Options

[Overwatch] #12: OWL Stage 3 Returns, Retribution Soon

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Neither of those points are wrong, though. Taunts are a ridiculous mechanic for PvP with time to kills of under like three seconds, and tanks as they are right now are too good at solo killing DPS. And I say that as a tank player.

I don't disagree.

Oh, I missed the "wouldn't be wrong" clause, my b

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    So I picked this up for Xbox a while ago and just started playing more regularly now. Finally reached level 25 and did my placement matches and I ended up in pretty much on the border of Gold/Plat. Because of work, school and family I can only play with my friends a couple nights a week, if that. If anyone here is interested in grouping up on Xbox, I'd be happy to team up and avoid solo queue, either QP or Comp.

I prefer playing Zen or Orisa, but I'll pick up 76, McCree or Bastion if those two are already taken. I'd also like the chance to learn some of the other characters, but they seem so situational that I've been leaving them to more experienced players.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I was never going to be an Ana main because I can't aim, but man it sucks playing Ana in QP with Brigitte in every game. So much shield and dive and armor

Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Neither of those points are wrong, though. Taunts are a ridiculous mechanic for PvP with time to kills of under like three seconds, and tanks as they are right now are too good at solo killing DPS. And I say that as a tank player.

I don't disagree. I mean, except that tanks are already too good at killing dps. D.Va might still need some minor retuning, sure.

I might be interested in a tank whose tanking skill is like the old Titanfall reflective-shield-hand thing. The one that catches all shots for a limited time then sends them back out in a burst later. It's a little close to Genji's deflect and Zarya's bubble mecehanics but eh, if it makes for a new fun tank then I'm down with some design overlap.

That kind of ability might work well for the Junker Queen. Magnets and scrapyards go hand-in-hand.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    The way you do "taunt" in a PvP game is to punish the enemy team for ignoring the tank. There are a number of ways to do that which you see in Overwatch - either because they do solid damage, have powerful CC, or they have the means to protect their teammates. Shooting a tank first should be the right thing to do - there's no need for a mechanic that takes the enemy team's choices away.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Damn... Bad guys and their good style

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Yea, that Doomfist skin was on point as well as that Hanzo. Bad guys getting all the great skins.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Huh, I figured Doomfist was bald. I guess he actually just shaves his head. Or maybe he just went bald as he got older.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Yea, that Doomfist skin was on point as well as that Hanzo. Bad guys getting all the great skins.

That codpiece though...

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Let's speculate, who else is getting a skin?! I think we're due for eight and know four already (Moira, Reaper, Doomfist, Hanzo)

I figure it'll lean towards Overwatch/Blackwatch/Talon adjacent characters who didn't get one last year, and there really aren't a lot of those left.

Winston seems super due for a skin (it's been over a year since he got one!)

Maybe Sombra?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Let's speculate, who else is getting a skin?! I think we're due for eight and know four already (Moira, Reaper, Doomfist, Hanzo)

I figure it'll lean towards Overwatch/Blackwatch/Talon adjacent characters who didn't get one last year, and there really aren't a lot of those left.

Maybe Sombra?

She doesn't really have a Talon specific skin yet does she?

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

Maybe Sombra?

She doesn't really have a Talon specific skin yet does she?

Oh, looks like she does now!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2132337020334344&id=1529464443954941&

Let the record show that my prediction, however banal and obvious, was posted before I saw this

• Options
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Sombra x Rihanna.

Yes.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Wow! Need!!!!!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Mcree is there right?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    McCree got one last year, which is the one he's wearing in the comic.

• Options
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Doomfist's hair has no texture, hope they fix that. Looks fine, otherwise.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Best random sombra qp moment today. Defending volskya point B, genji fleeng symmetra jumps off right side, intending to dash across gap to our back lines. I hack him just as he jumps over edge. Genji falls to his death. I laugh, and laugh, and laugh...

soylenth on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Doomfist's hair has no texture, hope they fix that. Looks fine, otherwise.

it's a little hard to tell from just the twitter video compression

but if he doesn't, he should

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    "Are you in love, Ms. Volskaya?"

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I love that Sombra skin. Damn, I'm going to be playing this event a ton getting these.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Talon Sombra has lego hair, I'm just gonna stick to the summer style.

Talon Doomfist looks good, and they didn't keep him in the left nipple club.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Why did they give Mei of all people a Summer Games shirt, in the wrong event no less? I guess it's meant to be ironic?

• Options
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Why did they give Mei of all people a Summer Games shirt, in the wrong event no less? I guess it's meant to be ironic?

It's a reference. Have you not seen her short?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Should have been a flat earth t-shirt.

Because Ice Walls.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/8tjcm_kI0n0
    She was technically wearing it 8 years ago

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    What can I say

Some days I'm just on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WOnXKadX9o&feature=youtu.be

Bout to climb up to 1700. The game placed me at 1200.

I have a good feeling I'll be gold by the end of this season

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

The madmen, they actually did it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So f'n close

lwdmbputybzs.png

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    TO BE ABUNDANTLY CLEAR, these are cosplayers at PAX, I think at a greenscreen booth:

• Options

I think I can take a break for today

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular