As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Shaxx Me Outside How Bou Dah

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Speaking of team killing, "Jean Claude Van Calm" (I think?) accidentally pushed me off some pipes to my death, and then later when I tried to obtain revenge I ended up slipping and falling to my death again instead.

I'll get him yet!

I’d need to see proof. I turned around and you where stuck in an endless loop of falling and looping back to the pipe. It was a mercy pushing.
    I was gonna make it back up at any moment.

(I don't actually remember the circumstances, just the delight over having been given a reason to take revenge.)

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Precision kills as a challenge in pvp is awful. I'm not botching multiple matches so I can line up 10 kills. Shooting ground near a corner to plink someone with midnight explosions is superior every time. I can't imagine people who take pvp seriously enjoy getting people in their matches that are just trying to farm precision kills either.

That one is sort of a gimme for most playstyles - it ought happen naturally as there are no other requirements. If the PC metagame is dominated by splash damage around corners then that is super odd.

I spent today as the top player on team for 4-5 matches straight, an inordinate amount of time spent on a daily challenge, and got 2. It would happen naturally, but I aint spending 6 hours for a daily challenge. Just make it player kills, I'll take 50 guardian kills over 10 precision finishers.

Most of the time I get that challenge done before I even know it is a challenge (admittedly because I don't look at the challenges very often, and b I am on console).

But people who take PVP seriously are already going for headshots

I find this a very confusing conversation if for no other reason than it indicates such a massively different metagame that it is almost unrecognisable from Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 on console.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Hey, XBone clan, thanks for all of the free engrams this week. I haven't been on much lately because I've been busy with other stuff, but I logged in this evening to grab Cayde's maps and do some Vault cleaning. I saw that you guys had completed all 4 activities so I went to collect from Hawthorne, and found a Better Devils from the Crucible engram! Finally, one of the last few guns I'm missing. Thanks again :o

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    I can be amused by being murdered by a teammate maybe 3 or 4 times before it gets old. The problem is that means that it's old by the end of the first week of a raid's release.

I think I'm more entertained by the accidental murders that @jefe414 always seems to get away with.

People just need to stop jumping into my feet.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Man, why did nobody tell me that there was a purple equivalent to The Chaperone in this game?

This thing is fun as hell in PvE, and I am solidly tempted to try it out in PvP sometime soon.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Man, why did nobody tell me that there was a purple equivalent to The Chaperone in this game?

This thing is fun as hell in PvE, and I am solidly tempted to try it out in PvP sometime soon.

There are two!

Good Bone Structure and First In, Last Out

There are also Uncommon (Hand In Hand) and Rare shotguns of the same archetype that shoot pellets instead of slugs - so they have the huge range and damage of the slug shotguns with the ease of use of regular shotguns and they rip it up in the crucible

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Grinding out the Crucible today, I'm basically desperately trying not to drag the team down and then I get some power ammo and then I shotgun like 4 people in the face in a row. And then the cycle repeats itself.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    oh man i almost forgot

my first crota clear on xbox with @Arteen soloing it and me just watching

looks like @Sirialis was there too

fjcdf4maivvo.jpg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i just ran across a fellow intellectual with the gamer tag angrystinkhole

i mean listen, you don't have random numbers taking the place of letters in your name, that puts you at least five up on me.

why was 18 year old me such an asshole.

At least you were efficient with yours. I have 3 numbers replacing 2 letters AND have the added bonuses of it being tied to a "brand" so I can't change it now, and having to explain how the fuck s314der = spider

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Man, fuck pulse grenades in their current form. Whoever looked at D2 grenades and thought, "yea, that's good" deserves to lose their job.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Man, fuck pulse grenades in their current form. Whoever looked at D2 grenades and thought, "yea, that's good" deserves to lose their job.

The real problem is that they nerfed all the other grenades to the ground and then just kind of stopped at Pulse for some reason

They just need to buff all the other grenades, especially since the recharge is so long on them

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    sPider817 wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    i just ran across a fellow intellectual with the gamer tag angrystinkhole

i mean listen, you don't have random numbers taking the place of letters in your name, that puts you at least five up on me.

why was 18 year old me such an asshole.

At least you were efficient with yours. I have 3 numbers replacing 2 letters AND have the added bonuses of it being tied to a "brand" so I can't change it now, and having to explain how the fuck s314der = spider

i know this and i still call you cider in my head

• Options
    which doesn't actually make any more sense because what's that 4 doing then?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

The real problem is that they nerfed all the other grenades to the ground and then just kind of stopped at Pulse for some reason

They just need to buff all the other grenades, especially since the recharge is so long on them

yeah, all grenades should be as fun as pulse grenades

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    oh man i almost forgot

my first crota clear on xbox with Arteen soloing it and me just watching

looks like Sirialis was there too

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/1q/fjcdf4maivvo.jpg

Ah yes, my favorite strike!

8-)

Arteen on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I switched from Striker to Sunbreaker on my Titan for some Challenges and it's just, like, mindboggling how bad the grenades are in comparison.

Pulse Grenades are fucking monsters in any part of the game. I swear a single one does more boss damage then my super. And certainly clears a ton of enemies swarming me or secures kills in PvP a fuckton better.

