends before it goes off.

  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    tried brigitte on retribution and was like, hmm i wonder if the snipers will be an issue...

    https://youtu.be/T2YKPTKy6oo

    (they were not)

    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Coinage wrote: »
    I am not enjoying the increased number of Meis and Doomfists in my game I tell you hwat

    Yurrrrrrp. I love Doomfist. Which is why I hope Blizzard stops buffing him. A lot of players just don't like facing him. That's fine. The problem will come when he's only just viable, and that combined with his natural unfun-ness gets him noticed and then promptly nerfed again.

    For everyone's sake, IMO Doom needs to stay just a hair under well-balanced so he never becomes as saturated as Genji or Tracer.

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    There is definitely something about doomfist that is really unfun to die to

    Im not a huge fan of one hit kills outside of ultimates in general though

    Wassermelone on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Got to say the new PVE is generally good but oh boy is it super frustrating to go through a game and then just have folks who won't GET IN THE FUCKING CHOPPA.

    Had a Doomfist, who worked surprisingly well for most of the content, just attempt to farm the dudes at the end and refused to get in the transport. They really need to allow partial extractions an make the score hit hurt folks who don't get in it.

    Also Hog is shockingly good at just murdering shit in that mode.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    The opening character select for Retribution makes me think of XCOM2's deployment screen...

    And I love it for that.

    Now I wish there was a Overwatch map deployment PVE mode with instanced missions at the targeted sites VS Talon, the AIs, and so forth. Think Payday 2, but four-color heroics.

    MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Who's makin' the new thread? It's new thread time!
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    The opening character select for Retribution makes me think of XCOM2's deploymentscreen...

    And I love it for that.

    Makes me think of Diablo.

    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
Sign In or Register to comment.