Options

[Overwatch] #12: OWL Stage 3 Returns, Retribution Soon

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Esports!

Take a regular sports scandal and make it extra awful by making it Reddit/4chan flavored!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Esports!

Take a regular sports scandal and make it extra awful by making it Reddit/4chan flavored!
    I'm pretty sure Jerry Sandusky and Larry Nassar never used Reddit and 4chan.

Coinage on
    Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Damn. Well that's just shitty if true.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I never said they were 4chan regulars, just that the behavior is reminiscent of it

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I never said they were 4chan regulars, just that the behavior is reminiscent of it

Well yeah, 4chan is probably the worst place on the regular internet.

All shitty behavior people do will end up there eventually.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    You know, if you suicide yourself, you shouldn't be allowed to get resurrected. Let that be punishment for shooting your stupid rockets so close to yourself.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    As rotten as Dreamkazper's everything is, you don't get to pull the "THESE NERDS" card when regular sports has done far, far worse. Which I believe was Coinage's point, not the "these real sports creeps never went to 4chan" literal reading.

Even then, good to see a zero tolerance policy in action. In a dark way, this is a good statement for the League's legitimacy.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I am shocked by reality's insistence that being exceptionally good at a competitive game does not mean you aren't a garbage person.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Hanzo is now the only hero I have 2 legendaries for and I opened both of them. I'm not going to play Hanzo, Jeff!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Hanzo is now the only hero I have 2 legendaries for and I opened both of them. I'm not going to play Hanzo, Jeff!

The game really wants me to play Hanzo or Soldier, because I pretty much never do outside MH, but it keeps giving me skins for them. Maybe it'll give me the new Hanzo since it's the first skin of his I like?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    For about an hour last night I could actually hit people as McCree. It was amazing.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I couldn't buy a Tracer PotG this weekend. Had some amazing games - went 24 and 0 on a KotH, had a 22 killstreak on Numbani last night, ending 27 and 1 - but I can't score a PotG.

For some reason, I have no idea why, I decided to go Torb on a Horizon attack. We win, I get PotG. So we end up on Horizon defense, I go Torb, get PotG. Then we're on Hollywood attack, I go Torb, get PotG.

TL:DR: fuck Torb.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Are all of your Torb PotGs in overdrive hammering at your turret? Cause if not, then you're doing it wrong.

• Options
    Are all of your Torb PotGs in overdrive hammering at your turret? Cause if not, then you're doing it wrong.

Doing it wrong :( in all of them, I'm desperately trying to gun down the enemy team and missing every single shot. If I were to make a video of them, it would be set to Yakety Sax.

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    My Torb POTG's are generally me going ham on people while the turret puts in work. I don't recall having a Torb ult POTG.

edit: I tend to play Torb more like an offense player who also haves a turret.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    A lot of folks forget that Torb can do a number on most of the tanks with his alt fire. He can individually flank a barrier tank if he can cut the umbilical to his turret.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I like his ranged, arcing single-shot. Fire that into a choke at headshot height - good eatin'. It has the range of a McCree, the damage of a Mei Icicle and none of the damage falloff. I can rarely get much value out of the shotgun blast, but I'm usually okay with the slug.

• Options
    I think about it like this:

Torbjörn hammering away at his turret: an inferior Bastion, all in one easy-to-rocket-or-snipe place

Torbjörn setting up a lvl 2 turret and joining the fray: two separate targets, one of which is mobile and armoring up the team

• Options
    When it's not like, Hanamura B where you want it in one of three spots, I try to set it up off to the side where folks won't notice it until after they've engaged my team, and suddenly don't understand why they're dying so quick. Setting it up on one side of a choke and positioning yourself on the other side - tempting the reds to come after you, so they charge right into its sights, is very effective.

• Options
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    I like his ranged, arcing single-shot. Fire that into a choke at headshot height - good eatin'. It has the range of a McCree, the damage of a Mei Icicle and none of the damage falloff. I can rarely get much value out of the shotgun blast, but I'm usually okay with the slug.

It actually has the damage of McCree, too. They're identical but for the swapping hitscan for no falloff. Which means you can't actually one-shot a full health Tracer, sadly.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Good on 'em for speaking up.

• Options

It actually has the damage of McCree, too. They're identical but for the swapping hitscan for no falloff. Which means you can't actually one-shot a full health Tracer, sadly.

Aw I thought it was 75 like the icicle :( (looks it up). Yep - 70. Well, that'll still hurt like the dickens.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    We’re working on updating both the hitbox and the VFX for an update in May or June (rough ETA, could be longer, no h8 plz)

Choice of words there by saying update instead of fix, but Genji's cheap ass deflect box is finally getting worked on. If they do fix it, finally. Probably just going to instead make it 360 protection instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBB5srd4lv0

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Just to be clear, I was joking about this because most of Torb's old play of the games are just him hammering away while everyone dies. There's also this one which is perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiMJ-s4T16M

I 100% agree with Josh.