Shit needs a serious rebalance.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

I switched from Striker to Sunbreaker on my Titan for some Challenges and it's just, like, mindboggling how bad the grenades are in comparison.

Pulse Grenades are fucking monsters in any part of the game. I swear a single one does more boss damage then my super. And certainly clears a ton of enemies swarming me or secures kills in PvP a fuckton better.

Shit needs a serious rebalance.

I don't run Striker outside of the Raid because I am so booooored of Striker as a result.

In Crucible, I get a sick satisfaction out of suppression grenades because I know I just ruined the only super they are going to get all game.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So, nobody else randomly experienced chugging today in Destiny on console? :confused:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    So, nobody else randomly experienced chugging today in Destiny on console? :confused:

i did a bit on xbox during public events

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    the fourth damage type is friendship

The most painful of all

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular

People played Destiny on consoles today?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I generally just make sure to use that days weapon element and usually just get the other two challenges incidentally.

Kill someone during their super is the hardest but tends to happen accidentally within a handful of games

• Options

you know it’s funny because the clan has low population at any given time but the game sure doesn’t seem to

there are people all over somehow enjoying themselves

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

you know it’s funny because the clan has low population at any given time but the game sure doesn’t seem to

Yet for some reason I'm always trying to solo these public events

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

Yet for some reason I'm always trying to solo these public events

Gotta open your NAT hole

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Precision kills as a challenge in pvp is awful. I'm not botching multiple matches so I can line up 10 kills. Shooting ground near a corner to plink someone with midnight explosions is superior every time. I can't imagine people who take pvp seriously enjoy getting people in their matches that are just trying to farm precision kills either.

That one is sort of a gimme for most playstyles - it ought happen naturally as there are no other requirements. If the PC metagame is dominated by splash damage around corners then that is super odd.

I spent today as the top player on team for 4-5 matches straight, an inordinate amount of time spent on a daily challenge, and got 2. It would happen naturally, but I aint spending 6 hours for a daily challenge. Just make it player kills, I'll take 50 guardian kills over 10 precision finishers.

Most of the time I get that challenge done before I even know it is a challenge (admittedly because I don't look at the challenges very often, and b I am on console).

But people who take PVP seriously are already going for headshots

I find this a very confusing conversation if for no other reason than it indicates such a massively different metagame that it is almost unrecognisable from Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 on console.
    (I just assume they're playing really weird)

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    Trials again tonight... same team back to back. How is this a thing?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Trials again tonight... same team back to back. How is this a thing?

population and/or connection strength?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

Is this exclusive to the Titan one, or is the Warlock one also super good?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »

Is this exclusive to the Titan one, or is the Warlock one also super good?

It's true of the Warlock one also, but Titans have a perk set that gets double grenades and the Pulse grenade lasts longer (so it deals more total damage).

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    @Manos
    @FrederickDyvers
    @singingpie
    @commakazi
    @fiftysnakes

You have all been inactive in the PC destiny clan for a while and only 2 of those @'s actually work I think. Don't see names on the mega roster so please respond soon or risk losing your clan spot as we do have a waitlist.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Okay so here's the pro dogs run from Sunday's raid. I guess I never set my own mic to get captured so you'll all have to imagine my brilliant commentary.

https://youtu.be/0Mr_K_dlwwE

It's basically just the last minute that's important, but I included the full run for completeness.

• Options
    Been keeping a Thesan gunsmith order around for a few months since I realized that a magazine size of six is small enough that smallbore won't actually decrease magazine size. I'm pretty sure all the other stability perks it can get would take it over max stability, so I don't think they'd actually provide much more stability than smallbore in practice, maybe none if smallbore also hits the cap. Then with smallbore also boosting range and not having its usual mag size decrease, I think it'd actually have more benefit and less drawback than braced frame on the Thesan.
    However, I only now thought to check whether the Thesan can roll smallbore, and it turns out it can't. So, that's an inventory slot I've been wasting for a while now.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    oh man i almost forgot

my first crota clear on xbox with @Arteen soloing it and me just watching

looks like @Sirialis was there too

fjcdf4maivvo.jpg

... Glad you remembered me.
    I forgot I was there myself.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    which doesn't actually make any more sense because what's that 4 doing then?

s (3.14) der

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Sthreepointfourteender doesn't make a kick of farm sense

I typed "lick" and "darn" but I appreciated what my kindle did for me and so it remains

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    7awj5kkaywud.jpg

Gosh dang I'm still so cool. Also still wish I was wearing Lucky Pants, but they actually don't fit my current aesthetic that well.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Sthreepointfourteender doesn't make a kick of farm sense

I typed "lick" and "darn" but I appreciated what my kindle did for me and so it remains

Yeah. Clearly you'd want Stwentytwodividedbysevender for more precision.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I have hawthornes shotgun that is automatic and holds like 7 rounds. It basically obliterates everything in one magazine. Bathers tonight, I could throw a pulse grenade and shoot them twice with the thing and pick up 3 more rounds. It was glorious!

If only all the important mobs in this game didnt crater the ground for double to triple the shotguns range when you try to use it... I've been knocked off a lot of maps.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.