As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    the super hexagon soundtrack is also good

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Got to the end of Doki Doki Literature club again
    I never stuck around to listen to all of Monika's conversation topics last time. I was not expecting her to go into stuff like "people really have the wrong idea about what being an introvert is" "taking medication doesn't make you weak. You can't just make mental illness go away with willpower" and "isn't it fucked how our school system doesn't prepare people for the real world properly and ends up leaving them in tons of debt?"

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Some day I will actually finish a personal mission in Heat Signature instead of just dying on them every single time

edit that day was today apparently! so should I retire right away and not risk losing this person or how does the item part work is it just passing one item to one character or will all my new characters be able to get it

its just one item to one character isn't it

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Some day I will actually finish a personal mission in Heat Signature instead of just dying on them every single time

edit that day was today apparently! so should I retire right away and not risk losing this person or how does the item part work is it just passing one item to one character or will all my new characters be able to get it

It goes into the random loot pool. I’ve never seen one come back up.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

It goes into the random loot pool. I’ve never seen one come back up.

Oh okay, then I'll probably just keep trucking with this character until she starts getting diminishing liberation returns then retire her I guess

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Luis, who is a Spaniard spying on the cult and a sleazebag, makes a dodgy joke about Ashley being "equipped with ballistics" when he meets her.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    yeah I forgot about that part, I think it's still coming up.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I've had one of my own items come up like once, I think.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

It's when you fight off all the ganados in the cabin, before the choice of the two pathways to the gondola ride down to the village chief fight.

• Options

It's when you fight off all the ganados in the cabin, before the choice of the two pathways to the gondola ride down to the village chief fight.

that's what I figured.

Honestly I forgot most of Luis because he's my least favorite character in the game.

• Options
    You like Krauser more than Luis?

• Options
    Damn, nobody likes Krauser...

• Options
    I'm a sucker for a dumb QTE fight

• Options
    I'm a sucker for a dumb QTE fight

Have you played RE5?

Chris vs. the boulder is an all-time classic.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Krauser is great, what are you talking about?

Like, Luis is also great, but I love Krauser.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Krauser is pretty cool, especially in Mercenaries.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Part of my fondness is definitely due to him being the best character in Mercenaries

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Point of order!

Hunk is the best character in Mercenaries. ...Or at least I like him best

Krauser is real good too, I just like neck-snapping more than a Plagas arm

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Hunk is the best character in Resident Evil period

Because he hasn't said much

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    what is this foolishness

tofu is the best RE character

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Endless Space 2 is another 4X game hamstrung by inexplicably strong pirates. Why is that a thing?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It's just like they warned us.

Piracy is hurting video games.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Akuma is the best RE character.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    hell yeah, the touhou soundtrack is so good

I will never get tired of Bad Apple remixes, and it's been over a decade so I don't say that lightly

but my gateway drug and favorite of all time was this pile of yuri, circa 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=com_rIiVx38

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    hell yeah, the touhou soundtrack is so good

I will never get tired of Bad Apple remixes, and it's been over a decade so I don't say that lightly

but my gateway drug and favorite of all time was this pile of yuri, circa 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=com_rIiVx38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay2F6ZdSTvc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=762ZfFdFn-Y

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    posting siivagunner videos in this context is kind of confusing

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Endless Space 2 is another 4X game hamstrung by inexplicably strong pirates. Why is that a thing?

I have played two hours and I haven't seen any pirates

I fear the real problem is it's just too damn complicated, no matter how fantastic the UI is. (And it is a really incredible UI, no joke!)

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

- combat practice / if applicable, experience points
    - an intermediary goal: 'establish a buffer zone'
    - helping balance aggressive / non-aggressive playstyles: with or without pirates, aggressive players are going to seize more territory. With them, at least, that rate is reduced
    - supplemental income

I mean I dunno, but those come to mind

• Options
    MrMonroe wrote: »

I have played two hours and I haven't seen any pirates

I fear the real problem is it's just too damn complicated, no matter how fantastic the UI is. (And it is a really incredible UI, no joke!)

Aww man thats a bummer, I really wanted to like endless space 1 but had too much going on, then endless legend was awesome and I was really hoping endless space 2 would be more accessible

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Still a fan of Endless Legend's GoT opening map aesthetic.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Endless Legend was a rocking good time, so was Dungeon of the Endless (everyone play dungeon of the endless)

Endless Space feels just one step too complicated for me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I've been playing Guacamelee thanks to Medium Dave.

This game is pretty great. A lot more focus on platforming than I was expecting, and there are so many references everywhere (especially the luchador posters in the backgrounds of various areas).

I'm up to the point where you can freely switch between the two worlds.

I think my only complaint so far is there doesn't seem to be a quest log anywhere, so I'm having to actually remember the 5-6 side quests I currently have and where the npcs that gave them to me are.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

- combat practice / if applicable, experience points
    - an intermediary goal: 'establish a buffer zone'
    - helping balance aggressive / non-aggressive playstyles: with or without pirates, aggressive players are going to seize more territory. With them, at least, that rate is reduced
    - supplemental income

I mean I dunno, but those come to mind

Well balanced pirates would do those things. These one are more like roadblocks than speedbumps.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hey, if you somehow still don't have it, Brütal Legend is free on Humble for the next two days: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/brutal-legend

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I wish I was better at Dungeon of the Endless. I enjoyed it a lot but after a while I ran into maps that I could find no actual way to complete. Not enough dust to light up rooms, not enough resources in general to build things or level up my characters, and the enemies started scaling higher than I could deal with. It's like every level became me reaching max on what I can power, with all my heroes camped in unpowered rooms to stop things from spawning, and still I have half the level left to explore to find the exit dealie. Clearly i'm doing something wrong but I have no idea what it is.

But it lasted me a while until that point so it was worth the money.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I remember in the first Endless Space, pirates had access to all technology researched by all players

It was real fucked

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    If you're just starting try playing Dungeon of the Endless on the lower difficulty, it's still very tough until you know what you're doing/unlocked characters or ships that synergize together well

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Man, even on normal, I feel like if my opponents actually listened to the judge request, I'd be losing pretty consistently

Every match I've had, it's the +50 points from making sure I meet the judge request that is getting the job done

Also, don't use all three elemental cookpots unless you want your dish to be full of bones

EDIT: Okay, with the latest thing they just introduced, the match three cooking segment just got sufficiently complicated, dang

Maddoc on
This discussion has been closed.