As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Just started a new mission and uh... this is the start it gave me, that's the starting room with all my agents in it, and a stationary guard watching the sole door out, uh....
    5R99Ak8.png

I guess it's good I have an invisibility rig but boy does that seem like some random generation bullshit?

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    not really? you should be able to get his attention, and then ambush him when he comes to investigate.

(it'll be annoying to babysit him, but it should be doable)

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Decker's power sucks, unfortunately. Rush is a bunch of fun, but it's absolutely high risk high reward. Make sure you hack the sound sensors if you want to use her without the alarm going nuts.

And yeah, that guard setup sucks. Open the door while you're standing to the side, draw him over to investigate, and then hide elsewhere in the room. When he thinks it's nothing, he'll turn around to walk back to his post, during which you might have enough time to slip everyone past him? Or invisibility suit your way into the room and open another door he can see, then everyone can run past him while he's investigating that? Or just knock him out.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Tamin wrote: »
    not really? you should be able to get his attention, and then ambush him when he comes to investigate.

(it'll be annoying to babysit him, but it should be doable)

Oh right, I forgot you could open doors to attract people. Still annoying that I'll basically have an agent out for the whole level keeping a knee on his throat though.

Didn't think about baiting him into the room and then running past him either, Straightzi. I think this highlights the issue Austin Walker was talking about in his GOTY speech for the game, a lot of times, early on this game feels very unfair because the game does a bad job of surfacing your choices to you in situations like these, the games tutorial is really rather insufficient. I currently have zero idea what a guards behavior is going to be like when he walks through the door and no one ambushes him because I've never been in the situation before.

I'll try luring and sneaking past, and keep a re-wind and go for the doorway ambush keep a knee on his throat approach if that fails.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    yeah remember you can open doors from one side and it'll attract him but not alert him entirely

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I honestly like that about invisible inc? But I'm a minimalist when it comes to tutorials and whatnot.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I thoroughly abused running for one step and walking the rest of the way to constantly keep guards in places I just left; don't know if they patched that

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I honestly like that about invisible inc? But I'm a minimalist when it comes to tutorials and whatnot.

Yeah, so much of my experience playing the game has been "I wonder if I can use this to do that"

And sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Yeah, so much of my experience playing the game has been "I wonder if I can use this to do that"

And sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't

I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't a roguelike with permanent consequences, but, I guess that's why beginner gives you 5 rewinds.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    remember you can move guards around too, allowing you to use that agent for quick things before returning to kneel on his chest

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Damn, Slay the Spire has been blowing up. Currently sitting at #4 on the Global Top Sellers list.

I wonder what caused the bump? I've seen more people talking about it on Twitter but has some streamer done something lately?

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    I thoroughly abused running for one step and walking the rest of the way to constantly keep guards in places I just left; don't know if they patched that

they'll move to your last known position if they're alerted

no pausing in place

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    The latest news about David Cage reminds me about how Indigo Prophecy was considered to have pretty well designed environments back in the day.

This game has an 85% on metacritic and a very positive rating on Steam.

I remember liking it. Was I that desperate for a story heavy game back then?

Couscous on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    The latest news about David Cage reminds me about how Indigo Prophecy was considered to have pretty well designed environments back in the day.

This game has an 85% on metacritic and a very positive rating on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTndkZNwHk8

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Indigo Prophecy is as stupid as it dreadful to play and buddy if you don't think that stealth section is enough to kill an able bodied adult human

I'm a ghost

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Indigo Prophecy starts extremely strong and quickly gets weird, but not in a good way.

Eventually, it gets really weird, in a laugh out loud "I can't believe what is happening, this is so dumb" sort of way.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    but how do you feel about emotions

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    david cage's games reviewed stunningly well for a long time because the idea of a lot of them was so novel that people assumed it must be good

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    you could get a lot of mileage out of being "cinematic" in the 00s.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Theory of a Deadman are still together and released an album last year, just in case anyone was wondering.

• Options
    I was, thank you for sharing that

• Options
    I've only played two of David Cage's games, but since he wants me to judge him by his works, I can attest that his works are full of lazy racial stereotypes and that they contain superfluous sequences that exist only for the player to be able to engage in literal control of female characters in various states of undress, all the better to let you leer at them.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Theory of a Deadman are still together and released an album last year, just in case anyone was wondering.

i wasn't, but that is good to know.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I've only played two of David Cage's games, but since he wants me to judge him by his works, I can attest that his works are full of lazy racial stereotypes and that they contain superfluous sequences that exist only for the player to be able to engage in literal control of female characters in various states of undress, all the better to let you leer at them.

That stuff is why I am not surprised by this:
    In the meeting room where Le Monde met with David Cage two times, he assures that "Quantic is not a rugby cloakroom". Just behind him, on a board, a dick with testicules farting was drawn.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I guess id never think to describe dickbutt like that

But it's not wrong

"A dick with testicules farting was drawn" has a compelling cadence

Hobnail on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I had never played Indigo Prophecy but I had both seen and heard of that opening sequence in the diner and I remember thinking "man what a cool idea for a video game, and with the multiple perspectives? that's so dope, that game seems really cool"

And then later I heard the story got really stupid, and I assumed I knew what that meant

But I didn't

It's so much dumber than I ever imagined possible

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I believe it's actually accurate to say one of the villains in Indigo Prophecy is a physical embodiment of the internet

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    If you watch the opening scene of Indigo Prophecy and then accurately predict where the story is going, proceed to the nearest hospital

Hobnail on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    David Cage is also lauaghbly racist

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    An old demo disc had the opening diner scene of Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy if you're from anywhere in the world other than North America) and I thought it seemed like a cool detective story kind of thing with a twist.

Then I read a review.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I believe it's actually accurate to say one of the villains in Indigo Prophecy is a physical embodiment of the internet

This villain also appears out of literally nowhere, with no explanation, no foreshadowing, for no particular reason at the exact moment in the story where you're pretty sure you've finally got a handle on what the fuck is happening

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

And when you say laughable you mean it, like real deal dumb dumb racist stuff, like if a kid said it I'd be mad at the kid and also worry about the kind being stupid

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

And when you say laughable you mean it, like real deal dumb dumb racist stuff, like if a kid said it I'd be mad at the kid and also worry about the kind being stupid
    Both voiced by a white person.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    heavy rain might be the worst game I've ever beaten, and this is coming from someone who once finished Super Empire Strikes Back

• Options
    Jesus fuckin Christ, that's not even the shit I'd had in mind

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Shorty wrote: »
    heavy rain might be the worst game I've ever beaten, and this is coming from someone who once finished Super Empire Strikes Back

Even if you remove everything in Heavy Rain that's questionable in terms of race, sexuality, gender, and skeevy male-gaze stuff, you still are stuck with a plot that hinges on breaking its own established rules in an egregious and insulting manner.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »

they'll move to your last known position if they're alerted

no pausing in place

This is during stealth - running makes noise, so running one square is the equivalent of MGS knocking on a wall.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    What a tweest!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Shocked! Shocked, I say!

Children's rights are human rights.
This discussion has been closed.