• Options
    edited April 2018

Just to be clear, I was joking about this because most of Torb's old play of the games are just him hammering away while everyone dies. There's also this one which is perfect.

I 100% agree with Josh.

The Ultimate Torb PotG is one I saw where his turret is wiping the enemy team as Torb's lifeless body slowly ragdolls over a corner, and falls into the abyss. That was peak Torb PotG.

Edit: Oh shit it's the one you embedded lol. Yes, THAT is peak Torb lol.
    TexiKen wrote: »
    We’re working on updating both the hitbox and the VFX for an update in May or June (rough ETA, could be longer, no h8 plz)

Choice of words there by saying update instead of fix, but Genji's cheap ass deflect box is finally getting worked on. If they do fix it, finally. Probably just going to instead make it 360 protection instead

I try not to risk anything versus a reflecting Genji that's not like, Brigitte's bash. Little feels quite as crappy as taking your own bullets in the face, or contributing to the death of any ally. You're clear to shoot him if you're precisely behind him, though - the first pick in this vid is a good example (at about 20 seconds):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6s-kSTJwA

Chance on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    There was a pretty excellent Reddit post on the subject, which I am unable to link at the moment due to phone posting, but if you believe an indirect reference, the practical upshot is that Genji's deflect is basically a rectangle in front of him which intercepts any and only shots moving contrary to its surface normal. Latency plus the fact that the rectangle significantly overhangs his sides accounts for most of the weirdness people experience with it.

I strongly suspect they're going to turn it into a spherical volume with a check for whether the shot is moving contrary to Genji's look direction.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular

I 100% agree with Josh.

There's also the classic Torb PotG where he is just fucking around in a room, smacking the wall with his hammer while his turret kills people. He stops and looks at the doorway, then glances back at the wall and starts hammering again. Will have to try and find that one later.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    yeah junks remote bombs can hit genji's head from above (or below) so that hitbox is definitely weird and it's good they are looking at it.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    You don't see it often, but the most egregious deflects are always close-range Pharah rockets. It's really obvious there how comically ballooned the hitbox is with those.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    As annoying as deflect is, getting a good deflect with Genji is absolutely intoxicating. You pop into the door of a choke, the entire enemy team turns and spams rockets and hitscan fire and orbs at you - chingchingchingchingchinnng! - triple kill!

Between the crazy flexibility of deflect and dash's reset, Genji's kit is kind of ridiculous. If you're a crap Genji you will get next-to-nothing done, and if you've mastered him you're an unstoppable 1-v-6 teamkilling end boss.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I really want to like Genji but his kit is pretty finicky as an occasional player, there's a lot of muscle memory around managing the kill reset properly. Selfishly I kinda wish they would get rid of that and buff him in another way to compensate.

• Options
    Genji is amazing if he’s like the only hero you ever play with

I can’t put in the time to make him my main though; every time I pick him just to see if he’ll click I end up going on tilt

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    I really want to like Genji but his kit is pretty finicky as an occasional player, there's a lot of muscle memory around managing the kill reset properly. Selfishly I kinda wish they would get rid of that and buff him in another way to compensate.

Yeah, I wish I could mess around with him more but you really need to put in the playtime. I play him so rarely that I feel very rusty when I bring him out, and my team can't afford to have me goofing around, so I play him less and the cycle continues.

• Options
  • Options
    It’s nice to see that at least the Boston Uprising has some sense of shame

Meanwhile this tweet hasn’t aged well

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

I 100% agree with Josh.

to be fair most of those really meme Torb vids were from early OW where i think we would all agree PotG judgement was pretty skewed sometimes

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

I 100% agree with Josh.

to be fair most of those really meme Torb vids were from early OW where i think we would all agree PotG judgement was pretty skewed sometimes

I think it remains hilarious in the same way. S'like watching a Sym PotG. So skill. Such aiming.

Although I did have one Sym PotG I really liked...

https://youtu.be/e4p3SfxpnG4

Starts at about 1:15. Alternate title: how to cock block McCree.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

I 100% agree with Josh.

I think it remains hilarious in the same way. S'like watching a Sym PotG. So skill. Such aiming.

Although I did have one Sym PotG I really liked...

https://youtu.be/e4p3SfxpnG4

Starts at about 1:15. Alternate title: how to cock block McCree.

they're still hilarious to be sure

but the really silly ones don't happen anymore

he has to at least press Q before smacking a wall for 5s to get PotG now